Chapter 17: Castle!
251 4 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Right now, Bee and I are walking through the royal castle, led by one of the king’s maids. The old man is currently discussing some important stuff with the king, so he had Bee and me go to the Royal Magician ourselves. On the way out, I heard something about war, but that probably doesn’t matter. What does matter is that I will be able to move to my new body thanks to the Royal Magician! How will they do it, though? Will it hurt? Can golems feel pain? I don’t remember if I did… Wait, I felt Bee’s stings when I first encountered her. Why can I feel pain?

The old man told the maid to give us a tour around the castle before taking us to the Royal Magician, saying that his discussion would take a long time and that I was prone to being bored. If he knew that, why didn’t he do anything on our trip here?

“This here is the Royal Kitchen.” She stopped before a large wooden door, decorated with a  golden frame and a golden spoon in the middle of it. The maid opened up, and inside we saw countless chefs working on the corpse of a giant animal. Hmm… Appraisal!

Mushroom Boar Corpse

The corpse of a recently killed Mushroom Boar. It is said that certain parts of the Mushroom Boar have a hallucinogenic effect when consumed, making it a popular dish among nobles who crave new experiences.

I see. A drug pig. I wonder if it’d work on me? Can I even eat? The body the Dungeon Master gave me has a mouth, so maybe I can. The maid then led us further down the hall, telling us what was behind the many doors we saw. Unlike the kitchen, we weren’t allowed to see into the other rooms. I would’ve liked to have seen inside them, especially for the doors that led to the Royal Library, but alas, I cannot speak.

“We are here.” The maid stopped and stood next to a wooden door at the top of a flight of spiral stairs. I think this is one of the towers of the castle. For a Royal Magician, this sure is a shoddy door compared to the rest of the castle. I reached for the door handle before remembering I have no fingers. I looked at the maid, who noticed my trouble and opened the door for me. I walked in to find an empty square room. I’m serious. It’s empty. There’s nothing here. The only thing in the room was a witch in the middle of the room, sitting on the floor and eating some meat. 

She was quietly nibbling on her food before noticing Bee and I were here. “Oh… visitors,” she said in a very soft, almost non-existent tone. She looked up at us, her expression never changing, “Golem and Bee. Welcome.” Then back to eating, she went.

Uh… shit. It seems we have made a slight oversight. Usually, the old man does the talking, but he’s with the king. Hmm… maybe she’ll understand Bee. Hey Bee, do you think you could talk with the Royal Magician.

Understood! Bee flew up to the witch, who was still focused on her food. “Buzz buzz buzzity buzzbuzz. (Are you capable of understanding me?).”

The witch looked up to Bee and stared at her for a full minute with her head tilted before returning to eating her food. I guess she doesn’t understand. Bee went back onto the top of my head. Time to wait for her to finish eating. Man… I can’t wait for Telepathy to kick in. Since I’m here, might as well appraise her. Appraisal!

Status

General Information

Name: Estelle Ripple
Age: 22
Race: Human
Level: 31
Skills: 14 (1 U, 4 R, 2 G, 7 L) 
Titles: 6 (3 S, 3 E)
Occupation: Royal Magician

Statistics

Physical
HP: 191 (+167)
SP: 136 
STR: 113 (+57)
DEF: 107 (+171)
AGI: 105 (+22)

Magical
MP: 1447 (-1287)
INT: 1518 (-872)
FOR: 1425 (-1255)
CST: 1423 (-1253)
LUC: 123 (+107)

Oh damn. What a contrasting status. Such high magic stats, but such low physical stats. Look at that. I finally outspeed someone! All it took was someone with a higher INT than me. Four digits… I wonder when I could reach that? Before I could think any further, I had heard a ding inside my head.

Due to Goddess interference, the Unique Skill The Library has been activated.

As soon as I finished reading the message that appeared in my eyes, the Royal Magician, Bee and I were pulled into the Library. I heard another ding in my head, and another message popped up.

Due to Goddess interference, the Unique Skill The Library’s Time Dilation effect has been activated.

I looked outside through the panel and saw the maid looking through the door. Her movement was extremely slow, however, only moving a tiny bit after a few seconds. Then I heard another ding in my head, with yet another popup.

Due to a hidden effect of the Soulbound Title Mask of Curiosity, a Soulbound Title of Estelle Ripple has been revealed!

Hidden effect? I don’t even know what Mask of Curiosity does! And why is the Goddess interfering so much right now?!

Mask of Insanity

Due to Goddess Interference, Mask of Insanity’s effect has been hidden.

Huh. Another Mask… interesting.

9