Chapter 22: In The Mountains, The Mighty Mountains
237 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It’s been a day since the bandit encounter. I will not lie, that image is stuck in my head. Not because of its gruesome appearance, but because I was wondering what type of Magic blood falls under. Is it Water? Is it Life? Is Blood Magic a thing? How about the intestines? Is there a Skill made solely for Magic that manipulates flesh? That thought also made me think about my own body. Would my body be considered flesh and thus susceptible to the skill? Is my body susceptible to Earth Magic? I’d test it out, but I have no idea if you can use Magic skills outside of Spells you create.

Speaking of Magic, back in the old man’s hometown, in that neat school the Adventurer’s Guild held, I learnt about Magic there too, or rather what known Magic skills there. Magic isn’t entirely understood. Something about most scholars being assassinated. Well, I could just go into The Library and find out about magic. Bound to be something there. I just need to get into my new body.

That’s me digressing, however. The known Magic skills are Earth, Electric, Fire, Ice, Metal, Water, Wind, Light, Shadow, Life, Death, Time, and Space. There’s a debate over whether Necromancy is a Magic or not, but then again, no one has any idea what Magic is. All we know is that we can use it through Skills and use MP to use it. 

By the way, most people can only have at most two magic skills, if not one. Something about compatibility. I’m pointing this out because I just saw Estelle use spells from seven different Magic skills. Earth, Electric, Fire, Ice, Metal, Water, and Wind. No, not one of those… uh… shadow clones? Alternate personalities? What did that other witch-like one but without the hat say? Past lives? Well, whatever they are, not one of those. The Magic came from the mostly silent, always eating, pretty cute witch girl Estelle. I guess those Magic numbers aren’t for show.

As for why she was using Magic, it’s because we’ve finally reached the Mountain of the Ancient Dragon. We’re currently halfway there, the Dragon lives at the peak. We’ve encountered some Wyverns on the way there, and Estelle has been taking care of them. Not to brag or anything, but I can kill the Wyverns too, but Estelle has the higher CST, so her spells hit the Wyvern before I even think of casting Rock Bullet.

Well, Estelle isn’t the only one killing off Wyverns. Bee is too. That Bee that couldn’t even deal more than 10 DMG to me not so long ago. Wait… I think it’s nearly been a month since that day. Oh… Anyways, giant Bee! Seriously, she is enormous! Almost the size of the Wyverns. Bee’s Unique skill Hive: Mammoth sure is powerful. Three times her stats. She can go toe-to-toe with the Wyverns. Since I compared Bee to the bandits yesterday, might as well do the same. This time I’ll show the status of a random Wyvern and the status of Bee while using Hive: Mammoth.

Status

General Information

Name: No Name
Age: 1 year old
Race: Wyvern
Level: 3
Skills: 2 (2 R)
Titles: 0

Statistics

Physical
HP: 220 (+138)
SP: 126
STR: 234 (-64)
DEF: 212  (+66)
AGI: 158  (-31)

Magical
MP: 67 (+93)
INT: 134 (+512)
FOR: 245 (-75)
CST: 78 (+92)
LUC: 23  (+207)

Status

General Information

Name: Bee
Age: 2 years old
Race: Meditating Bee
Level: 8
Skills: 6 (1 U, 2 R, 2 G, 1 L)
Titles: 4 (1 S, 3 E)

Statistics

Physical
HP: 591 (-233)
SP: 234
STR: 345 (-175)
DEF: 426 (-148)
AGI: 357 (-230)

Magical
MP: 366 (-206)
INT: 609 (+37)
FOR: 312 (-142)
CST: 342 (-172)
LUC: 312 (-82)

As you can see, Bee overpowers the Wyverns when using Hive: Mammoth, but Wyverns are monsters by themselves. That’s a very young Wyvern, I can’t imagine an older Wyvern with a much higher level. Well, even an old Wyvern would be nothing to Estelle and maybe me. Bee is losing to me in INT even with triple stats, so maybe I can one-shot nearly everything with Magic like Estelle. 

Anyways… I’m bored. Estelle and Bee are too occupied with the wyverns and yet somehow in a position where they can’t even leave a single one for me to fight. I’ve been forced to just stand here while they take down the wyverns one by one. Guess I’ll just share some thoughts.

Right now, we’re halfway to the peak of the mountain, but due to how high the mountain itself is, we’ve already reached an area that has snow. Both Estelle and Bee were affected by this, so Estelle made tiny fireballs that floated around them to warm themselves up. As a Rock Golem, I have no idea what it means to feel hot or cold. As far as I can tell, I can’t feel a thing. This brings me to my question. How did I feel Bee’s attacks back when I first came to life? Do Golems feel pain? Apparently, yes. How? Why? What? What else can I feel? A spine chill, apparently. Almost as if there’s some looming presence, and I haven’t noticed because I’m too occupied with my thoughts. Wait…

Master!

Not now Bee, I’m occupied with my thoughts.

But the Ancient Dragon, it’s here!

Eh? I looked to see Bee face to face with the Ancient Dragon, whose wings bought massive winds with every flap and whose presence had caused the wyverns to retreat. Bee immediately shrunk and flew right behind my head. Meanwhile, Estelle… was as unphased as ever. I went back to staring at the Ancient Dragon. They were twice the size of the wyverns we had fought, had shiny white scales and green eyes that stood out. Suddenly, its entire body glowed white, then disappeared. In its place was a human with a dragon tail and wings, who came down to greet us.

“Welcome back, Insanity. A new life, huh. And hello there, Curiosity. Nice to meet you. I am Patience.”

Wait… the Ancient Dragon is a Mask too?

7