Chapter 25: Monkeys, Wyverns, Monkeys, Pirates, and Monkeys.
169 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello, golem here. Still thinking of a name. I've been thinking of things like Rock, Trock, Grock, or even Golem. It turns out I'm terrible at naming. Maybe I'm the reason Bee is named Bee. To think I was making fun of the people of this world and their naming. Names like Forest of Death. Which, as it turns out, is a pretty apt description. Then again, Patience did say that the entrance at the foot of their mountain was extremely dangerous, as the Wyverns that live on the mountain and the monsters from the forest constantly fight here. I thought it'd be no trouble since Estelle is here.

It turns out I was wrong. Right now, me, Bee, and Estelle are back-to-back, launching attacks at the wyverns coming from the mountain, killer monkeys coming from the forest, and for some reason, pirates from the sky. It turns out a pirate crew owns an airship, and they were hired to take us out. 

I'm currently dealing with the killer monkeys. Although their numbers are significant, outnumbering us, the wyverns and the pirates together, individually they're weak. They're also stupidly attacking me one by one. The damage is piling up, however. I've noticed no matter how weak an attack, it will always deal 1 DMG. I'm sure whoever sent these monkeys knows that since there's more than enough monkeys to kill me twice. Fortunately, I have Assimilation, so my HP hasn't gone past 75% yet. It doesn't feel like the monkey's numbers are decreasing. 

Estelle is busy with the Wyverns. Just like when we were climbing the mountain, she's taking them out in one shot with her magic. She's shooting them down with a combination of rocks, fireballs, ice spikes and wind. She was also kind enough to plant some spike traps on my side of the battlefield, and she's also killing a bunch of monkeys that went off to climb on top of the wyverns, so she's killed as many monkeys as I have. Seriously though, why are there so many monkeys?

Bee's dealing with the pirates. The pirates have parked directly above us and are descending by sliding down some rope. Bee just slashes at any pirate sliding down. She's grown to the size of a tree, so rather than a fight, it looks more like Bee is playing a game. She planned to use Hive: Mammoth to slash the pirate's airship in half, but I stopped her from doing that. I'm curious about the ship, and also they'll run out of pirates, unlike the monkeys, who seem never-ending. The pirates do have cannons on their airship, and in fact, when they were approaching us, they were firing them at us, but they can't seem to angle it downwards. That and they're busy firing some cannonballs at the monkeys and wyverns.

It's a four-way war, and if we go by losses, our group is winning. However, if this ends up being a battle of attrition, the monkeys will probably win. There's just so many monkeys. I know Dungeons can create monsters, but can they really summon this many? They should rename the forest to Forest of Monkeys. Oh yeah, here's the monkey's Status.

Status

General Information

Name: No Name
Age: 0 years old
Race: Killer Monkeys
Level: 2
Skills: 2 (2 R)
Titles: 1 (1 E)

Statistics

Physical
HP: 52 (+587)
SP: 22
STR: 22 (+178)
DEF: 22 (+307)
AGI: 22 (+149)

Magical
MP: 22 (+174)
INT: 22 (+732)
FOR: 22 (+184)
CST: 22 (+184)
LUC: 22 (+244)

They're fragile. It really makes you wonder why it's called the Forest of Death if this is a monster in it until you realise there's too many of them. I've been killing monkeys for the past twenty minutes, and it feels like there's no end to them. The pirates and the wyverns have slowed their assault, but the monkeys, they just keep going. Estelle, too. Her MP is not for show. I'd check how many wyverns there are left, but the monkeys are still attacking me. Fortunately, Bee is slashing some monkeys every now and then, and there's still plenty of Estelle's spike traps.

Basically, I'm bored. I could be in The Library right now reading, or I could be on my way to Bloodlust, who really interests me due to being a fellow Mask. I could also not be killing monkeys. I'm not one for fighting. There's not much knowledge you can get from fighting monsters. They have no techniques that could be studied, and at this point, I've sliced up enough killer monkeys that I'm no longer interested in their biology. 

So I've decided to go over my Status. It's something I could look at without totally obstructing my view of the monkeys, who seem to know when someone is not focusing. They may be weak, but they sure are crafty. It feels like the INT doesn't actually affect Intelligence, only magical damage, but that's something I'll need to find out later when I'm not so focused on monkeys. I've recently levelled up, thanks to the gaining of Telepathy, and have gotten more powerful. 

Status

General Information

Name: Unknown
Age: 0 years old
Race: Rock Golem
Level: 17
Current DUR: 639
Current MP: 196

Statistics

Physical
DUR: 639
SP: Not Applicable
STR: 200
DEF: 329
AGI: 171

Magical
MP: 196
INT: 754
FOR: 206
CST: 206
LUC: 266

Skills (12)

Unique Skills
The Library (3/5)

Racial Skills
Inner Core
Rock Body (Permanent)

Granted Skills
Appraisal (1/3)
Calculation
Earth Magic
Hivemind (Leader)
Instant Reading
Language Comprehension
Telepathy

Learned Skills
Assimilation
Meditation

Titles (7)

Soulbound Titles
Broken (Unactivate)
Hive Queen
Mask Of Curiosity
Reincarnator

Earned Titles
Cognitive Monster
Dungeon Monster (Active)
Roaming Boss (Active)

For some reason, the Dungeon Monster and Roaming Boss Titles don't lose their effect, even when I'm not in a Dungeon. I'm curious about that. I had a theory that my old body was made out of the Dungeon's walls and thus is a part of the Dungeon, but the Titles were still active in this new body in Patience's mountain. Then again, this is the creation of the maid-loving Dungeon Master. Either that or the Goddess is slacking, but I feel like the Status would be automatic, so there is no way it can be an oversight from her. Other than that, I've seen nothing interesting about my Status. I'm very familiar with Telepathy, and Instant Reading looks pretty self-explanatory.

Oh yeah, The Library's new upgrade. Metis seems to have awakened, so I'm guessing she has her body now. I'd check, but I haven't had any time to check in the Library. Immediately after that talk with Patience, Estelle wanted to go. It turns out she's very impatient. I thought she wanted to go back home, but nope, she wanted to come here. I wonder, is she interested in the other Masks like me?

I'm not gonna lie, I forgot I was an author. I thought I was just another person on the internet with a folder of written stuff that would never be released. Sorry for being a day late.

5