Chapter 49 – Village Chief No More
3.6k 9 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After they were finished eating, Jack and the party made their way back home. Along the way, they encountered a sweets shop, so Jack bought two boxes of sweets.

Most of the sweets here were made up of dairy products, and they were expensive as well. Sugar is expensive in this world, so sweets naturally become one of the most luxurious items for, at least, the people of this town.

While they are sold in thin wooden boxes with an added cost or wrapped in tree leaves that resemble banana leaves of his previous world.

They reached their homes. With stomachs satisfied, and with toys in their hands, the fluffs cheerfully ran towards their mother to share their happiness.

“Here, this is for you!” Jack handed one of the boxes to Susy, making her blush. After exchanging a few words with Susy, he delivered the other box of sweets to Rita. Pecking her cheeks a few times, he made his way towards the orphanage.

In just 5 minutes, he arrived at the location where Rita and Susy had confronted the village chief yesterday, and his steps halted abruptly as he heard a faint, “P-please… let… her… go…” from his right. He furrowed his brows and strained his senses as he became able to hear something disturbing.

A few minutes ago...

A woman laid limply on the floor of her house as blood trickled down from the corner of her mouth. 

She had seen a man lying unconscious on the ground last night. Thinking that the man was none of her business, she ignored him at first. But even as two hours passed, the man remained there, motionless. So she checked him and found a stain of dried blood at the corner of his mouth.

When she woke him up by splashing some water on his face, she came to know that he was badly injured, to the point that he couldn’t even walk properly. The man asked her to let him sleep at her place and that he would compensate her with money.

Looking at his clothes, he seemed competent enough to pay money. And since he was capable enough, she could even sell him her service. Thinking about the easy money that it would bring without any loss, she agreed to help him. But she didn’t know the disaster she had brought upon herself.

The man had quickly fallen asleep as soon as he entered her house and was given a place to sleep. As the morning arrived and he woke up, the woman offered him basic hospitality. After breakfast, as her daughter went to play, she offered him her ‘service’, to which the man enthusiastically responded. But as the time of the payment arrived, the man found out that he had lost his pouch. He directed a suspicious gaze at her.

“Where’s my pouch?” the man had asked.

“H-how would I know?” she replied.

“Who would, if you don’t?” the man angrily said.

“Y-you were lying unconscious on the street for hours…” she replied, and the man couldn’t contain his anger as he lashed at her.

He covered her mouth to prevent her screams and raped her. The woman couldn’t do anything with her measly strength as tears of regret leaked from her eyes. She herself could hardly afford daily meals, yet she had decided to help this man, but the man finally showed his true face, the ungrateful one.

Though she had customers like this man who would like to act forcefully. So she will have to brush this incident off as another eccentric customer. She will just have to endure until he is done.

15 minutes passed when he was done with his violent thrusting. But as if the situation couldn’t get any worse, her daughter entered the house.

The door had remained open by mistake. They hurriedly separated and began tidying up their clothes. However, the man’s anger hadn’t calmed down. He ogled the tender flesh of the 13-year-old girl before him, and sneakily locked the door. As lust took over his mind once again, he forced upon her.

“Y-you, what are you doing!!” the woman screamed when she saw him pinning her daughter under him.

“Shut up, you bitch!” the man extended his hand, and a strong gust of wind was blasted out of his palm.

*Thud!*

The woman violently collided on the wall, and as she slid down, she coughed out blood.

*Cough* *Cough*

“Hump! That’s what you get for stealing my money!” the man snorted.

The woman knew that this wasn’t the time to cough, her daughter was in danger. The pain assaulting her back, her head, and the churning of her stomach, she ignored all of it for her daughter was in danger.

Hastily getting on her knees, she extended her hands to fire a fireball. It might burn her entire house, but she didn’t have any other choice, saving her daughter was more important.

But just as her fireball materialized, another wind cannon hit her stomach, blasting her off like before.

*Thud!*

“P-please… let… her… go…” she squeezed out a few words as her blurry vision saw the man flipping her daughter’s skirt with one hand as he had covered her mouth with the other.

Her vision went blank to relieve her from her pain. But… this wasn’t the time to be unconscious… her daughter will be defiled… her eyes snapped open, and her mouth screamed, “Someone help!”

*Bam!*

The door was blasted open and a sturdy youth barged in, furrowing his brows.

With his extraordinary senses, Jack had heard the girl’s muffled cries from the dilapidated house near him. And as soon as he heard the woman’s pleading cry, he dashed inside, breaking open the door.

He then saw the man pinning a young girl who had removed her underwear hurriedly separating himself. The frail woman on the right managed to sit on her knees, coughing out blood. Her hair was disheveled, just like her clothes.

Jack understood what was going on. And for the first time in these six months, he finally snapped. 

Raping a woman is the lowest a man could get! It was his bottom line, and he couldn’t just ignore it. Especially now, when he had the strength to act upon his values. Moreover, this familiar man had even attempted to rape a little girl. He had transcended his bottom line!

As the village chief saw the face of the man who had disturbed his fun time, his face became pale as all the colors drained from it. And like a Deja vu, Jack appeared right in front of him in the blink of an eye. Then in the next instant, pain assaulted his neck as he felt his body dragged by him.

With slow and steady steps, he dragged the village chief out while desperately trying to control the strength behind his grip on his neck. He was afraid that he would snap his neck, giving him an easy death.

The village chief’s body thrashed violently. The thrashing only intensified as he felt the dread of death when Jack’s aura leaked out due to his anger.

Jack felt his mana gate loosen due to anger, so as soon as he arrived outside on the street, he took a few deep breaths to calm himself. His grip loosened and let the man catch his breath.

He then raised the village chief to his eye level… A little upward, until his legs were no longer touching the ground.

The village chief widened his eyes as Jack’s sharp gaze penetrated his soul, and all the hairs on his body stood up. He then heard him say, “I should have known… I let you off easily yesterday, didn’t I?”

And although he tried to deny it, he couldn’t even shake his head. He finally understood, as did each cell in his body, that the day of repayment had finally arrived. For all the heinous crimes he had committed until now, he will have to repay.

And Jack confirmed his words as he said something weird, “I shall judge your Karma!”

His eyes were piercing, his voice deep and not hoarse, while his brows were furrowed in extreme anger. Seeing this, the village chief’s body started trembling incessantly and he couldn’t hold back… his pee…

Previously he had managed to pull up his pants. Now the trails of urine leaked from the end of his pants.

Jack’s face contorted in disgust as he looked to his back. He saw the woman and her daughter standing at the doorstep, hugging each other. The woman had a worried expression on her face.

“Do you know him?” Jack asked, seeing her worried expression. She shook her head in denial, so he nodded.

He looked at the people gathered all around him who were whispering to each other, trying to make sense of the situation, drawing their conclusions. With all these onlookers present, a gore scene wasn’t a good idea, he thought.

Jack waited for a few seconds to let the village chief complete his thing for what he was going to do now… and then muttered, “I shouldn’t dirty my hands with a filth like you!”

And just as a ray of hope returned to the village chief, he saw Jack smirking.

Jack put his step forward to balance his center of gravity and…

*Woosh!*

Threw the village chief into the sky... 

And the village chief understood...

That now, in the last moments of his death, he can finally enjoy his childhood wish…

The wish to fly...

40