Chalter 15.2 [Edited By New Guy]
641 4 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rudra had just released both former commissioners in front of people. People were stunned, they didn't know what to say or what to do, former commissioners were in the same situation. Their faces too were drained from their blood. They saw what Rudra had done to other criminals. They knew now that their crimes were out in the open, in front of an angry crowd they were like pigs at a butcher shop. They were wished that somehow Batman and Gordon would pull them out of this mess. 

Peter Pauling and Gillian B. Loeb were scared, Death was right in front of them. There is a saying, that the rich and corrupt all have the weakest hearts. 

" Look, fellas whatever Rudra has shown you is baseless. We have never killed anyone. For the bribes, I admit to it but it doesn't demand an execution. " Gillian B. Loeb said with a shaky voice which due to the microphone implanted in their collars was heard by everyone present there. 

" Yes, Gillian is right. I mean who doesn't take bribery, everyone does so, government pay is never enough. Even that bribery was from Government officials about some work. We never took anything from gangs. Those were just some false accusations against us. I mean if we were to be related to gangs, wouldn't Batman have visited us, and Gordon would have thrown us in jail? " Paul said with some confidence in his voice when he saw that no one from the crowd was doing anything like moving toward them or throwing stones. 

Paul and Gillian knew that this was a crucial time, to save themselves they had to shift the blame. Due to them only taking bribery and Rudra not showing any evidence, as he wanted to test the waters, there's a chance that they could save themselves. 

To both Gillian and Paul, Rudra was a fool for letting them go as now they could just plead guilty to the crimes and live comfortably in a high-security prison where Rudra can't touch them. After all, this was Gotham's crowd, an oppressed crowd but with the ideology of second chance integrated into their very being by various criminals and their heroes. They will never hurt anyone who has admitted to their crimes and wanting a second chance, due to the media influence and previous incidents. They might be angry, but they would never harm anyone. 

" Yes, both Gordon and Batman know about our crimes, but they let us go. We had to resign from our posts but look, they never filed a case against us because we are not criminals or villains, we were just normal people who were trying to meet the month's end. This does not mean that we deserve to die. " Gillian said immediately after Paul. 

" And this Rudra, look he even put normal citizens in the way of harm. He put that child's life in danger just to prove his point. How could you trust him over the judgement of Batman and Gordon? " Paul said with some hope in his eyes as a minute had passed and the people of Gotham were just standing and not doing anything. They just needed to stall them for a few more minutes. 

" We will surren- * Ahck* " Paul was going to say some more bullshit, when a stone was thrown at him from the crowd, it hitting his forehead. 

Everyone's heads moved toward the person who threw the stone. 

The man who threw the stone was a guy in his '40s. He was looking at Paul and Gillian with hatred in his eyes, his eyes red with tears. 

" Not anymore," The man said and started to run toward both of them, with tears falling from his eyes. 

While running he said something that, gave the people the final push they needed.

" Shut your damn mouths. I don't care about Rudra, Batman or Gordon. All I care about is that my children go to their school and I don't have to fear if they will return safely or not. 

I DON'T CARE WHAT THE PEOPLE LIKE BATMAN OR RUDRA SAY, ALL I WANT IS MY CHILDREN PLAYING OUTSIDE FREELY AND I CAN'T HAVE THAT BECAUSE THOSE DAMN VILLAINS, THAT COULD ESCAPE FROM THEIR JAILS OR CRIMINALS ARE ON THE STREET, WITHOUT FEAR. THAT IS BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO WOULD SELL MY CHILDREN'S SAFETY FOR MONEY. 

NOT ANYMORE. "  

The tears that were falling from his eyes, were not due to remorse or sadness but were tears of happiness. The man was feeling pain as his whole ideology was ripped apart by his own hands. His whole existence which was tied to the chains of forgiveness and giving a second chances was crumbling by his own actions. He was feeling pain, the pain of his rebirth, the process of his rebirth had started here. He was being destroyed and being made anew. He was casting out the fear that he once had through his tears, this pain was the indicator that for the first time, courage has taken a place inside him. 

These changes were all happening at a frightening speed and all were internal. Only few people or beings were able to notice these changes. 

Destiny, another aspect of The Presence saw his book's pages turn blank, the fate that was written in his book's pages has been broken. The chains of Destiny broken, one by one. 

Another man that was present in the crowd too started to run toward them with stone in his hands and red eyes full of tears 

" Not anymore " 

Another one, and another one, in 10 seconds the crowd that was once standing there as if they were stone statues started to run toward the target of their misery.

With fist's clenched, tears in their eyes, and with the Chant of " NOT ANYMORE " casted off their fear. 

Thousands of people breaking their destinies. Thousands of people feeling what it is like to be brave. They carved this feeling in their hearts. 

The Presence who was watching this scene unfold felt happy. This event had sent a wave in the universe which would help rectify the situation.

He was grateful toward the Supreme Being for choosing Rudra. 

At the scene

Gillian and Paul both were feeling the impending doom that was going to befall them in a few seconds. They saw a mass of thousands of people running toward them to kill them. 

If it wasn't for Rudra's enhancement, they both would have died of heart attacks already. 

Just imagine seeing thousands of people that wanted you dead, all of them running toward you. That scene would be enough to shake you to the core.

People started to throw stones at them. 

Both Paul and Gillian started to run from the people. But how could Rudra let that happen? Garuda who was hovering invisibly in the sky threw four stones with such power, that it popped out both of their kneecaps. They fell to the ground as stones rained down upon them. 

Some hit their eyes, jaws, nose, hands and some on their back. Their faces bloody, every part of their bodies was inflicted with wounds.

This was before the crowd had reached them. Paul and Gillian saw their lives playing in front of their eyes. How they helped various gangs for money and how they shunned their responsibilities. They were trying to find one act of goodness in their lives that could give them some solace. They didn't find a single one. 

*slap* Paul was slapped by the man who first threw the stone. 

" For my children " He roared. 

And then the others came, everyone started to punch them, kick them, pull them, slap them and some women were even scratching their faces with their nails. Someone tore their ears off and someone gauged their eyes. 

The scene was gruesome. The people had casted their fear off and felt the warmth of Courage. They felt lightheaded. 

" It's beautiful. " Red Hood who just arrived at the scene said.  

" It truly is, Red. " Garuda too nodded. 

This was the movement that truly cemented a bright future for Gotham and the world. 

Amenadiel, the highest angel of silver city and the highest and most deadly warrior of god smiled seeing the spectacle. 

At the top of Mount Olympus, all 12 Gods of the Greek Pantheon were stunned seeing the chains of Fate breaking. Zeus thought this was wrong as only he, the King of Gods, was allowed to break the chains and was going to smite the mortals who dared to do so. He stood from his throne but then his foot slipped, and he fell to the ground. The crown which was on his head fell and, in the process, injuring him which resulted in his blood spilling out. The blood fell on the floor and what happened next made every God present angry. The golden blood started to form words which were 

" YOUR END IS HERE. " 

---------------------------------------------------------

P.O.V. Nathon Simmons 

My name is Nathon Simmons. I am an ordinary citizen of Gotham city and by god's grace, my family and I have not been caught in any of Gotham's unsavory activities. 

I am 44 years old and run a confectionery. 

Last night after seeing Carl killing those mafia goons and seeing the police's action I didn't feel that much, I mean this is Gotham it is a regular activity here. But I really felt anger when they tried to harm that little child but what could I do? They were there and I was at my house. 

I feel no shame saying that I am a coward. I fear what will happen to my family, so I could only sympathize with him and nothing more. 

I saw people resisting the police, and it took a turn when the police retreated. I felt a jolt of happiness seeing those blue boys retreating, like the rats they were. 

Then this morning my friend, Summer called me and asked me to participate in a parade against the blue boys. Summer had lost his son to drugs so as a good friend I agreed. 

People came in thousands for this rally. Some were there just to show support for their friends who were wronged by the police. In actuality , most of them were to support their friends in their struggle. 

Then it happened. 

Rudra started his second telecast. 

At first, it was just 3 villains that he tortured and killed and as much as I don't like their deaths, I felt relieved. But the punch in the nuts was what came after that. 

Rudra showed us a list of people. All of them were well respected in the community and philanthropists. Then I saw a one person named Clint Patton. 

I knew that man, he was the owner of various schools and educational institutes. Mine and Summer's children go to his school. 

I hurriedly clicked on his name and the crimes he had committed were enough to break me. He made the children addicted to drugs. He would put drugs in some of the children's food, blackmail little girls for sexual pleasures and much more. I looked at my friend and saw his face full of tears. I just hugged Summer. 

And the realization came to me, that it doesn't matter if I keep my head down. Crime will eventually catch up to me. I was lucky that my children were not affected, but I was sad as it was Summer's child. The thoughts that were running through my mind at that time were so dark that they broke me mentally. I felt guilty for even thinking that these people deserve mercy. 

Rudra was right, these people deserve death, in the most violent way. I saw how that bastard scratched himself to death without flinching. I enjoyed his death. 

Then Rudra said that he would release 2 of the most corrupt cops in front of us. He wanted to see our resolve to change. 

I didn't know what to do at that moment. The preparators of various crimes were in front of me and I didn't know what to do with them. No, I knew what I had to do but I couldn't find the courage to do so. 

Then those bastards started to admit to their crimes of bribery, and my blood boiled. Who knows how many parents had lost their children because of those bastards, and they have the gall to say that their crimes were not that bad.

I saw my children's faces in front of me. I saw their smiling faces, then I saw them addicted to drugs and a much worse future. 

Then I came back to reality, saw them talking about Batman and Commissioner Gordon. It dawns upon me that I couldn't rely on anyone. 

I had to cast off my fears for the betterment of my children. 

It was hard. I was like I was lifting a mountain, but I was determined to do so. So, I threw a stone at those bastards. And the rest is history.

A/n: My smartphone has been malfunctioning, that's why this chapter is late. 

E/n: Started working long hours, gonna take a while

A/N: I have high fever for the last 3 days and before that I was really busy in some family work, I have to travel a lot due to that. so I didn't write anything. this is the last chapter in my stock that is finished. there is no advance chapter on patreon or anything like that. but soon I will release other chapters there. 

the thing with me is that I don't like to put my chapter's behind a pay wall. so that's why here is the chapter. 

patre'o'n is just a way to stay motivated guys. and There is line on my pa'a' tre'on bio and that is I don't put my chapters behind pay wall. so here it is. 

now if someone wants to support me 

PATREÓN.COM/EDGELORD666 in small lettrrs. only if you can, there is no pressure.

11