Chapter Sixty-One: Central Police Bomb Squads
836 3 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lowengren walked down the main halls and went into the last functioning room in the building.

As Lowengren entered, a startled girl immediately stood up from her seat.

“Kristine?” Lowengren was startled as he identified the girl.

“Hey there, Sebastian! Arthur must have forgotten to inform you.” Kristine answered back. They have always been acquainted with one another and have even shared interviews together. But now Kristine had a wary look in her eyes.

“You were watching the news?” Lowengren noticed the television and then realized Kristine’s cautious attitude.

“Don’t look at me like that, Kristine. Arthur planned about half of everything that’s been going on!” Lowengren shook his head.

“Must be easy for you. I bet the moment you step out this room you would be in full game mode. The cold calculating leader of Warfreakz.”

“It isn’t like I have a split personality! I had to get out of that room to take a break! I’ve already ordered the death of hundreds!” Lowengren’s shouted.

Kristine was startled at the angry face of Sebastian. He had never shown his angry side to her.

“I’m sorry. I can’t imagine how it feels. It’s just. Arthur’s out there. And I just can’t imagine that he’s living the life he swore to run away from.”

Lowengren stood there and clench his fist.

“I’m sorry. Things have been too much for me. You’re right. The moment I walk out that door, I’d get back to my game mode. At least I calmed down after seeing you.”

“Arthur probably didn’t tell you that I tag along so that you wouldn’t see me.” Kristine giggled.

Lowengren was silent.

“Even if I knew you were here, I probably wouldn’t have gone to see you despite my clear intentions. In fact, I believe, it’s time for me to just cut my losses and stop running after you.”

“Did Arthur threatened you? I’m sorry if he made you feel a little uncomfortable. He’s like my big brother. So, he does have a tendency to act a little bit overprotective.”

“A little uncomfortable? Didn’t you hear our screams from the room above? I basically converted to five different religions with Arthur’s mace tricks!” Lowengren vented out in anger. The horrors he experienced a few hours ago continued to leave him shaking every time it comes back to memory.

“Those were your screams?” Kristine questioned but she carried an irritated look.

“Yes! That was my entire team! And it took nearly an hour to get everybody up back and running?”

“With what? Arthur’s little tricks! You’ve just had one session and that was with Arthur! I’ve had three of those and it was with that little demon over there! You’ve changed religions? I’ve tried summoning the devil in my mind to keep me away from one of the devils brothers! So don’t you dare have that tone with me when talking about that session I’ve had worst!” Kristine screamed in anger.

Lowengren was surprised that Kristine went through a similar experience. He then turned to the direction which Kristine pointed at.

“Is that him?” Lowengren then slowly approached a huge pop which stood upright. The small glass window in the front revealed a young teen wearing an oxygen mask and was floated amidst a greenish liquid.

Kristine gazed at the pod. Apart from her memories from Seeker’s nightmares, was the shocking scenes of death she witnessed a few nights ago.

“Yes. And the pod next to him holds Lynd Indigo.”

“We’ll be moving them. I’m just waiting for the team to enter this room. As per Arthur’s instruction, this would be the last room to clear out.”

“We’re moving?”

“Just transferring to the basement.” Lowengren sighed.

“I have to get out there. Thanks for the small chat. It really managed to calm my nerves.” Lowengren smiled.

“I’d do a friendly side-hug, but I’m too scared to do it now.”

Kristine and Lowengren laughed.

“Scared of my big brother?”

“No. After our session upstairs, he told me to keep my distance from you. Apparently, Seeker’s got a thing for you. And Arthur warned me, that Seeker’s far crazier than he can ever be.”

Kristine was shocked at Lowengrens’ statement and couldn’t help but stare at Seeker’s figure.

The door immediately opened as several soldiers rushed in.

“Sir. We are ready to clear this room.”

Lowengren sighed.

“You know Kristine, it would’ve been so much easier if I did have a split personality. At least I won't remember everything I’ll be doing tonight.”

Immediately Lowengren turned towards the soldiers and a serious expression appeared. He was back to the cold and distant commander of the Heroes Army.

“Do it. Kristine. I need you to clarify things for me. I want the full story behind Seeker Carlean and this war.” Unlike his previous tone, Lowengren was now commanding Kristine.

Kristine was startled at the sudden shift.

“You probably won’t believe it.”

“I’ve seen a petite, Asian girl wipe out an entire brigade of soldiers. I’m prepared to believe anything right now. Let’s go. Tell me along the way.” Lowengren walked out of the room. This time, he walked with the dignity of a commander.

In the main entrance of one of the most prominent buildings, the overseeing lieutenant assigned in the area waited outside the building and noticed several police officers rushing towards the building wearing bomb suits.

“Sir!” The police saluted.

“What are you doing here? We’ve already finished checking this building.”

“Orders from Central Police. We’ve brought bomb-detecting gear. The Commissioner suspects that a special bomb was used which bypassed all security protocols during the first attack. If Lowengren has access to Pangean bombs, then anything is possible.”

“I see. Then go ahead. Our forces should be done sweeping the building and will be moving on to the next assigned destination.”

“Affirmative. Team, let’s move.”

The Lieutenant gave a curious look at the smallest officer on the team.

“Aren’t you a little too young or… too small for this job?”

The officer just gave a blank stare at the questioning lieutenant.

“I’m not sure how to respond to that, sir.” The officer replied.

The lieutenant shook his head.

“Right. I’m sorry for discriminating. Carry on, Miss.”

The team of police officers entered the building and immediately went their own ways upon entering.

The leader of the team along with the smallest officer went to meet the head of security who was overseeing the exit of the military forces at the lobby.

“More of you?”

“Orders from Central. We have orders to check each and every floor of this building, including the restricted areas.”

“Denied. No bomb could have gone to the restricted areas. Under no circumstances-”

“Gary Corner is dead. Will you forgive Central for being a little too paranoid? A Pangean Eradicating bomb can go down to the size of a cellphone. Are you sure that nothing went through the bags and pockets of anyone who went into that room?” The small officer interrupted.

The head of security was silent.

“Alright. I’ll call the boss. Follow me.”

The trio went to meet the CEO of the company. He wore a black business suit and had a strict stare.

“I understand Central’s concern. But that classified room holds classified technology. We cannot let you-”

“Pardon for the interruption Sir, but we really have a lot in our hands. We don’t need to enter the room. Take us to the floor and we’ll use our devices to check the area. Our devices should be able to cover more than 80 percent of the floor.” The small officer quickly spoke.

“Fine.” The man immediately responded.

“Follow me then.” The man walked towards the exit and four of his bodyguards immediately followed.

The group quickly left for the elevator and the CEO immediately used a special key. The elevator moved at the turn of the key.

The group quickly went out of the elevator and was greeted with a large steel door.

“This should be a problem. That metal door will block the signal. Could you open the door, Sir? We don’t have to enter the room.”

The man frowned but immediately signaled to one of the bodyguards.

The bodyguard used a retinal scan and the door immediately opened. A large plastic curtain was immediately seen preventing anyone to view what was inside.

“I hope that that won’t be a hindrance?” The man spoke in frustration.

“Not at all, Sir. Thank you.” The small officer smiled.

The two officers immediately dropped their bags and started shuffling through their belongings.

The small officer immediately stood up with two handguns with silencers on hand.

Immediately, the four bodyguards and the head of security received a headshot before they even realized what was happening.

The small officer shot the throat of the CEO. The man fell down and blood poured out as he started struggling. He couldn’t scream as his wound prevented him from doing so.

The other officer took out a small cylinder rod and tossed it to the small officer.

The small officer caught it and immediately it expanded and became a glass sword.

Meryl took off her mask and immediately thrust the sword on the right side of the man’s chest.

The man squirmed and struggled but as the pool of blood below him started to grow, his struggles slowly turned to peace.

“Aragarian. So Arthur was right.” Meryl frowned.

“Orders Captain?” The soldier asked.

“Ummm. Let’s just do as planned, I guess. Make sure no one’s around the basement area and get ready to pick up the folks I rescue. I’ll go in now and see if there are any more enemies.” Meryl struggled.

“You mean we are to secure the extraction point while you eliminate all tangos in that room?”

“Look, if I knew how to speak military, I wouldn’t have rehearsed everything! Geez, give me a break!” Meryl immediately sprinted towards the room.

On the wide parking areas of yet another prominent commercial complex, a purple Exoskeleton stood.

“Sir! The bomb squad from Central has just entered the building.”

Lieutenant Lander nodded as he gazed at the other buildings in the area.

Suddenly his attention turned to the sky as a rocket zoomed out of an open window of the building which the bomb squad just entered.

The rocket was aiming for the adjacent building which was the residence of yet another prominent businessmen.

Immediately, the Australian anti-missile defense system sprang into action.

Spread out in New Birth City, were tall black steel post. These post had a small camera-like device attached to its very top. The camera-like device shot a small reddish ray of light which struck the rocket's warhead.

BOOM!

The rocket exploded in mid-air causing no damage.

“Whoever did that underestimated our city’s anti-rocket capabilities” The soldier boasted.

“I want a full lockdown of that building. The enemy couldn’t have gotten far.” Lieutenant Lander immediately ordered.

“Sir! We found the bomb squad in the main lobby of the first floor. They appear to have been attacked. They managed to hide from the enemy assault but some of them are wounded.”

“Get them to the paramedics.” Lander started to walk towards the main complex.

“Sir! Our platoon wasn’t able to find anything! The other platoons couldn’t find the attacker as well."

Lander observed the entire complex and was dissecting each end of the building for any escape paths that the assailant could have made.

As he slowly approached the building, it happened.

Above the Area Eradicating bomb, is a much more potent and powerful explosive. Of the Eradicating series, it was known as the Zone Eradicating bomb.

BOOM!

Lander was thrown back from the strong explosion. If he wasn’t wearing his Exoskeleton then he would have been dead.

Confused and in disarray, Lander slowly stood and witnessed the entire complex falling down on itself.

The bomb squad was already driving away in the ambulance.

A bomb squad member gazed at the desolation they had just caused.

“Arming the rocket with a miniature gun to shoot windows open and using the glass elevator shaft as a quick and undetectable route…” A soldier voiced out as he shook his head. He has never seen such precise navigation on a controlled rocket. The rocket they fired was near the entrance of the lobby. Yet it reached all the way to the ninth floor.

“No wonder Warfreakz is considered the best.”

Back in headquarters, Stanley’s hands were covered in sweat.

“Sir. Per-permission to pee.” Stanley finally squeaked.

 

Next chapter on Tuesday!

Purchase the entire volume 2 for $4.99! 
(Chapters 56-114)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RL1BM3C
Don't forget to rate the book if you've purchased it!

15