Chapter Eighty-One: The Parent’s Allegiances
597 3 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Two long rifles were inserted into a slot on Arthur’s missile. Ensuring that the locks that held him on the missiles were securely fastened, Arthur then used his rifles to aim.

Just then, the burst of speed that the rockets they were riding started to slow down. With the last adjustments on the missiles, position and aims were performed by the missiles, the bursting flares that propelled these missiles started to die out and the rockets then continued to a freefalling motion.

The missiles glided and started free-falling towards the base.

“Why did it die out?” Meryl panicked.

“These missiles are equipped with anti-heat seeking capability. They are designed to glide towards its target.” Arthur calmly replied as he aimed for the approaching anti-air rockets.

However, even without the heat source, the Arbiter rockets continued to fly towards the sky. Despite the disappearing heat signals, it continued to fly towards the missiles that Arthur and his team rode.

“Why does it look like those rockets still know where we are?” Meryl wondered.

“Australian technology. If I had to guess, it’s using magnetic technology to guide the rockets. Anyway, we’ve come prepared.”

BANG! BANG!

Two shots were fired and the powerful Rail Gun which destroyed two anti-air rockets reaching for the missiles. The rockets exploded and destroyed the nearby rockets as well.

Arthur continued to shoot the rockets as they glided through the air. Using Instant Calculation, Arthur determined that the remaining anti-air rockets would not be able to intercept the free-falling missiles.

The missiles which Arthur and his team rode glided pass the Arbiter rockets.

The remaining Arbiter Rockets then broke into many pieces and created a shield of the explosion which destroyed the other missiles that were launched.

“Detach now!” Arthur ordered.

The team immediately unfasted the belt which they attached to the rocket kicked off the gliding rocket.

Glider wings immediately appeared as they extended their arms. Like flying squirrels, the team glided slower compared to the missiles. A second after they jumped off the missiles, the boosters reignited and the missiles flew towards the different locations of the military base.

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

Alas, Australia’s anti-air defense was prepared. Since the first attack, the layers of air-defenses had been enabled. Most of the missiles exploded before it could even hit the ground.

The shockwaves tore the skies above the base and in the chaos of the explosions, two missiles managed to bypass the air defenses and finally managed a touchdown.

BOOM! BOOM!

Two large explosions rocked the eastern and southern part of the base.

The lightning strikes finally ceased as the wave of lightning’s that arced through the area faded.

The soldiers finally made their appearances. Jet powered Exoskeletons flew to the sky and several infantries also made its appearance.

Meanwhile, in the shroud of darkness and the distraction of the explosions and lightning’s, no one could imagine that fourteen soldiers had infiltrated their base.

Another wave of lightning rods was approaching the base, but the anti-air defenses managed to attack it while the EMF only attacked approaching missiles.

“And that’s the gist of it.” Lynd finally breathed out.

It was a long story that he told. Luckily, his audience had no strength to ask any questions with their current state. Their shock also made them hold their silence.

The three couples were lying flat on hospital beds as several nurses and medics treated them.

Their condition was bad. They all had gunshot wounds, several gashes and even stab wounds. Although they weren’t critically injured, they looked like they just survived a war zone.

“So my daughter… is currently training twelve of these ‘Unlocked’ by accompanying them in attacking Australia?” Steveson was the first to react from the long tale.

“Sir! It’s on the news.” A soldier arrived in and reported.

Harker simply nodded and immediately signaled for the television to be turned on.

“Following the rejected demands of New Great Britain, General Audenvise has acted once more and attacked the military base on Lower Tresk. Several long-range missiles were fired and an ongoing skirmish is taking place in the Easter Seas of Australia. Pangean military personnel who were monitoring the area noted that several lightning strikes occurred on the base.” A female reporter spoke as several images and a short video was shown of the lightning strikes.

“Experts claim that these lightning strikes damaged the base and should be a new technology developed by New Great Britain.”

“It’s clear that war is on the mind of every nation. Australia has revealed its aces and managed to push back the battle. But it looks like New Great Britain has a few tricks of their own.” A short fat man with a thick accent spoke on television. His title appeared and identified the new face as General Pimitin, a Malay-Pangean General.

“So do you think Australia will lose this war?” A reporter asked.

“It’s hard to say. We haven’t seen the full extent of their technology. What’s curious is why did New Great Britain unveil this new technology? No other nation has yet to reveal their aces yet as early as now, but New Great Britain already did.” General Pimitin frowned as he spoke. There was clear distrust and wonder in his eyes.

The new continued to relay the information about the sudden battle, but Steveson paid no further attention to it.

“So my daughters taking part in the battle?”

BEEP! A comm device suddenly alerted as Lynd immediately took it out to check.

“Yep. Looks like they’ve completed their mission and is swimming back to the submarine."

The stares of the couple were numb at this point. Such information brought them to a state of not knowing how to react. It wasn’t long since they fought three young kids who turned their world upside down. The moment’s that they thought they would die exceeded the total amount they experienced in their lifetime.

“Now on to the reason why we all called you here.” Alean finally spoke.

“We need you to betray whatever organizations you’re working for and pledge your allegiance to our cause. Right now, this is the only organization worth fighting for. Your sons and daughter are already fighting it. This information cannot reach the organizations you’re working it. Do you understand?”

Peters gave a loud sigh.

“Welp… having my ass handed down to me by my own sons sure is refreshing. We’re mercs. We don’t have work for anyone. We went to this country to retire. Looks like we can’t retire just yet, Lynda.” Peters laughed.

“Lynd Peters… just know that I’ll be sure to get back at you.” Lynda gave a strong glare towards her own son.

Lynd sighed seeing that look. It wasn’t how she used to look at him. But before Lynd’s emotions could affect him…

“But I’m proud of you son!” Lynda smiled.

“You even managed to top the daughter of this strict Chinese man! But just promise me you won’t ever kill yourself trying to save that cowards son! If you already did in that future, then don't in this timeline.” Lynda laughed as she pointed at Chris.

Steveson and Chris gave a ferocious glare at Lynda.

“Haha! That’s right! How you like me now Detective?” Peters mocked.

“If what you said is true… then it’s only obvious that we would follow you. Our assignment to Phil-Pangea also acted as my retirement.” Steveson spoke coldly.

“I would love to help my son out. But it’s not that simple. They know I met with you, Harker.” Chris spoke gravely.

“It’s alright. It’s part of our plan. We will be headed for China. I want you three to act as a distracting entity to add more mystery for our upcoming fight.” Alean spoke.

“Arthur’s plan is to use your identities to draw attention to whatever secret agency that’s watching you. If the three of you suddenly decide to go for One China, then it might mislead the Aragarians into thinking that what this is, is simply a battle in the underworld. You are to head back to your respective organization and act as if you’ve uncovered something between my organization, and Meng’s.” Harker concluded.

“I see. You’re using our identities to make this operation known so that it won’t be something suspicious to our alien residents…” Chris concluded.

“Hiding something by putting it in plain sight... Impressive.” Steveson summarized.

“How is Zeek’s condition?” Grace finally asked an gave a glare to her husband.

“Honey! Relax! Look, Lynd’s like his best friend and he’s not worried… Right, Lynd?” Chris turned to Lynd.

“Don’t worry Aunt Grace. Zeek’s just preparing himself. Charles confirmed that his status is already stable and should awaken within a week or so.”

Grace sighed in relief.

“You said my daughter’s changed. How?” Jade spoke for the first time.

Peters laughed.

“So you know how to speak after all?”

“Lynd.” Jade asked firmly ignoring Peters and Lynda’s laughs.

“You have to see it for yourself. She’ll be waiting in China.” Lynd smiled.

Looking at the two strict parents of Meryl, Lynd offered a silent prayer for Arthur.

“What about Richie?” Grace spoke once more.

“Me and my husband met that man by chance. It’s hard for me to believe that he might lose against Meng.” Grace spoke once more.

“Arthur told me that Richie needs to master Peals of Thunder. Otherwise, we would all die in this battle.” Lynd casually answered.

“Then… then why are you so calm?”

“Zeek already went to the trouble of fixing it. It should be fine.” Lynd smiled.

Even Alean could not help but smirk at Lynd’s confident answer.

Far far away from the Pangean military base where Lynd was, a thin man with a bandaged leg silently sat at the church seats. The service had already ended and the Pastor was met with a group of people who would thank the Pastor for the sermon.

The thin man calmly waited for the Pastor to finish his greetings and started to retreat out the back.

The thin man then moved. His steps weren’t fast. But it was clear that his wounds were no longer an issue.

The thin man traveled through the backstage of the large churches pulpit and then reached the outside of the building. A pathway led towards the home of this Pastor. People would come and go as they pleased so seeing this thin, bandaged man didn’t alarm the residents of the house.

“I’m here to see the Pastor.” The thin man asked a young boy who was just exiting the house.

“Oh. Follow this pathway and turn right to a little house. That’s my dad’s office.” The young man answered respectfully.

“Thanks!” The thin man answered and went towards the small house.

The thin man didn’t even knock but simply opened the door.

The Pastor gave a curious look at the man but kept silent.

The thin man walked and sat on the chair. His posture was neither arrogant or respectful but had a casual aura.

“Hope you don’t mind. I’m Richie.” Richie smiled at the Pastor.

“Calvin Luther Eagle. You can call me Cal.” The Pastor smiled respectfully.

“I was hoping you wouldn’t visit me. I’m curious why you did though.” Eagle spoke as he stood up and went for the refrigerator.

“I don’t drink but feel free to do so.” Eagle then tossed a bottle of beer towards Richie.

“Oh my, Pastor. If you don’t drink then why did you have a bottle of beer in your fridge.”

“Obviously I noticed you and asked my wife to buy some for you guys.” Eagle shrugged and sat down.

“Now to what do I owe the pleasure?” Eagle then gave a slightly serious stare.

“This.” It was a simple word, but the glasses around the house started to shake. Any more and it would have broken.

“Impressive.” Eagle nodded.

“If it is, then why aren’t you affected by it?”

“Slightly weak. I’ve seen and experienced worse.” Eagle gave an honest reply. He was not arrogant in his bearing but someone who looked like he was ashamed of what he just said.

“I see… It looks like that little kid Seeker was right… Now on to business…” Richie then leaned forward. His eyes stared deep into the mysterious entity before him.

Will soon be posting two more stories which I am currently working on. So I made a Facebook page ahead. Please follow it!

https://www.facebook.com/Rapture-Tales-322016558568897/

Next chapter on Tuesday!

Purchase the entire volume 2 for $4.99! (Chapters 56-114)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RL1BM3C

or

https://www.kobo.com/ph/en/ebook/new-game-volume-2

Please rate Volume 1 on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JM6B88N

11