Chapter 46—Awkward Co-habitation (part 2)
6.5k 9 137
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 46—Awkward Co-habitation (part 2)

by Bocchan13

Song Yu was weak.

Too freaking weak. He wanted to slap Lan Zhou away, but he always knew where to press, where to touch to make him jello.

By the time they left the shower, the sun had gone down. Song Yu had to be carried out of there, whilst Lan Zhou didn’t even bother pretending his leg wasn’t better and carried him effortlessly into the bedroom. He dried Song Yu’s hair and wiped him down gently.

Taking a brush, he combed his hair until it was fluffy. Song Yu wanted to curse at him, but he was just too dang tired.

There was a slight knock on the door and Wang Cheng’s muffled voice came through.

“You guys? Squinty brought back a movie for us. Are you guys gonna watch?”

Lan Zhou poked his nose and responded back

“Yeah, Song Yu is just a bit tired.”

Song Yu slapped his arm and dragged his tired body out.

“I’m coming.”

They made their way down and entered the living room. Yu Ci had brought in bean bag chairs from the recreation center and plopped them on the floor. There was an abundance of snacks that Song Yu had forgotten he had. It must have been Squinty who took them out.

Song Yu sat on the sofa, Lan Zhou on his right and Yu Ci on his left, whilst Lu Jingxiu and Xiao Zi took a beanbag. Wang Cheng had another one to himself. Song Yu saw Squinty give Wang Cheng the DVD, and plop next to him.

Traitor.

Song Yu had come to like this sort of environment. Which wasn’t good for him. They were going to leave tomorrow like Lan Zhou promised. He had to think of that. They’re won’t be any more of this play-pretend.

The opening credits came on: A Dog’s Purpose.

Song Yu slapped his forehead, looking at the fiercely excited Squinty.

By the end of the movie, everyone (literally everyone including Song Yu) had shed tears. At first, it was the usual ‘awwww’ and sniffles, then Wang Cheng decided to hide his crying by hugging Squinty. That got Yu Ci to try to hide his tears by looking away from everyone and putting a pillow between them.

Lu Jingxiu cried next when the dog closed his eyes during the narration, which led to the domino effect of Xiao Zi, Lan Zhou and Song Yu to cry silently.

“WAAAAHHHHH! Squinty, don’t die!!”

Wang Cheng and Yu Ci were hugging Squinty, their blurry tears streaking across his brown fur. Song Yu hurriedly wiped his tears away.

“It wasn’t that sad.”

Lan Zhou who also had red eyes, sniffled lightly.

“Yeah. Not sad at all.”

Lu Jingxiu was holding Xiao Zi tightly.

“If we become dogs in our next life, let’s find Song Yu to be our owner.”

“Mmh!” Xiao Zi nodded in ascent.

Everyone subconsciously avoided each other’s eyes as they prepared for dinner. Song Yu took Squinty down to the cellar and brought out ingredients for a festive meal. Sweet and sour pork, tofu, vegetables and spices enough to make 8 servings. He also took out an expensive white wine and cans of beer.

This was going to be their last night here. The gang was a little glum, but helped in making the dinner. When Song Yu pulled out the wine and beer, everyone cheered.

They ate a lovely dinner, Yu Ci eating an extra helping.

“I’m never gonna be able to eat like this again, so I wanna savor each bite.” Song Yu was feeling guilty and kept pushing more food on them.

When dinner ended, they washed up and Song Yu took them to the recreation room. Wang Cheng’s eyes grew out of his head, mouth agape and drool pooling out.

“This—this is….this is—“ Yu Ci caught Wang Cheng as he faux fainted.

Song Yu blushed, “This is the recreation room. I—I mean the owner really liked games and stuff cause he didn’t want to be too bored. We also got a karaoke room.”

He gestured to all of the games,

“You guys are free to try everything.”

“All right!” Wang Cheng and Yu Ci went immediately to the VR set, handling a baton. Yu Ci knew some of the games and started a dance one. Xiao Zi was interested in the old timey pinball machine whilst Lu Jingxiu saw the Temple run and rushed over.

Song Yu saw these late 20’s guys enjoy their fun, a blooming ball of warmth filling his heart. Whenever he was in the recreation center, he always missed having a partner to play with. Although most of these games were single player, the air hockey and basketball hoop needed another person.

Lan Zhou stood next to him, his eyes alight with gratitude. He turned to Song Yu, full of happiness.

“Thank you Song Yu. Even if we don’t stay tomorrow, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.” Song Yu blankly looked up at Lan Zhou.

“I know it was hard for you to let us in. I don’t know what you’ve gone through, what hardships you faced, but throughout everything, you still let us in with open arms. I don’t know how I will every repay you,”

Lan Zhou gestured to his friends.

“This is the first time in a long time…that I’ve seen them this happy. I forgot what it felt like to be relaxed and content.” Lan Zhou dropped his head and kissed Song Yu’s forehead.

“Thank you.”

Song Yu felt sourness in his nose. Lan Zhou…was just too kind. He was reborn back to the beginning. Shouldn’t he be wary of him? Lan Zhou knew more than anyone else that trust was a commodity no one could buy. And yet, Lan Zhou has opened his arms and his heart to him again and again. Even if he was manipulating him…this feeling of thankfulness was true.

Lan Zhou was breaking down his walls faster than he can build them. Lan Zhou hugged him tightly, letting no one see the tears trickle down his face. Song Yu sniffed lightly, the emotions coming over him.

Could he ever let this man go?

“Lovebirds! We are starting!” Wang Cheng hollered at the two, his arms holding a few cans of beer. Song Yu wiped his tears away and let Lan Zhou lead him to the rest. The air hockey table now housed many cans of beer and the expensive wine bottle. Six wine glasses were perched delicately on the side, ready to serve.

Yu Ci looked at Song Yu’s reddened face and gave a small glare at Lan Zhou.

“Why is he crying?”

Lan Zhou wrinkled his brows, before saying, “Tears of happiness.”

Yu Ci pursed his lips and no longer spoke; his eyes downcast. Lan Zhou felt this awkward pressure and put it on his to-do list later.

“Song Yu, as the host, please do the honors.” Xiao Zi had found the cork screwer and handed it to Song Yu.

“I don’t…know how to do this.” Song Yu gave the cork screw to Lan Zhou.

“Please do it.” Lan Zhou happily did it. Before it opened completely, Lan Zhou handed it back.

“Hold right here and it will pop right off.” Song Yu hesitantly took it, his entire body fizzing with happiness. A genuine smile lit up his face. With a pop and a flurry, the wine was generously poured into 6 wine glasses.

“A toast to Song Yu. Thank you for everything!”

“Thank you for everything!”

Everyone cheered and drank happily, Song Yu looking the happiest. Another lone tear slipped from his eyes and he wiped it away. Laughing merrily, the night wore on as they played like little children in this beautiful home. 

Lan Zhou once again picked Song Yu up and carried him to his room. Song Yu had drunk quite a bit, so his face was bright red, and his eyes were misty. Song Yu mumbled incoherently, smacking his lips. Lan Zhou helped wash him and put him in his pajamas.

Song Yu was drunk, but not as drunk as he appeared. He was craving this intimacy, so let Lan Zhou take care of him. He wanted this feeling of being pampered and loved. When Lan Zhou left to wash up, Song Yu carefully got up and looked at himself in the mirror.

He was 24 and vibrant, his dark black eyes with hints of blue, his ivory skin glowing in the moonlight, his hair slightly long tingling his neck. The memory of what he looked like before resurfaced. Gaunt, pasty white, unkept hair and permanent dark circles. This image was slowly going away.

Hearing the click of the door opening, he turned to Lan Zhou.

“You’re awake? It’s chilly, why didn’t you wear slippers?” Lan Zhou led Song Yu back to the bed. Song Yu silently stared at Lan Zhou.

They weren’t going to see each other ever again.

Song Yu trembled. Lan Zhou misconstrued it as him being cold and tucked him into the blanket. Song Yu clutched onto Lan Zhou, his head burrowing in his neck. Inhaling his scent, his warmth, everything.

“Lan Zhou…”

“Hmm?”

“Make love to me.”

Lan Zhou carefully tucked a strand of hair from Song Yu, his eyes softening so much with love. A kiss. An embrace.

That night, their lovemaking was soft, gentle and slow. They grabbed onto to each other so tight, they were like one being. One heart. Song Yu cried out his name over and over again until his voice was hoarse. When everything was over, Song Yu slumped in his embrace and let his dreams take over.

Lan Zhou wiped him down and let him rest. Opening the drawer, he rummaged a little bit before he found what he was looking for.  A small box the size of a phone was inside. Opening it, he saw his spirit stone, its blue shine glowing brightly.

He took it into his palm, warming it with his body heat. A slow trickle of energy invaded the marble. 20 minutes later, there was a distinct difference. Inside the marble were traces of galaxy purple, pinks, blues and hues of red. It was smooth and round, its beauty unparalleled.

Lan Zhou had wanted to create an even more beautiful marble for Song Yu, but didn’t have the time. This would suffice for now.

He put the marble back into the box, but paused. Folded neatly inside, Lan Zhou opened it to see a picture of the two of them. In the club where they met, the two of them side by side. What seemed like ages ago was now prevalent in Lan Zhou’s mind.

Lan Zhou silently put the photo and spirit stone back, and then held Song Yu. He hoped that this wouldn’t be the last time he could hold this man in his arms.

 

Not lying, that it took me a long time to write this chapter and the next few because of how much I've come to love my own characters and hate how I put them through so much hahahaha. Don't fret, readers. They will get their HE.

137