Chapter 72—Inventory
2.5k 1 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
This chapter was sponsored by the lovely supporter on Patreon: Phala Mansa. Thank you for your generous donation!

Chapter 71—Inventory

by Bocchan13

Because of too much fucking, Song Yu was unable to leave his bed. But that was fine since it seems like Xiao Zi couldn’t leave his bed either. Rubbing his tired waist the next day, Song Yu looked outside the window.

It had been almost 3 months since Lan Zhou and his group came to the base. It had been mid-summer then, and they were now reaching fall. It was going to be harvest season for grains soon, and would need to thresh the fields. Song Yu quickly dragged his body downstairs to the kitchen. There was already Wu Ding and Yu Ci inside.

Wu Ding was watching intently as Yu Ci cooked some bacon and eggs. His mouth was watering at the sight. He reached out to get one that was already fried. A quick tap on his hand averted his action.

“You’ll get yours soon. Be patient.”

“Mmm!” Wu Ding casually leaned on Yu Ci’s shoulder creating a comical appearance since Yu Ci was half a head taller. Wu Ding was no spring chicken either. Under his newly gotten cotton shirt, you could see evidence of hard living; tight and lean muscles, little to no fat, and a sparkly tan. Before, Wu Ding was clearly a playboy but now sported a more dangerous vibe.

Song Yu watched the duo and felt something strange about them. Wu Ding saw Song Yu in his peripherals and waved at him. The scruffy man was no more. Clean shaven, hair trimmed, and eye bags gone, he resembled the sweet-talking bartender more and more.

“You FINALLY came down. I swear, you and your hubby are too much! Xiao Zi and Lu Jingxiu too! They never left their room. Yesterday, I wanted a tour of the place but everyone except Yu Ci were gone!

Song Yu frowned, “Gone? Where’s Wang Cheng?”

Yu Ci flipped an egg and nodded, “He’s just in the garden out back. He’s kinda down, so I left him to ruminate a bit.” Yu Ci hesitated a bit,

“I think not having that plant is causing him to be depressed. You don’t know, but Wang Cheng was diagnosed with ADHD when he was a teen. It caused a huge rift in his family who didn’t believe in mental health. He did talk about his pet rose from time to time back then. He even showed it to me in the past…I didn’t connect the dots that the mole eating plant demon was the cute rose Wang Cheng held onto.”

Song Yu felt a dark presence beaming down on him. That presence covered his heart and gave birth to the name: Guilt.

“I didn’t know that. I should apologize to Wang Cheng. I…I still can’t let it in just yet. But maybe, when I get to know it better, it can live with Wang Cheng.”

“Really?”

Song Yu, Yu Ci and Wu Ding turned around and were face to face with Wang Cheng. That sunny smile looked tinted with sorrow, but held a glimpse of hope. In his hands was a small bouquet of wildflowers. Wang Cheng stretched out his arm, giving the bouquet to Song Yu.

“I-I wanted to apologize for not telling you about Rose. I was worried that you wanted to kill it, so I kept him a secret even from the rest of the guys…Rose has been with me since the very beginning, so I felt really sad. That doesn’t excuse my behavior though. I did bring harm to you guys.”

Song Yu accepted the bouquet and patted Wang Cheng on the shoulder, “And I should apologize to you too. I don’t want to be hypocritical, since I have sentient animals of my own. It’s just that I didn’t trust the plant, not realizing that it meant so much to you.”

“I’m sorry.”

Song Yu smiled, “When you go to see it, bring me along. I want to get to know it better too.” Wang Cheng visibly brightened, his eyes flashing with happiness.

“We can go in a few days! Once I finish the chores, we can see it in the afternoon!” Song Yu laughed and nodded his head. “Of course!”

Wang Cheng happily skipped into the kitchen and stole a piece of bacon. Yu Ci threw a wooden spoon from the kitchen supplies,

“It’s not ready yet!”

Wang Cheng stuck out his tongue and ate the bacon in two bites. Wu Ding seeing this behavior also tried to sneakily take a piece.

“Don’t even think about it!” Wu Ding withdrew his hand, looking at the delicious food in sorrow.

Xiao Zi and Lu Jingxiu eventually came down from their room, Xiao Zi looking worse for wear with eye bags and a slight limp. Song Yu could empathize with him and could only give him an extra helping of bacon.

Lan Zhou came in from outside, his working gloves full of mud and a bag filled with weeds.

“I got a head start, so it won’t be too difficult in the afternoon.” Lan Zhou pecked Song Yu’s lips and hurried to wash up before coming down for breakfast.

After everyone finished cleaning up, they all headed to the gym to see their haul from N City. Song Yu and Wang Cheng were the only ones that knew the extent of their gains, but the rest were surprised at the extreme amount of things piled in small hills.

“All right everyone, we have to categorize everything and put them in inventory. Our major concern was clothing, but…” Song Yu glanced at the massive pile, “I think we did a good job. Let’s separate things in the category of clothes, perishables, non-perishables, furniture, electronics, for work, and for fun.

Items for fun can be divided between us, and we can exchange what we want. If you were the one that found it in N City, you have first dibs.”

Everyone got to work. Song Yu was the most adept at clothing, since he could sew. But he also wanted to look at the furniture and electronics, just to see if he was able to find missing parts and fix them.

Beginning at the clothing, he separated into fabrics, accessories, shirts, pants, etc; He also took into account  the different sizes. There were some that were too small for everyone and some that would fit several of them just right. This could be divided between them.

Song Yu watched as everyone worked diligently. On the first day in N City, Xiao Zi and Lu Jingxiu had stumbled on a large clinic. Although the medicine was expired, there were still unopened packs of vials, needles, and even a microscope with several boxes of glass slides. There was also a blood pressure machine and even a few stethoscopes.

Lu Jingxiu had found an unused washing machine still in the box, and was sorting through some other machinery in addition to a few swivel chairs and three computer monitors with matching boxes.

Wu Ding, Wang Cheng, and Yu Ci had found a department store and shopping mall. There were a lot of looted things and they even encountered a few straggler zombies. The great thing was that each floor was already categorized. Things like beds, cars, clothes, perishables had already been stripped clean by previous people, but things like glass, bikes, TV’s and cement were found in hard to look areas.

When people panicked, the first thing they went to were major essentials like weapons, armour and food. Things like bicycles that were little to no help when outrunning a level 3 zombie, were discarded. But to them, using them as recreational exercise was a good thing.

There were also gym equipment and extra mats laying around, so they all went into Wang Cheng’s space. It took them most of the day to settle everything and put them in their proper place. Song Yu and Xiao Zi decided to keep the seeds in the storage unit at the clinic rather than the villa. This way, they both could experiment on variant species of foods. Biochemistry and agriculture mixed together to create delicious food!

This also gave them time to make a vaccine using Song Yu’s pure ability.

Song Yu had still not told Lan Zhou and the rest. Not about anything in his past, nor the reasons he left 2 ½ years ago. Song Yu promised himself that he would tell Lan Zhou everything.

 

 

 

44