Quest 44: Meet A Monarch
43 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“King Carlos John-Cayden Macron Diem Del Dios and Queen Gwen Emilia-Eve Madeline Nox Del Dios have heard of your brave acts and wished to meet with you brave heroes. On behalf of the Kingdom of Diosevich, they thank you for your actions.” Announcer Drew said. He could hardly contain his excitement. He was in the presence of his king and queen. He was introducing them and giving their prepared speech. Truly, it was his greatest achievement. Drew looked to the others to see if they had similar expressions.

“The illustrious and divine Lady Seline Yvette Crescent-Moon of the Nelendian Theocracy also wishes to express her gratitude,” Announcer Hugh said. Both Hugh and Seline were elves. They were lean and tall. Their luxurious clothing was made from the finest fibers that grew from a plant only found within the theocracy. An air of dignity surrounded them, even more than typical nobles. Their magical powers were also hard to ignore. Unlike Drew, Hugh was both an announcer and bodyguard. He wasn’t giddy at the sight of this encounter because they happened often for him.

“Emperor Crach Von Hjaamin of the Haqsian Empire also desired to meet you warriors,” Announcer Shoo said. He and his lord were both dragonborns. The emperor had scales that shined a brilliant gold. His chief warrior and current announcer, Shoo, had alluring silver scales. The former’s element was fire, and the latter inherited frost. They both wore loose armor that had enchanted runes to protect them from the elements they were weak to. This sort of attire wasn't standard for nobility, but the Haqsian Empire was a nation led by warriors. The strongest from each clan was their representative, and the best of them all was the emperor.

“On behalf of The Unnamed Team, I humbly thank you for requesting our presence. It is an honor to meet you all.” Xander said. He was chosen to speak for the team during the opening ceremony. It was either him, a pathological liar, or two idiots that just wasted all of the team’s money. Xander took his temporary role in stride. He spoke carefully. His eyes didn’t dare to lift off of the polished granite floors. His head remained tilted down. Everything was done to show his utmost respect. All he could see from his kneeling position were the first few steps that led to the throne.

“We, The Heroes of The Voice, thank you as well. We appreciate the hospitality you’ve once again shown us.” Brandon said. He and his team were also present. Paladin Rose and Huntsman Damian were among the kneeling heroes as well. Even Gerhki and Peter Knight somehow managed to enter this place. They all introduced themselves as individuals and proceeded with proper thanks. This was mostly ignored by The Unnamed Team that clung to Brandon’s statement.

“Once again?” They thought. They tried their best to conceal their confusion, but it was difficult. Questions bombarded them relentlessly. Not only was Genesis noticeably kinder to them, but they’ve also met with the king and queen of this nation. From the sound of it, they were somewhat familiar with each other. Why was that? It was The Unnamed Team that performed quest after quest, yet they got no such recognition. The four quietly griped as one of the monarchs spoke.

“I wasn’t aware that one of our kin was involved. Tell me, young warrior. What clan do you represent? I wish to honor them and seek other champions such as yourself.” Emperor Crach said. His voice was deep and compelled others to listen. Lady Seline clicked her teeth, but no one minded. They were all equally interested in James’s origin. Dragonborns were known for staying within their clan. Travelers who left to seek knowledge or experience did exist, but they still carried an emblem to show their allegiance to their home. The Haqsian Empire valued strength and feats above all else, so it wasn’t surprising to hear Crach’s interest.

“Well…I…” James said. The blue dragonborn seemed calm and collected, but his thoughts were frantic. He’d never met another dragonborn before today. As a participant of the Genesis Program, James simply woke up in this world as a different race. He knew about the empire but never visited. All he knew was that they were brave warriors who were confident in their abilities and boasted about their clan’s strength. James knew he couldn’t waste time. He needed to craft a believable story, but questions halted each idea. What if Crach knew of all clans within his empire? Then, any lie would be immediately revealed. Anxiety built as James mentally went through each scenario.

“With all due respect, Emperor Crach Von Hjaamin, James does not wish to expose his true identity. Sins still roam this world. Exposing his true self could result in the annihilation of his clan. It's the reason he uses a foreign name and weapon.” Nicholas said. He was also unfamiliar with dragonborn culture, but he knew how to lie well. The two dragonborn next to the throne had unusual names and carried curved weapons. It wasn’t surprising to see how James, who carried a straight long sword, stood out from the rest of his kind. He gave a quiet thumbs up to his blue friend before returning his attention to the king that had a critical question.

“Did you…” King Carlos started to say. He took a moment to pause as if he were in disbelief. The other rulers wore similar grim expressions. Someone should have taught these adventures proper etiquette. It was difficult to blame them for their wrongdoing. Only nobility knew every fine detail that one must take into account when addressing a monarch. Still, this sort of mistake should have been common knowledge to avoid. The king took a deep breath before asking his question, “Did you just lie in our presence?”

“NOTICE. SKILL [MASTER LIAR] DOES NOT WORK AGAINST THE CLASSES [KING], [QUEEN], [EMPEROR], AND [DIVINE].”

3