Chapter 7: Forrest faeries
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

haven't uploaded in a while, I'm currently working on a murder mystery comic (with subpar drawing skills) and that in combination with me wanting to work one chapter ahead of schedule it took me a while to be able to upload this chapter.

this chapter is also a bit on the longer side but the next chapter is a bit shorter so i guess it compensates a bit :)

hope you enjoy the chapter! :)

Chapter 7

Levin Wenger,

A man in eternal search for the abnormal.

Since the moment he was born, Levin felled that something was missing in his life, the Supernatural.

This Immense desire for the supernatural made the man called Levin be on a seemingly endless journey for his missing piece with him eventually coming to find the creatures called faeries,

He made friends with the faeries and learned a lot from them but those happy days with the faeries didn’t last forever..

After a few years with the faeries something funny happened, the things he once experienced as abnormal became normal, the faeries he once perceived as out of this world were now just a common part of his life,

In other words he became bored of the faeries.

As the existence of faeries became normal he began searching for the abnormal again and in that search he became aware of the presence of witches,

He met a special witch in the city called Bern and eventually started living with her, fell in love with her and in the end just like with the faeries lost interest in her.

And just like that Levin Wenger was at zero again.

‘’I see’’

Are the only words I can say to Levin as he tells me his story,

It feels like he’s cursed, forever trying to search for something new.

It almost feels like he’s..

‘’addicted to the abnormal’’ I tell Levin

He looks at me for a second

He smiles for a bit ‘’yep, I guess that’s what you could call it.’’

But it feels like there’s one fatal flaw in that way of living…

‘’What if you find something so out of this world that nothing could compare.’’

‘’haha’’ ‘’I guess that would be the end of my life’’ Levin says while giving me a small smile and swiping his hand across his neck.

End his life..

Wouldn’t that make him an existence born only to suffer in the end?

If he continues to search and find the small scale supernatural, he’ll continue to love and abandon that love until the day he dies,

He’ll continue to unconditionally follow his nature and make everything supernatural he comes in contact with suffer.

But if he one days finds something so abnormal that nothing in the world could compare, if even something so supernatural would become natural for him, that would be the day his life would be over, a mind that endlessly demands the abnormal could not survive if all and everything would be normal…

As what you once will observe as abnormal will no matter how you twist it eventually be normal.

while I think about the sad existence that is Levin I get a slap on my back

‘’You don’t have to worry about me, you have your own problems to worry about don’t you?’’

He’s right

‘’anyway I’m not just telling this story because I enjoy explaining my past to people’’ ‘’something very interesting happened in Bern.’’

‘’and that’s why you laughed so creepily?’’

‘’yep’’

‘’a frost king appeared’’ ‘’or rather THE frost king appeared’’

Frost king?

Like the king of the frost giants?

Didn’t I just yesterday get a hour long talk about how something like that appearing is impossible?

‘’I get the feeling that there are a lot of flaws in the worlds system..’’

‘’well this isn’t something that normally happens, even the appearance of a normal frost giant would have been a one in a million chance’’

‘’so how did it happen?’’

‘’it’s a bit complicated but it will take some time to reach all those faeries so I guess we have some time.’’           

‘’ let me begin by  explaining two things.’’

‘’first of all humans and the supernatural, humans reject the idea of the supernatural, if they see something supernatural happening in front of them their brain will do everything to deny what happened, the supernatural has to directly affect them for them to acknowledge it.’’

‘’and secondly, the sudden appearance of the supernatural, sometimes when a lot of people start believing in a mythological creature there is a possibility for that creature to be transferred over to our world but that possibility is really really really low, so low that it has only happened once before and that was with a leprechaun, the chances of a frost king appearing would be about one in a billion’’

So when a lot of people start believing a phenomenon there is small change for it to appear in our world

Ah I see what happens..

‘’so when a lot of people start to accept the supernatural as part of their normal life it can appear in this world?’’

Levin gives a thumb and says ‘’yes, that’s how we think it happens’’     ‘’and that’s how we think it happened in Bern, a few months ago an avalanche happened in the alps and a tiny tiny amount of people started thinking even for a moment ‘maybe it was a frost giant’ and that’s how it happened, that tiny thought made the swiss summer into a winter.’’

So the frost giant is responsible for the cold summer in Switzerland, if he is capable of something like that it would be a pretty formidable creature and he has to fight that?

‘’and that’s why they called you?’’

‘’yep, people from all over Switzerland have been called to Bern to try and stop the frost king.’’

‘’…’’

‘’…’’

It’s silent for a bit, it looks like Levin is thinking and as I’m about to ask him a question he speaks up

‘’Sooo..’’ ‘’wanna come to Bern with me?’’

Come to Bern with him?

That means I have to go a back the way I came from…

Do I have the time for that?

‘’you’re thinking about if it’s worth it?’’    ‘’then let me ask a question’’

‘’how do you travel?’’

Ah I see where he’s going,

for the last two weeks I’ve been walking on foot traveling towards Rome, I’m too young to travel with a car and I can’t risk going with public transportation.

‘’you can bring me to Rome if I help you in Bern?’’

‘’yep I came with a car so If you can help me in Bern I’ll give you a ride to Rome’’

‘’Sounds like a good deal right?’’

As Levin tries to offer me the deal “Just think about it for a few minu-‘’ A tree started to form around him

Levin looks around for a second but doesn’t look surprised,

He doesn’t even move an inch.

Should I help him?

But before I could do a thing he says ‘’Don’t’’ ‘’it will only make them more annoying’’

The tree starts to grow around Levin and it starts taking the form of a prison.

Right as the tree prison takes form a group of ladies all as mystical as the faery called Yara start running up to him calling his name with a happy face.

‘’Levin!’’

‘’Levin!’’

‘’Levin!’’

‘’Levin!’’

‘’Levin!’’

‘’Levin!’’

‘’Levin!’’

‘’Levin!’’

In a split second Levin is surrounded by a group of woman expressing their love as if they haven’t seen him in years.

It feels like the faeries all love him..

Well it obvious when you think about it

Humans can’t recognise faeries for what they are as they reject the supernatural

so after a thousand years even if it’s an slightly annoying kid, if that kid is able to see and recognise you, you would create an affection towards that kid.

But that affection is more so a curse than a blessing for the faeries as Levin is the one person who one should never fall for..

However it looks like the faeries don’t care about the curse as For the next 30 minutes the faeries continue to show Levin his affection and Levin continues to ignore that affection just like with Yara..

 and just like last time with Yara jealousy start to slowly creep up within my body…

But I guess those 30 minutes were enough for Levin because right after that he walked past all the faeries opened the prison with a little bit of his citri and dragged me with him out of the forest.

Some faeries followed after him as those 30 minutes were obviously not enough for them

One says ‘’Come on Levin just stay for a few more minutes’’

‘’nope’’

The other says ‘’why don’t you come and eat with us today?’’

‘’maybe another time’’

And as the faeries continue to follow us a line of trees start to sprout from the forest path

‘’that should keep them away’’

‘’can’t they just fly over it?’’

‘’it’s more so a message to leave me alone and to wait another two months’’

‘’I see that’s why they were so happy, you rarely see them..’’

‘’I told you didn’t I?’’    ‘’I got bored of them, the only reason I come and see them every now then is because the last time I was gone for a while they came all the way to Bern and I don’t want them to be found out by anyone else.’’ 

‘’why wouldn’t you?’’           ‘’wouldn’t that solve your problem?’’     

 ‘’they get to talk to other people and as a result they don’t ‘bother’ you anymore’’

‘’it’s because we aren’t allowed to’’ a familiar voice says to me before Levin can answer

It’s Yara standing next to Levin

Did she fly over the trees?

‘’we faeries live in secrecy from humans and witches’’

Levin Pinches Yara’s cheek and says with a annoyed smile ‘’and that’s why you shouldn’t just barge into someone’s house without knowing who is visiting!’’

‘’how am I supposed to know you have visitors over!?’’

Levin gives her a bit of a annoyed expression ‘’because I always have!’’

Yara looks a bit displeased as if she knows that Levin will just keep scolding her

She gives him a sad face with small tear coming from her eye ‘’it’s not my fault that you have such weird hobbies!’’

But there was something wrong with that expression, it almost seemed fake..

Levin sighs with a face saying ‘I have to do this again huh?’

And says with a annoyed tone in his voice ‘’Yara, I’m sorry I offended the super cool and beautiful you.’’

The moment Levin says this Yara gives him a big hug and says with a big smile ‘’See!’’ ‘’you do like me!’’

While their conversation was going on a question started to pop up in my head,

Why aren’t faeries allowed to meet people who can see them?

‘’sooo’’ ‘’why can’t faeries meet with people from WO?’’

‘’good question!’’ Levin says as he pushes Yara away

But before he can answer the question Yara interrupts him and says ‘’Levin!’’ ‘’You can’t just tell him everything!’’

‘’he already know about faeries, it doesn’t really matter if he gets to know about those seeds and besides it’s not like he has anyone to tell it to’’

‘’seeds?’’ I ask Levin with a confused face

‘’yep, collecting and protecting seeds is one of the primary goals of the faeries’’  ‘’but obviously not just normal seeds, they’re seeds which originate from trees or plant life in general with a mystical origin.’’

‘’let me guess, another fault in the worlds system?’’

Levin gives me a smile ‘’yep’’ ‘’you’re really good at guessing huh?’’

‘’but it’s not really a error it’s more so a loophole, the seeds aren’t per se magical, the plant life which grow from the seeds are magical, the seeds are the zero point until it’s starts to grow, it’s than that we can call it mystical.’’

Suddenly Yara speaks up with a proud voice ‘’and that’s why we faeries have been tasked to prevent any of those seeds to grow, by searching for them around the world and then storing them.’’

‘’but why would that prevent the faeries from talking with other people?’’

Levin laughs for a bit ‘’haha’’ ‘’it looks like there is something that you don’t understand about humans’’

‘’we’re vile creatures who are capable of anything and we are most certainly greedy and violent’’  

‘’so imagine if one day we humans would discover magical trees with which we can harm other people, do you think we’re going to just let it lay around collecting dust?’’

Ah so they don’t converse with humans because of the potential dangers that could lead to..

Faeries really are cursed…

Never being able to talk to any human or witch,

The only human who you’ve talked to in years falls out of love with you in a matter of years,

And now they have to potentially wait another eternity to have the chance of talking with another human.

 

 

 

Let’s pray that that time will come soon for them..

 

Hope you enjoyed it!

0