Chapter 49: Adelle Fabien
11.9k 7 246
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Welcome to Seeker’s guild, Claude!”

Sora welcomed me upon entering the guild, crowded by people wearing some obnoxious outfits. Now that I think about it, I’m the only one wearing this kind of clothing out of all of them. I feel out of place.

First and foremost, I thought the guild would be some kind of tavern, but this place feels like an agency more than anything. The majority of the people in here are dressed neatly, which is unexpected; but there were still some wearing what I expected. I completely forgot to take into account that there are rich and poor guilds.

A Guild should be like a second home for adventurers because every guild members are your family. That’s my portrayal of what a Guild is, but from observing my surroundings; people here are selfish and reeks of greed. That’s the vibe I’m getting around me or the atmosphere of the guild.

It feels disgusting.

It reeks in here.

Upon entering, Sora looks at me. “You’re here for registration right?”

“Ah, yeah.”

“You can just go in the receptionist and she will lead you. Well then, we shall see you later. We need to go pick a quest.” Sora waved her hand at me while taking Stephanie and her schoolmates away.

“Wait a minute, he will not join us?” Stephanie interjected.

“He can’t. It’s the guild policy towards students like you.”

“Oh...” Stephanie lowered her gaze in disappointment.

“We can still see each other here,” I said and kissed her right in the lips in front of everyone. 

Stephanie said nothing with a flustered face and holding herself not to smile in front of everyone, but failed miserably to do so. So she followed Sora with her head cast down, hiding it. Honestly, I don’t even know why there’s such a policy for that. Was it to protect the students? During that, I glanced toward the red-hair twin guy when he saw me looking at him with a smug face; he averted his gaze, ignoring me instead of confronting me.

"Pussy."

Heading toward the receptionist, to inquire about registration.

“Good afternoon, I’m Bella, the receptionist. How may I help you, good sir? Are you here for guild request?”

“Good afternoon, um, no. I’m here for the registration. May I ask the process of registration?”

The receptionist was a demi-human like a sheep girl earlier. Observing the guild adventurers in here, a lot of mixed races. One that attracted my attention was the female demi-human adventurers in here. They’re all cute!

Even the receptionist in front of me looks so cute, plus her professional demeanor making her cuter. She’s a centaur; half-human and half-horse; wearing glasses, brown curly hair, and heavy jugs that could probably feed around 10 babies.

“Oh! registration? Guild member registration?”

“Yes.”

“Sir, are you a noble?”

“Hahaha, no way, no way. I’m not.”

“I understand, I shall give you a form for your information.”

The dubious look on her face says a lot about my current outfit. She even inspects me from top to bottom to see if I’m not really a nobleman. There are only a few people from the aristocracy who join the adventure guild.

While waiting for the receptionist, there’s a woman who has been staring at me since the beginning. She’s a human with a witch or mage outfit—A milf. It caught my attention, so I stare back and smiles at her. She also waves back with a smile.

The receptionist came back holding a magic orb and a piece of paper.

“Please, sign the form before we proceed on mana assessment."

“Thank you.”

After she hands me the pen, I proceed to write all that I need to fill, then handing it to the receptionist. Later, I finish all of it and gave it to her. Upon receiving it, her eyes widen.

“Claude Weiss?”

“Ah, yes. I’m the disciple of Irene Weiss.” ‘ I forgot. I should’ve told her that from the beginning.’

“My apologies. I shall call the guild master.”

“Oh. Thank you.”

The receptionist then left. I went to a nearby seat to wait for her. It shouldn’t take a long time. While waiting, the mage woman who was eyeing me went to me, sitting beside me. She’s clearly trying to seduce me. She must’ve thought that I’m a noble because when she got closer to me. Her entire body reeks in smell. That’s what my instincts are saying to me.

“Hello~ Are you new here?”

She leans her head closer to mine. I didn’t get flustered or anything because I’m used to it.

“Sorry, my lady, I’m taken,” I said with a small smile.

“Eh~ How can you reject me without knowing me~?”

I lean my mouth close to her ear. “Look behind you, Mr. boyfriend doesn’t seem to be in a good mood. He got veins popping in his head.”

Behind her, there’s a large bulk man with blue armor and a cape, carrying a greatsword on his back, and at his chest, there’s a badge that signifies his Guild ranking—He’s a gold adventurer. He was staring at me, particularly with an angry-looking face. Also, the woman was embracing my right arms without my consent.

“Who?”

She turns around to see the man.

“Oh him? Hahaha, he’s not. He just looks like that. His appearance can always be misleading because of his face, but he’s not really angry.”

“If you say so. I’m going to go ahead looks like the receptionist is about to come back.”

“Ehh~ Let’s talk more.”

“Sorry.”

[Shifting Point]

I teleport myself in front of the receptionist because, from the looks of it, she will persist and I don’t want to ruin my mood because of that. The other receptionist and adventurers were surprised. I tap my finger on the desk while waiting for Ms. Bella.

After waiting for a while, I finally saw Ms. Bella.

“This way, please.”

I followed her all the way to an elevator. While we’re in the elevator, I’m staring at Ms. Bella because it’s my first time seeing a centaur in my entire life, and they’re bigger than I expected. Also, the muscles on her horse calves are massive. I’m impressed. If I was a normal human and I got kicked by that thing, I would explode into pieces. There’s no doubt about that.

A while later, we ended up in a grandeur room with a bearded man sitting in the middle with his intimidating eyes. Ms. Bella left me all alone with the old man.

“You’re Irene’s boy, right?”

“Boy? Um, if you mean disciple, yes.”

The way he emphasizes the boy made it look like I’m Master Irene’s plaything or something.

“I’m Victor. Claude, am I right?”

“Yes, sir.”

“I don’t really condone favoritism in my establishment, even if they’re my family, but you won’t even pass a simple mana assessment. How about this, I will set a fight with one of my members and the people will judge if you are worthy or not? That will be your test.”

“Won’t people find that suspicious?”

“The one who oversees and creates rules in this guild is me.”

“Fair enough.”

“Your master is one of the few people who became an Adamantine adventurer in our guild. So, how is she nowadays?”

Regardless of his intimidating demeanor, he’s quite a nice person to converse with. He might have this scary appearance outside, but the way he asked me about Master Irene. There’s a hint of gentleness in his tone like a father would say toward their children. I’m familiar with it because that’s how my father back in my world would speak to me.

“Master Irene has been teaching me a lot and is in a great condition, but there were times she would overwork herself. Right now, she’s on a mission appointed by the pope.”

“Good to know. That habit of hers still hasn’t changed. Just how far does she need to reach, until she’s satisfied... Anyhoo, shall we go downstairs? I will pick randomly on the people downstairs. You’re okay with anyone, right? Your master is boasting of your talent in the letter, so shall we put that to test?”

“Uh... I think that’s a bad idea... I’m not that experienced in fighting other people, so... And, I have bad control of holding back. I don't want to kill someone accidentally.”

“You won’t know unless you tried to fight one. Irene picked a coward one.”

“... Provoking me is useless.” 'I can't even tell if it's provocation...'

“It’s not provoking. Everything that I spout out my mouth is my honest thoughts. I assure you, there will be healers on standby and I will stop the fight before anything happens."

Mr. Victor said that with a straight face. Obviously, it threw me off because I can sense that he’s a man of virtues, and it’s making me uncomfortable—He’s an unfathomable person. My first thought about the guild master was that he’s like everyone else in here. He doesn’t have any aroma, unlike the people earlier.

Frankly, I don’t what happened to my nose to become this sensitive. This was right after I killed those orcs from before. Even when I confronted Aldrich, he also reeks.

“Fine, you win.”

“Win? Win on what?"

We went out of his office and went downstairs. Because of his presence, people are making a commotion.

“The guild master? What is he doing here?”

“Who’s the lad beside him?”

Mr. Victor had his hands around his back, standing in the door being the center of attention.

“I have an announcement. The one who’s beside me was the disciple of Irene Weiss, our proud member of the Seeker’s guild; who’s now a Saintess in the Temple.”

Everyone claps their hands.

“Silence!” Mr. Victor shouted.

Everyone fell into silence. At that moment, I’m amazed by what he just did. It looks so cool.

“Who’s willing to challenge him, for his assessment registration? I shall reward the person who will defeat him with 5 golds! I will only pick gold ranking adventurers.”

“Seriously... He should've just given those 5 golds to me... That's a fortune.” I mumbled.

Upon saying that, three people went in front of us. There are more in fact gold adventurers in here like Sora, not only this three. One of them was the person who was staring at me angrily. Taking a closer look at his face, I can’t tell if he’s mad or not.

Next to him, an extremely beautiful female with sleek raven hair, ponytailed in the back, scarlet eyes that can make anyone tremble in fear with just a single glance.

She’s wearing a black cloak and red leggings. At her waist, there’s a katana sword which I can easily distinguish because it’s the sword that came from my country. Observing her, I’m certain that she’s Adelle Fabien; the main heroine of Spirit Infinite.

Obviously, with that sudden realization, I’m baffled and was left in disarray because I don’t know what to do from this point.

Then next to her, there’s a handsome man with curly brown hair and pale brown eyes, wearing a knight’s armor, carrying a shield and a sword at his waist.

“Who do you want to fight, Claude?”

“Eh? I thought you will be the one who will pick?”

“No.”

“Uhm...”

Thinking of whom to pick. I unconsciously point my finger towards Adelle. Because why not, this is once-a-lifetime sparring against her. She’s obviously strong because of her title ‘Sword Princess’. I feel like I will learn a lot from her. That’s what my swordsman intuition is telling me to do.

“Understood, Adelle will be your opponent.” Mr. Victor said.

After he said that, the other adventurers made an uproar inside the guild, yelling and cheering for Adelle. Most of them followed us all the way to the training ground of the guild. Even Stephanie and her gang followed us.

246