Chapter 129: The Expected Came
3.4k 5 61
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lily's eyes were not joking.

"Stop considering the stuff that I would hate."

"There are some teachings of my Father's that I always hate, but he's just wanting to give me what's best for me. That's his duty as my father. Naturally, I would do the same for you."

"And yours is unethical."

"Who cares? That would benefit both of us. You're always under my eyes at every moment of our lives. Isn't that the best? Every second of our lives. And if you're thinking that I'm like that psycho. No, we're different because she's crazy.  While I'm pointing out logical solutions for your own protection. They're two different things, learn the difference, Claude."

'With that logic, you wanted to keep me away from everyone and make me an outcast? So your desire was to keep me for yourself? Moreover, you're attempting to make it sound like it's the best idea you ever had.'  It's the thought that I wanted to say out loud, but I held back for saying it—for unknown reasons.

"Is that so?"

"So do you agree?"

"No." I outrightly said it to her face.

"Tch, someday, I'll make you agree."

"Yeah, that someday of yours won't happen."

"Don't test me." Lily smiled.

Afterward, she lets go of me and the magic around us gradually vanishes into thin air. She kept her smile even when we left the room to meet with the others. I watch her over next to me giggling. I'm trying to read what's going on through her mind because my future was at stake.

Furthermore, I also learned something valuable today. It looks like the elven royal family has hidden knowledge about the astral projection which is supposed to sound obvious to me since they're cut above the rest when it comes to magic. I was hoping for her to explain it to me, but she didn't. Astral projection is high-tier magic as to why Lily prohibited me from talking about it to others. Even Diana herself proclaimed that it's one of the most difficult magic to execute as adversity also comes along with hit.

I briefly looked at Lily and thought to myself whether she also has the capabilities to do it.

"Hey, Lily."

"What?"

"Nothing... It's at the tip of my tongue, but I forgot, so never mind."

Then it crossed my mind if Professor Eukla is familiar with souls—Most likely, she knows a lot of information regarding astral space because it's an aspect of it. Her eyes unveil the hidden mysteries of every creature where the naked eyes can't ever see.

Then the elven race, as they're the most mysterious creatures in this world alongside the dragons. Any creatures with a long life span are considered superior beings in this world. They are far wiser and more knowledgeable than any race. Unlike humans, we essentially pass it down by recording history in a text which can be manipulated, but that also applies to any race to be honest...

Lily and I opened the grand door. What greeted us was the sight of Albert unconscious on the floor and on top of his body was Arya sitting. Both Lily and I look into each other's eyes. We're trying to figure out what happened in here. I scanned the surroundings and saw a few holes in the wall, destroyed furniture, and lastly, broken windows. Adelle and Rinna are sitting on the other side peacefully, while Clara was holding the unconscious Rosalyn on her lap. Stephanie was squeezing the bridge of her nose and leaning her back on the wall.

"What happened here?" I asked myself.

Stephanie walks over to us. "I don't know too."

"Are you okay—"

"Oh, you're here!" Arya shouted.

Processing all the data in front of me, I finally get the picture. Lily was speechless, still comprehending what transpired in here while we were out. "Wait, I thought you are sleeping? And moreover, Arya, we already had this talk. You don't test people by your barbaric methods or by beating them down." I said.

"What? Barbaric? I haven't done such a thing though?"

"Then what happened to Albert under you?"

"I stopped him from being annoying." Arya smiled at us.

"Stopped? Did he cause a ruckus?"

"I don't know what happened, but Albert was just standing then suddenly Arya walked up to him frowning, and then he fell on the floor." Stephanie pulled me in closer and whispered.

"He fell? Like he tripped over something and fell unconscious?"

"No, he literally just fell to the floor like his soul was taken out of his body."

"Really...? Then what happened to the entire room? Holes, broken shards in the floor, and some destroyed chairs and shelves."

"T-That's... From Rosalyn. She retaliated when she got out of Clara's hands and her mana erupted causing this mess..."

"Rosalyn?"

"Yeah."

"What a mess... It's our first meeting, yet they're already at it?" I sighed.

Moreover, Arya doesn't have a trace of guilt on her face. More than anything, she looks proud like she achieved an accomplishment. Then I cast my gaze down to the victim. Albert doesn't seem to be beaten up and was sleeping peacefully on the cold floor—his face says it all. Adding confusion to my head. I don't know what to believe anymore.

"Arya. Care to explain what happened to him?"

"In this world, the things that you shall never commit are to annoy me and which he failed miserably. So, as their leader, I educated him, especially him."

"Serious—"

"Arggh!" Albert lying on the ground grunted.

Arya's unforeseeable nature was the main thing that worries me a lot. She does whatever she wants. She has her own judgment, her own term of what is right and wrong. She's dense when it comes to people around her. She likes to belittle everyone or an arrogant in short. And most importantly, common sense doesn't seem to exist inside her head. Sometimes, she takes logical reasons, but most of the time she acts according to her instinct.

I gave it a long sigh. "Move aside first, Arya. He'll need some medical assistance first."

"Okay." Arya surprisingly complied and stood out of the way.

I carried Albert's body in my shoulder.

"... What about Rosalyn?" I glanced at Clara.

Clara nodded her head to me and handed Rosalyn to me. Rosalyn doesn't look harmed at all, but there are traces of her mana lingering in the entire room. Not to mention, her eyes are swollen. She cried a lot.

"I see, okay then. I'll just bring these two first. I'll question you later." I frowned at Arya.

Arya saw it as a joke and laughed.

I locked my eyes on the trees outside and used [Shifting Point] to leave the place, and the quickest way to reach my destination since the two people on my shoulders needs medical attention. Once I got to my destination, I was greeted by a beautiful elf receptionist.

"Excuse me, I have two students who are unconscious."

Immediately, two elven nurses took Rosalyn and Albert away from my shoulder, carrying them inside a room. Before I handed it to them, they apologized to me and asked for my permission to hand the two over to them. It wasn't a surprise to me since they've been acting like that ever since. Then I went to the receptionist. She was staring at me with a gentle smile on her face.

"Mr. Weiss, it's my pleasure to serve you, as the wonderful friend of our beloved grace, Princess Lily. I want to sincerely apologize about last time for how my colleagues treated you. The princess had already educated them, so rest assured that it won't happen again in the future. We deeply apologize for the discomfort that you experienced that day." She bowed her entire upper body to me.

Lily told them I am an important friend of hers which she declared that they shall treat me with uttermost respect.

"... You already apologized to me last time when I got discharged. It was the exact words that the two from earlier said."

"The princess instructed that we shall always ask for your forgiveness until she's satisfied."

'At least, it's not that harsh of a punishment.'

"Ah, I see... Even when I accept your apology, she instructed that you guys still need to keep doing it?"

"Yes."

"Ah, I see... Can I ask for a patient here? She's a professor, her name was Eukla..." At that moment, it dawned on me that I don't know Professor Eukla's full name.

"Professor Eukla? She has just been discharged earlier today. She did mention if ever someone wanted to ask her whereabouts I need to tell them this exact phrase, 'don't bother'."

"Great..."

"Um... Mr. Weiss. Am I in trouble?" She said with tears forming in her eyes.

"No, no, you're not." I smiled.

"Really?"

"Yes. I'm going to go now. Thank you for telling me." I nodded.

Her mouth slowly transformed into a smile. "Be careful on your way out, Mr. Weiss. If you are in any trouble, we, the elven community shall provide you with everything."

"Thank you."

"It's my pleasure."

Albert and Rosalyn are in the hands of the caring elven nurses, so I'll be taking my leave. Albert's case isn't quite serious. He doesn't have any minor bruises or broken bones. It looks like he just really passed out from Stephanie's words. Everyone in the room seemed clueless about what happened, but I on the other hand had some ideas about what transpired.

I stand outside, glancing at the pale sky. "Where is she now? I can't even go to the forest where she used to live since it became a restricted area ever since that happened."

I'm planning to enter a dungeon by this week or next week. So, I wanted to check for potions to buy earlier inside, but I thought that I'd rather check the merchant in the town. I wanted to check out the prices. And then the weaponry, it would be good if I could get my old sword back or any enchanted sword that can withstand my quintessence.

"Solais..." I looked at the palm of my hand. On it, a faint octagram appeared but quickly vanished in a matter of seconds.

I miss my old sword. If it weren't for that bastard last time, I would still have it. However, there's a person that I met who can probably replicate it... or perhaps he could help me on letting me meet the princess, so I can ask for another one. Although it's uncertain whether she'll accept my request. I tried calling the name that I had given to it many times, but it's not responding to my calls which led me to believe that it was gone now.

────────────

I stare at the sky above, thinking of whether inviting Shin and Ami would be a wise choice because they're valuable with exceptional assets. However, I'm so against that idea which absolutely wouldn't happen. Speaking of which, there's a likely chance of Shin joining Prince Lykos' faction because of his spirit's history with the Maiveil kingdom.

Factions also provide the members their needs like benefits of some sort which Prince Lykos can easily provide to them. So the question would be, how profitable was the faction? The faction will get a cut from each member. From Prince Lykos' words last time, they're rich to be able to make an offer like that. So are they solely profiting from dungeons alone? Or are they also forming trades? In the end, I don't think it will problem, considering the accumulated wealth that Arya possesses.

While I'm pondering over my own thoughts, I saw a familiar face in the distance. "What was his name again? Ciel?"

61