Chapter 145: To What Do I Owe Pleasure? (1)
2.8k 2 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
For a brief moment, our gaze locked—Shikta and Cella, the childhood friend, and the cousin. The two people from the original Claude's life were seen together; however, if my memory serves me right, the two loathe each other. Therefore, why are they together? Then, it makes sense for them to be together considering Shikta is Aldrich's fiancee.
 
If those two are in here, that means they have the exact purpose as us. Looks like, everyone will be attending the new place this weekend like a new ride attraction just opened.
 
"The Kramer family, Shikta Kramer, your childhood friend."
 
"How do you...? Lily."
 
"What? Is it wrong to want to learn about your past?"
 
"Uh, no."
 
"Good! Because I've also listed all the people that I need to... Nevermind." Lily averted her eyes away.
 
"Just don't."
 
"Hm, did you say something?"
 
"Stop acting dumb."
 
"I really can't hear you. Care to repeat that again?" Lily cocked her head to her right, looking straight into my eyes with her glistening innocent eyes.
 
"Don't bring trouble for Master Irene's name."
 
"Talking as if you're innocent. Do you know how much Master Irene's name has been tainted because of you?"
 
"Ugh!" I grunted.
 
"You're fortunate that the king is helping your image after the countless beatings you have caused in your guild."
 
"Kind of expected since he's all over Master Irene."
 
"She told you?"
 
"She mentioned it when we were on the roof. I must tell you, stealing the king's one-sided crush feels good."
 
"Cunning guy..." Lily paused for a brief moment before continuing. "... Roof? What are you two doing up there?"
 
"The usual." I averted my gaze away.
 
Speaking of which, the king's birthday banquet will happen this month. Every noble student from the Maiveil kingdom will attend the banquet. Should I also attend just to slack off? They're excused that day... I think I should. Master Irene will also attend the banquet.
 
"Even there?! How disgusting can you two be?! Why there out of all places? Why outside of all places?"
 
I kind of hesitated "... No reasons? We just did it."
 
"You're disgusting!"
 
"Why me?! It was—"
 
"Be quiet! Don't shout in here!" Lily shoved her two hands to my mouth.
 
I nodded.
 
"You... Be mindful of your surroundings."
 
"Meow~" Tsuki who's in my arms tapped my cheek gently.
 
"Yes, Tsuki?" I smiled.
 
Tsuki rubbed her head on my leg. I was heart-struck by her innocent cuteness. Then Lily crouched down, gently placing her hand on top of Tsuki's head. "Hello~"
 
"Her cheeks got chubbier than before." I pinched Tsuki's cheeks.
 
"Meow~♪" Tsuki loved getting her cheeks pinched by me.
 
"I've been wondering. Is her human form some sort of mimic magic?" Lily added.
 
"Probably."
 
Tsuki's long eyelashes fluttered. She's staring deeply at Lily with her round cat eyes.
 
"Do you also want a hug?" Lily embraced Tsuki into her arms.
 
"You're so adorable~! Be mine~!" Lily chirped.
 
Tsuki wiggled out of Lily's arms and immediately rushed to me. Tsuki rested her head on my shoulder before returning back inside. Lily was obviously taken aback and so upset that tears welled up in her eyes that were staring at me. I chuckled at the sight of the princess elf right before me.
 
"That's just how it is." I shrugged my shoulders.
 
"Unfair, my hands only managed to grasp her soft face and hair for a mere 10 seconds."
 
"Please, don't phrase it in such a way."
 
Lily looked at me dumbfoundedly, but the fact she doesn't seem to know what was wrong with what she said bothered me.
 
"Anyway, let's go," I said, reaching out to her hand.
 
But instead, Lily raised both arms to me, implying she wanted me to carry her. I blinked for a few seconds, doubting if I'm seeing things. Lily got more upset, puffing her cheeks up. "I can't?"
 
I raised an eyebrow.
 
"N-Nevermind! Forget everything!" Lily curled herself in a ball to hide her embarrassment. Then suddenly, she stood up tensely acting as if nothing happened before glaring at me. "Forget everything." She said in a cold voice.
 
I smirked in response which made her mood worst.
 
Then glancing over her shoulder, I noticed a particular group of people looking in our direction. "Stalkers?"
 
"What?" Lily glanced behind her.
 
"Them. Is that why you're acting like that earlier? Messing with them?"
 
"Heh~ Have fun," Lily responded with a smirk.
 
"You love throwing me in the pit of fire, don't you?"
 
"Get used to it." Lily stuck her tongue out.
 
"This girl... Are they bothering you?"
 
"Should that question even be asked?"
 
"I'm just worried, okay?" I patted Lily's head.
 
Lily's eyelashes fluttered for a few seconds before her entire face exploded in redness. I briefly glanced over her shoulder once again. I smiled inwardly upon sighting the despair and frustration in their faces. Furthermore, I've also noticed another presence of a group not far away from their position, seemingly also watching us—specifically me.
 
'Hm... I should've expected it considering her status. Moreover, can't they just leave me alone? Most importantly, why are they sending females to look over me?'
 
"Enough," Lily said sheepishly.
 
I pulled my hand away from her head.
 
"You should not mess with a girl's hair. Do you have any idea how long it takes for Clara to groom my hair?"
 
"I know. Stephanie and Adelle already lectured me a lot about that."
 
"Then by now, you should've learned your lesson to not do it!"
 
"I can't help myself. I love doing it." I gave her a half-shrug.
 
"A-Anyway! Y-Your friend, Erik..." She paused for a brief moment then muttered. "... this bas... d."
 
"Oh, what about him?" I replied while holding myself back from laughing.
 
"He's interesting."
 
"Yeah, how so?"
 
"His family, the Halvig family, governed a fief in the southern part of the Maiveil. There's nothing special about the family nor the fief that they govern, just a normal family of three. Yet for some reason, one day, the entire fief and its people died mysteriously, and Erik Halvig was the only son and the sole survivor. Some say it was caused by divine retribution. But, who knows if it's really the case or he's hiding something else?" Lily gave a dismissive wave of her hand.
 
"Lily..." I gave a deep sigh.
 
"What? Just saying."
 
Despite the fact that we had this kind of relationship was nothing short but a miracle; however, she's still the same girl that I met for the first time, the same girl who hates men. It may not look like it outside, but she's doing her best on repressing the hate and disgust. Unlike before, she can manage her emotions well now.
 
Lily understood that in order to be someone that can lead and protect her kingdom, she must overcome and store away those emotions. The reality that she needs to interact with the men that she despises was necessary for diplomatic reasons.
 
I have some doubts about whether she genuinely hated men or if it was just because of her inability to trust people. I had a feeling ever since we got reunited that she's compromising for me, compromising in a way where she's accepting everything. It may have been because we haven't met for a few years; nonetheless, I hope she's not pushing on herself.
 
I gave her a meaningful smile.
 
"What?"
 
"I'll take care of it. I invited him, so he's my responsibility."
 
"Taking responsibility, huh? The case with the twins hasn't even been resolved yet." Lily folded her arms with a smug look.
 
"At least, I'm making progress. It may take a while, but right now, accept it for what it is. Moreover, Rosalyn isn't bringing us any harm."
 
"Yet. Need to emphasize that."
 
"That's why I'll entrust it to you and Adelle. You two are the only ones strong enough to restrain her." I grabbed her ass.
 
"Kyieh! O-Oi! What are you doing!"
 
"Showing our love to the world," I whispered to her sensitive ears which caused Lily's entire face to flush in redness. Then my hands shifted from her ass to her plump breast. I glanced over her long pointy ears to check 'their' reactions.
 
'Would you look at that? Their gaze alone could kill someone, yet they don't have the guts to confront me. I could use them.'
 
"S-Screw you, Claude! I'm going home!" Lily pushed me away softly.
 
"Hold it right there, woman."
 
"What do you want!"
 
"Where's my goodbye kiss?"
 
Lily's mouth fell open, dumbfounded by my request.
 
"You said it yourself, I don't need to hold back. Earlier, remember?" I smirked.
 
"I—I... regr— Screw you, Claude Weiss!" Lily hid her face behind her hair and ran off.
 
'Ah, she used my full name.' I chuckled while looking at the sight of Lily's back running off in the distance.
 
"Now then." I rolled my shoulder to loosen up.
 
"Let's go somewhere else. Somewhere outside." I locked my gaze with the tall-looking ogre in the middle, and then, I leered at them, arched my eyebrows with a lascivious grin, then stretched with great exaggeration.
 
────────────
 
Right now, I'm currently walking outside the academy premise, specifically outside of what's considered the safe zone by the students.
 
Then before I knew it, something bumped into my body and sent me flying, passing through numerous trees until my left side crashed into a massive stone pillar situated strangely enough in the middle of the forest. Looking down, my body and arms were caught in this mid-tier binding magic that I could snap just by lifting my right arm.
 
"Boom! Right on the target! Caught the provocative bastard!" A man emerges from the distance with his two fingers pointing at me.
 
"There's no need to boast about it, everyone can also do that," said the man next to him.
 
"Everyone? Dream on, if that's the case, they should've asked you not me! I'm the—"
 
"Shut up!" exclaimed the man in the middle, causing a slight disturbance to nature.
 
He's massive. I'm not exaggerating when I said that because he's towering over 7 feet tall, adding the ridiculous protruding muscles from top to bottom as if he's a walking fitness freak. But it's understandable, considering he's from the race of the orcs.  
 
"He looks weaker than I expected." The orc wore his serious face upon saying that, as well as others. All of them are trying to intimidate me.
 
'Are they trying to impress me? Cute. Also, it took them a while.'
 
"To what do I owe the pleasure?" I asked with a smile.
 
Proofread By: Zeno
40