26. Misaki Being Adult(?)
2.2k 6 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Usually, Misaki would greet the morning well every time she woke up.

But for today....

"Ugh... Heavy."

She woke up with a heavy back.

She felt something strange in her body. She felt cramps at the stomach and her chest ached which made her feel uncomfortable. Besides that, her head was also dizzy.

"Am I sick?"

She checked her temperature, but it was normal and made her feel strange.

Misaki felt like she didn't want to leave the bed and wanted to continue her dream. She was rolling on the spot to looking for a comfortable way to asleep again, but since she woke up, she couldn't do it anymore.

With that feeling, Misaki finally crawling out of bed to against her laziness and walked out of from bedroom. She had to make breakfast, it was already 6 am and it was too late for her to jogging, she also didn't feel like doing it again for today with her state. Kazuto seemed to have jogging by himself judging by his door that was opened, and he wasn't in the room, it had become his habit too since that day. And because something that happened yesterday, he felt a bit reluctant to wake Misaki, especially since herself usually wakes up quickly. So, he let her to rest for today.

"Mama..."

When she got downstairs and entered the kitchen, she saw her mother chopping vegetables. She was one step late to cooking since yesterday.

"Ah, my dear. Good morning."

Her mother immediately greeted when she saw her daugther standing and staring from the entrance.

"Hoaaam, good morning Mama...."

Misaki replied languidly.

Seeing this, she became worried.

"Why are you so lethargic, could it be that you are fever?"

"No, if I got fever you should know what would happen to me. I will not talk as usually like this."

"You're right, you don't act spoiled which still shows that it's yourself."

Her mother made understanding face when she nodded.

"So, I don't understand too..."

Then Misaki explain more.

"My body temperature is normal, but I have a headache and feel nauseous, my stomach feels cramped too..."

"!"

"!!"

Before Misaki could finish explaining, her mother suddenly exclaimed with shining eyes. Misaki was clearly surprised by that as her mother's cries were quite loud.

*Dudududududududududududududududududududududududududududududududududududududu!
Bricks!! Brack!!! Brukkkk!!!! KRAAKKKK!!!

The sound of something falling from the stairs was heard all the way to the kitchen, followed by the sound of hurriedly approaching footsteps.

"Honey, what happened!!?"

And the one who appeared was her father, who was still wearing his wrinkled pajamas. It was clear from his face that he had just woken up, but the attention was his head which was dripping blood like a fountain. It seemed he had fallen down from the stairs.

"Honey, your head is bleeding, are you okay?"

"Haha, don't mind that, at least I just had a brain concussion from falling down the stairs earlier."

He said as he scratched his bleeding head which made the bleeding more worse.

"Ohh, I see."

Her mother answered like it's normal.

"Don't say 'it's just a brain concussion' and 'ohh, I see' with such a relaxed face, hey you two!!"

Misaki who couldn't stand the absurd conversation of her parents finally shouted at them. How does this fit into everyday conversation between families?

Wait, how did my temper quickly rise today? Misaki thought.

Usually she will not get to emotional so easily. No, if the conversation was like this she would definitely do a tsukkomi.

But ignoring that, her mother stared at her even more with like a laser beam.

"W-What's that?"

"Hmn, hmm, you'll understand when you go into the toilet."

Her mother answered in an unusual tone. Misaki feel suspicious. However, she also intended to go there to shower and pee. In the end, she ended up going to the bathroom.

"Hmm, I guess we need to boil some brown rice to celebrate it."

Said her mother who looked towards the bathroom door.

"What happen, you seem happy today."

Misaki's father came and asked in confusion.

"Our child has become-"

"Kyaa!"

Before she could finish her sentence, the scream of Misaki who was in the bathroom cut her off. But she had already knew this was going to happen as she stared at the bathroom quietly.

"I knew this would happen."

The door slowly opened, and Misaki came out with trembling legs and a face that looked as her spirit could come out at any moment.

"B-Blood... I saw blood...."

Her mother comes to her and ask to calm down.

"So do you understand what happened to you?"

Misaki looked at her in a daze and confusion. She had absolutely no idea what had happened. She just peed but what came out was blood.

Her mother looked at her with a bright smile.

"You're having your period."

"My period......?"

You mean that thing that women experience every month on a regular basis? And.........now it happened to me?

Misaki was getting worried to herself now.

Seeing her like that made her mother calm her down again.

"No need to worry too much, it's something every woman will experience."

"But... Didn't that happen too fast for me?"

"Fufu, that's a sign of your fertile body. I can't wait to see my grandson."

Her mother replied with a cheerful laugh.

Hey, your daugther is only 12 years old and you're already expecting her to get married and have kids? You're not even old enough to be called grandma.

Misaki looked at her mother with dissatisfied eyes.

"Just kidding, just kidding. There's no way I'd let my daugther marry at such an early age."

"Mama, your joke is really funny."

Misaki said with a straight face. Her mother just kept laughing at her expression. She didn't seem to really care about her attitude.

"Well, to celebrate this, I'll be boiling brown rice for breakfast and dinner later. Ahh, if you don't want to go to school for today because you feel bad about your situation, I'll ask the school for permission, how about that?"

Her mother seemed very understanding of her situation. But Misaki however didn't want to miss school for this trivial reason, even though she wasn't used to it.

"No need, I'm going to school."

Hee mother just smiled at her daugther's answer and did not prolong the problem.

"Mmm, fine."

"Uhh, I don't want to interrupt. But doesn't anyone want to treat my wound?"

Meanwhile from the side of the door, Misaki's father who was still bleeding in his head like a fountain, finally spoke. Somehow, he had only been used as a background all along.

"Oh Honey, don't disturb the atmosphere of mother and her daugther who are talking."

"Mmm, that's right. Papa can't read the mood."

*Kuhkk!!

Hearing that piercing reply had increased the damage to his wound.

Someone seems to need to be brought into the operating room for today.

.....

"And so it happened, my mother truly boiled brown rice to celebrate it."

"Hooh, interesting story."

"Wait, why is the focus of your story was your mother boiling brown rice, how is your father, is he okay?"

Misaki, with a tired look was lying down with her face pressed against the table. She had told her two friends what had happened this morning. She felt helpless now, and didn't want to do anything.

Misaki does not believe that menstruation will affect her daily life. How can women endure this? She asked herself. Moreover, her stomach was churning which made her not want to move.

"Come to think of it, maybe this is what caused your bad mood that time."

Shinomiya said while thinking about last weekend.

"Hmm, that explains everything then."

Sakura agreed as she nodded repeatedly.

"I'm sorry for messing it up...."

After remembering it, Misaki felt that she had done something bad even if it wasn't intentional. Yesterday was supposed to be a great day for everyone, but she messed it up instead.

"Didn't we say not to worry about it? Don't think too much about what happened."

"Right, Saki-chan is getting too carried away."

Her two friends didn't seem to mind. Misaki was just worrying too much unnecessarily.

She became relieved at their words.

"That reminds me, in the past when I was in 6th grade it was the first time I had my period, especially it happened in class, and I was laughed at by the boys there."

Sakura telling.

Misaki was slightly taken aback to hear that. It was supposed to be an embarrassing experience for the rest of her life, but the story continued which shocked her even more.

"So, out of frustration, I ended up beating them all up so they couldn't laugh anymore!"

The story is passionate. She proudly poses with her arms around her waist. She seems to think that she is a superhero. However, all broke up after Shinomiya told what happened next.

"Yes, after that she was called by the teacher and punished to stand outside the room during class."

Added Shinomiya.

Sakura's shoulders slumped at that.

"Evil Shino-Chan, at least let me look cool once in a while!"

"All you do is piss people off, not act cool."

Sakura slapped Shinomiya's shoulder because she shouldn't have said it, but the blow was too light so Shinomiya just ignored it.

On the other hand, Misaki only listened with a smile as her head rested on the table.

It felt like she wanted to sleep and laze around, she was too tired. She should just stay at home at this rate, but she also wanted to meet and play with her friends. The life she was leading was already on a different path now, in a good direction. So she wanted to enjoy it as much as possible.

"Saki-chan, if you feel unwell because of that, you should rest in the infirmary. You should be able to rest well there."

Shinomiya looked worried for her because she had always been weak since finding her this morning.

"It's fine. I can also sleep in class later, sensei can't disturb me after all."

Misaki replied confidently. Since her knowledge of the subject had perfect answers that even the teachers were astonished at, it allowing her to be free to do anything in her class, as long as she sat down and didn't disturb the others.

Shinomiya didn't say anything after that. She knew there was no point in forcing Misaki.

And sure enough, during class time Misaki only sleeps with both arms covering her face from the sides, as her forehead rests on the table.

Nothing bothered her during that time, instead all her classmates were worried about her because looking unwell. But Misaki herself doesn't know about it because she is in a dream world.

Time passed, it was finally lunch time, and Misaki was now in the greenhouse on the school roof.

"Uhh....Misaki, you look unwell. Are you sick?"

Endou asked in a worried tone. After eating her lunch box, Misaki went straight to sleep with her head resting on the table, her face didn't look good either so Endou was obviously worried about her.

"I'm not sick, I'm just-"

Misaki's mouth was covered by Shinomiya's hand as she was about to answer. She looked at her for looking an answer, why did she do that.

"Saki-chan, sometimes a girl shouldn't say private things out loud."

After saying those words, Shinomiya removed her hand from Misaki's mouth. What she said seemed like a warning to her not to talk about her period with the opposite sex. Misaki understood what she meant. But she was actually going to subconsciously say it to Endou.

Come to think of it, she was also getting too carried away because the one asking was Endou, because she was used to speaking casually to him without hiding anything since they were friends in the past.

"What exactly are you guys talking about? I'm getting more and more curious."

Endou had a confused look as he looked at the two of them.

"Uhh, forget it. It's too taboo for a boy to know."

Endou was getting more and more confused, but since he didn't seem to be getting an answer, he didn't ask any further.

"Huaaam... So sleepy."

Misaki yawned.

She wanted to sleep, but before that her attention was on Endou's palm.

"What happened to your palm?"

Misaki asked while propping her chin on the table. Endou's hand seemed to have a slightly long but thin cut, so it didn't bleed much. Even though it's a small wound, it will become painful if left alone and make it infected, so that it will be very sore.

Endou himself looked surprised, and didn't seem to notice before this.

What a reckless person. Misaki thought.

"Ahh, I think I got this wound while helping sensei clean up the broken glass. It seems I accidentally got scratched while picking it up, I just realized this too."

Endou said while holding his arm.

"Tch, you should be more careful when handling that kind of thing."

Misaki clicked her tongue as she took something out of the bag, and took out a box.

"Give me your hand."

"What for?"

"Just give it!"

Seeing Misaki forcing him made Endou resignedly stretch out his injured hand.

What's with Misaki, is she on her period? She seemed so easily to get emotional. Endou thought.

Unconsciously, Endou thought had guessed what was happening to Misaki.

"Ah! It hurts!"

But his mind was cut off when he felt the stinging pain from his wound.

Misaki had dripped disinfectant on the area of Endou's wound to prevent it from getting infected with germs, and she did it without warning, so Endou was a little surprised.

"Hey, at least say it before you do."

Endou complained.

"Don't be a crybaby, as a boy you should be able to stand that, right."

Misaki replied with a sullen face. She paid little heed to Endou's complaint as she took a cotton swab and wiped the wet spot on his palm, and as a final touch, she put a plaster on the wound. Since it was only a minor wound, there was no need for further treatment.

"Finished."

Misaki said as her sullen expression turned into a smile.

"Don't let go until tonight, understand? Now let me sleep."

After Misaki said that, she cleaned her utensils and went back to sleep on the table.

"You.... Worrying about me, didn't you?"

Endou asked with a seductive smile. Misaki had been looking angry and pouting for sure to cover up her worries. Endou was sure of it, so teasing her a little was fine, right?

And sure enough.

"W-Who's worried about such a small wound, you idiot? There's no way I'd worry so easily over a trivial matter!"

Misaki exclaimed as she stood up and puffed out her cheeks. Even though she sounded like she was refusing, her ears were red which meant he was right.

Seeing her reaction Endou seems overwhelmed because she's being too cute.

"All right, all right. I understand."

Endou said, he didn't want to tease her too much for fear of having diabetes.

"Ugh, my stomach. Don't joke with me anymore, and let me sleep. I'm tired."

Misaki's face sank back onto the table as her stomach churned again. That was the reason she didn't want to move around too much.

"Okay, I'm sorry."

Endou had no intention of bothering her again after that, and just kept quiet.

But not long after, Misaki asked as her eyes looking at surroundings.

"Wait, where did those two go?"

Misaki just realized that Sakura and Shinomiya had disappeared from here. No wonder, there's been no sound other than us here since a while ago, the two of them are no longer here. Misaki thought.

"The two of them secretly left you not long before. They told me to have a good rest here in sign language."

Endou replied.

In fact, Shinomiya saw that they both seemed to have a world of their own so she signaled Sakura to go with her. After that she gave her a mysterious smile before leaving the two of them. Endou didn't know what they were thinking, but there seemed to be a misunderstanding here.

"Hmm, is that so. Then I'll sleep here for a bit."

Misaki didn't think much of it as the tiredness came back to her. She's sleepy.

The light spring breeze and the smell of the plants and flowers here made her feel comfortable and want to sleep. Subconsciously, her eyes slowly closed and Misaki's consciousness was swept away by a gust of wind.

"...."

And she fell asleep.

"She really can sleep fast."

Endou muttered looking at Misaki's sleeping face. He didn't want to disturb her sleep, so he didn't make much sound or move as he gazed at her cute face.

Her curly eyelashes, small and pink lips, an innocent and flawless face, white and radiant skin. All the things that girls dream of is in Misaki. Even though she is only 12 years old, her beauty and cuteness is enough to make everyone love her.

"Hahh, how beautiful will you be when you grow up."

He mumbled again with a smile.

Everyone who saw Misaki's face right now would surely fall in love with her.

I don't know why, but whenever Misaki talked to him it always made him feel relaxed. It had even happened since their first meeting, as if he had known her for years. Endou had always thought of this before, how did she know his habits? How did she get to know him so quickly? He felt that everything that happened wasn't some kind of coincidence. But now, he didn't really care anymore, as long as he could be with her, even if for a while it was enough to make him happy.

His hand was about to stroke Misaki's head, however

*Kiii......

The sound of the door opening made him stop himself and quickly grabbed his arm.

From behind the opened door, Kazuto's figure was seen. He stepped forward and drew closer to them.

"Yoo, why are you late. You're late for lunch. Did you get punished or something?"

Endou greeted first. Kazuto had previously been called by the teacher, so unfortunately he barely had time for lunch.

"Well, I was called in to take care of some equipment that just got delivered to the basketball club. And it's quite tiring to organize and clean up the old equipment, since our warehouse is quite small."

Kazuto said with a sigh. He couldn't believe that he had to take care of it during lunchtime instead of when he got home. The problem is, their equipment is annoying because it is placed in front of the school entrance, so they are asked to take care of it quickly.

"Pfft, you're really unlucky today, man."

Endou laughed at Kazuto's misfortune.

Kazuto would normally hit this blunt-mouthed person, but broke his will as he turned his gaze to the sleeping Misaki. He was afraid his voice would wake her up.

"Did she just sleep?"

"Yeah, she slept not long before you came. That makes me want to ask, is Misaki sick? She doesn't seem well today."

Endou again wondered why Misaki looked sick today.

"That.... Actually I wanted to say it, but if she doesn't answer you by herself then I don't have the right to do so either."

Kazuto replied. He clearly knew that it was taboo for a woman to talk about her period problems to the opposite sex, so he couldn't tell Endou.

"Hahh, I'm going to die of curiosity today then. All the answers I received were the same."

Endou had given up on searching for answers.

They continued their conversation, until the doorbell rang.

....

"Uhh, are you sure you're going to skip class?"

Endou asked while at the door.

"Yeah, I'll be accompanying Misaki here. After all, it's not like my rank could be dropped so easily by you."

Kazuto said with an arrogant tone. So far, Kazuto has always been ranked 1st for 3 consecutive years, although he also focuses on the basketball club, but no one can dethrone him including Endou, who has been below Kazuto's class.

*Kuhakk!!

That sentence was enough to get Endou pierced with spears from all directions, because it's true that he had always wanted to beat him in exams.

"Y-You always stab in the right place. Watch out! In the summer exams I will beat-"

*Bang!!

Before he could finish his words, he was hit in the face by the footwear Kazuto threw at him, which sent him tumbling forward like a ball from the stairs to the ground floor.

"Uwaaaaaaaahhhh!!!... "

Endou screamed as he couldn't stop himself from falling.

*Grabkkk!!

A loud noise rang out from downstairs, and after that created an indescribable silence.

"I told you not to be loud. Misaki is sleeping here, you idiot."

"....."

Of course no one replied to Kazuto's words because Endou was already rest in peace below.

----

---

----

---

I don't know much about woman. So, I'm sorry if that not representing what really happen \( ̄▽ ̄;)

You can read my latest chapter and supporting me by joining my Patreon:

https://www.patreon.com/shirogane007

46