28. Akihabara! (Part 1)
1.8k 10 52
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So where are you taking me, Endou?"

Misaki asked while was sitting next to Endou.

She was currently in the car Raphael was driving.

She was suddenly invited by Endou after school to go with him. Honestly, she actually wanted to go home and reading some books, but because Endou invited, she canceled her intention. After all she was curious to why he had invited her.

"We're going to Akihabara."

Answered Endou who was beside her.

(Still alive anyway)

Misaki frowned upon hearing Akihabara's words.

"Akihabara? Why are we going there?"

She didn't really like crowded places, and Akiba was one of those places that fell into the crowded area category, so Misaki didn't really like going there.

"Sorry, if you don't like going there, but it would be a waste if we not go. But..... if you really don't want to go, we can come back and take you home."

Endou said while scratching his head. He looked quite sad when he saw Misaki didn't seem to want to go there.

Seeing her friend's expression like that clearly made Misaki feel bad. She does not like to make her friends sad because of trivial matters, especially those related to her.

"Fuhhh... Since we've already move, there's no point in going back with nothing. So, don't waste this time heading back now."

Misaki said as she made up her mind.

Endou's expression brightened after hearing she agreed.

They finally got there in 30 minutes.

Akihabara.

If you're asking where is the best shopping district in Japan, then the answer is Akihabara. Here, there are more than 250 electrical and electronic shops, and we can easily find the latest and most advanced electronic products such as smartphones, laptops, video games, and others. Not only that, there are also shops that provide animation kits that are increasingly popular with young people. Therefore, Akihabara has become a holy place for lovers of Japanese pop music, anime, manga, action figures, and games, as well as otaku.

What greeted them when they got there was a nine-story electronics center, cafe themed with anime characters, young people dressed in cosplay, and the population density that Misaki hated so much.

"Ahaha... As expected as a holy place for otaku and gamers like you, this is too crowded for me to handle."

Misaki said in a sarcastic tone when she saw the crowd in front of her. Just looking at them was enough to make her sweat, so what if she was stared at by all those people? She was sure she would faint on the spot. It didn't matter if she was Kazuto in the past, because not many people paid attention to him, but now she was Misaki, a girl who easily got attention just from her face.

I don't mean to brag, but it's a fact.

She felt it was a mistake to come here now. But there was no turning back because they had arrived. As Endou said, it's a waste to just get empty handed here.

"Well, it's always this busy."

Endou said. He often comes here to buy the latest gaming devices or video games.

"And I'm not an otaku. But cultural person."

He added as he got out of the car. Misaki followed him.

When her feet touched the pavement, nervousness came over her too. The curious gazes directed at them from around made her subconsciously grab Endou's hand.

This is why I hate crowded places. Misaki said in her heart.

Her thoughts were stopped when her vision was suddenly interrupted by Endou who put a baseball cap. Misaki looked at Endou with a dissatisfied look because it surprised her a bit.

But Endou replied with a refreshing smile rather than being annoyed.

"Come on, don't be mad. This hat should make you lose your senses from their stares, shouldn't it?"

"Since you dragged me here, then you must take responsibility for taking care of me."

Misaki said while fixing the hat Endou was gave.

"Ohh, you mean I should be the knight on the white horse, and you as the princess? Of course I will."

"Good."

After that Endou spoke to Raphael.

"You can wait or have fun around here. We'll be back in a few hours."

"Okay. Please Mr. Endou be careful, and if anything happens please call me."

Endou nodded in understanding. Then they went for a walk and had a look there.

During that time, Misaki didn't dare to get too far from Endou and held onto his arm due to the crowd that never subsided wherever they went. She had enough of it, that she finally asked Endou the reason why they were here.

"So can you tell me why we're here?"

"Come on, let's have some fun here first. Ahh, look there's a small tournament of Xtreme X : Hardcore over there."

Endou replied. They were currently at the game center, and there just to be an a small tournament event.

Ahh, the game is getting more and more popular. In the fall, the popularity of this game will be even greater, and there will be tournaments with big prizes. Misaki thought in her heart.

It made her nostalgic back then when she helped teach Endou to play as a pro in order to win tournaments. Although, he unfortunately had to lose in the semi-finals.

If she plays, she believes she can win in the final easily.

"Ahh, I lost..."

Endou came back with disappointed. He had even only made one match and immediately lost.

"You don't even really understand the T3 combo, while your enemy can already T4, it's only natural that you lose."

Misaki replied while patting his shoulder. 'T' or 'tier' is the name for the combo system in this game. The higher the combo tier used, the more difficult it is to control the combo.

"Hah, you're right. But, I really wanted the prize."

Endou said with a sigh.

The prize for this tournament is a very rare classic card game from the Yu Gi Oh series, namely Minerva, The Exalted Lightsworn. If it was sold on the site, then the price of the card would be at least 190 thousand yen, or it could be more. Misaki was also quite surprised that it was a prize for this event.

By the way, Endou is also a collector when it comes to games. Therefore, he really wanted the card.

Seeing her friend want it so badly made Misaki sigh.

"What else can we do."

She said as she came forward and registered for the tournament. She was lucky to be in the last group. If not, she would't be able to register.

"Hey, what are you doing, you don't like getting a lot of attention, right? Why did you sign up?"

Endou asked with a worried face.

"Kuhh, I really hate being the center of attention. But, if my friend really wants that card, then I'll help out if I can."

Misaki said as she imagined herself being seen by many people.

Well, as long as I focus on the game, and don't pay attention to anything else then it should be fine. She thought.

"You don't have to do it for me. But... Thanks for helping."

Endou said while scratching his cheek. Though he said he would be the knight on white horse for her, but instead he was helped by her. Now he felt ashamed for saying that before.

"What do you mean, it's nothing. I don't necessarily win it anyway, so don't thank me just yet."

"Still I have to say it for helping. And it doesn't matter if you lose, as long as you try."

Misaki saw that the time to play was about to come.

"Any lucky words for me?"

She asked as she spread her fingers. She had to relax it as best she could because she would have to move it fast.

But her hand stopped moving when suddenly Endou grabbed it, and when Misaki looked back, she saw that Endou was already in a kneeling pose with one of his leg touch the ground like a knight.

"Ehh, Endou, why are you kneeling? W-Wait, what are you doing, you're attracting everyone's attention, stand up immediately, idiot!!"

All gazes were on them now. If she hadn't been wearing a hat, she would have run away from here.

Endou himself not paid attention to Misaki's words, as he still knelt down one of his leg like a knight in a movie.

Misaki had a bad feeling from this.

After that, Endou kissed the back of Misaki's hand gently.

"May victory be with you, my princess."

Oooooohhhhh!!

The cheers of those who saw this scene were heard until like deafening ears. For some reason, the scenes that they saw matched and didn't match at the same time, but they were cheering because they were excited about it.

"Wawawawawa...."

Misaki's head was already unable to process due to the gazes that were on them, but it soon returned to normal as she glared at Endou, who was the mastermind behind this.

"What the hell are you doing, you idiot!!!"

Misaki shouted because couldn't stand it anymore, and hit Endou right in his stomach.

"Kuhakk!"

After that, Misaki fled towards her game machine, because it was now her group's turn to play.

"Well, she really isn't a quiet like princess..."

Said Endou who rubbed his stomach that had been hit by Misaki. The punch didn't hurt at all, well, he was just dramatizing because he likes to do that, ignoring the footwear throw that Kazuto threw a few days ago. It still hurt. And It more hurts than falling down the stairs. Just remembering it made him scared. But it's still fun to play and make fun of him every day too.

However, being with Misaki made him feel better, yes, much better of course.

He looked at the back of Misaki who was currently sitting in her chair with a smile.

"...But I like it."

52