29. Akihabara! (Part 2)
1.4k 4 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What the hell was that idiot doing, now I'm in trouble because of him..."

Misaki grumbled in annoyance as she sat down on her seat.

Because of Endou's behavior, she was now the center of attention. She could feel many eyes glancing at her which made her back uncomfortable because of it.

I will take revenge to him later.

For now, Misaki will focus and forget about her surroundings.

The match will start soon.

"Good, there's headphones. This way they won't be too loud."

Misaki said happily as she put the headphones on her ears. Now that the audience's voices had become muffled. Thanks to it, her nervous was reduced by that.

"Participants from group F will start in 1 minute. Prepare yourself, because 1 defeat it mean's elimination."

Announcement of the start of the match has been announced by the committee. Misaki focused on her monitor.

The system in this match is simple because the tournament is small.

Each group has 12 players who will fight each other. In 1 match there will be 3 rounds, and if they lose 2 times, the participant will be immediately eliminated, after that, the remaining 6 players will fight players from other groups with the same round and elimination system, and so on until they reach the final. In the final, there will be 5 rounds, and if 1 participant wins it 3 times it will be considered the winner.

"Hehh, a little girl like you is trying to play games, isn't there anything else you're doing? Playing barbies for example?"

A disdainful voice came from behind her monitor. Since Misaki was wearing a hat, she couldn't see his face, but she was sure the person was quite tall, and from the sound of his voice it was a teenage boy.

Thanks to her lack of communication skills, Misaki was quite afraid to speak to strangers especially in unfamiliar territory like outside, even so, she dared to speak to him.

"W-We'll see. D-Don't judge people's abilities by their a-appearance."

Says he stutters. Even saying that was enough to drain her energy. But that could already be considered good progress.

By the way, the enemy was also determined by seat, so the person in front of her was her opponent.

"Hehh, let's see what you're capable of then."

With his words, their match began.

"Okay, for now I'll use you, Kiva."

Misaki chose character named Kiva. In the game Xtreme X : Hardcore, there are various characters with their own unique abilities, and are classified according to 3 categories by the players. One, a slow but deadly attack called a Slow-killer, two attacks that are fast but provide little damage called a Speedster, and the last one is a character who has strong defense but his speed and attack are average, but the advantage is that this kind of character is equipped with crowd-control ability with a Sower-strength class name, and this is the least popular character category among the three of them because it is the most difficult and not very profitable if you can't combo T8 and above.

Kiva is a speedster class girl character, so her movements are not easy to predict. Misaki likes this character because the character model is made like a Wuxia martial artist. The rest, it was just a random selection in her mind.

"You noob, picking a character at a time when others haven't even done it yet."

The sound of ridicule came again. It was natural, because there was a tacit rule between players where they would choose when the time was up so that they had the advantage with their character's skills in combat.

"Mudrock, eh..."

Misaki said as she watched her opponent choose.

mudrock. Its class was still considered ambiguous, because its defense was on par with the Lower-strength class, but its characteristics were even on par with the Slow-killer class where its attack power was quite lethal. This is the most popular and deadly character because it can beat the speedster with just a T4 combo. And speedster users mostly complain because of this and ask developers to reduce the stats.

Round 1

Fight

Their match finally started.

But no one attacked first.

The first to attack is the winner. Those words are sometimes true, but in this game, patience is what counts. Because if we attack first and fail, then the opponent will take the gap and strike back.

Misaki finally attacked in the 15th second and managed to do a T2 combo.

"[Thunder Strike!]"

Misaki's character shows her unique skills.

"[Break!]"

But unfortunately that move was broken as his opponent managed to dodge at the last moment. After that, Mudrock started hitting with basic attacks without making any special moves and Kiva defended.

But Misaki managed to block every attack because her analytical skills. Even Mudrock's combo's moves couldn't scratch and annoy her opponent.

"Are you just can hold and dodge? Show your strength!"

Misaki was silent and didn't reply, she just focused on her monitor.

At that moment, Kiva's absolute defense broke when Misaki was late pressing the defend button. Mudrock took the opportunity to do his combo.

"Feel this damn!"

"[Rock Crushers!]"

Kiva bounces repeatedly as Mudrock uses his unique ability until he reaches T3.

"Ahh, it seems that kid has no hope, if Mudrock manages to pull off the T4 combo then it's over."

"Unfortunately, even though the child can play quite well even though she only got to T2 earlier, it seems she can also T3 but was successfully canceled earlier."

The voices of the audience watching Misaki's match seemed very sorry for her defeat.

However.

"I think my fingers are not stiff anymore."

Said Misaki who was calmly looking at her character being beaten up.

"It's show time."

"[Break!]"

With that, Kiva somehow managed to break his T3 combo.

"Ohh! Look, the kid managed to break it!"

"What the hell, why my character can't move!?"

Mudrock was somehow stunned and unable to move.

Seeing an opportunity, Misaki immediately started using her combo.

"[Heavenly Strike]"

"[100 Palms Strike]"

"[Cronical Silence]"

"[Absolute Dao]"

Starting from the combo T1, to T6, Misaki moves her hands very quickly when pressing the button.

The reason she failed to do the previous T2 combo was because her fingers were still stiff, and the reason she kept doing defensive and dodging moves was because she was still warming up. Once she felt ready, she immediately displayed to playing skills from her previous life. And last but not least, the reason she got hit was on purpose to get Mudrock to do his combo. Although known for his great strength, Mudrock has a weakness where if his T3 combo is successfully broken, then he will got a stun condition. Only Misaki knew this, because for now there weren't many players skilled enough to take the time to do fault moves.

"Gosh, did I just see the T6 combo? It's the first time I've seen that move! How did that kid do it? Her fingers are even moving abnormally."

"I don't know man, so far I've only seen a few people who can do it. She's really amazing."

The audience commented in admiration at Misaki's abilities. Of course, that's because it's quite difficult to find people capable of the T6 combo, due to the high difficulty. Usually, to be safe, players will do combos up to T4 and start over again, because that's the safe limit for their level of difficulty. However, if the player is able to get to T6 then they can start from T5, followed by some risks, but the benefits are clear.

"W-What the hell....This can't be!"

Meanwhile, her opponent was frustrated that he couldn't find the time to break her combo.

"Let's end with this."

But Misaki, rather than repeating, she continued her combo. And one of the spectators realized that.

"Wait, she's not going to start at T5 again, and continue with her combos? D-Don't tell me she made it to T7!?"

Right. Misaki continued her combo until T7.

"Finished."

"[Flawless Needles]"

And that was the end of round 1.

Kiva's Win.

Ohhhh!!!

The audience cheered in awe at the match.

"She's so cool! What's her name? I'll be her fan! After all, she looks pretty and cute too!"

"I have the same thoughts as you, man! Let's create a fan club!"

"Oh, I'm coming as first member!"

"Me too!"

"I'm in!"

"I'm in!"

"I'm in!"

"Me too!"

And without she know, Misaki already has her own fan club. She would have resigned immediately and gone home if she found out about this, but because she was wearing Headphones, their voices from afar were not heard.

On the other hand.

"I-I'm lose...."

And from here, it was clear who's lost due to the vast difference in ability. Even though there was one more round.

From here on, the day Misaki was known as the 'Goddess of Extreme Winner' began. Although the name will only be known among Xtreme X gamers.

After that, Misaki managed to win every match easily with her combo skills and high control accuracy, until she reached the final and became the top winner.

47