32. Misaki Got Fever
1.8k 11 51
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Neet... Neet... Neet...

The alarm sounds from the clock made Kazuto wake.

"...."

The time shows 5 am.

He immediately turned off the alarm. It took a little while for his mind to clear up.

"Weird dream...."

He mumbled.

He don't know when he started that dream, but based on his memory, it probably happened after Misaki told him to imagine himself dying and reincarnating as her.

Yes, maybe since then. Kazuto thought.

He sometimes dreams that he turns into Misaki. She had consciousness there, however, she couldn't control herself in that dream, and instead, whenever she met her form as Kazuto was always like a barking dog, be it cursing or insulting, she did that to him and really couldn't control her filthy mouth until she wasn't sure if it really was herself.

It really was a strange and interesting experience for him, moreover the dream was imprinted in his mind, and not slowly disappearing like a normal dream.

"Well, it was just a dream."

Kazuto said as he stretched his body.

After that, he changed into his training clothes, and intended to go jogging. This habit started from his sister, and he also began to do it regularly.

"Misaki hasn't woken up yet."

Kazuto peeked into Misaki's room, and she still hadn't woken up.

"Well, last night's rain finished in the middle of the night anyway, so it's only natural that she's still sleeping."

Last night, the rain wouldn't stop until midnight. And, Misaki who was afraid of lightning didn't want to let him go during that time.

Recalling last night's events made Kazuto smile himself. Misaki is always fragile when it comes to things she fears. Although she was gifted with many good things since childhood, in return she also had more flaws in herself. And that is what makes her as human.

With that, Kazuto had to jog alone today.

When he came out, the puddles were still imprinted on the ground, and the water droplets stuck to the leaf buds from the previous rain.

Being greeted with that sight made Kazuto think that the rainy season would fall more regularly than the previous year.

But ignoring that, he started running after warming up a bit.

"Morning, Himiko baa-san. Fast paced as usual, huh."

As Kazuto ran, he greeted the old lady who had gotten up early as usual.

"Good morning too, Kazuto. You don't usually run alone, where's Misaki?"

"Misaki is still sleeping. Last night she didin't sleep well because she was afraid of the sound of thunder."

"Fufu, it's natural for a child at her age to be afraid of such things. And your duty as an older brother is to protect her, so always be by her side when she needs you, understand?"

"I see, thanks for the advice. I'll go first then."

"Yes, be careful on the road."

Finished greeting Her, Kazuto continued his jogging and wandered around the residential area.

....

"I'm home."

Kazuto finished with his jog, and headed home.

He was about to take a shower to wash off his sweat, but before that, he saw Misaki in the kitchen just standing there quietly holding a knife, and her eyes seemed unfocused, and her expression was also listless.

Sensing something was wrong, he went to check and came over to her.

"Misaki, what happened, why are you dumbfounded?"

".....Ehh? Onii-chan.... Already home?"

Misaki was late in responding, and her voice when she spoke was also hoarse and weak.

Kazuto became worried when he saw her condition.

"Misaki... You look unwell, no, the heat on your forehead is not normal, you have a fever. Could it be that you came home in the rain yesterday?"

Kazuto said as he checked the temperature on Misaki's forehead with his hand.

"Is that so........?"

Misaki's words were more like mumbling as she stared at Kazuto with a dazed face.

"Yes, you should rest in your room, you don't have to go to school for today."

"Ehh... But my friends... Waiting......"

Kazuto a bit confuse when Misaki remember her friends with her constitution because they're not even meet yet with this form.

Did she start sharing memories? Questions arose in his mind.

"I'll tell them later that you're sick, don't worry."

"I see.... The breakfast and the bento..."

"No need, I'll just buy it at the convenience store."

After Kazuto settled Misaki's small worries, she finally agreed not to enter school for today.

"I see..... Then for today.... Not coming in..."

Misaki's speech became more disorganized as she fell into Kazuto's arms. She was too weak to stand.

"If you tired or sick, you shouldn't push yourself. You made me more worried, you know?"

Kazuto muttered as he sigh. He then carried Misaki to her room, and carefully placed Misaki on the bed.

"Wait here, and don't go anywhere."

"Mm..."

Misaki became very docile when she was sick, so Kazuto could easily manage her.

He went downstairs after that, and took a shower.

After cleaning himself up, he made porridge as breakfast for Misaki. Even though he wasn't good at cooking like Misaki, he was the one who took care of her since childhood if something like this happened, so making porridge was an easy task.

After it was cooked he took the porridge to Misaki's room. There, Misaki was waiting for him. She looked tired.

Seeing his little sister looking helpless made him worry whether she would be okay if she was left alone.

"Misaki, I'll feed you. So say 'aaa'."

"Aa...."

Kazuto fed Misaki, and since it was still hot he blew it first.

"This is the last bite."

"Aa..."

Sick people should have a poor appetite, but because Misaki listened to Kazuto well, she managed to finish her meal.

"Smart girl, you managed to finish it."

Kazuto said while headpat her.

"Ehehe..."

It's easier to say that Misaki had a personality change when she was sick. Surprisingly, Misaki herself had no awareness of it, and she would also forget all the events that happened while she was sick. They had checked this with the doctor or psychologist, but did not get any useful information about it. But they said this would not harm Misaki so they could breathe a sigh of relief.

"I'm going to school then. Get some rest in your room and don't go anywhere."

Kazuto was about to stand up, but was stopped by Misaki with invoke eyes.

"Hug...."

Misaki said with a pitiful face while spreading her arms.

"Kuh..."

Kazuto was a little overwhelmed by the look on his younger sister's face.

She's too cute at time like this. Kazuto thought.

He immediately gave her a hug after that.

"Careful..."

"Okay."

Kazuto let go of his embrace after Misaki felt quite comfortable.

A wish suddenly crossed his mind.

He was actually a bit hesitant to do this, but the desire in his heart suddenly exploded when he saw Misaki's pitiful face.

*Kiss...

Kazuto gave Misaki a kiss on the forehead before running away towards the exit of the room with a red face.

"I-I'll go first."

"Uhm."

Misaki waved her hand while saying 'be careful' once again. She didn't seem bothered by that.

Kazuto closed the door after waving back.

"That's dangerous... I could get diabetes if I do this every day."

Kazuto muttered while taking a deep breath.

51