33. Misaki’s Alter Ego
2k 5 53
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Yeah, Misaki is sick. I left her alone at home, but she's a good and obedient girl, so she's definitely not going anywhere. I've already given her breakfast too."

"hmm, yeah, I will take care of her. I love you too mom, take care of your health too. I hang up the phone, see you later."

Kazuto hung up the call after that. He had just called his mother to tell her that Misaki was sick. He would usually call once a week to let them know how they were doing so her parents wouldn't worry too much.

He continued on his way to school after finishing the call.

He was close to his school, his journey was smooth without a hitch until someone came and ruined the atmosphere.

"Morning, Kazuto!!"

Endou came to surprise him from behind.

Kazuto was about to break his neck because of that, but since that's gonna kill him, he canceled his intention.

"You're quite late this morning. Where's Misaki? Why isn't she with you?"

He asked curiously.

"She's sick, you know it's early summer."

Kazuto replied as he continued walking.

"Ohh, you mean she's already in super cute mode!!? It's earlier than I thought. Fine, I'll see her later if so-Keukk!"

Kazuto hit Endou in the stomach before he finished his sentence.

"Your words seem to imply that you like seeing Misaki sick. Would you let me to break some of your bones again?"

"...Come on Kazuto, at least accept a few jokes from me once in a while. Besides, it's the truth that Misaki looks cute when she has a fever, right?"

Endou asked as he stood up without a problem after being hit.

"..."

Kazuto just silently stared at Endou before continuing to walk.

"Hey, wait for me! You haven't answered my question! You're silent because I'm right, right? Yes, right!?"

Kazuto kept ignoring him because Endou was too noisy.

....

"Ehh, Saki-chan has a fever?"

Sakura had a surprised face when she heard that.

Currently, Kazuto is in front of Misaki's class and telling her classmates that she is sick.

"Yeah, so she won't be coming in for today."

Kazuto said.

"Just yesterday she said she was easy to get sick, so is that true?"

asked Shinomiya.

"Yes, she did get sick easily in the early summer, but she will be fine once this period is over."

Kazuto replied.

Sakura and Shinomiya looked at each other after that. They seemed to want to visit Misaki at his house. After all, their friend was sick.

Kazuto who knew about this finally invited them.

"If you want to see Misaki, you can go after school with me."

"Can we!?"

"Sure, it's not like you guys bothered her."

"Alright, we'll be there later, Kazuto-senpai."

"Meet me at the school gate after school is over."

"Sure!"

"I'll be back in class then, bye."

"Yeah, bye, senpai!!"

Kazuto's departure was accompanied by Sakura's loud voice.

----

Continuing to walk without any hindrance, he stopped when he was startled by a familiar figure walking from the corridor.

"Ehh, Horimiya-san? What are you doing here?"

In the central building, Kazuto accidentally ran into Horimiya. She is Shinomiya's older sister, and they had met at the weekend with Misaki.

"Ara, Kazuto-kun. What a coincidence to meet you here."

Horimiya said when she saw it was Kazuto.

Right now she was wearing a high school uniform, and not her usual kimono. She looked even more beautiful than usual, especially with her black hair in a ponytail accompanied by a dazzling smile that would make men who saw her unknowingly turn to her without blinking.

"Do you have something you need here, Horimiya-san?"

"Fufu, you can said like that, I wanted to head to the teacher's room and accidentally bump into you here."

"We're one way then, my class goes that way."

"A good coincidence. Let's go for a walk together then."

"Sure."

Kazuto followed her as there was no reason to refuse, and they went out together.

Horimiya was secretly smiling broadly, and Kazuto didn't notice it when he looked the other way.

"I saw you from the 1st grade building, did you just go to meet your sister?"

Horimiya suddenly asked.

"Ehh? No, that's not it. I went there to inform Misaki's friends that she was sick."

"Ohh my, Misaki-chan is sick? I hope she gets well soon."

Horimiya made a concerned face upon hearing that.

"Thanks for that. Ahh, we've arrived at the teacher's room. You just need to climb these stairs for a bit Horimiya-san."

They stopped walking as they stood in front of the stairs.

"Fufu, it's not like I never to school here, Kazuto-kun. You don't have to tell me."

"That's true, sorry."

"Okay, see you then."

Horimiya climbed the stairs after saying that.

Kazuto was about to warn her of something after seeing a yellow warning board placed on the floor.

"Horimiya-san, be careful the stairs-"

But the warning was too late.

"—Kyaah!"

Horimiya slipped and was about to fall backwards, she had already climbed 5 steps, so when she fell it would definitely hurt.

She closed her eyes and accept herself to falling.

"..."

But no matter how long she waited, she didn't feel any pain, until she finally opened eyes.

"Horimiya-san, are you alright?"

What greeted her when she opened her eyes was the face of Kazuto who was very close to hers.

"K-K-Kazuto-kun?"

*blush...

Horimiya's face blushed because they were too close, especially when she found out that she was being hugged in a princess carry by Kazuto. It's the first time she's been this close to a boy, moreover it's the person she likes! It was clear her heart was beating wildly.

"I wanted to say to be careful when escalade the stairs because it's slippery, it looks like it just finished in the mop. That was close, I barely caught you just now."

However, Kazuto didn't seem to notice how messed up Horimiya was.

"I-I-I-I see! So can you let me go by now!!?"

"A-Alright...."

Kazuto placed her gently on the floor right then and there.

"Huft... S-Sorry for suddenly yelling at you, I was just a little nervous and shocked earlier."

Horimiya took a breath to fade her nervousness, then bowed her head to Kazuto and apologized.

"It's okay, it usually happens."

"...."

She felt a little awkward now, moreover her cheeks still felt hot.

"T-Then excuse me, I have to go upstairs now."

She said as she climbed the stairs. This time she was more careful in taking steps to not fall again.

"Alright, see you soon Horimiya-san."

She paused for a moment as she looked back. The way Kazuto called her was enough to annoy her.

"B-By the way, from now on please just call me Hori, you must have a hard time calling my name because it's too long."

"?? Okay."

Kazuto tilted his head, but agreed since it was not big deal. Moreover, it was too tiring to call her name.

Horimiya smiled when Kazuto agreed.

"See you later then."

She ended up climbing the stairs until Kazuto couldn't see her anymore.

"I think it's time to go back to class."

Kazuto said as he continued his way to class.

It took a little while for him to reach his class.

"Morning, Kazuto."

"Kazuto-kun, good morning."

"Good morning, Kazuto."

Many people greeted him when he opened the classroom door. Naturally, it was because he was a popular student. Even on the way to his class earlier, he was greeted by the girls who were his fans, and it caused him a lot of trouble.

"Morning all."

Kazuto returned their greetings in a friendly manner, then walked over to his desk near the window.

"Tch, suck with your real life protagonist, riajuu, and all the good things that happen to you!"

Endou, who was the first in class, suddenly gave all kinds of curses while sitting next to him because he was jealous of Kazuto's popularity.

"Look at the luxurious life you had before seeing anyone else, and how many years has it been since you cast the same curse on me."

Kazuto replied as if this was a common occurrence in his daily life.

"Yeah, yeah. I don't want to hear it from someone like you."

"Stop saying the same lines before this hand suddenly pops in your face."

Endou raised his hand in surrender as Kazuto's fist almost reached his face.

"Okay, stop with this joke. Are you done with your business?"

"Yeah, I already told Misaki's friends that she's sick."

"You know, you shouldn't have to say it by yourself and can call the teacher, why bother by going alone."

The rooms for 1st class and 3rd class are far from each other, so it's a hassle going back and forth from there. That's why they met more often during lunch time and took a break in the central building, because it was easier met there.

"I promised Misaki to go say it by myself."

Endou laughed at that excuse.

"Hahaha, that's how you are."

He was silent for a moment after that, before speaking again.

"Hey, Kazuto."

"Hmm?"

Kazuto looked straight at Endou as the atmosphere seemed to change between them.

"Has it ever crossed your mind, that you like Misaki?"

Hearing that question made Kazuto frown.

"What do you mean, it's obvious I-"

The sentence was cut off by Endou.

"No, not as brothers. But as the opposite gender."

"...."

The tone Endou used clearly looked like someone was joking.

But, his blue eyes looked deep, as deep as the ocean that made Kazuto feel like he had sunk into the deep water. This was definitely not the usual Endou who was joking around.

Kazuto started to think.

Like Misaki? Yes, he clearly knew about his feelings. But the circumstances were too complicated, that he wouldn't be able to reveal them. If they weren't siblings, then he would confidently say 'yes' to Endou.

"I...I certainly like Misaki as my little sister, what else there? Why are you asking such a stupid question?"

But, unfortunately he was indeed his brother, so his relationship with Misaki would not go any further, or live up to his expectations. He could only stare closely, but that was all he could do. His existence as a brother makes him special, but his special qualities keep him from getting closer to Misaki.

So, he could only say taht with a poker face like he was fine. However, his heart felt irritated when he said it.

"Haha, that's true. Why would I ask such a stupid question."

Endou said while laughing and scratching his head.

Class started shortly after their conversation was over.
.....

Time passed until it was time to go home from school. Shinomiya, Sakura, Endou, and Kazuto gathered at the school's front gate as promised.

"Why are you coming?"

"Ehh? Since Aniki's sister is sick, of course I have to see her, right?"

And for some reason, Kenta also came along. I don't know where he got the information that Misaki was sick.

"Fine, whatever."

Kazuto sighed.

He let Kenta come along because he always kept his word, and he wasn't a bad person either even though his expression was quite sinister.

They walked after that because everyone had gathered. As they walked, Kazuto explained Misaki's special circumstances so they wouldn't be surprised when they saw her.

"So, when Misaki gets sick she will turn into someone else?"

Sakura asked curiously.

"Yeah, you can put it in that way. Her other personality is her brain's way of reducing the feeling of pain when she has a fever, in other words Misaki created another personality as a defense to keep herself from feeling pain, even if it was without her knowing it. Or that's what the doctor told us."

Kazuto explained to them.

"Then about this personality, how about it? I mean about traits or something."

Shinomiya asked.

He think for a moment before answering.

"Hmm, it would be best if you saw it for yourself, but if you want to explain, she looks like a 4 year old kid who needs her mother's attention."

"Mother's attention?"

Shinomiya tilted her head in confusion.

"That's why I told you to see by yourself, so you don't get confused."

"Shino-Chan, Sakura-chan, I'll tell you this to those of you who haven't seen Misaki when she has a fever. She's soooo cute, more than you can imagine!"

Endou started explaining in a strange way to them which made it even more confusing, what does Misaki really look like when she's sick?

They finally arrived at his house.

Kazuto went to open the lock of his house.

"Misaki, I'm home."

He then led the others into the living room and asked them to sit down.

"I'll get you a snack, just wait here."

He said as he was going to the kitchen.

However, as he walked, Misaki was seen peeking out from behind the wall az to keep her out of sight. But her whereabouts were soon discovered by Kazuto.

"Misaki?"

She immediately hid when Kazuto called out to her.

"Saki-chan?"

"Aniki's sister?"

Because Kazuto suddenly called Misaki's name, it made those in the living room curious and looked at the direction Kazuto was staring at.

"Misaki, come here."

Kazuto said calling her.

Misaki peeked again for a while before coming out of her hiding place. She then came towards Kazuto and hugged him.

""...""

3 pairs of eyes looked at her with confused and curious looks at her.

"Uhh, didn't I tell you that Misaki would look like a 4 year old who needs her mother's attention? That's what I mean. She thinks of me as her mother, and listens more to my words."

Kazuto repeated his previous explanation while stroking Misaki's head.

"You see, even her mother and father were not considered her parents by Misaki during this time, and overheard Kazuto's words."

Added Endou as an explanation. He seemed calm in this situation because he was used to seeing it.

"""Ohh..."""

The three of them began to understand Misaki's situation.

"Didn't I tell you to stay in your room to rest, why did you come out?"

Kazuto asked Misaki.

"....Toilet..."

Misaki replied curtly.

"Ah, I see."

Hearing it made him understand now. Misaki was using the toilet when they entered, that's why she came from the kitchen.

"Even though there is a bathroom upstairs too..."

Kazuto muttered with a sour face.

"Uwaahh, just like Endou-Senpai said, Misaki looks really cute! Look at that innocent face. Come over here Saki-chan, let's hug!"

Sakura said as she watched Misaki closely.

Misaki hid her face as Sakura drew closer to her. She then peeked slightly at her, and asked.

"Who...?"

The expression on her face looked like she didn't recognize her.

Sakura was taken aback by that.

"S-Saki-chan, you don't remember me?"

Sakura asked with a face like she was about to cry. Obviously, being forgotten by her friend would make her sad.

"I forgot to explain this. You know that sometimes people with multiple personalities don't share the same memories, and Misaki has that condition, so this is the first time Misaki's ego has met you. Even though she has the feeling that she has friends, she doesn't know who it is."

It was proven by her caring about her friends this morning, even though she didn't know who they were.

Kazuto didn't want to explain further about it, because they would understand.

"And here is my role as her 'parent.'"

He smirked as he said it.

"Misaki, those two are your friends."

Kazuto pointed at Sakura and Shinomiya.

Misaki looked at them with a slightly scared look, but she dared to face the two of them, then gently grabbed both of their hands together, and brought them closer to her face before she closed her eyes.

"Mhmm, mmm...."

"She's in the process of recognizing you, whether it's true that you guys are her friends or not."

Kazuto whispered to Sakura and Shinomiya, so they wouldn't be confused.

A moment later, Misaki opened her eyes with a gentle smile.

"Mhmm, you guys are my friends...I can feel it...."

Misaki then hugged them after saying that.

"Saki-chan..... So cute!!"

Sakura exclaimed shortly after Misaki let go of her embrace.

"That's right, what did I say?"

"Then....who is he...?"

Misaki asked as she pointed at Kenta.

"Ahh, I forgot you were here."

"Aniki, you are really mean to me...."

Ignoring his desperate sounding words, Kazuto pointed at her.

"He's a criminal, so don't go near him."

"...Uhm...criminals....Understood...."

Misaki then back and walked away from him.

"Aniki!!"

Kenta looked even more desperate now.

"Hahaha, you sure know how to destroy someone's life."

Endou laughed at that. It was a good thing he bringing Kenta here, that way he wouldn't be Kazuto's victim again.

"Misaki, Endou has also become a criminal, so don't go near him."

Kazuto's words instantly made him stop smiling. Endou then looked at Misaki stiffly.

"Criminals....shouldn't be near...."

Misaki was now also away from him while taking a few steps back.

"No!!! Misaki-chan!!!!!"

Misaki immediately hid behind Kazuto because it was Endou who suddenly shouted at her.

"Alright, let's stop playing games. Misaki, you should go back and rest in your room."

Kazuto could still feel that her fever had not gone down, so she told Misaki to rest more.

"...Carry me..."

Misaki spread her arms towards Kazuto so he could carry her.

"Aww, Saki-chan is too cute, she's like a little hamster!"

Sakura was irritated by Misaki's behavior with her pitiful face.

"Come on Misaki-chan, I'll carry you here."

Endou once again tried to approach Misaki, but failed. He actually really looks like a criminal that trying to kidnap his prey and made Misaki stays away from him.

"Umm, alright come here Misaki."

Kazuto finally agreed to carry her in princess style, just like he had done before with Horimiya.

"I'll take Misaki to her room, you guys have fun here, there's a card games and snakes and ladders under the table over there."

Kazuto said as he walked towards the stairs to the top floor.

"Snift....Snift....Snift...."

Misaki somehow behaved strangely by sniffing Kazuto's body, which made him wonder what she was doing.

"Misaki, what are you doing?"

".....Snift... Smell... Another.....Woman......"

Misaki stared at him intently, Even though her eyes looked blank and her face dazed, Kazuto could feel it.

"What?"

But he didn't really understand what it meant.

"I don't understand what you mean, just rest for now."

Kazuto said as he reached her room, and put Misaki on her bed.

"...Mmm...."

Misaki stopped staring intently, and her expression returned to its usual blankness.

She then lay down, and Kazuto put a blanket on her.

"Clever girl."

He stroked Misaki's head before leaving her room.

"Now, I have to take care of the kids and the clowns downstairs..."

Kazuto muttered. He then went into the kitchen and brought them cream cake and juice.

"Hey, that's cheating! How did the full house card get to you!?"

Arriving in the living room, there was already a commotion.

"Ahh, I'm not sure I can defend against 2 comedians, 1 smart and quiet girl, and 1 useless subordinate...."

Said Kazuto with a sigh as he entered the battlefield.

53