39. Trapped Between Hell And Heaven
1.4k 15 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jiii.....*

Two different pairs of eyes were staring at each other.

The two of them were creatures of different species, one was a cat that had flat eyes, and the other was Endou who looked at him curiously.

But the cat soon lost interest, as it turned his attention to the TV.

"Hmm, so this is the cat that Misaki was talking about?"

Endou asked Kazuto. It was the weekend, and he was at their house for playing. And this was the first time he had seen the pet they had recently raised.

"Yeah, that is so."

"He looks weird."

Endou said honestly.

"It's a line that always comes out when people see it for the first time."

"...Well, I'm fine with that. But.... Why is he controlling the TV? How are we supposed to play the game if it's like this."

Endou asked in surprise when he saw the TV remote under the cat's belly. When he tried to grab the remote, his hand was almost clawed by Natsu when he glared at him.

Which cat watches the morning news? Was he the reincarnation of a middle-aged man who used to sip coffee and read newspapers, and hear the news?

Endou's mind was almost right about that.

"This cat has been like that ever since he came into this house. Also, he doesn't like cat food. In fact, he prefers to eat meat with vegetables."

On the previous weekend, Misaki and Kazuto went to the pet shop to buy necessities for Natsu including vaccinating him to make him more immune. Everything was good at first until they were about to buy him some food.

Natsu didn't seem to like cat food when they were about to buy it. He instead pointed to food intended for humans.

"Okay if Natsu says so", was what Misaki said who agreed without making a fuss about it. At there, Kazuto questioned his own sanity. Was it the cat and Misaki that were weird, or was he the one who wasn't normal here? But the cat's metabolism seemed fine as he watched him for the past few days.

Another oddity is, Natsu uses the toilet to clean his stomach. He himself looked surprised when he entered the bathroom and saw a cat sitting on the toilet seat. If he had human arms, then he would definitely use them to read newspapers, Kazuto was sure of that. The sandbox they bought ended up being useless at that point.

"As I thought, this cat must be the incarnation of lazy old uncle!!"

Endou exclaimed who heard the story. How can a cat behave so humanly like that?

"It's up to you what you think of it."

Kazuto replied with a sigh. He seemed to no longer care about the cat's identity.

"The problem now, how to play the game if he controled the TV?"

Endou whispered to Kazuto. He was afraid that the cat would hear it, because after hearing the story, he felt that the cat understood human language. On the other hand, he had gone to great lengths to bring the game DVD he had just bought here to play with. He would feel a waste if he wasn't played here.

"He only listens to Misaki, so just ask her for it."

Hearing Kazuto's answer, Endou immediately called Misaki with a shout.

"Misaki! Please, help us!"

His screams looked like someone was in serious trouble, even though they just wanted to play a game.

Endou waited for a while, but there was no answer or sound of footsteps from above.

"She's probably asleep or reading a book upstairs. Better not to disturb her time, and just wait for her to come here."

Kazuto said.

"How long do you think we should wait?"

"Afternoon at the earliest, and at the latest when dinner will arrive."

"Isn't that the same as we have to sit here for 8 hours and accompany this cat to watch TV!!?"

Endou shouted while pointing at the cat who was lazily watching TV. When he was suddenly pointed, he just stared at Endou flatly with a yawn before returning to watching.

"You cat has no morals! Give me the remote!"

Endou was about to snatch the remote from Natsu, but what he got was a slap and a scratch on his face.

"Ouch! My goodness, stop! Stop scratching! I admit I was wrong!"

Endou lost badly while lying on the floor with scratches all over his face.

Natsu just snorted seeing him then sat back in his original place comfortably and watched the TV show he was interested in.

"...The storm is gonna hit the coast as far as Tokyo next Wednesday, hopefully for residents in the area to be prepared for it by buying food supplies......"

Yes, Natsu really looked like an uncle when he enjoyed watching the news. No, it was indeed an unknown reality.

Ignoring that, Endou who was lying stiff on the floor looked at Natsu in disbelief.

"H-How can that cat be that fast.... Kugh.."

Hearing Endou's last words before died, Kazuto replied

"You should know, if Natsu wasn't that fast I would definitely have taken the TV remote from him."

"You mean he's not an ordinary cat?"

Endou asked curiously as he stood up.

"You should have seen him earlier, right? When he ran, only his shadow was visible."

"Tch, is he a cheetah or something? Does his running ability come from a beast gene?"

"Don't fantasize too much, he... he's just a cat that's faster than a normal cat, that's all."

"You even looked doubtful when you said that."

Kazuto just shrugged at his words. He himself did not understand how a cat could run to create a shadow.

"Obviously, we can't play without Misaki's help here."

"Ugh... This frustration has made me being summoned by nature."

Endou said as he felt the call of nature coming, then walked towards the toilet.

"Ahh sorry, but the bathroom over there is broken. Just use the one above."

"Okay.."

Endou changed direction and walked upstairs through the stairs.

Climbing the stairs, he passed Kazuto's room and stopped for a moment in front of Misaki's room. He was about to call her to help them to made Natsu move, but immediately canceled his intention.

"She might get mad if I interrupt her reading time..."

He mumbled as he continued on his way to the bathroom.

But actually doing so will bring disaster to himself. If only he knew what was going to happen in the next 5 seconds...-no. If he had known what was going to happen in the next 2 seconds, he would never have opened the bathroom door.

Without knowing what would happen, Endou threw the door wide open.

Until he realized, that Misaki was standing in front of the clothes rack and was drying herself with a towel.

"Eh....?"

Misaki and Endou came face to face.

Silence....

No sound entered Endou's ears as he looked at Misaki who was in front of him, who was barely covered at all.

Her wet hair, clinging to her white skin glowed from the reflection of the light from the water. Even though it was covered in a towel, the curves of its immature body were also visible.

Drops of water flowing down made him more tempting and confused his mind.

Ghup!!

Endou who saw the sight had a nosebleed that he had to cover it with his hands.

It would have been a beautiful sight for a lifetime if Misaki had not looked at him with his dark face and.

He finally realized what had happened.

The luck he was feeling right now was sure take him from heaven to hell in one go.

"Uhm.... Looks like I'm in the wrong room...."

Before anything bad happened, Endou was about to escape by closing the door. However

"Endou-san~ can you wait at the front?"

Misaki's monotone voice coupled with her dark smile, made him freeze from his want to close the half-closed door.

Misaki looked so furious. Endou thought who saw her smiling with a dark face. Moreover, he was called by honorifics which obviously made her even more scared.

"Ahaha, I have some business at home, so it's seem I have to hurry to get home—"

"This is an order, don't run away."

The sentence was cut short by Misaki's cold voice.

"Yeah...."

With that said, Endou with a downcast face closed the door to await his punishment.

Ahaha... Looks like I'll have to make another coffin.....
He thought with a resigned face.

What character the most you like this far? Vote, and tell me in comment section
  • A. Misaki Votes: 122 81.3%
  • B. Kazuto Votes: 17 11.3%
  • C. Sakura and Shinomiya Votes: 28 18.7%
  • D. Endou Votes: 37 24.7%
  • E. Natsu Votes: 20 13.3%
Total voters: 150
39