42. Storm
1.2k 7 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tarr!

"So this is what he meant for 'little longer'."

Endou muttered with a sigh.

The sky was getting darker now, the rumbling sound that was limited to a small sound had now changed as flashes of lightning followed by roaring sound, and strong winds blew away plants, trees, and anything in its path. The roof of the house can even be blown off if not installed properly. This is definitely not an ordinary rain phenomenon, because it is not rain, but a storm. This phenomenon had been reported a few days earlier so that residents could prepare for it. Everyone should have been prepared for this, be it evacuating to another area that wasn't hit by the storm, or by staying and preparing food for a few days.

Yes. Everything should be fine, except for certain people who have problems with lightning phobia.

Tarrr!

"Uwaa! Endou. It's the sound of thunder, the sound of thunder!"

Snuggled beside him, Misaki with a frightened face and teary eyes continued to hold onto his arm tightly as if she would not let go no matter what.

"Relax Misaki, it's just lightning."

Endou tried his best to calm Misaki down. He already knew that Misaki was afraid of the flashes and sounds of thunder. However this was the first time he had to take care of her in this state, since it was Kazuto who used to do it.

"It's not just lightning! It's definitely lightning!!"

"What's the difference between the first word and the last word?"

"Don't tsukkomi on me! Our roles are reversed if you do!"

"Fine..."

Tarrr!

"Ah...!!"

Misaki was getting more and more scared as the sound of the thunder got closer and continued to cower.

Seeing her like this made Endou have to take the initiative to calm her down.

He slowly wrapped his arms around Misaki and made her fall into his arms. He could feel his back shaking with fear. He didn't know why Misaki was so afraid of the lightning flashes and roars that came out, but seeing her like this definitely made him worry about how she when grow up. She couldn't just rely on strangers around when she was out alone.

"Hey. Calm down, a hero is here with you. So stop crying."

He said to make Misaki calmer.

"Sob... What hero is even beaten by the older brother of the person he's trying to protect."

Those words somehow pierced him.

"Kahk... Your words gave me good critical damage. I need to go to the doctor immediately to check my health."

"Why don't you just go to a mental hospital to check your psyche."

"You...."

Misaki giggled a little after being joked by him.

It made Endou smile faintly because he could at least lessen her fear.

After some time passed, the sound of the thunder down a bit, and it started to be replaced by a strong wind.

Drrrrrrr.....

The wind made the windows vibrate and creak from being too strong.

"You seem to have to stay here until the storm subsides. It's impossible to escort you in this weather."

Endou forgot that today there would be a storm because he didn't go to school. The school must have announced it, and will be canceling lessons during this time.

"Uhm, you're right."

Misaki replied while looking out to the window.

Misaki was also careless as a result of being too sleepy to pay attention to this. If she had kept her focus, then this wouldn't have happened.

Now she is worried about Natsu and Kazuto's condition at home. Can they take good care of themselves there? No one can cook at home, although Kazuto is quite good, he can also destroy the kitchen due to his lack of cooking skills.

"By the way.... can you stop hugging me?"

Misaki asked.

He only realized this after he had calmed down quite a bit now.

Since when did he hug me? She thought.

"Ahh... sorry, I'm doing this because it's what Kazuto usually does to calm you down."

Endou replied awkwardly and immediately let go by his embrace.

"No, it's fine, I can rest easy, thanks to you earlier."

Misaki said without having a disturbed expression.

Endou breathed a sigh of relief that Misaki didn't scold him.

"But you seem to have taken anvantage by hugging me, how should I punish you, huh?"

Those words made him freeze. He then looked stiffly at Misaki's face, and saw that she had made a cold grin.

"Umm... I didn't mean it like that, I swear!"

The panicked Endou replied.

He had got a lesson for being punished by her last weekend, and he didn't want what happened of that day to repeat again.

Seeing him like that made Misaki laugh and soften her expression. She was actually just toying with her earlier to see her reaction.

"Hahaha, I was just kidding. So stop making that kind of expression."

"....."

Endou pouted when he heard that and remained silent as he looked at er with irritated eyes.

"Okay, I'm sorry. It seems you're still traumatized from yesterday."

Misaki said as she giggling.

Endou could only sigh and answer

"You're only going to get karma for doing this, you know?"

Misaki was still giggling when she heard that.

"No way. I was just joking a bit anyway-"

Tarrrr!!

Her giggling immediately stopped as a flash of lightning and thunder roared louder than before.

Misaki whose face was now distorted by fear immediately hugged Endou's arm because of that.

"See? Now who's hugging who? You seem to have taken advantage of hugging me. What punishment should I give, huh?"

Her words were now twisted by Endou. Now it's his turn to grin.

"I-I, you! This is clearly a misunderstanding!"

Misaki who was blushing because of the table that had been turned over, was speechless and pouted her cheeks. There was no way she would have known that lightning would strike like that.

Endou laughed because she looked adorable, and pinched her cheeks lightly.

"You should be grateful for being hugged by a pretty girl like me, and stop pinching."

Misaki said as she brushed his arm away. But once again Endou pinched her from the other side, which made Misaki stare at him disgruntled. But she still let it be because she felt this was her way of repaying the joke she had done.

"Yeah, yeah. I know you are the most beautiful princess in the world. Are you satisfied now?"

"No thanks. I don't want that kind of title, and I'm not a princess either."

"But you are still my princess."

"Haa... It's up to you what you want to call me."

They were silent after that.

While looking at the storm that seemed to never subside, the flow of silence continued.

Pluck..*

Until Misaki suddenly leaned against Endou's chest.

"Misaki?"

"...."

She didn't answer when called by Endou.

Endou looked at Misaki's face and found that she had fallen asleep again when her eyes were closed. He could feel a gentle breeze brushing his face from Misaki's breath.

"Well, she must have been surprised by that thunder."

Endou muttered.

When Misaki was asleep, a storm suddenly hit with a loud rumble. It made Misaki wake up from her sleep with a shocked and frightened face. It had clearly disturbed her sleep, and now that the lightning had stopped and the drowsiness had returned to her again. And now she's back to sleep.

"Haa...It's not even night yet and she's already fast asleep."

He said. He then stood up and carried Misaki in his arms.

"I'll finish it later."

He muttered as he looked at the papers strewn across the table. After that he walked out of his office and opened the door.

When he went out from the room, Raphael was waiting behind the door. It took him by surprise and almost screamed.

"Raphael, this is the second time you've surprised me today. Do you want to be fired?"

He was quite upset about it today. Especially after he left those mysterious words to him, and didn't tell him about the impending storm.

"You certainly wouldn't do that. I can assure you."

Raphael answered confidently as if it was certain, accompanied by a deep smile on his straight face.

"Tch."

Endou clicked his tongue.

At that nonchalant attitude Raphael's smile deepened.

"Stop smiling like that. You look annoying."

Endou would never fire him. After all, he was the one who had taken care of him since childhood and Endou had considered him a second parent.

"Sorry for my rudeness."

Raphael replied. Despite saying that, he still smiled in the same way.

Endou didn't care anymore and was about to hand Misaki over to him.

"Take Misaki to the bedroom. She's too tired, so make her sleep as comfortable as possible."

"As your order."

Endou then handed over the sleeping Misaki, but Raphael stopped when he was about to pick her up. It was because Misaki was tightly holding onto Endou's shirt, and her face was also contorted as if displeased.

"Heee... Looks like the opportunity I was given was not wasted. You seem like one step closer to Misaki, Young Master."

"W-What do you mean, Misaki and I are not like that."

Endou tried to deny it, but with his blushing face it was obvious.

Raphael could only chuckle at his young master.

"I'm really thinking about firing you right now, Raphael."

"Sorry sir, but I am a person who is always honest in expressing myself, so please forgive this servant of yours."

"A person who is honest in expressing yourself? I've never seen that in you who just has a stiff face in front of other people. And how should I take care of this?"

Endou asked as he looked at Misaki who was sleeping.

"Well, that's your business. Don't expect my help."

With that sentence, Raphael disappeared and fled.

"HEY-'"

Endou was about to scream because he was so annoyed to have that strange butler, but immediately stopped when he remembered that Misaki was still sleeping in his arms.

"Haa...."

In the end, he could only sigh tiredly.

"By the way, if you're looking for another maid, then I can only tell you to give up. They're busy taking care of the house because of the storm..."

Raphael's voice echoed through the corridor, but the person himself wasn't there. Endou somehow felt he was a ninja because it bothered him.

"Regardless, letting Misaki sleep on the bed is something I have to prioritize."

Once again Endou looked at Misaki's sleeping face. She looked so comfortable sleeping in his arms.

"Haa..."

Endou sighed again, then walked away with Misaki in his arms.

"All right. Here we are."

Endou said when he entered a certain room.

This is his own room.

Inside there are a large collection of rare toys that are placed on a glass shelf. One of them is Minerva's card, The Exalted Lightsworn which Misaki won in a small tournament when they visited Akihabara that time. And it's combined with other cards from the Yu Gi-Oh series like the Ascention Sky Dragon, or Doomcaliber Knight, and others. And among all that, the only thing that looked special was the card Misaki gave him. It was because he had framed it with an intricate yet beautiful ornament in silver, and it was placed right in the middle among the other cards. That was how he really appreciated Misaki's gift.

He had also completed all of his rare collectibles, and if all the cards were put together and sold, they could be worth over hundreds of thousands of yen. But of course he wasn't going to sell it, after all he had more money than that.

Endou then put Misaki on his bed slowly. This time he didn't argue like before. Endou then covered her with a blanket so she wouldn't catch a cold.

"Well, the problem is where should I sleep now?"

The house, or more accurately called the mansion, because because it is the size of a football field, of course it will have many bedrooms. Whether it was used by him, as well as servants or guests of course there would still be plenty of space left. But he was afraid to leave Misaki alone here.

Endou also deliberately left the light on knowing that Misaki was also afraid of the dark.

"I think I'll sleep on the floor."

He took the blanket and pillow and slept on the floor. Seeing Misaki always sleeping made him sleepy and wanted to sleep too. It's not even night yet. But because of fatigue resulting from just looking at paper and writing since the morning made his brain tired.

Even though he was lying on the floor, he was able to fall asleep quickly because he had a soft fur rug as the base.

He slowly closed his eyes. His consciousness also slowly disappeared with that, and Endou fell asleep.

During that time, he had no idea that something was moving and coming towards him. All he knew was that something soft was coming towards him which made him hug it unconsciously.

---

"Master Endou, Miss Misaki, it's time for dinner."

Raphael came knocking on Endou's door to tell them it was dinner time.

But there was no answer from the side of the door.

"Master Endou, Miss Misaki?"

Still no answer from them after the call. Worried that something might happen, Raphael finally opened the door.

He couldn't help but fall silent as he looked inside before laughing in a small voice.

“Hohoo, our young master does indeed seem to have taken it one step further here.”

His worries were unnecessary as they were sleeping together and cuddling each other under the covers comfortably.

But why are they sleeping on the floor?

Raphael wondered when he saw the oddity.

He didn't know that Misaki was actually sleeping on the bed while Endou chose to sleep on the floor.

But somehow Misaki got to the floor. It was possible that he was experiencing a sleepwalking phenomenon or something like that. No one knows what really happened.

"Well, whatever it is..."

Raphael turned around.

"Have a good night's sleep."

The door closed after he said those words.

Raphael was somehow in a happy mood right now.
---
---
---
---
---
---

Meanwhile at the same time.

In a shabby apartment without adequate lighting due to a power cut, a man hastily stuffed his things into a large bag. With the help of the light from the flashlight, he continued to stuff what he needed into his bag while grumbling furiously. His hands that quickly took the clothes, money, and things he thought were valuable and could be sold like there was no tomorrow for him.

"Shit, shit, shit! I hope those trash cops haven't spotted me before I get out of this town!"

With a snort coming out of his nose, he continued talking to himself.

"Hmph! Why do I have to go through this troublesome thing for just killing someone."

Her name is Akiko Yoshida. The main culprit of the last night's murder.

He lived by working as a laborer. And as a result of that, he lived in poverty. There's nothing special about it. As a result of accumulated fatigue, he relieves his depression with alcohol and is also a gambling addict. For the last part, as a result of his addiction, he has a debt that he can't afford to pay through his salary as a laborer so he ends up being chased by debt collectors. And through that chain of events, he makes the worst choice he has ever made in his life if he were a normal human with sympathy.

He killed the debt collector.

"But that sensation of prickling his body..........UHAHAHA! YES, IT WAS SO FUN! WHAT'S WRONG TO KILL SOMEONE THAT MAKE TROUBLE ON ME? HAHAHA!"

His face, which looked frustrated earlier, was now distorted by a manic look with an unpleasant laugh as he recalled his murderous actions. People who look at him will definitely think he's crazy or experiencing mental disorders due to stress.

There was no remorse for him after killing. Instead, he felt relieved that he had managed to shake off his frustration.

"...AHAHAHA...."

Knock! Knock! Knock!

His loud laughter had to stop when he heard a knock from outside the door and made him wary as he picked up a stick.

"Was it the cops? There's no way they'd managed to sniff me out so quickly. Plus, there is still a storm out there. What madman would be walking around at a time like this?"

He slowly approached the door as the knocking sound continued.

Stopping at the door, he peeked through the doorway only to see a white-haired boy.

"A kid?"

Filled with confusion, he was about to shoo the kid away for bothering him.

However.

The boy suddenly smiled as his eyes glanced at him as if he knew someone was behind the door.

.........

The stormy with the sound of wind and lightning flashing still continued that night.

---
--
---
--
---

Well, you know, actually in the last part there is much thing I change because there are too many abnormal scenes for this novel. Well, since it limited to show up too much of that even with supranatural genre that support me, and just promotional for his novel too, let's just we leave it and throw that away. It's not important anyway 

┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ) 

37