44. Waiting The Day That Will Come
1.2k 7 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Onii-chan, I'm coming in."

Misaki said while carrying the tray in her hand.

"Yeah... Cough, cough!"

Misaki immediately entered after that.

In inside, Kazuto was sitting and leaning on his bed with a languid smile on his face as he looked at her.

"I made you porridge and a bowl of hot soup. I'm sure you haven't eaten since last night."

"Cough....Whose fault do you think it is. I've lost the best chef in the world and was forced to look for her in the middle of a storm...cough cough..... And it had to be like this."

Even so he was still joking with Misaki while making a smile.

"Stop kidding. How's your fever?"

Misaki asked worriedly. Hearing him keep coughing made her heart uncomfortable.

Kazuto only had a sour expression seeing her worried face.

Misaki then put the tray on the table and approached him.

"Try using your forehead. You might know how it feels."

"Uhh, like this?"

Misaki unhesitatingly approached by climbing onto the bed and bringing her forehead together with Kazuto's, then her two small hands lightly touched his cheeks. Kazuto could clearly feel her fingers that were soft like cotton. And obviously it brought their faces so close, that Kazuto's face was painted a deep red color.

After a while, Misaki finally separated herself from him.

"I can feel Onii-chan's skin like coals of fire, are you sure you don't want to go to the hospital? Your face is even really red."

She said in a worried tone.

"Cough, cough! You always do things spontaneously..Cough, cough, cough!"

Kazuto replied who had come to his senses after being frozen for a while.

"Yeah?? Didn't Onii-chan ask for it himself?"

Misaki had a questioning face. Has she made a mistake?

Seeing his sister so innocent made Kazuto sigh. No, he himself was actually at fault here for overreacting. He didn't expect Misaki to immediately do as he said.

"For now, Onii-chan should eat."

Misaki then took a bowl of porridge from the tray that was placed on the table, then sat down beside him.

"Here, I'll feed you."

She said as she held out the spoon to Kazuto's mouth.

"I can do it myself..."

He replied as he dodged the spoon. He thought it was too childish.

"Come on. Can't you just let your little sister take care of you? It's rare to see Onii-chan sick."

In contrast to herself who easily catches a fever, Kazuto has a strong immune system because always doing physical exercises, so he rarely gets sick. Even though she also often jogs in the morning and sometimes plays basketball against Kazuto, but why is she so easy to catch a fever just because she gets hit by raindrops? It made her very jealous of Kazuto, even though in the past when she was still himself, he sometimes got sick. And the saddest thing was that his own sister never even tried to approach him or ask him how he was.

Why is the world so unfair!!!!

That's what Misaki's heart sounds like. Starting from her weak immunity to the events of her bleak past, she always thinks that fate is playing a trick on her.

At least that was the case until she remembered her purpose for being reborn.

Calm down Misaki, remember that you want to be Kazuto's ideal sister now, so that he doesn't have the same fate as you. Yes, let's stay positive like that!! On the other hand, Kazuto is also taking care of me back, so this definitely has good reciprocity!!

And that was how she now, always tried to take care of Kazuto when he was sick.

"Come on Onii-chan, the plane will explode in your face if you don't eat it soon."

"Cough.. That's definitely not a sentence used to comfort a sick person!"

Misaki kept forcing Kazuto to open his mouth so she could feed him.

"Okay, okay. I give up..."

Kazuto finally gave up and ate the porridge from Misaki's mouthful.

"Smart onii-chan! Let's take another bite of mine!"

"You...Cough, seems to be having fun treating me as a kid here...."

Misaki couldn't help but laugh because it was the truth.

Kazuto sighed once again and just silently accepted his mouthful after that.

"Hmm, hmm. And so, Onii-chan is very smart."

Meanwhile Misaki continued to tease him in that way.

He had finished all his porridge including the soup, and he looked better now.

Misaki became happy about that as she put the dirty bowls onto the tray. But a change in expression occurred after that.

"But you know Onii-chan...."

"Y-Yes?"

Kazuto who could clearly feel the sudden change had a cold sweat run down his back when he heard Misaki's deeper voice.

W-Now what else? Am I going to be scolded for not taking a shower last night?

He closed his eyes thinking Misaki would do something to him.

But what he was thinking didn't really happen as his chest started to feel heavy.

Kazuto slowly opened his eyes, and found Misaki had leaned against him while hugging him with wet eyes.

"..."

Now he was shocked by the fact that Misaki was crying in his chest.

W-What exactly happened!? How should I handle this situation!

Kazuto didn't know the reason why Misaki suddenly cried because she didn't hear any explanation. But he finally came to his senses when he heard her say.

"Why are you putting yourself in danger by going outside in a storm!"

"Don't you know how surprised I was when Onii-chan tried to break through the storm to find me? Sob....It scared me."

Ah, so that's it.

Kazuto became aware of the reason Misaki was suddenly crying.

"Don't worry, cough...as you can see I'm fine."

He said while trying to calm Misaki down.

"What if something were to happen to you! The thought of you walking between those strong winds and lightning made me very worried, and now you're even sick. If you get hit by lightning or get hit by a tree, it won't end with just a minor injury!"

Misaki has since cherished his worries because of Endou's existence. He'll definitely mock her if he sees this. But since he was gone, now she can take it off freely.

"Relax, kuhum. As you can see, I didn't get hit by anything dangerous. See?"

"But still!"

Obviously the main reason Misaki was so worried about him was because of her trauma.

She once died from a strange lightning strike. Even though it happened when he was 17 years old and it still took about 4 years for it to happen, but this unexplained natural phenomenon could happen today, this week, or next month. No one knows when that will happen. So she was terrified to hear Kazuto running here and there looking for her in the storm.

If he died from the same thing, and was left here alone, then what was the life she had been living for all this time. What is the purpose of her life after that? She didn't want to imagine it. The life she hoped for would never come true if that happened.

"Nah, nah, nah, please don't cry. Cough..... I understand your concern."

Kazuto said as he patted Misaki's back.

"I'm not a baby anymore..."

Misaki complained.

"But your behavior is one of them. You should be aware yourself too, right?"

"...."

Misaki was silent about it.

Kazuto was right, she was whining like a child. And she was so embarrassed as she didn't want to admit it.

"I'm glad you're so worried about me."

"But I did that because I didn't hear anything from you, so that worried me too, so I started looking for you. If you were in my position, what would you do?"

"Of course I'll keep waiting because there's no way Onii-chan would do anything risky in that situation."

"Cough, cough! At least tell me you'll do the same so my heart doesn't hurt too much."

Kazuto replied who smiled wryly at her logical words. But Misaki didn't finish her sentence yet.

"...But, if I didn't see you after such a long time, then I would definitely start looking for Onii-chan in a panic, even if I had to break trough the storm with fear."

"...."

That answer was enough to give Kazuto a warm feeling. He felt as if he was healed after hearing that.

"Cough, cough..."

Yes. Of course it was just his imagination.

Seeing him keep coughing made Misaki feel even more guilty.

"I'm sorry, it's my fault that Onii-chan got sick. If I had contacted you earlier, you wouldn't be like this."

"Never mind. Didn't I say it's okay? And stop crying, you're only making your brother feel worse."

Kazuto said as he wiped her tears.

"Okay..."

Misaki replied while rubbing her eyes.

Kazuto smiled faintly at his little sister who looked like an adorable little animal. He then slowly wrapped his arms around Misaki. Misaki didn't resist at all as her face buried in his chest.

"Hmm..."

Kazuto was thinking of a way to relieve Misaki of guilt while starting to stroke her head, until he came up with an idea.

"Ahh, since it's your fault that I'm sick, how about you pay it back by coming with me next Sunday."

"Going on a Sunday?"

Misaki asked as she looked up at Kazuto's face to be exact.

Does he want to buy something?

Misaki wondered to herself.

"Yes. I want to go to the aquarium that recently opened in Tokyo."

Misaki immediately frowned upon hearing the word Tokyo, and new.

If it was Tokyo, then there would definitely be a lot of people from morning to night. Misaki doesn't like being in crowded places because she's afraid of stares and strangers around her. And if it's about a new place, then it's definitely going to be crowded too, because of people's curiosity about that place. And if those two things were combined, then the crowd would be doubled, so ofcourse that is such a place would be a nightmare for her.

"You can't?"

Kazuto could already guess that, judging by Misaki's character.

But an unexpected answer came out of his mouth.

"...Okay. I'm coming."

"Cough, are you sure?"

Kazuto asked as his eyes blinked a few times.

"Umm."

At his question, Misaki nodded.

She agrees out of guilt. But other than that, she also wanted to change from this state. Her fear of strangers have to go away because she couldn't continue to br hanging on those closest friends or Kazuto if she wanted to get out fro. her situation. She has also got progressed by being able to interact with people at her school.

Thank you for those who sent her love letters and expressed their feelings, your services will not be forgotten because it has strengthened Misaki's mental a little. Yes, although 99.99% of you guys are never mentioned by name at all and that's just the annoying part.

(Your way to say it is really cruel, Third PoV)

Shut up.

"Then don't blame me if you suddenly whine, okay?"

"Hmph, I won't."

Misaki snorted.

She seemed to have returned to being herself again. The diversion mission was successful, so Kazuto smiled in satisfaction.

"We'll see, cough, cough..."

"But first you have to get well."

"Yeah. Don't worry, I'll be fine. I have a sister who's more skilled than a nurse, after all."

"Hmph! Your words won't make me happy."

"Then what does that smile and those red cheeks mean? Cough, cough."

"It's not like that!"

And that's how their day was filled.

Anyway, Misaki was sick the next day because she was infected by Kazuto which she had to replaced by her alter ego with again, so Kazuto who was equally sick had to take care of her, while also looking forward to the weekend.

----

----

Saturday night, or you could call it part of the weekend.

The days that are awaited by workers, be it people from factories or white-collared people will definitely look forward to that day to rest well after going through tiring days. School student must also look forward to those days, and use the time to play.

"Gosh, this is harder than I thought."

With white hair that blended into the floor, a child was lying on his back with a tired face.

"Thinking about changing a bad future is a bit harder than I thought."

The boy repeated the sentence again more fully when he opened his eyes. The color of his blue irises as deep as the ocean looked dazzling like a gem.

Various thoughts crossed his mind as he stared at the ceiling in an erratic manner.

"But.... At least, doing that makes people's futures brighter, doesn't it? I'm doing right things, is it right, Senior?"

There was no real answer to that question since he was the only one breathing here.

So, once again, he closed his eyes.

However, the ringing sound of his cell phone made him have to open his eyes again.

"....Mom?"

His expression frowned slightly when he saw his vibrating cell phone and saw his mother's name calling.

But she smiled gently as if something happy had happened.

"Yeah mom, you need something?"

His words upon receiving the call were far from the tired voice before. His voice revealed tenderness and a faint happiness when he saw his family again.

An angry and worried voice came out of his cell phone as the boy answered the phone.

"Yes. I remember that tomorrow we are all going to the aquarium park."

"Why did I take so long to buy bird food?"

The boy looked around for an excuse.

"Erm, there's an ice storm hitting me?"

There was a moment of silence before a loud sound of anger exploded in his ears.

The boy laughed wryly because he thought he would be deaf if he heard it once again.

"Haha, yes mom. I'll be home soon, I was just taking a little walk outside. By the way, tell Hikari I also bought her her favorite ice cream."

His mouth let out cold dew again as he exhaled.

"Mmm, yeah. All right."

The call ended after that, and he put his cell phone in his pocket.

He then stopped lying down as he stood up and walked away, stepping over several cold bodies lying down and completely motionless as if they didn't exist.

"Ah, by the way..."

But he stopped when he reached the door.

"...Let's meet again in hell later."

After saying that while smiling slightly while glancing behind him, he exited the building. Leaving those who have nothing to do with what happens to future.

"I'm really looking forward to tomorrow."

He said with a faint smile. He thought deeply about what might happen later.

---

---

---

---

Again, I change and edit much thing in here, like how he spoke to 'them' before died and how he 'eleminated' them. 

So, let's just move away again 

┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ) 

Is this story feel like more and more bad since we reveal new character?I always have plan about him
  • I feel something similiar with other novel Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Yeah, I feel weird when supranatural things comes up Votes: 17 20.0%
  • Well, I feel like he's one of the key to know how/why the're reincarnated Votes: 20 23.5%
  • Still the same for me as long asMisaki still cute and funny Votes: 44 51.8%
  • Bad as f*ck ←_← Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 85
31