46. We’re Meet Too Soon!!
945 2 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Misaki and Kazuto continued to walk around.

All filled with water wherever they walked.

That's certainly what you'd expect to happen when you step into a place like this.

Species such as sharks, turtles, and rays were what Kazuto was most interested in after Misaki noticed it.

His eyes could not escape from one of them so Misaki would had to woke him up every time it happened.

"Come to think of it, since when did Onii-chan start liking fish?"

Misaki asked in confusion.

If it's not wrong Misaki used to also really like fish, and love buying a magazine about underwater. Even so, she did not want to buy and raise one of them because she felt it was troublesome.

"It's been a while. I don't know why I started to like them."

Kazuto himself was a bit confused by that which made Misaki even more wondering.

"Then why not just keep fish at home? We can buy it after get home."

Kazuto thought for a while before answering.

"No, it's too much trouble."

Misaki giggled at that answer. It was really the same answer as her sister.

Wait, the same answer as her sister?

Misaki frowned. He didn't really favor sea animals in the past. Then what caused Kazuto to like those things? Obviously that was strange, because normally his innate nature wouldn't change by a small thing. The reason Kazuto became this current Kazuto was because there was a self from the future that influenced him. So it's a little strange to see him like watching sea animals, just like Misaki used to.

Shouldn't it be.....

Suspicion was cut from her brain when she heard Kazuto speak.

"And Natsu will definitely eat it when he sees it."

"Haha, that can't be happening. Maybe the thing he'll do is take it to the frying pan and cook it first."

"If the cat is Natsu, then I will believe it."

"Hahaha, yes. I would also believe it if he did it."

The suspicion was finally buried by the sound of their laughter.

Misaki and Kazuto then went to watch the dolphin show.

"Woah, look at that Misaki. The dolphin jumps high from the water."

"Umm! That's so cool!"

Even though they had watched it on TV, the feeling of watching it live was much more amazing than they thought.

They continued to watch until the end and it was replaced with a seal attraction after that. It didn't stop there, they also watched cute penguins which made Misaki very excited and wanted to hug them. But sadly she couldn't and had to leave disappointed.

"What's this?"

Ask Misaki confusedly when she saw a the pinguin doll in Kazuto's hand.

"For you."

Kazuto replied with a smile.

"You looked like you really wanted to hug them, so since I couldn't take you there, I bought you a doll. Look, it looks soft and fluffy."

He said as he showed how delicate the doll was by stroking it. He was clearly teasing Misaki while making a smirk.

Huaa, I want to pet it too....N-No Misaki, you can't be tempted by that! B-But I also want to pet it….Don't!

Misaki has an inner conflict. As a former male, she didn't really want to show her nature and hobby of collecting dolls, but it seemed that she had to give up to her desire and immediately took and hugged the penguin doll.

"Ehehe, it's true that the fur feels smooth. Hehe..."

Shortly after that, Misaki finally came to her senses as her face slowly turned red, then slowly looked at Kazuto who had been grinning at her.

"You seem to like that a lot."

"Th-It's not like that! I-I just want to feel the fur!"

Kazuto couldn't help but chuckle at such an excuse.

"D-Don't laugh, idiot! I told you it's not like that!"

"Hahaha alright, I see. Let's look at another place again."

Misaki could only follow him shyly as she covered her blushing face with the doll. She couldn't believe the old events would happen again.

Misaki and Kazuto continued to walk around the places, until finally starving when it was noon.

"Wait here. I'm going to the toilet first."

"Umm, fine."

"Don't go anywhere, understand? I'll be in trouble later if you disappear."

"Hmph. Onii-chan thinks I'm a kid, huh?"

Misaki made a sullen face as she looked at Kazuto.

"I'll believe it if my little sister doesn't disappear from here."

Kazuto turned his back on Misaki and disappeared after that.

"Hmph."

On the other hand, Misaki was staring at where he was last seen while leaning on the pole behind her.

"Well, it's a little nice to come here anyway."

She muttered as she looked at the doll in her hand.

She had never been to this place before, not even in her past life. So she was amazed when she first entered here. There were many kinds of living creatures under the sea that she had never seen or known before until finally saw them here.

"I wonder who's making someone happy here,"

Besides, seeing Kazuto having fun here also made her happy. She felt it was worth it by being reborn as Misaki. Although there were many things she didn't like about her transformation, but she had more things to like, that she didn't even have in her previous life. Now she no longer felt bad about having to live like this. Instead, she wanted to thank for having a second chance at life.

"But really, who is that girl that Kazuto is close to."

Misaki asked with a sullen face.

Misaki was too worried about with who Kazuto would date. Because if the person who was with him turned out to have other intentions, it would definitely hurt Kazuto. Then what she had been trying to do to make him smile ended up being in vain.

"I've never seen her at all. If she wasn't a nice person, then I wouldn't have made her as his bride at all."

And because she was too worried making her overprotective with Kazuto's relationship problems with other girls.

"Huwaaaaa...."

"Hmm?"

But she had to put that aside to a corner of her brain when she heard the sound of a child crying.

She immediately looked in the direction of the voice came from and saw a little girl crying alone in the corner of the wall. She's look like to be 8 years old and has been separated from her family or perhaps her entourage.

Unable to leave her alone, Misaki finally approached her.

"Anoo...did something happen?"

"Sob...sob..."

The kid immediately looked at Misaki who asked.

"Sob... I was separated from my parents. I was looking at the fish right there, but when I looked back, my parents and Onii-chan weren't here."

Said the little girl while rubbing her eyes.

"Oh, I see."

As Misaki expected, this child was separated from her parents.

Misaki then took a tissue and wiped her face from the tears.

"Then let's go find them. I'm sure they're looking for you too."

Misaki said with a smile while holding her hand.

Now she can at least interact like this with young children after starting to interact often with people at school. There was no way a small child would have any bad thing to do towards her.

"Does Onee-chan want to help me? Sob...."

"Yes, of course."

If it's just for a little while it should be fine. Kazuto couldn't possibly panic, right? Misaki thought.

"Sob.. Sob...."

Seeing her keep crying made Misaki not calm. She then looked at the doll on her arm before staring at the little kid.

"Come on, stop crying, you should smile. Look at this doll, try to hug it. It will continue to protect you from any harm that happens if you keep it."

Children usually have extraordinary imaginations because they are in their developmental stage. In a past life Misaki even dreamed of flying a car into space, so she had to be disappointed with it when she had a rational mind.

"Is that true?"

The little girl stared at the doll in front of her in disbelief.

"Of course! This is a special doll, just give it a hug!"

Misaki tried to convince her as best she could, until the little girl finally give up to her insistence and hugged the doll.

"How? How about it? It feels good, doesn't it?"

She asked curiously.

"I still can't believe your story, but this doll feels soft..."

Seeing the little girl start to like her doll made Misaki even more happy. Well, even if she had to be disappointed for giving her that.

They walked together after that and went around looking for her parents. After Misaki started to chat longer and became closer to the little girl, she found out that her name was Hikari Hisashi. For some reason Misaki felt something familiar about her surname. Her surname was similar to someone she known in the past, but that might just be a coincidence.

"Hee...so Hikari also has Onii-chan?"

"Ummu! He's the best Onii-chan in the world, he's very kind and rarely gets mad at me even though I mess up a lot."

From her cheerful smile, it was clear that Hikari had a good family and got along well with her siblings. Misaki is relieved by the story because she sometimes hears news on TV about domestic violence. But it can't be like that for everyone, right?

"How about you, Onee-chan? Do you have Onii-chan too?"

"Me? Yes, I also have a good Onii-chan."

"Then we are the same!"

"Haha, you're right."

They were also able to become close with their 'Onii-chan' talk, and Hikari became more and more open to her which pleased Misaki.

"Are Onee-chan sure they will come here?"

"Mm, I'm sure."

Traveling around and looking for her parents in a wide area and lots of people would just be a waste of time. On the other hand, Misaki is still not very good at communicating with adults.

So Misaki took her to a security area that take care about missing child or lost item. They would also definitely look for Hikari here if they still couldn't find her. She should also have done that from the start and announced her whereabouts, that way her family could come here immediately.

"Is there anything I can help you?"

One of the people who seemed to be an officer there asked Misaki as they approached him. Misaki became nervous because that person have a big body.

"I-I brought a child who was separated from her parents, s-so please inform....."

Because of that Misaki became stuttered and avoided looking at him as much as possible.

The guard became confused by her reaction.

"Are you sure you weren't the one who got lost?"

"Of course not!"

After clearing the misunderstanding, the officers immediately announced Hikari's name. Now they just have to sit and wait.

"Oh, yes. If I may ask, what is your brother's name?"

Even though it was rude to ask, Misaki was really curious. She felt that Hikari's brother was someone she knew.

"Hmm, Onii-chan's name is..."

Just as she was about to hear the name, someone called out Hikari's name.

"Hikari! Here."

"Mother, father!"

Hikari then stood up and ran excitedly.

Misaki looked in the direction she was running. There, stood 2 adults and a boy the same age as her who seemed to be Hikari's parents and her brother. They immediately embraced her when Hikari arrived in front of them. Misaki is happy to get her to see them again, but her focus is on her brother.

Her eyes widened slightly in surprise.

It was true, Hikari's brother was her junior. She knew him, but looked different. His characteristics were far different from the ones she knew. Although his face was still childish but she could remember certainty about him. But the difference in his expression and hair color made her feel like it was a different person.

Their gazes soon met, and the boy smiled kindly at her.

"Shirogane...."

The person she was supposed to be meet within 2 years in the future, she met here right now.

26