47. He Looks So Diferent!!
1.4k 12 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"My name is Shirogane Hisashi, I come to join reading club."

"Uhh....Welcome to the reading club, I guess?"

That's how they met.

That emotionless voice and cold face clearly made him nervous as he saw him. But because someone come to join his club, he had do his job as club leader.

"...If you want to ask something just ask me. I'll answer as best I can. W-Well, even though this club isn't an active club. Haha. And my name is Kazuto Tomoe, nice to meet you."

The club he entered at that time was a reading club. The reason he chose it was of course because of his passion for reading, and there were many members in this club. Yes, members who are in name only. School rules require students to join at least 1 club, and this club becomes an easy target for lazy people, so that their school time is not disturbed. But thanks to that, this club was not erased. And the only one active here was just him alone, Endou also came occasionally to play or have lunch with him here. So having a member come in here with his own interest took him by surprise. But well, maybe this one is not really interested at all like the others and just fulfill his obligations to participate in the club at school.

"...."

"If you want to ask something, don't  too hesitate, I will answer it as best I can."

"Okay."

Short, concise, and unapproachable. That was the description he put on Shirogane judging by the way he spoke.

"...."

"...."

And with his existence, being in this room made him feel awkward.

And the next day, he a bit surprised when someone come to this club again, and that is someone who came yesterday to gave aplication to join this club. 

"....."

"....."

He did not greet and just sat and then read something after seeing him for a while.

He only can silent about that since he's too bad at comunication with someone, and he didn't really mind it at all. 

For several days passed also continued like that, just silent and read a book. But from there he could understand a few things about him. Shirogane, he… he seemed to be having a hard time to reading. That's what he knew when he saw him turn the pages too long, even in a small book. He also always frowned as like he was having trouble to understanding something. On the other hand, the book he was reading was also strange like an investigative matter, and he even carried paper documents that he didn't know the contents is.

He actually wanted to ask what he was reading but was too embarrassed to do so. Moreover, the aura that said 'don't come near or I'll kill you' emitted from him was made him lose his will.

He thought they would never be close enough as a senior and a junior. So he thought, until Shirogane himself came to ask.

"Um, Senior."

That was how he was first called senior from someone.

"......... Yes? Is there anything I can help you with?"

He wondered what he wanted to say since this was the first time he had been called.

"Can Senior pronounce the word 'justice' and in kanji for me?"

Kanji? Justice? What for?

He was completely curious what the word was for, but didn't ask. He immediately wrote down the kanji on a piece of paper. Finished with that, he started to explain.

"(正義) 'Seigi' should have the meaning of 'justice' but it can also be interpreted as 'righteous', because the meanings of these two words are not much different where justice is the right thing, while righteous is always on the side of justice. Is this enough? "

(Sorry if what it wrote there (kanji) and what it mean not right. I'll change it if someone mention me) 

he asked as he handed him a sheet of paper written in kanji.

Shirogane continued to frown as he stared at the kanji as if it had something in it.

"I see...thank you."

Finished with his words, Shirogane continued to remain silent after that.

"..."

He didn't know why he asked that. But from what he noticed, Shirogane seemed to be indecisive. Worried about something.

He didn't know what it was because his expression was hard to read. But clearly, Shirogane was not stepping up and try to setting his goals.

"....."

In the end, the two of them didn't speak after that.

However, after that day. Shirogane started to somehow interact with him.

"Morning, Senior."

".....Morning..?"

Start with a good morning greeting. Even though it was late in the day.

"Senior, can you translate this kanji?"

"Sure."

Then ask for kanji or words that are difficult for him to understand. It turned out that Shirogane had dyslexia which made it difficult for him to read, so he was a bit slow when it came to reading books.

"Just let me do it."

And when he wanted to buy a drink or something, Shirogane always volunteered to do it.

"Hey idiot, where's the homework I told you to do."

His sister Misaki, is also here sometimes to annoy him.

"Yes, yes. It's yours."

He said tiredly as he handed over the book he took from his bag.

"Hmph."

Misaki took her book with a snort and then left. She briefly glanced at Shirogane before reaching the exit door. Shirogane also looked at her intently as like reading her mind before completely disappearing from his sight. He then looked at his senior.

"Senior sister doesn't seem to be able to properly express her feelings."

Not understanding what he meant, he looked up at him with a questioning look.

"Haah? What do you mean she hates me more than I imagined?"

"........Just forget it."

Shirogane sighed slightly as if there was a problem he didn't want to solve even if he could easily do it. His voice was also like he was envious of something and made him didn't understand.

"Ohh, yeah. I heard he's in your class. Please take care of her, okay. If it's you, I should be able to trust you."

".....Understand."

Even though he didn't understand how his senior could be so dear to his younger sister like that, he still followed his words.

"Sister, huh...."

And there are other things like that don't need to be explained further. Although he still didn't say much, that kind of interaction was good enough for him. Several months of that time with only such brief conversations, and he could feel Shirogane at least talking to him more than he thought because coincidentally when he passed in front of his class, he was just sitting looking up at the sky through the window instead of talking to his classmates.

Then one day.

Shirogane looked very depressed as he held the kanji paper that read 'justice' that was previously given to him. He still seemed to be looking for something there.

"Tsk."

But like unable to find it, he clicked his tongue.

"Ohh, Shirogane. You're here already."

He said as he entered the room. It was unusual to see Shirogane come to the club first.

Shirogane's gaze then turned to him which made him ask what that meant.

"Senior."

Shirogane's sharp gaze made him shudder slightly.

"Yes?"

But he was able to respond.

"According to Senior, what is the meaning of 'justice'?"

An incomprehensible question came out.

"The meaning of justice?"

He was at a loss as to how to answer, but it seemed the answer to the question was very important seeing as Shirogane's unblinking gaze continued to stare at him.

"Justice...I don't know if my answer is correct. But in my opinion, justice is something that should be maintained for everyone. If something is taken from me then I will take it back because it is my right and my property, it is fair for me to take it. Something like that, I guess?"

"Then what if the law doesn't match the sense of 'fairness' that senior has. For example, sorry if this offends Senior. But what if someone hurts or even kills your sister, and the law only gives the criminal a few years in prison. What will you do? "

At his words, he frowned. How could he ask that with expressionless face?

But he shook his head because he felt this was just a test. He then approached Shirogane and grabbed his shoulder. Shirogane was still staring at him but with a question mark in his head as to what he meant.

"You know Shirogane, I'm probably sick and don't like being bothered by my own sister. But..."

He tightened his grip before continuing his words.

"If anyone hurts her, then I will repay what they did to her in the same way, no, I will make them have the worst nightmare they never thought of before throwing them in the trash."

His voice was so cold that Shirogane's nape shuddered with coldness. His eyes filled with emptiness stared straight at him and seemed ready to absorb his soul.

Shirogane widened his eyes at his low voice which was filled with a suffocating atmosphere. He never would have expected his ordinary-looking and unable to communicate senior to be able to make him shudder and fear.

"And remember this, don't say that again because I don't like it."

He then let go of his grip and sat in front of her as usual.

Shirogane who was still stunned, blinked a few times as he looked at him.

"So Senior will do anything to do your own 'justice'?"

"Uhh, who knows. But it seemed I was exaggerating. Forget what I said."

The clearly frightening expression disappeared, and he returned to his usual self. Shirogane wondered if his senior had multiple personality problems. But somehow he felt he had found an answer from him, the answer he had been looking for.

"Ha ha.."

And for the first time Shirogane smiled and laughed which made him wonder what was funny.

"Is there anything funny?"

"Haha, no. It's just that I have a strange senior."

"Say it one more time then I'll probably scream out loud and have sharp yellow hair."

""Haha..""

They laughed together as if all their sense of familiarity had not existed before. For a moment, they seemed like old friends.

"But Senior, I want to tell you something."

The laughter stopped after that. Shirogane returned to his stoic expression, but there was a hint of a faint smile now.

He also stopped laughing, and stared in his expression. That faint smile looked melancholy as he watched him.

They sat in opposite position and look at each other face. 

"..."

He waited to what will Shirogane said while silent. It looks like he need time to say one word just now. 

After a few minutes later, Shirogane inhaling and exhaling in a clear voice to indicate he was done with it. And finally.... 

"Senior, did you know? I used to had a good mother, father and sister before. We are a harmonious and happy family."

He frowned at the word that didn't match.

"'Before'...."

As if confirming, Shirogane nodded with a bitter smile.

"Yes, they are all dead now."

"...."

He was speechless about it. So he chose silence and continued to listen.

"About 2 years ago, my father was a police officer. He is very good person, he helps old granny cross the street, helps stray children to find their family, catches pickpockets, helps investigate criminal cases and catch culprits, there are many great things he has ever done. He's really, really great, he's my favorite hero."

Shirogane recounted it while starting to feel nostalgic while making a small smile.

However, his smile soon clouded over as he said the next word.

"One day, he was investigating a murder that was taking place............"

One day, there was a serial murder that killed its victims in a sadistic way using a knife. And that made his father have to carry out routine investigations every day around. However, a few days after going on patrol, he……. he was found dead in a horrific state with slashes and a stabbed heart. And it became a deep sorrow for them because they had to lose a family head.

And the culprit is clearly the serial killer from his scars after being post-mortem by the police. The shape of the wound is the same as the other victims.

The perpetrators themselves are still not known what their face shape, age, or height are. No witnesses have ever seen it. And there was nothing they could do but leave further investigations to the police.

"That person...That person didn't just end there."

Shirogane's expression was filled with hatred and helplessness as he continued his story.

Before he finished mourning his father's death, Shirogane also had to see something very terrible.

One night, he went out to buy something at the store. The journey back and forth doesn't take 5 minutes, and nothing bad should happen during that time.

However, when he entered the house.

"No...just no way..."

What he saw was his sister and mother lying breathless and covered in blood, and the words 'Revenge for your father'.

Shirogane could only kneel in despair at what he saw. He had lost his family, the people he cared about the most had disappeared from his side.

Investigations are being carried out again, and the suspect is the same person who killed his father. Allegedly, the motive is revenge.

But then again, they found no clue about the killer's true identity. Shirogane, who can't do anything

have to give up again.

"Since then I haven't spoken to anyone much. My expression also froze like ice. I almost committed suicide out of desperation, but..."

However, his grudge and hatred makes him want to find and chase the killer.

"That's why I intend to become a policeman and investigate. And after finding and arresting him, I will..."

Shirogane closed his eyes for a moment before opening them again with a cold emotion and voice.

"...killed him."

His low, confident voice was clearly his determination.

Kazuto who had only been listening since earlier was speechless. His story is so full of tragedy that it makes him sad.

On the other hand, he had to choose his words carefully so as not to deepen his emotions.

"So that's why you're asking what 'justice' means?"

"Yes."

He scratched his temples with a sigh.

If he had known this, then he wouldn't have said such a thing to him. He then looked at the sun, which was now almost setting. He just realized that he had heard Shirogane's story for quite a while.

"Well, I guess I have to account for my words..."

he muttered.

He then looked back at Shirogane after sorting the words in his head.

"Revenge for what happened to your family, I won't question it. But, don't fall into it because it will end badly. Revenge will not bring you happiness or satisfaction, but only emptiness."

He then paused for a moment to take a breath, and continued his words.

"Instead of revenge, do it in the name of justice. Think what you are doing is justice, for the sake of those around you and others."

"Justice?"

"Yes. If that person is too evil, then judge. But if there is a person who still has the opportunity to change, then make him improve his character and be judged fairly. There are still many ways you can use. Not all snakes are venomous, and Not all criminals are really bad either, they probably did it out of compulsion. You have to look at them from another perspective."

Finished with his words, he then smiled, but with cold sweat running down his back. He wasn't sure if Shirogane would be able to absorb his words, especially since they came from some of the shounen comics he'd recently read.

Yeah, there's no way someone like Shirogane would read comics, right!

"There are still many paths I can use..."

"Yes. Actually those words would have been more effective if we could have go to the past. That way we would know what the true nature of a criminal is before he commits his first crime."

He said in a joking tone.

"And also..."

He then patted Shirogane on the head which made his eyes widen.

"You can think of me as your older brother. Well, even though I'm your senior in the end."

He added with a laugh before stopping patting him. 

Shirogane also smiled and then laughed too. A few tears dripped from his eyes. The tears looked like a sign of relief, and his smile was no longer melancholic.

"Senior, thanks for the words. I have a feeling that if I didn't hear it, I might have done something that maybe harm myself."

He said with a faint smile.

"That's what seniors do."

He replied while scratching his head.

He had no idea that the words he took and the combination of the comics would greatly affect Shirogane in the future.

Several months also passed after that, until the day before he died and was reincarnated. Shirogane had been more open to him from then on, and also spoke more. Although his expression was still as cold and aloof as ever since they first met.

"I've always wondered about this before. Senior is great at cooking, can wash dishes, take care of the house and so on related to housewives. Could it be that this senior is a girl but with a boy's physique?"

"Have you ever hit your head with a nuclear bomb before? Want to taste it this time?"

he asked with a vein in his forehead. Suddenly being asked such a strange thing clearly pissed him off.

"No. It's just that I thought that if senior were a girl, then I might marry Senior after graduation."

At that highly inappropriate answer, he burst out laughing.

"Pfft, hahaha. You sure know how to make people laugh with that straight face."

"But I'll really think about it if it happens, hahaha."

He said while wiping tears from laughing too much.

"Senior better remember those words."

Shirogane replied while making a faint smile at him after that.

Wait, he's not serious about my jokes, is he?

"Ahh, I have to go home. It's quite late. My sister might kill me for being late for dinner."

He said as he looking at the clock. He then put all his things in his bag and headed for the exit.

"Alright. See you later, Senior."

"Yes."

And that's how their final meeting ended.

---

"Thank you for taking care of my sister. Sorry if she bothered you so much. Hikari, thank her too. And return the doll to her, it must be hers, right?"

"Thank you, Onee-chan! And this is your doll."

Back in the present, Misaki was really surprised to see that person with a cold expression could make a big smile. His normally flat eyes and cold face as if frozen by ice also became brighter and more cheerful.

She felt like she was looking at a different person. On the other hand, his hair is also too different because its color is white. In her previous life, his hair color wasn't like that which made her confused.

"Could this be Shirogane before he lost his family..."

She muttered.

"Uhh, hello?"

"A-Ahh, sorry. I was a little lost. It's fine, if it wasn't me then surely someone else would too. No need to thank me. And my name is Misaki Tomoe, call me as you please. Hikari can also keep it because she seems love it."

"But..."

Hikari seemed hesitant to keep it because it didn't belong to her, on the other hand she was also starting to like it so she was a little reluctant to give it up.

So Misaki convinced her.

"Okay, just take it."

"Thank you."

"Hahh, next time I'll replace it. Thanks again."

Shirogane said as he patted her sister's head.

"Mmm, no need to do that."

Misaki felt uncomfortable from repeatedly hearing thier thank you.

"No, we should need to thank to you, little girl. We were very worried after realizing that our little daughter had disappeared. We as parents are also negligent here, I should have paid more attention to her."

Say an adult male who is at least in his mid 40s.

And this must be his father. From what I saw he also looked very good. Misaki thought as she looked at him. He also noticed that the four of them were a very harmonious family, according to what Shirogane had said in the past.

"N-No need. I just did what I needed to do."

"Fufu, what a sweet girl. Nice to meet a polite child like you, may I call you Misaki-chan?"

The woman who also seemed to be Shirogane's mother patted her head while chuckling.

"S-Sure."

Misaki was embarrassed by such treatment so she lowered her head.

"Who did you come here with? It can't be alone, right?"

"I came with my Onii-chan."

"I see. Then where is he?"

"He was in the toilet earlier, then I met Hikari who was separated from you guys and then I drove her."

"Gosh, he would be really worried if you suddenly disappeared from his sight. Did you call him?"

"No. I don't have a cell phone."

"I see."

"What if Onee-chan comes with us then!"

Hikari shouted at her. 

Misaki looked at her with a wry smile and shook her head regretfully.

"Sorry, but I can't. My brother is probably freaking out now that I'm not there. So I have to go back."

Hikari looked gloomy when she heard that.

Misaki also actually wanted to be with them for a while because she was curious about Shirogane's life, but she didn't have much time for that because she had to go back.

With that said, they had to separate now.

"Okay then. Nice to meet you, I hope we can meet Misaki-chan next time."

"See you later, Onee-chan!"

"See you later."

Shirogane nodded at her while still maintaining his friendly smile. Honestly, Misaki wasn't used to that expression. But seeing him looked happy also made her happy. After all he was her junior back then.

Misaki waved her hand at them until they disappeared into the crowd.

His encounter with Shirogane surprised her a bit because they met sooner than they actually had.

"Well, I guess it's time for me to go back too..."

Misaki was about to return to where she first met Hikari. But his steps stopped when he realized he was alone in a crowd of people he didn't know.

If going out to a place where people are crowded or somewhere far away, Misaki will usually be accompanied by Kazuto if not Endou because she needs to at least depend on 1 person closest to her to be not be afraid and restless. At worst, she could experience fainting if she had a panic attack. It had happened before while traveling with Endou to Akihabara but she only fainted for a moment.

"Fuu.. Haa... Fuu.. Haa... C-Calm down Misaki, it's just a crowd. Haha.. Fuu..."

And now she is starting to experience symptoms of anxiety with an irregular breathing and heart rate.

Misaki held her chest which now felt tight.

She sat on a chair nearby to calm herself down.

A few moments passed, and Misaki at least managed to get through the worst situation even though she was still panicking.

"W-Well, at least I didn't faint."

She said it to cheer herself up.

She looked around and hoped that Kazuto would at least be among those people, but there was no way he would just come.

She could have another panic attack at any moment if she kept looking around, moreover people started noticing her whereabouts which made her even more restless.

"Are you okay?"

And someone suddenly grabbed her shoulder from behind which made Misaki startled. But hearing a voice she recognized, Misaki immediately looked back with wide eyes when she saw that it was Shirogane, who was looking at her worriedly.

"...Yeah... I'm fine. By the way, why did you come back?"

"It's nothing. Actually my mother was worried about you because she thought a little girl wandering around here alone thought it was too risky. That's why she sent me back here." 

"And when I got here, I saw you have a painful expression, and rushed over to you. Is there a problem that made you are like that? I'll help if there's anything I can help with."

Hearing the story, Misaki looked straight into Shirogane's eyes.

His family is really good people. She was touched by their kindness.

If he hadn't lost his family, would he still be like this? She asked herself.

"Well... Actually I have a problem...."

"Haha, then let me help."

He then sat across from her as if he knew he was going to hear a story.

"Thank you. Actually I have a problem...."

Misaki begins to share her panicky state of being in a crowd without anyone close to her, and her communication problems with strangers.

Shirogane looked confused by that.

"But you seem smooth when you talk to us."

"Uhh, that...."

It's obvious because I know you. And even if I talk to your parents uncomfortable, I can still tolerate it because they are your family. Misaki answered in her heart.

"Anyway, I'm stuck here because there are a lot of people. I guess I'll have to wait for my brother to come here."

"Or I'll take you to where you last left him."

Shirogane continued when he knew the point she wanted to convey.

Misaki nodded.

"Sorry, looks like I'm going to trouble you."

"It's fine. Ohh, I also need to apologize for not introducing myself. My name is Shirogane Hisashi."

He then handed the keychain with the snowflake decoration to Misaki.

"What's this?"

She asked while tilting her head.

"This is in exchange for your doll earlier. Well, even if it's cheap stuff since I'm short on money."

Shirogane replied while scratching his head.

"You used your own money?"

Misaki slightly widened her eyes. She wasn't sure if the keychain was a cheap thing as the snowflake decoration looked very pretty in its transparent shape with lines on each side giving off a faint glow. The decoration is like an object that cannot be made by human hands because it looks very beautiful.

"You can throw it away if you don't like it. It's cheap stuff after all."

Shirogane said seeing Misaki kept silent.

"Ahh, no. I'll take it. Thank you."

Misaki hastily picked it up and put it in her bag.

Shirogane spread a smile while narrowing his eyes, and said "You're welcome".

Kuhh, his face really looks cute. I wonder if he really is my cold junior.

"Then let me take you."

He said as he stood up.

Misaki also stood up and was about to lead the way knowing her direction, but Shirogane stopped her.

"Aren't you afraid of crowds? Let me lead the way then, you just need to direct the way."

"...Sure."

Misaki replied subconsciously.

Wow, he's also quite a man. Hmm, I admit his personality is very good.

"Come on then."

With that, Shirogane stood in front of her and walk over. Misaki followed behind him after that. She didn't dare to get too far from him when she realized that more and more people were in the building. She was getting nervous again when she had to walk past them.

"Want to hold hands?"

Shirogane who noticed that reached out to her.

"...Y-Yes."

Misaki sheepishly accepted it. She found herself very troublesome to Shirogane. The soul of her senior who used to help him solve problems was gone.

"Sorry to trouble you, Shirogane."

Misaki said regretfully.

"Ha ha."

However Shirogane chuckled at her.

"Why?"

She pouted a little because she felt made fun of.

"Sorry, it's just that I can't believe you're brave enough to call out my first name. I thought you were quite a 'polite' person."

(In Japan, it's not ordinary or polite to call someone's first name without that person's permission. Usually, they will call him by his surname, or first name with the addition of -san. Please correct me if I'm wrong)

Misaki covered her mouth not realizing that. Her habit of calling his name came from her past life. Calling him by his name was familiar to Misaki. So she forgot that they had just met.

"Sorry."

"It's okay, I'll call you Misaki instead. How's that?"

"I told you, you can call me all you want."

"I'll call you Misaki from now on then."

The deal was made after that. Misaki found it very strange to be called by her name like that, because usually Shirogane would call her 'Senior'.

Well, now that I'm Misaki and we're the same age, I guess that's fine. I'll get used to it later too. She thought.

"You know, you look a lot like my sister."

"You're not teasing me, right?"

"Pffft. No, of course not."

Shirogane's answer with the laugh he was holding back was clearly not made her belief. But Misaki put that aside when she wanted to ask something important.

"That... By the way, do you love your family?"

Hearing the obviously strange question, Shirogane glanced at her in bewilderment.

"Of course. After all, who doesn't love their family? What's the matter?"

Hearing his answer, Misaki just smiled. But her head was having a hard time because he didn't know what to do. She knew the future information regarding his family who was about to be killed, but if she told it here, her secret would be exposed, and even if she said it, she would not be believed and be considered crazy for saying it.

I mean, who would believe if I said "Your whole family is going to die, so take care of them", there's no way people would believe that, right!!?

But if she didn't say so, then Shirogane would turn into the person she met before. If that happened, it would make her feel guilty. So she wanted to at least change the future, at least once.

Misaki finally decided to speak. Even though this was a decision that might make her considered crazy, but she needed to tell him this so that his family wouldn't die. But because she was thinking too deeply, she didn't pay attention to the steps in front of her as she almost bumped into someone.

"Shirogane, listen to me....... If your father-Kyaah!"

Before Misaki finished speaking, her hand suddenly pulled by Shirogane and took her to his chest, and became stunned.

Their walk stopped.

"Are you okay?"

While asking that, Shirogane looked the other way while frowning. he doesn't seem aware of what he's doing.

Misaki could only be silent because she was still stunned. She looked at Shirogane's face. His expression, which had been gentle ever since, turned serious. She didn't know what was going on, but it seemed he was doing this with a good reason. She knew her junior was not someone who would do something bad.

"What is it?"

"No, just a mouse failed to get the cheese."

Misaki caught his meaning when she opened her eyes wide.

"Thief....."

She then looked at the person Shirogane saw. It was the person who almost ran into her earlier. His suspicious movements as well as his face turning to them but hastily turning it back when he noticed they were staring at him made it clear he wasn't a good person. But Misaki wondered how he knew that with just one look.

"Thanks for that, but…..can you stop hugging me?"

Shirogane looked up at her and finally realized that he was hugging her. He immediately let Misaki go and raised both hands.

"...Sorry, I didn't mean it like that."

"It's okay. I know you didn't mean any harm anyway."

Misaki giggled because Shirogane could get nervous too. Seeing his sweaty face clearly indicated that he was very nervous.

"Ohh, yeah. What were you trying to say? Sorry, I interrupted earlier."

"Uhh, actually...."

Now Misaki was hesitant to say it. Even though she had already built up her self-confidence before.

"Actually....Actually I wanted to ask for your cell phone number, and your home address."

"Yes?"

Shirogane's eyes blinked a few times in disbelief.

"What are you asking for?"

Ask him.

"Well, somehow I feel like I'll see you again in the future. So I asked for your cell phone number so we can communicate."

And Misaki gave him a very dubious answer.

"Ahaha...."

"...."

But instead of saying no, Shirogane chuckled because he found this very funny. Misaki could only wait for him to answer with an uncomfortable face.

"Okay, stop making that weak and helpless face. Here, where's your book and pen."

Misaki's eyes widened.

"You want to give it?"

"Hahaha. It's not like you're going to do anything mean to me, right?"

She shook her head at the question.

"Then I shouldn't hesitate to give it. Now where's your paper and pen."

"I don't need it. You can say it to me. I can remember it."

"Really?"

Shirogane's expression implied that he didn't believe it.

"Hmph, I even can remember everything around me clearly. I even know how many steps we've taken since walking."

Misaki said proudly as she straightened her shoulders.

Shirogane's brow furrowed slightly, but he paid no attention to it.

"Okay..."

Shirogane then told her the address easily.

Misaki was happy about it because she had her own plans with this. This just came to mind after thinking for a while. If di can't tell him the truth, then she'll just have to do it herself! That way her secret wouldn't be exposed and she wouldn't considered as crazy girl, and Shirogane wouldn't have to have that cold face!

That's the short plan.

"Now where's my part?"

"Ehh, your part?"

"I just told you my address and my cell phone number, now it's your turn to tell."

Ohh, equivalent exchange. Misaki thought.

"But I don't have a cell phone. Can the house phone number work?"

"Sure."

Misaki then took out a paper and pen from her bag and wrote them down, before handing them over.

Shirogane accepted it while laughing slightly.

"I don't know if you're being too innocent or judging me too well. I could be committing a crime with this, you know."

At that sentence, Misaki gave him a small smile before saying "I know how good you are, even if your personality changes."

Shirogane was stunned at her words. But soon made a faint smile.

"I guess with this we are friends, right?"

Misaki was silent for a moment as she thought about her memories of being called senior by Shirogane.

Everything changes in the end, huh.

"...Yes, with this we are friends."

Shirogane widens his smile

"Good to hear it."

"By the way, I have to go."

"Ehh, why all of a sudden?"

To his question, Shirogane replied "There's a mosquito that happens to be passing in front of me, rather than disturbing others, it would be better if someone slap it."

Misaki didn't understand the meaning of the word for this, but she could guess the mosquito he was referring to was the thief earlier.

"And your brother was there. His face looked haggard, so go over to him to stop worrying."

Shirogane then pointed at the black haired boy who walked like an undead and scared the people around like he was looking for something.

"Onii-chan!!?"

Misaki was surprised by that and was about to run towards him. However there is still Shirogane nearby and it feels bad to just leave

"With this my job is done."

But when she turned back, Shirogane was gone when dhe heard his last words.

Eh! Where did he go when his voice was still here!!

Misaki was confused by that, but ignored it as she walked towards Kazuto.

Come to think of it, how did he know about Kazuto's appearance, even though they had never met......

With that question in the corner of her mind, Misaki finally ran into Kazuto again who seemed to have been searching for her with panic and worry.

---

---

---

Standing not far from where he had disappeared from just now, Shirogane stared at Misaki and Kazuto silently.

"Hmm, strange. Did the future turn out beyond my expectations? Supposedly, catch or death of some criminals won't change the events around Senior."

"Especially Misaki. It's quite strange to see her good manner of speaking. Moreover, she doesn't speak as harshly as I expected."

"Plus she looks more brilliant, and her hair isn't cut short."

"Senior on the other hand also looks different. He doesn't seem depressed around Misaki. Hmm, could it be that one of them also returned to the past like me? They are too different."

"No, even with that, I don't think there will be much change in their relationship. Well, I'll think about it later. At least with the bead I gave her earlier, I can figure out where Misaki is."

Walking through the crowd, Shirogane saw Misaki and Kazuto one last time .

"Sorry for not being able to keep my promise to protect her, Senior. But this times everything will not be like that, I'll change a bad future, I'll help you too when the time comes. For now, meeting your sister is enough. Let's meet again in the future."

After that words, only frost remained from where he walked, leaving all traces of the mystery still unsolved.

--

---

--

---

--

Whew, that's a lot thing I wrote there, but we finally know who he is now. 

It's me!!— No, it's not me, let's throw that joke 

┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ) 

I wondering how do u thought about him after a long waiting truth and finally reading this chapter.
  • He's still mysterous Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Poor guy with poor past Votes: 10 13.0%
  • I just want to know how old him before got reincarnated Votes: 14 18.2%
  • I like his caring personality Votes: 5 6.5%
  • New ship!!!! Votes: 38 49.4%
Total voters: 77
28