56. Tomorrow
2.4k 19 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Two weeks has passed quickly without anyone noticing. And now it's time for Misaki to go home.

At the train station, Misaki and Kazuto accompanied withtheir grandparents hugged each other as if they didn't want to let go of each other.

"Gosh, you've only been here for 2 weeks and already want to go home. Don't you feel sorry for these two old parents?"

Her grandfather groaned while stroking their heads.

"Hey, don't say those words. Our grandchildren will feel bad when they hear it."

Her grandmother chimed in.

Hearing their words, Kazuto and Misaki made wry smiles.

"Sorry, next year we will come again. Isn't that right, Misaki?"

"Um? Yeah..."

Misaki didn't explicitly answer as she tightly hugged her life-size teddy bear.

"It's okay, you don't have to be here all the time. Just come as long as you want. Your parents are always busy and there's a hard time for you guys, so we're always worried about what bad things might happen even if you can take care of yourself."

Her grandmother sighed slightly as she shook her head. Watching her two grandchildren grow up with the lack of attention from their own parents made her feel constantly worried.

"If possible, I'd like to go to the city together and take care of you guys. But the atmosphere there doesn't suit us, we're old and it's hard to travel long distances. On the other hand, if we make you stay here, I'm sure you'll feel get bored quickly with not much you can do in the village."

Added her as she looked at the two of them.

"It's okay grandma, rest assured, we can take care of ourselves. Besides, we're used to it."

The next train will leave in 5 minutes. Please for passengers to get into the train before departing.

Repeat, the next train will leave in 5 minutes. Please for passengers to get into the train before departing.

Hearing the announcement, they knew that it was time to say goodbye. So once again, Misaki and Kazuto hugged their grandparents. They loved them so much from the bottom of their hearts that it was rather reluctant for them to leave.

But it's always like this every year, so they can only wave and said goodbye as they board to the train.

Seeing them for the one last time, they couldn't help but sigh as the carriage started moving.

"I hope they stay healthy."

Kazuto muttered as he saw their shadows for the last time.

"Yes. Hearing them sick would make us very worried because they are old."

Added Misaki who let out a small breath weakly.

Glancing to the side, Kazuto suddenly asked.

"You look sleepy, are you not getting enough sleep?"

Misaki who was listening closed her eyes a few times before answering.

"Yeah, I haven't been sleeping well lately. Maybe there's a spirit haunting me."

Even though her eye bags weren't visible, the dark lines under her eyes would be visible if you looked closely. Misaki had been sleep deprived lately because she had a lot of mind in her head. She wasn't sure if anything good would come out of it, but she was also unable to keep her head calm as the fateful day itself was about to come. So she was getting more and more worried.

"Hmm, maybe we need to find Josuke to get your body constitution back to what it was."

Hearing his joke, Misaki chuckled.

"Please don't badmouth his hair then if Onii-chan doesn't want to get hit by Crazy Diamond and make you have to live in stone."

"I take back my word then, I won't go to see him."

The two of them laughed in unison as the carriage continued to move.

"Get some rest, I'll take care of you."

Seeing Misaki continuing to rub her eyes while yawning, Kazuto asked her to sleep. He felt sure that Misaki didn't sleep well last night.

"Mmm, fine."

Misaki didn't refuse as she made a life-size teddy bear into a pillow beside her and quickly leaned back.

"Good night."

Misaki closed her eyes and quickly fell asleep after that.

Kazuto secretly sighed seeing her condition. Since this summer vacation, Misaki has always been acting strange. There was no way for him to know what had really happened to her. And as time went on, he became more and more worried about what problems Misaki was hiding.

"I hope it's just me."

He muttered as he leaned his head back.

They return to home at the same time they left.

"Natsu! I really miss you!"

Misaki exclaimed when she saw a black cat with gray fur standing around a grandmother. She quickly came to him and hugged him. The cat didn't resist that action at all, it was just that his expression looked like he was going to sigh at any moment and lightly pat Misaki on the head which caused her to let go slowly.

Misaki then bowed her head towards the person who took care of Natsu during her absence.

"Thanks Himiko-san for taking care of Natsu while we were away. Did he bother you in our absence?"

"Your cat doesn't bother me at all. Instead he stays calm and always stands beside me every day as if I'm the one being taken care of. Your cat is smart too, he doesn't try to play indoors or break things. I'm glad I got to take care of him for a while."

Himiko-san with a friendly smile explained.

"So that's how it is. Glad to hear that, I'll take Natsu here to play later."

"Come as you want. It's not like you're going to bother me. But by the way, your eyes seem less excited than usual. Did something happen?"

"Nothing, it's just that I didn't get enough sleep to become like this."

"Gosh, you have to watch your diet and sleep if you want to stay healthy to my age. If you don't, you'll regret it one day."

"Thanks for the advice grandma. I'll pay more attention to it next time."

After making small talk, Misaki didn't stay there for long and gave Himiko's grandmother a gift she had brought from the village. Even though it wasn't anything special, the old lady accepted it happily.

"Hey, Natsu. I know cats are lazy creatures, but that doesn't mean you have to hitch a ride with me because we're compatible."

Misaki complained as she looked at the cat that was supported by her hands with a frown.

Natsu stared back lazily at her as he yawned. For the last 2 weeks, instead of feeling cared for, he felt like he was taking care of the old granny. Starting from paying attention to her daily life, making her to choose sugar or salt, keeping her away from things that make her prone to accidents, and so on. Even though he lived as a cat, that didn't mean he could sleep lazingly when he saw that. He also felt a bit sorry that the old woman had to live alone without anyone. Seeing her sitting alone in a rocking chair, reminiscing about the past and talking about it to herself made him think, growing old and watching one by one the people closest to you die is probably the most painful part of life. Natsu felt grateful that he had to die first without having to worry the people around him because he lived alone. What he was actually worried about at the time were some files on the computer that he should have deleted in case he knew he was going to die.

Well, that's a story of the past. What he needed to pay attention right now was how to live quietly as a cat. So, he finally chose to stay still and closed his eyes comfortably because he didn't have to walk.

That made Misaki frown even more, but an idea flashed through her mind and immediately smirked.

"Hmph, it's fine. I like having you in my arms anyway, hehe."

Feeling the strange intonation of her voice and tightening her embrace, Natsu realized that he was in a life and death situation so he chose to jump out of Misaki's arms and choose to walk.

"Hey, don't run, I haven't hugged you yet!"

"Nyaa..."

Natsu said "No thanks" before jumping over the wall and choosing to walk there.

"Hey!"

Misaki chased after him until they finally reached the house.

Her normal life had continued for the past few days. Before summer vacation was really over, Sakura came to her house, crying and begging to help her finish her summer homework that she hadn't done at all. Helped by Shinomiya, Misaki taught her little by little. She wasn't going to make it easy by letting her cheat.

And thats how their summer vacation ended.

After that, school activities started. Things continue as usual for, like; going to school, baking cakes, playing games, cooking, reading books and other commonplace things.

But that's just the outward appearance. However, in the deep inside, Misaki only felt more and more tense and tense as the day passed.

On a certain night.

Gazing through the window at the brightly shining moon, Misaki muttered with an indistinct gloomy face.

"Tomorrow..."

Dark clouds slowly covered the moon until the light was difficult to penetrate.

Misaki clasped her hands with her eyes closed and prayed in a low voice.

"I hope tomorrow will go smoothly..."

Under her muttering filled with hope, she had no idea that the clouds were only getting thicker and covering the vast sky.

....

At the same time but in a different place.

A boy reclined casually in a chair while looking up at the clear night sky where he could see a collection of starlights even though the illumination of the city lights should have obscured his view. But in his eyes as blue as the ocean, as if his gaze pierced the sky, he continued to stare as if he not bored with it.

In his room, everything seemed so simple for a children's room. Mattresses that are neatly arranged, study tables with piles of books piled on top, shelves containing room decorations and places to store books, and so on. There is nothing wrong with the room at all.

But, on a board stuck to the wall, there was something like a target list filling the board.

Some of the photos are already marked with a cross line, while some have a different pattern of stripes with a cross shape. Some photos are also not tagged. No one will understand the meaning of the symbol and its meaning, only the person who made it will understand.

And in front of all that, the child then stared at a black image that was made into a question mark. There are no photos or sketches, just a black colored sheet of paper with no additional information like the others. While he was looking at it, he was also muttering with a deep smile.

"I may not know what date, day or time you will appear."

"I also don't know who you are or what your killing intent was, but..."

The boy had a friendly facial appearance. However, his eyes that slowly changed and now looked like a ruby ​​had a clear hatred as his expression went blank.

"... Even if fate didn't bring us together at that time, I will make sure that it doesn't happen again, even if we have to meet in hell, I will make sure that it happens."

The fateful day is coming soon! Whether it's a change of destiny, truth, good and bad, until the mystery of the future that is with him will soon be revealed!

-----

---

-----

---

-----

Thanks for everyone that still read and support this novel. But from this chapter onward, I'll hiatus. I don't know when I'll comback, but as information, I spend my time about 2 years or more to write this novel until this chapter. And yup, after that I got Writters Block and can't wrote properly like the past. So, maybe I'll focus to the other side before translating again. Maybe it will take another two years, who knows? I don't know either.

And maybe from that time, one by one, everyone will forget this story because it didn't special at all ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

Ohh, a bit spoiler before I go, this novel concept is bigger than you thought, like, it was not only about someone got reincarnated to change his fate... Nah, I think I mess up here..... And it's not look like spoiler ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

But I won't change it either since that came from my mind.

So, this is farewell? I'm a bit sad, I almost crying here to leave you guys who still read this. I mean, even my grammar and English language like a kid from primary school, you guys still read my story and sometimes help me. I feel glad to have readers like you, thank you...................... And good bye. This is not our last meet, we'll se each other again, even it takes 100 years, I promise, I'll comeback.

Farewell ヘ(I ̄▽ ̄I)

26