Chapter 161.
1.9k 10 86
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 161. An Assassin’s and Friend’s First Day of Work (7/9)

“Your total comes up to $24.49 after tax. How would you like to pay?” Alicia said that without a single trace of enthusiasm in her voice. She only wanted this interaction to be over.

“Cash, baby.” He stuck his hand inside his pocket and pulled out a thick wad of cash. He pulled out a single bill and confidently held it out to Alicia between his two fingers thinking it would impress her when she saw the denomination on the bills in his hand.

“Here you go, $100, you can keep the change, babe.”

Alicia raised her hand and was about to receive the payment when my hand shot out to the side and grabbed her hand mid-air stopping it from advancing any further.

“What do you think you’re doing loser?”

“There’s no need for you to pay, sir. We can’t possibly have a celebrity like you pay. I will cover the payment.”

“You? Hah! I don’t need a peasant to foot the bill for me. Oh? Wait, could it be you’re trying to ingratiate yourself to me. Maybe you’re so desperate for money you thought you could take the $100 from this girl if you did this? Truly contemptible. But I understand, it’s a tough world for peasants like you. Here you go.”

I released Alicia’s hand and grabbed the bill between the joint of my index and middle finger.

“Oh, there’s more where that came from, peasant.”

He raised the wad of $100 bills up to my face and started flicking them at my face one bill at a time.

I stared at him unamused, completely unmoved.

“You!” Alicia raised her right hand up and sent it flying forward. My own hand shot out and grabbed hers again stopping her before she could slap him in the face.

She gritted her teeth wanting to scream but kept it down seeing how I still had no reaction and maintained complete indifference.

“Sir, you’re making a mess. We really don’t need your pity or any free handouts. We are simply working for a living here. Your actions are… very troubling.” I looked down at the bill in my hand as I said that.

He seemingly misunderstood my words and laughed, “Hahaha! Troubling he says. Can’t resist the temptation I see. Whatever, this has just become a bore. He opened the drink on the counter and drank some. He didn’t finish it all in one go. Rather when he finished taking a sip he raised his hand over my head and turned it upside down and drained the contents over my head.

“Here, take a shower in the drink I just drank. Maybe it will give you some better luck and allow you to get a better job one day, peasant.”

When he finished pouring it out he released the bottle and let it hit me on my head. He then turned around and threw the entire wad of cash up in the air like he couldn’t care less.

Haaaaah. What an absolute moron. We’re rich. As if I’d say that. Do I look like I’m ignorant or blind? I wouldn’t take his money even if I was homeless and out on the street.

When he placed his hand on the door someone reached out from behind him and placed their hand on his shoulder to stop him from leaving.

“Excuse me, are you Jae-Sun Yang?”

He turned around calmly and responded, “Yes, what of it? Are you a reporter or something? Here’s some hush money, just forget everything you saw here.”

“No, I’m not a reporter. I am Officer Johnson with the city police.” The officer held his badge up in front of the officer’s face.

“Oh, the police, is it? Well, here’s a bit extra then. Just keep what you saw here between us. Don’t make a big deal out of something so little.”

Clink. Clink.

Two metallic clicking sounds echoed out before the officer opened his mouth again, “Jae-Sun Yang, you’re under arrest. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say or do can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford one- haha, well, you can afford one but I’ve still got to say it anyway- one will be provided to you by the state. Do you understand these rights as they have been read to you?” After the officer slapped cuffs onto Jae-Sun’s wrist he’d been immediately provided his rights without being given the chance to interrupt or say anything.

“What? What do you mean I’m under arrest! Oh, you must be confused about what just happened. I’m sorry if there was any confusion. You see, that man assaulted me first just now before you came in. He’s the one you should be arresting, not me. I’m sure my father can have the store check the security footage to prove that.”

“We’ve been here the entire time watching from beginning to end. The one who was assaulted just now was that employee.”

“I never assaulted anyone. When did I hit him?”

“You threw money at him. That is one count of assault. You then dumped your drink on top of his head. That is two counts of assault. You lastly dropped the bottle on his head, that is three counts of assault. There’s also the fact that you tried to bribe a peace officer just now, might as well tag that onto the list. Oh, right, you have also made a mess in this establishment, how about we also stick you with vandalism and destruction of property while we’re at it?”

“Hah! In what world is any of that assault, vandalism, or destruction of property? You! Peasant, say something!”

“He is correct, officer. I do not feel as though I have been assaulted in any way. I would not press charges either. As for vandalism or destruction of property, it’s just some paper and liquid that was spilled on the ground and my clothes. All little things that can be cleaned up and washed away like nothing.” I immediately voiced my agreement in a calm and collected fashion, unphased by the events transpiring in front of me.

“See! Even the peasant says so. So, release me!”

“You are still under arrest.”

“What for? There is no crime here! If you mean bribing you, I was only giving a tip to an officer for his hard work.”

“Even if that were the case, which it isn’t, you are still under arrest.”

“If you don’t release me this instant, I will ensure you have no future. My father will have your badge!”

“Your father? Heh. Sorry kid, your father isn’t going to be able to save you. He likely won’t get out of this unscathed either. Counterfeiting money, criminal fraud is a federal felony taken extremely seriously. Not only that… drugging women, fooling around with your fans, promising women in your industry their rise to fame for sexual favors, and even going so far as to rape a woman. We know everything. The list of your crimes goes on and on.”

“What! How dare you accuse me of such things? Where is the proof? The proof! You won’t get away with stacking false charges and defaming my name!”

“You are truly an irreconcilable moron without a single redeeming feature. Scum, absolute trash. It’s for garbage like you that I became a cop. No higher up in this city is going to save you. Your life is over. Your career is done for. We already have all the evidence we need to prove everything and it has all been submitted to federal courts. Your crimes will be tried on a federal level, not here on your family’s home turf where your father has ties to the higher-ups in this city’s police force. There is nowhere for you to escape or hide.”

“You say you have already submitted evidence? What evidence? There is no evidence of anything you’re trying to accuse me of!”

“Oh? You think we didn’t find out about the laptop in your hotel room that was paid for under a fake alias? Do you think we’re that incompetent that we can’t figure your little tricks out? Everything we needed was on that laptop.”

As soon as Jae-Sun heard the officer mention the laptop in his hotel room, his face paled.

86