Chapter 172.
1.8k 1 63
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 172. Operation: Supernova (3/4)

I located the target’s laptop and immediately got to work. I opened my bag and removed my own laptop and external hard drive.

I pressed the power button and was relieved to see it had been fully shut down. He hadn’t just locked it meaning there wasn’t anything he’d notice different when he returned. I shut it back down and rebooted it. I quickly plugged in a USB stick and my external hard drive into his laptop. I entered the bios screen and booted from my USB. It was a recovery USB that I’d make use of to clone his hard drive on a partition of my external hard drive.

Being the good little rich boy he was, his laptop was a high-end one which I was relieved to see. I was able to clone it in only 30 minutes.

I disconnected it from his laptop and connected it to my own. I gained access to all the files on his computer, but I needed the password to access the folder. I booted up the password cracker I’d prepared in advance. I naturally didn’t need to program it myself, I just downloaded one. I let it run for twenty minutes and was in.

His password was… haaaaaah. Well, it wasn’t ‘password’ at least. The reason for my internal sigh was how vulgar it was.

‘IFuckBitchesAllDayLong69’

Really? Really man? Even your password is this pathetic? What cracking tool? I could have guessed this stupid shit. Why are you so predictable? This was why I said he was an absolute moron.

I begrudgingly entered the password and gave myself permission to all the folders.

It took a while for it to apply the change, but after another ten minutes, I was in. I scanned through his folders and wanted to punch a wall.

It was located in a folder on his desktop.

I was furious. Truly furious. No, maybe it’s bait. I should make sure. Surely he’d at least create a copy somewhere on his own desktop, right?

Before I did that I skimmed through the videos until I found the rape ones, both the blurred and uncensored versions. I used the file names to do a search on the hard drive and let that run in the background.

While I was at it, I took the opportunity to erase the file on his laptop using the recovery tool. It was a secure erase that would set the bits to zero and then randomize them several times. It didn’t take long since it was just for two videos I was doing it for. This way they would both be gone for good. He would never be able to recover it no matter who he went to even if he discovered what had been done.

I made sure to interact with his computer as little as possible.

While the secure wiping process proceeded automatically, my attention returned to my own laptop. I checked the properties for the video I’d cloned from his device. As there were two videos to transfer over to his laptop I wanted to be certain there would be nothing thus might rouse his suspicions on the off chance he was looking through his files. In particular, the file names and creation dates. 

As such, I adjusted all the properties that stuck out on the files to match between the two videos. I noticed the file size was different so I made some tweaks so it would match the file sizes of the uncensored and blurred versions. I was using the same censored video for both the uncensored and blurred versions I’d be replacing. The only difference was the properties I’d modified on each file.

Once that was over I checked on the progress on his laptop. The erasure process was complete. As for any other locations where he’d stored those two videos… there were none.

I was ready to pick up his laptop and throw it at the wall while screaming ‘IDIOT!’ out loud at the top of my lungs. Make my job harder please, it’s too easy. You’re making me look stupid for trying too hard. Damn it, people are going to make fun of me. It looks like I’m just bullying a moron right now.

Why is the villain in this such a braindead idiot? Should I maybe dumb myself down a lot so he looks a bit better? Maybe if I’m dumb enough he’ll like a super genius. I’m starting to feel he’s a bit pitiful now.

It’s not that I was smart or anything of the sort, he was just too damn stupid. My real opponent wasn’t even him, it was the police. Yes, that’s right, I mustn’t forget, I’m going so far not for him.

I knew he was a moron. But the police certainly weren’t. They were the ones to worry about here. Not him.

His father was also a concern, but not him at least. As long as I kept out of his father’s eyes, I should be all good. Hence why avoiding the security cameras was so important. My face still wouldn’t be recorded with the get-up I had on, but I was being extra cautious to avoid any mishaps. In the unlikely event I was caught on camera by some random passerby, I’d dispose of this get-up I’d never worn before as soon as this was over with.

“You weren’t kidding when you said this guy is an idiot. He ended up meeting up with some woman and they ran into a washroom together. It seems they’re fucking like bunnies in there. It’s already been fifteen minutes since they started.” Rosa suddenly chimed in over the radio.

“If that’s the case, we won’t need Irene at all. I’m almost done.”

It was 2:40 PM. I’d been in his room for about an hour and fifteen minutes so far.

Irene would have to go to work at 3:30 PM. I wanted to make it in time for that.

“Have Irene head around the block to the other side of the building adjacent to this room, it seems we won’t need her to interact with the target. However, I want to get a ride from her to get out of here without being caught on any extra cameras from buildings in the surrounding area. Have her wait by the alleyway between the buildings. I’ll also be able to retrieve your drone’s charging station while I’m at it.”

“Roger that.” Rosa sounded way too into it.

With everything in place, I saved the two videos to the external hard drive before I plugged it into the target’s laptop. I transferred the files over to the same locations I found them.

I rebooted his PC then logged into this account with his password. I checked to make sure the videos would open properly and that they weren’t corrupted. I skimmed through the two very quickly and verified there hadn’t been any problems transferring them over. I cleaned up a bit to ensure there was no record that the videos had been opened up.

I shut his laptop down for the last time, stored all my stuff back in my bag, then took my leave. I hadn’t so much as moved his laptop from where he had it. Everything had gone smoothly.

By the time I exited the room, it was 2:55 PM.

I exited the building without drawing any attention and headed to the adjacent building. I went up to the rooftop, collected my phone, and stored Rosa’s charging station in my bag with my laptop.

“I’m out. The charging station has been retrieved and I’m heading over to Irene now. Let her know.”

“She’s been notified. I’ll be recalling both my drones now. In the end, the target was just a useless good-for-nothing.”

“Certainly, but the police and his father are the ones that matter, not him.”

“Yeah, you’re right.”

63