Chapter 181.
2.1k 7 66
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 181. An Awkward Encounter in a Public Washroom. (1/9)

Angela’s expression had truly been marvelous when I jokingly told her I was a devil. She looked like she'd been utterly convinced that I was. But when I actually said I was one, she was brought back to reality and called me a cheater. She strongly believed I’d used some sort of trick she hadn’t thought of a countermeasure for.

She stormed off saying she was going to study hard so she wouldn’t be scammed by some technology she didn’t know about again. She was convinced that what I did made some sort of ingenious technology.

She’d no doubt try to bounce some ideas off other people to pick their brains and unravel the mystery. Sadly, she would never uncover the truth as I hadn’t used any cheap tricks. My body gave me the answer itself. I didn’t have any scientific way to disprove my reaction any longer. I’d eliminated the possibility of it being a placebo. I’d had enough trials to prove it was no coincidence.

If I were to say what I was, it would no doubt be a devil. I was… unironically a devil… somehow. What that actually meant, I had no idea. I was at least 50% certain in the conclusion I came to. The only other possibility was that this was all just a long dream I was in. A coma. That was the only way to explain all this nonsense away from a rational perspective.

But… I felt like this was reality. A reality I found exceedingly difficult to accept. I was not a normal human, but a devil. What did that really entail though? Being a devil? Was I effectively a human aside from the contracts I could make?

Wait, the careless condition of not aging I’d made in three contracts, was there a price for it? No, to begin with… was it really possible they would stop aging so long as I was alive? Would I age? Did I receive some sort of benefit for collecting their souls?

Could it be the increase of my own lifespan by a fixed amount? Perhaps it even strengthened my own life force. Maybe I won't get as tired as I used to. It could work something like expanding my overall reserves of energy and stamina.

I’d need to run an experiment for that though… for example in P.E. if I used that as a baseline. I could go and run outside in the cold, but it would be best to replicate the exact conditions of that athletics test. Meaning I’d either need to sneak into the gym to use the track in secret or wait until P.E. next semester.

I had to recall the last few weeks after I had Irene and Alicia sign their contracts, did I feel as tired every day? The answer was inconclusive as I’d had it pretty easy. I didn’t have to do anything very tiring. My best bet was really to replicate the athletics test to see what sort of effect the theoretical acquisition of a soul entailed. Should they truly exist…

I didn’t know how to feel right now about this discovery. Personally, I wasn’t very happy about it. Dumb kids would probably jump for joy knowing they were suddenly special, but me? All I saw this as being was something that could potentially ruin my peaceful life forever. I was an adult, not a child so I would first think of what this really meant for my future.

The revelation of a devil to the world would only lead to becoming an experimental test subject for scientists across the globe. But… who was to say I was the only devil lurking about? What if devils were actually quite common? What if they were everywhere but normal folks were simply ignorant to it?

If assassins truly existed in this world, what was stopping devils from existing?

Well, one was at least realistic and based in reality. The other was just… too far out there to accept so easily. I mean, if devils existed then… did… God exist?

Or was what humans perceived to be God merely devils playing the part of God? The more I thought about it, the more bleak things looked. Was mankind simply created by a bored ancient devil taking on the role of God?

I still didn’t believe in something like God. At least, if someone told me they were God, I’d definitely doubt them.

If I could confirm the existence of devils I wouldn’t be surprised if they deceived the entire world into thinking they themselves were that almighty existence known as God.

Once again, I lacked information. The matter of devils was still something I had no way to wrap my head around. Unless I met one, I’d never know the truth. 

How could I find one though? 

A devil. A true devil and not some phony pretending to be one?

You couldn’t just go online, that much was obvious.

I had no leads.

I was lost.

Confused.

And having an identity crisis.

That man, was he a devil? Or did something happen to me to turn me into one? Was I a natural-born devil created by the environment I grew up in? Or was I a hereditary devil? A full devil? A half devil? I had no way to know.

What the hell are devils?

Are we the ultimate evil like we’re written about in stories?

Or are there some ancient devils trying to ensure new devils can never rise up?

The first case was bad, but the latter was far worse. It could mean I’d be dealt with should my identity as a devil be exposed. Assuming that’s what I really was and devils truly existed.

Thinking about it any further than this would only lead me in circles. I calmed myself down when I realized I simply had to avoid revealing I was a devil.

Even if I did reveal myself as one nobody would ever believe it either way. What sort of devil is dumb enough to go around telling everyone that he’s a devil? There’s no way such an idiotic devil could truly exist, right?

I was the very embodiment of that bumbling idiot. I tried to make myself feel better in such a self-depreciative manner.

“Haaaaaah.” I walked into a public bathroom with such a depressing thought in mind. I fixed my hair up and put in my blue decorative contacts as usual. I had the urge to use the washroom while I was here so I pushed open the stall door but immediately froze in place when I witnessed the scene playing out behind it.

There was a man seated on the toilet with a slovenly expression on his face with his jaw hung open. A string of saliva dribbled out the corner of his mouth as he vacantly stared up at the ceiling with glazed-over eyes as though his soul had left his body. The look was one of a man mid climax. Well, that’s naturally because that was exactly what was going on.

There… was a girl was on her knees with her head positioned between his groin. Looking at her from behind, her hair that hung down to her mid-back was composed of two distinct colors. From the centerline of her head to the right, her hair was dyed a light pink in color, the left was black. 

I took a step back ready to close the door when the girl on her knees suddenly stood up and turned around.

When I saw her eyes I felt a bit stunned. Her eyes matched her hair. Her left eye was effectively black, while her right eye was light pink, I could tell it was not a colored contact like the one I had on. Her skin was pale white, she was albino. The pink color of the iris in her right eye was likely a direct result of her albinism. 

To not only have such a rare eye color but to have heterochromia eyes as well, I felt like the odds of that were the same as winning the lottery in a bad way. If you went by math, it would be one in thirty thousand or so, .1% for heterochromia and about .3% for her pink in color iris. Despite that calculation, I felt like the odds of this combination would still be far lower than that, hence why I compared it to winning the lottery.

She licked her lips and gulped with a satisfied look on her face. She didn’t seem bothered at all that I’d intruded on her 

Only now did I notice her apparel. She was in a high school uniform. Not just any high school, but my high school. Her uniform gave her identity as a third-year student away.

Was it normal for high school girls to be doing this sort of thing? Absolutely not. She was an exception for sure. The fabled school slut or something.

66