Chapter 189.
1.9k 4 64
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 189. An Awkward Encounter in a Public Washroom. (9/9)

“Hah… hah… that felt a lot better than doing it myself.” Those words were not Rosa’s, but rather, the assassin known as the Man Killer. I really didn’t know how to feel about it. Maybe, shame? For letting myself get caught up in the moment.

“Haha, that tongue of yours is no laughing matter. I can hardly even move my legs.”

Rosa’s legs slid off her Master’s shoulders and landed over mine. She released the walls of the stall and her back slid down against the wall behind her back.

She ended up in a position seated atop my shoulders with her inner fleshy thighs squeezing my cheeks together.

“Rosa, I’m already an hour late to work, I’ve got to go. Poor Alicia is all alone right now because of this.”

“Ah! Right! I totally forgot because it was my day off today. Ugh, Alicia’s on her own now, isn’t she? Sorry Ran, hurry up and get going. That girl’s probably being swarmed as we speak without you there to keep the customers at bay. She told me it always gets that way when Yuna’s on her break at work, the same thing also happens when I go on break on Saturdays, the one day we work together at the branch store.”

“Haaaaah. So it happened at the other store too? It isn’t that bad at our store because I put an end to that problem early on. But Alicia really is too good for business. To the point that it’s troubling when she doesn’t have a partner around to do crowd control. Those guys end up going crazy for her. She’s unknowingly developed a religion with her at the center.”

“Is Alicia the co-worker I let you text before?”

“Yes,” I confirmed her suspicions.

“By the way, she’s also Ran’s girlfriend.” Rosa blurted out proudly.

“Oh~ how impressive~”

“I’m leaving.” I didn’t want to stick around to hear whatever nonsense the two would start chirping about so I immediately stood up, cleaned myself up using the sink, then sprinted out of the washroom at full speed to work.

When I burst through the front door, I saw a mid-sized line up to the counter and sighed. Alicia who’d spotted me looked ready to jump over the counter and hug the hero who’d arrived to save the day. Of course, she naturally couldn’t do that since she was dealing with customers.

I ran to the back, changed into my work attire, and got behind the register to help her out. I manned the second register and quickly cleared up the line of customers with her.

Since I wasn’t nearly as chatty and people didn’t care to talk to me much, I was able to handle three transactions in the time it took Alicia to complete one. I was all about efficiency. I couldn’t care less about the customer’s feelings or small talk. They were all here just to chat with Alicia anyway, not me. My appearance had shattered their little dreams.

When the customers realized I was a nuisance to their goal of chatting with Alicia, the number of people entering the store decreased substantially and order was gradually restored. 

Somehow, shortly after Alicia started here, the customers in her fan club adopted a schedule where they took turns and came in at a designated time slot. It guaranteed they would not overwork or tire out their Goddess and make her quit. This also ensured the store didn’t end up too busy and that they’d all be able to chat with their great goddess Alicia. 

Before when they were nothing but a disorderly mob, her co-workers would make it so many of them wouldn’t get that chance to talk to their Goddess. Thus, they formed a united coalition against the co-workers Alicia worked with during her shift to ensure they could all have their turn with the Goddess.

However, this order was only maintained so long as she had a co-worker with her. When she didn’t have a co-worker with her... the less disciplined members of her fan club would swarm the store en masse forgetting all about their so-called time slots. It turned into a war, a blood-stained battlefield where only the strongest of customers would acquire the chance to speak to their great Goddess Alicia.

Haaaah. Do these morons have nothing better to do with their lives? It’s just one girl. Is talking to her really that big a deal?

As someone who lived together with their Goddess, I just couldn’t understand. I’d even tried everything to run away from her in the past. Why are you guys doing everything you can to run toward her? She’s still in high school and underage you know. If I was your age I’d be running for the hills fearful I’d get a knock on my door.

I may physically be her age, but I still had reservations about crossing the line with both Rosa and Alicia because of my mental age. It always felt weird to me, but Rosa was extremely pushy and got me into those sorts of situations.

Even today was no different.

“Thanks…” Alicia’s eyes scanned the store quickly and made sure nobody else was around before she finished what she wanted to say, “... Ran. It got so busy because you weren’t around.”

“Sorry about that.”

“You said something unexpected came up, what was it?”

“Uh… well… it’s sort of a long story. Your fan club is pretty hardcore though.”

“They’re not my fan club, they’re valuable customers.”

“Haha, right, right. Sure, whatever you say. It must be tough being so popular.”

She puffed out one cheek and pinched my stomach.

“If I just said I had a boyfriend I probably wouldn’t have this problem you know.”

“You want me to come out and say that? I’ll be lynched by your fan club.”

“Val-u-a-ble cus-tom-ers. They are valuable customers, Ran. If not for them we wouldn’t have a job. You’re the one who taught me that.”

“Hahaha, yes, I did, didn’t I? But how would I know they’d start a religion around you?”

“They didn’t.”

“You’re in denial.”

“They didn’t.” She was adamant in refuting it despite the one guy who often came in with a book and preached to unenlightened new customers in the store about the good word of Goddess Alicia.

“Gospel Man pfft.”

“Don’t ever bring that subject up again. He is a… valuable customer…” Her smile was extremely stiff when she squeezed those two words out.

Gospel Man was something even Alicia, the social butterfly, found as someone difficult to deal with.

Gospel Man was the man who rose up to the challenge to unite her relig- ehem- fan club. Pffthahahaha. It was honestly pretty funny. They called themselves a fan club, but I was truly convinced they were a religion.

If Goddess Alicia really wanted some peace and quiet in the store, all she really needed to do was ordain it. I was convinced they’d all fall to their knees in worship and treat her words as some sort of divine command from the Heavens.

The power of attractive people was truly remarkable.

“You’re not going to tell me what happened?”

“Haaaaah. Well, I guess you could say I was finally ambushed by an assassin.”

“What! Are you okay!”

“Yes, yes. It’s all been taken care of with Rosa’s assistance somehow.”

“Phew. Thankfully it was her day off then. If it was another day she might not have gotten to you in time. She might have missed your call or text if working.”

“Yeah, now that you mention it. It actually is a godsend that it was on her day off. If it wasn’t I might have really… lost something important.”

“Lost something important?”

“Well, my life is pretty important, right?” My life as a man that is.

“Oh, that. Yes, that is very important.”

“Anyway, sorry for being late and making you worry.”

“It’s fine, as long as you’re safe.” When Alicia smiled at me, all the exhaustion I felt from the encounter today faded away into nothingness. A Goddess, it might not be so hard to see why her fan club thought of her that way.

64