Chapter 10 – Declaration
10.9k 30 329
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‘Have I been identified after all? But, it seems she doesn’t know my face?’ Naomi was confused, why’d the PD officer asked her home address?

“Why’d you want to know about it?”

“Ah, I can’t tell you about that.” Said Mifuyu.

“Okay, goodbye.” Naomi started walking again avoiding Mifuyu that stood in front of her.

“WAIT! I can’t tell you the detail but it’s related to her application to Esper Association’s program.”  Shouted Mifuyu.

‘So she was looking for me because of that? Well, at least they hadn't identified me yet.’

“I see, follow me.” Naomi walking towards her home and open it. Mifuyu followed Naomi into the house, after watching Naomi open it, she realized that all this time the girl itself was Naomi.

“You are Akasa Naomi!! Why don’t you tell me about that?”

“Why? You didn’t ask.” Naomi entered her house and inviting Mifuyu. “Please come in.”

Naomi goes to the living room and Mifuyu followed suit.

“Please wait here, I will brew some tea.” Said Naomi as she pointing at a couch for guests. Mifuyu sat on the couch and replied.

“No need for that, I need to go to the other house, I appreciate your offer but let’s get to the point already.”

“Well, okay.” Said Naomi as she sat on the sofa opposite the couch. “Please explain the application that you have mentioned earlier. Because if I remember correctly, my proposal was declined a few months ago because of my low power level.”

A few months ago, Naomi had submitted a proposal to join a program made by Esper Association. The program that she was interested in at that time was a high school made by Esper Association to nurture aspiring Esper that wanted to become an officer at Esper Association.

“The application that I had mentioned before was a lie. The truth is Esper Association made a new High School and now recruiting youth in their 2nd and 3rd years of middle school.” Explained Mifuyu.

“A new high school is it? I failed to understand why you wanted to meet me though.”

“As a said before, we are recruiting the youth in their 2nd and 3rd years. Although you are a bit of a special case, in your case, you were recruited because of your intelligence and decision making.” Mifuyu took out a square device from her pouch.

This device was a holo phone. A high technology that managed to shock the market 20 years ago, it was a phone that used a hologram as its screen. Not only that, it can hold a massive amount of data because it was using cloud technology as its storage. Because Naomi prefers a laptop and actual screen rather than a holo phone, she didn’t have one yet.

Mifuyu operates her holo phone and displayed a document containing the detail of the program that she mentioned earlier.

“Please read it, we really hope you will join this program as a special student.” Mifuyu presented her holo phone to Naomi so she could read the document.

The document was a detailed explanation of the program. But the main things in this document were about Esper Association recruiting youth all over the world to join the new High School specialized in nurture an Esper. The high school was located on the island owned by Esper Association called Avos Island. The island was named after the first Esper Association chairman that made an agreement with the governments.

“This is interesting. Could I give my answer in a few days? According to this document, I need my parent's consent if I wanted to apply.” Naomi handed Mifuyu’s holo phone back. Naomi was interested in this program. The Esper Association was trying to recruits a lot of genius or high Ranked children from all over the world in one place. The competition in this school will be fierce because it was intended to nurture geniuses all over the world. And for Naomi, that was a good thing to cure a bit of her boredom.

“Don’t worry about your parent's approval. You were recommended by them after all.” Mifuyu dropped a bomb with a smile.

‘Wait a minute! They were the ones that recommended me? Come to think of it what is their job anyway? They never told me about it and I honestly didn’t care because they were never home.’

“My parents recommended me? Yukimura-san, could you tell me what their job is? They never told me anything.” Naomi tried to ask Mifuyu. Even when Naomi’s parents called her, they never talked anything about their job. Now Naomi was curious because she found out that her parents could recommend her to Esper Association.

“Eh? You didn’t know?” Mifuyu had a surprised expression on her face. “Your parents, they are-“ Right before Mifuyu talked about Naomi's parent’s job, her holo phone was ringing.

“Ah! Please wait a minute, I need to take this call.” Mifuyu stands up and go to the corner to take the phone call.

After a while, Mifuyu sat back on the couch and saying.

“I’m sorry Akasa-san, it seems I can’t tell you about that.” Mifuyu apologized to Naomi while she clapped her hand in front of her chest.

‘Strange, she was about to tell me about it but changed her mind after a phone call?’ Naomi was suspicious.

“Why? You were about to tell me a while ago.”

“Well, I thought you are going to say that. That’s why earlier I had asked permission to explain this. The truth is, I recorded this conversation with a small camera in my uniform. My superior was watching this exchange live because this program was a secret from a regular citizen, they have to make sure that everything runs smoothly.” Explained Mifuyu.

“And your superiors prohibited you to tell me about my parent's job.” Guessed Naomi.

“Yes, the call earlier was my superior. So I’m sorry but I can’t tell you about it.”

“Well, that’s okay. If my parents already approved this and even recommend me to partake in this program. Then I will accept your invitation.” Said Naomi as she offered her hand to do a handshake.

Mifuyu took Naomi's hand and smiled kindly. “Then I, as Esper Association’s representative this time, welcomed you in our program.” Naomi smiled too and said.

“I am honored, please take care of me.”

“Yes, Akasa-san. We will send the details in 24 hours alongside a document needed to finalize your participation in our program. Then I will take my leave now.” Mifuyu stood up from her seat and exit Naomi’s house. As a good host, Naomi sends her off until the doorway.

“Take care on your way!” After sending Mifuyu off, Naomi goes to her room and sat on her study desk.

‘Well, it seems interesting. The problem is, what my parent's jobs are. I never asked them about it, but it seems like they are in a high position that have a relation with Esper Association or maybe a superior in Esper Association. Either way, I hope this program doesn’t disappoint me.”

Author Note :

Heyaa~ Author here~ Don't forget to favorite and leave a 5 start rating!

Hope you enjoy the chapter this far. I really didn't expect a lot of readers on my first original novel.

I can only say thank you for all of your support! Your comment help me to keep this novel going too so don't be shy and leave a lot of comment!!

329