Chapter 27 – Strength in Number 7
8.2k 39 259
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

3rd POV

After the ceremony ended, Naomi’s parents went home immediately. They say that they were tired after dealing with the guests after the attack and trying to find an open reservation spot for the ceremony.

They tell Naomi to go home with them, but Naomi refused them by saying that she wanted to stay a bit longer. She said she wanted to try the variety of food here and it’s rude if all the hosts were not present while the guests were still in the venue.

Naomi's reason makes sense, they back down and told Naomi to be careful. Naomi nodded and bid them farewell.

The other guests saw this as a chance to make a new relation with Akasa Inc.'s new Manager. Without her parents, the guests saw her as an easy target. Unfortunately for them, that’s far from the truth.

Surprisingly, the one that made the first move among the guests was Hyun-Woo. He approached Naomi in a friendly manner with a smile on his face.

“Good evening Miss Akasa. My name is Lee Hyun-Woo, a Founder of Luna Corporation. It’s delighted to make your acquaintance.” Hyun-Woo said that as he took out his name card from his pocket. “This is my Name Card, please take it.”

Naomi took the name card and read it.

‘Lee Hyun-Woo, Founder of Luna Corporation. What’s this idiot doing, the name of his company was as clear as day they belonged to Moon of Akasha! Rather, he decided on the name before I decided on the name wasn’t he? So what he meant by Luna was Mugetsu?’

“It’s nice to meet you, Mr. Lee. Unfortunately, I had no name card to give you, please forgive me.” Said Naomi.

“It’s no problem Miss Akasa, today I’m here to greet you. Maybe we can talk about some business at later date?” Hyun-Woo said smoothly.

“Yes, maybe we could meet up at a later day. Unfortunately, today was a hard day. Our opening ceremony was interrupted by an attack from Moon of Akasha. I wonder why they attack us?” Naomi sighed.

“That’s true. From my knowledge, Moon of Akasha never attacked a general populace. They only attack a public facility related to Esper Association.” Answered Hyun-Woo. He was irritated and angry because there was an impostor that smeared the name Moon of Akasha by attacking the innocent.

Hyun-Woo boss, Mugetsu was by standard the kindest person he ever met. She helps his sister even though he tried to stop her.

That’s why Hyun-Woo was the most loyal person to Mugetsu and her organization, the only one that can rival his loyalty was Rekka who had the same fate as him.

At that moment, Hyun-Woo’s holo phone was ringing. He looked at the caller and saw the name Fire.

“Please excuse me for a moment, Miss Akasa. I must take this call.” Hyun Woo said.

“Sure, Mr. Lee. I have to excuse myself too, I need to greet the other guests.” After hearing Naomi’s answer, Hyun-Woo bowed a little. He took the call and exit the room.

‘From his expression, I guess the caller was someone important? With Hyun-Woo here, doesn’t that mean I don’t have to give an order to Rekka for the impostor clean up? Well, I will ask him tomorrow just in case.’

Naomi decided to postpone his order to Rekka tomorrow. After talking to Hyun-Woo, the other guests started approaching Naomi and each of them gave a greeting.

Naomi only smiled wryly at each of them hoping to end this quickly.

***

Hyun-Woo’s POV

I was attending a branch opening ceremony of Akasa Inc. one of the biggest weapon manufacturers in the world.

The reason I’m attending this ceremony was to form a relationship with Akasa Inc. to provide a weapon for our organization, Moon of Akasha.

The founder of Akasa Inc., Akasa Tetsuma was a terrifying man. He’s an S-rank Esper, but his control over his ability, Earth Control, was monstrous at the point he can controlling iron and steel.

The co-founder of Akasa Inc., Akasa Mizuki in the other hand was a normal human. She had no fighting power at all, but she has a lot of political power. Her connection to the leaders around the world made her one of the most respected women in the world.

Lastly, the Manager of Akasa Inc. Japan’s branch, Akasa Naomi. Her appearance almost makes me mistaken her with Princess, but their atmosphere was too different.

She’s the daughter of Akasa Tetsuma and Akasa Mizuki, the report from Chi stated that she’s a C-Ranked Esper. I guessed her parents make her a Manager of Japan’s branch as a formality, the ones with the real power were her parents.

The opening ceremony was running smoothly until there is an explosion. What I didn’t expect was the explosion was caused by a group of idiots imitating our organization. They attacked the opening ceremony for a reason that I don’t know.

I gave Rekka a message telling him the gist of the attack. I had no time to tell him the details because Akasa Mizuki decided to hold another opening ceremony tonight at 5 Star Hotel.

She worked really fast, the guests were escorted by a limousine to the new venue. When we arrived at the hotel, it was already dark. They start the opening with an apology about the attack earlier and a speech from the Manager.

I heard Akasa Naomi’s speech and realized, she had a charisma of a leader. After the ribbon-cutting ceremony and greeted some guests, Akasa Tetsuma and Akasa Mizuki couple exiting the venue.

For some reason, Akasa Naomi didn’t leave with them. I took the chance and introduce myself to her with the hope of forming a relationship.

I thought of her as an easy target because she’s still a teenager, but she’s smart. I managed to get the promise to meet at later date, but my conversation was interrupted by a call from Rekka.

I excused myself and entered a private room and answered Rekka’s call.

“Is there anything you need Rekka? Because you just interrupted my chance to form a relationship with Akasa Inc.” I said to Rekka.

“Really? But this is an urgent matter, I got a report from Chi. She said that a group claiming to be Moon of Akasha was attacking many different places in Japan.” Answered Rekka.

I was surprised by the information and shouted to Rekka.

“What?! How dare they!!” I was angry. How dare they use our organization name to attack. “Rekka, is there any contact from Princess?”

“Princess said she needs to prepare to enter Esper Association’s program. She had no time to deal with any of this! She let me decide how things run in the meantime and order me to recruit some people into our organization. We managed to recruit a few people this week. I will mobilize them to weed out those impostors.” Explained Rekka.

“I see, need any help from me?”

“I need you on the base to protect it. There is already someone with the power to control a gravity stationed here just in case Princess power was sealed like 6 months ago. So we just need you to protect it.”

Rekka sure works fast, he found someone with a rare power like gravity control in one week? As expected of my rival!!

“Understood, you can pick me tomorrow. As you know I can’t fly.”

“Okay, tomorrow we will weed them until no one tries to imitate us anymore.”

Rekka ended the call after saying what he wants.

Just you wait for it, impostors, if your plan was to make us mad then your plan was a success.



Author Here~

I will update Oni in MHA every day on my Patreon until the goal was reached.

I uploaded 7 Advanced chapters of Oni in MHA and 10 Advanced chapters of Secret Organizations on my Patreon.

You can find it Here

Most of the money from my Patreon will go to help me write better and Ordering an Illustration for both of my works.

Join my discord!!
https://discord.gg/CM7BRUdd

259