Chapter 38 – Strength in Number 18
7.7k 34 240
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

3rd POV

“So did you want to follow me to the base now?” Naomi turned back and asked Melaine.

“Yes, but let me take my subordinate to my secondary residence first. I bet the Esper Association will come here after they know that my mansion was destroyed. They always monitor my Mansion after all.” Melaine disappeared after she said that leaving Naomi alone.

Naomi didn’t mind it this time, because she already knew Melaine’s ability. Naomi didn’t wait for Melaine for too long, Melaine had appeared again after a few seconds.

“Shall we go? Lady Mugetsu.”

Naomi nodded and she uses her Telekinesis to fly with Melaine. Her destination is the base, to drop Melaine and went back home.

As Naomi flew with Melaine, she suddenly felt something amiss. The power that she maintained to make the island fly suddenly slowed down.

Naomi looked at Melaine and saw her smiling.

“How is this? Isn’t it amazing? I make the time flew faster for us and the air surrounding us. Normally no one would notice it, but you noticed. It makes me fall deeper for you.” Melaine said as she touched her face with both of her hands.

Naomi stopped their flight suddenly. They float in the air as Naomi looked around the area below her. She crossed the land to go back to Asia Contingent, she thought she would need 30 minutes to go back to Japan from France, but now they’ve reached the Pacific Ocean instead.

‘This is indeed amazing, It’s not even a few minutes since our flight and we’ve passed our destination.’

“Indeed, good job Melaine. You make us go faster than I intended to and now we’ve passed our destination.” Naomi said as she turned back and flew to Japan.

Melaine's smile turned wry and she chuckled. “H-ahaha. I’m sorry.”

***

Naomi and Melaine reached the base that flew around Japan’s sea after a few minutes.

Naomi entered the house without saying anything followed by Melaine. Inside the house, Anna was watching TV with Dan-Bi and Rekka. They were watching the news about the Mansion of the last SSS-Ranked alive in the woods was destroyed by something.

Rekka had realized Naomi enter the house, he turned to Naomi and saw her approaching them.

“Princess, didn’t you said that you had something to do? What’s your purpose for the sudden visit?” Asked Rekka.

Anna and Dan-Bi noticed Naomi after Rekka asked the question. Anna turned excited immediately and Dan-Bi greeted Naomi with a nod.

“Welcome Princess!! It’s rare for you to visit us 2 times on the same day.” Said Anna energetically.

“Yes, I’m done with the stuff that’s why I came here again. Rekka, where are the new members and Julia?”

“Julia was in the basement of this house, earlier the Island suddenly started to fall that’s why she uses her Gravity Control to make the Island stabilize. For the new members, they were back to Chi’s place.”

“Sorry for that, I was not prepared to deal with the situation. I made trouble for you instead.”

“No, Princess. It was no trouble.” Rekka smiled and said. “By the way, who’s that little lady behind you?”

Their attention turned into Melaine that stood behind Naomi. She grabbed Naomi’s sleeves and poking her head out from behind.

“U-umm, I-I am Melaine! Melaine Monet!! I-it’s embarrassing~” Melaine hides behind Naomi’s back again after introducing herself.

‘This woman, does her brain short-circuited or something? How can she act like this with no shame at all.’ Though Naomi as she released a sigh.

“Cute~ Princess! She’s so cute! Where’d you kidnap her?” Anna squealed in delight when she saw Melaine.

Anna get up from the couch and jumped in Naomi’s direction. She circling Naomi and tried to hug Melaine with both of her hands. But, as Anna’s hand almost reached Melaine, she disappeared. Losing her target, Anna’s hand naturally extended trying to grab Naomi. Unfortunately, this time Naomi had disappeared too. With no target, Anna stumbled to the floor hitting her nose in the process.

“Aww!! That hurt!” Shouted Anna.

“Hey, there will be no hands touching me except for Lady Mugetsu. Got it?” Said Melaine as she appeared beside Anna and stepped on Anna’s back.

“Y-yes!” Shouted Anna. Melaine removes her feet from Anna’s back and smiled. She turned to Naomi that had changed her location, now sitting on the couch, and strode to her.

“Melaine… sit.” Said Naomi coldly.

Melaine felt dread from Naomi’s voice. When Naomi scolded her in the mansion earlier, she felt joy and wanted to be scolded more. But, this time the voice was devoid of any emotion. Melaine realized that she screwed up. She quietly sat down on the ground in front of Naomi and looked at her.

“I invited you to the organization thinking that you are compassionate towards your comrade and subordinates. When you defended your subordinates from my ability at that Mansion, I was impressed. That was my reason to invite you to join my organization.” Naomi crossed her legs and looking down at Melaine.

Melaine, although she could escape anytime from Naomi chose to stay silent and listening. She just realized what she did. Because of her act, she made one of the members want to hug her. But, instead of receiving the hug, she disappeared and stepped on her back. If someone did that to her subordinate, she would be mad too.

“I’m sorry, my body just moved. I won’t do it again.” Said Melaine in a low voice.

“It’s not me you should apologize to. Say that to Anna.”

Melaine turned to Anna that was standing and dusting her clothes. Melaine stood up and walked towards Anna. She stopped in front of her and bowed her head.

“I’m sorry, my body just moved earlier. I didn’t mean to do any of that.”

“No no no, it’s okay. It’s my fault for startling you, so it’s okay!” Anna said as she smiled towards Melaine. “After all it’s a big sister's job to forgive a little girl's conduct!”

Melaine raised her head and laugh after she heard Anna. Naomi also trying to hold back her laughter behind her mask.

Rekka, Dan-Bi, and Anna were left confused. Did Anna said anything wrong that Princess trying to hold her laughter?

“Ah- sorry. You don’t know it yet. It’s my bad.” Said Naomi as she stood up and approached Melaine.

“What do you mean Princess?” Asked Rekka.

“You see, this one here.” Naomi said as she pointed at Melaine.

“She’s older than any of us.” Continued Naomi.

“”HAA?!”” The Homuhara siblings shouted.

‘Yep, that’s the normal reaction. Unlike Lady Mugetsu.’ Thought Melaine as she nodded her head satisfied.



Author Here~

There are 5 chapters of my new series 'The New Horizon' on my Patreon, the update is inconsistent until chapter 10 (But there will at least be 1 chapter/week at minimum)

Here's the cover of my new Series! The New Horizon!

Spoiler

Cover

Illustrator: Raven (Pixiv https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/40961809)

[collapse]

More than 20 Advanced chapters (For both of my works) Are available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

Most of the money from my Patreon will go to help me write better and Ordering an Illustration for both of my works.

240