Chapter 40 – Strength in Numbers 20
7.8k 20 215
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rekka’s POV

Today was a surprising day. Princess suddenly visited the base when she said that she can’t visit us for 1 year.

Not only that, Julia, the maid with the Gravity Control ability had attacked Princess. It seems she had mistaken Princess as an intruder. How could she make such a mistake? Princess entered the base using her usual mask, why’d Julia regard her as an intruder?

It seems the reason behind her attack was Princess herself. Princess found Julia’s reaction being amusing and decided to play with her. Princess seems to be wanted to test Julia’s ability too, from what I’ve heard from Hyun-Woo that present on the scene at that time, Princess did not make any move when Julia used her Gravity Control on her.

 

Not to mention the new members, Stephen and Doni. As soon as they heard from Julia that there was an intruder, they run to the location immediately. While that is a good decision, they should have listened to the information about the intruder first before they act.

 

Especially, Stephen, he dumped our hostage on the ground without thinking about it. Well, I asked Luna to open a portal, that’s what I named her ability, to Chi’s place and explained the situation to her.

 

The incident ended with Julia and Doni apologized to Princess, after that Princess asked the new members to go out of the house because she had something to said to me and Hyun-Woo.

What I didn’t expect was Princess to show her face to us. Anna and Dan-Bi choose to not know Princess's face because they were afraid about the risk. To my surprise, Princess is young as I and Hyun-Woo expected. She’s only 16 years old girl, to think that she had this burden on her shoulder makes me want to help her even more.

 

Princess explained her plan to us and about the new information that she had. The Tokyo branch of Esper Association made a contract with her company, Akasa Inc., to supply them with 13 weapons monthly. It seems at first the number was supposed to be 20, Princess managed to decrease the number to 13 and get us 7 weapons every month because of that.

 

Princess leaves the base after she explained her plan, she must be really busy. The time passed and the sun has set. When we were watching TV in the living room of the base, suddenly the base was falling.

 

Julia immediately uses her ability to stabilize the base, but because she is in the living room she can’t exert her full power. She went down to the basement of the house which we use as storage and stabilize the base from there.

Anna was panicked for a while thinking that something must be happening to Princess. But, Dan-Bi calmed Anna down by telling her that there is no way someone could put Princess in danger.

I, myself was worried too. But that worry was gone after Princess visited the base again. This time, there is someone hiding behind her. She was a girl with height no more than Dan-Bi. Her stature was the same as Princess when I met her for the first time.

The girl even wears the same one-piece as what Princess usually wore 6 months ago, the difference is the girl didn’t wear a mask and her hair was long tied into twintail.

 

If I didn’t know that Princess was 16 years old girl, I might have assumed the girl was Princess’s daughter. Princess asked the girl to introduce her name, and she introduced herself as Melaine Monet.

Because the girl, Melaine acted cute when she introduced herself, Anna tried to hug her, but Melaine and Princess were disappeared when Anna approached them. Anna stumbled to the ground because her target was gone, right after Anna hit the ground Melaine appeared again and stepped on Anna’s back.

 

I almost lost control of my emotion and attack Melaine, but Princess beat me to it and called Melaine and told her to sit. Princess scolded Melaine like a big sister scolding her little sister. Princess told Melaine to apologize to Anna.

Maybe because Anna was the youngest amongst us, she treated Melaine like a younger sister. When Anna said that, for some reason, Princess was holding laughter. Melaine on the other was laughing loudly. Princess managed to hold back her laughter said sorry to us and said that Melaine actually was older than any of us.

 

Princess explained everything to us, from who was Melaine actually and what’s her reason being here. Princess said that Melaine was one of the oldest Esper still alive, and the mansion of SSS-Ranked Esper that was on the news earlier was her mansion.

 

Then Princess asked me about the impostors, I tell her that we managed to exterminate one of their bases and we were interrogating their leader. Princess then turned to Melaine and said that Melaine was the one behind the impostors. I didn’t understand at first, but it seems Melaine was hiring people to act like the Moon of Akasha so the world won’t forget us.

 

Unfortunately, Princess was not fond of that. She ordered Melaine to join me to exterminate the rest of the impostors. After that Princess leaned to Melaine’s ear and whispering something. I didn’t know what Princess said but Melaine suddenly stood up and grab me.

 

The next thing I know, I was in the middle of a jungle, and in front of me was a girl wearing a mask like a mask that Princess wore.

“Melaine?” I asked to confirm it.

 

“Yes, let’s get this done tonight. I want to end this quickly and go back to Lady Mugetsu. Huehehehe Lady Mugetsu’s reward, what is it I wonder~” Melaine walked away while she said that.

 

I naturally followed behind her, I don’t understand why I suddenly appeared in the middle of a jungle. I guessed it was the work of Melaine’s ability.

“Well, where is this?” I asked Melaine.

 

“I just jumped down from the base, we are right under it. Well, that doesn’t matter, can you fly?” Melaine stopped on her track and asked me.

“I can, where will we be headed to?”

“For now, It’s the United States! That’s their biggest base. Let’s go!!” Melaine grabbed me and pointed in the direction of the United States.

Well, it seems I will not sleep tonight.

 



Author Here~

There are 6 chapters of my new series 'The New Horizon' on my Patreon, the update is inconsistent until chapter 10 (But there will at least be 1 chapter/week at minimum)

Here's the cover of my new Series! The New Horizon!

Spoiler

Cover

Illustrator: Raven (Pixiv https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/40961809)

[collapse]

More than 20 Advanced chapters (For both of my works) Are available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

Most of the money from my Patreon will go to help me write better and Ordering an Illustration for both of my works.

Big thanks to the new Squad Leader!!
- Jake Hewitt

215