Chapter 41 – Strength in Numbers 21
7.3k 47 207
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rekka’s POV

I’m flying while holding Melaine in my arms. The destination is the United States, while flying in the sky, I asked Melaine about her ability.

“Melaine, what’s your ability? Can you tell me? So we can know each other strengths and weaknesses in order to cooperate better.”

“Sure, you first.” Said Melaine.

“Hmm, my ability is Pyrokinesis. I could create any kind of fire and control it freely. I’m an SS-Rank Esper too, so my control over my ability is good. I could control any kind of fire in the radius of 500 meters right now.” I explained my ability to Melaine. I don’t see any need to hide it, because Pyrokinesis is a well-known ability.

“Your control is too good if you could control any fire in the radius of 500 meters. The SS-Ranked Pyrokinesis that I knew decades ago could only control it in a radius of 200 meters. You should be proud of yourself!” Melaine complimented me. Well, I trained hard in these 6 months to be useful to Princess. It’s obvious that I would be better than any Pyrokinesis Esper out there.

“Hmm, how should I explain my ability to you? For the simple term, my ability is time manipulation.” Said Melaine. I was surprised, time is a concept itself, and she can manipulate it? Princess did manage to recruit another outrageous individual. I got surprised so many times in these 6 months together with Princess than my 23 years of life.

“That’s amazing…” As I said that Melaine interrupted me by saying.

“Stop, we’ve arrived.”

I stopped as she said and asked her.

“Hmm, how could we’ve arrived already? It’s just around 10 minutes since we flew towards the United States. With my speed, there is no way we would have arrived in 10 minutes...” I said, but in the middle of my sentences, I remember what Melaine’s ability is. “…Time manipulation”

“Right, we are right above their base right now.” I looked down and saw a factory. Around the factory was a well-lit neighborhood.

I become a bit restless with attacking the enemy base because of this, every time I had attacked the Esper Organization or the fake base before there were no civilians around. Even when I had joined Princess’s organization, I never kill any civilians before.

“They are here? We are technically in the middle of a city.” I asked Melaine. I didn’t doubt her, but I need to make sure. I need to prepare myself for some civilian casualties.

“Is this your first time attacking a base in the middle of a city? Most of the undergrounds group make their base in the middle of a city. Like a man once said. ‘The best place to hide is the most obvious place’, that’s why they built their base in the city while camouflaging it as a normal factory.” Explained Melaine.

‘Indeed, we have a base in the middle of a busy street too. And not the usually busy street, but in the Avos Island.’

“I see… then do you have any strategy to attack them?”

“First, let’s land.” As Melaine said that, I landed not far from the factory. “Next, close your eyes.” I was confused why I must close my eyes but I obeyed her. She had more experience than me after all.

“So you’ve come, what do you want? It’s rare for you to meet me.” I heard a voice talking. The voice sounds like Melaine, but as Melaine wears a mask right now her voice was changed a little.

“Rekka, you can open your eyes now.” Said another voice that sounded similar to the previous voice. But, this time the voice came right beside me, that’s why I opened my eyes.

When I opened my eyes, I saw Melaine standing beside me while holding her mask with her left hand. We are inside a room that’s which I was not familiar with. Although just a few seconds ago we were standing in front of the factory.

“Rekka you said? Is he Rekka Homuhara, the right hand of Lady Mugetsu?!” As I was looking at Melaine, I could hear her voice again. But, the voice came from a different direction.

“Wha- 2 Melaine?“ I let out a surprised yelp because I was not expecting another Melaine appeared in front of me.

I looked in the direction where the voice comes from and saw another Melaine sitting in front of me. But, the Melaine in front of me has her hair cut into shoulder-length. She totally imitates Princess with her hair and black one-piece dress that adorned her body.

“Wow! He’s the real one!! Could it be, Lady Mugetsu is here too?” The other Melaine? stood up and approached me. She’s circling around me and looking at me like I am a research subject that interest her.

“Stop what you’re doing right now, you are rude to him.” The real Melaine said as she put her hand on the other Melaine? shoulder.

“Why’d you stop me? I mean, he’s the real right-hand man of Lady Mugetsu!!” The other Melaine? protested to Melaine while swinging her hand up and down.

“Calm!! DOWN!!” Shouted Melaine. “First, sit. Then we talked.” Said Melaine with a stern voice.

“Fine~” The other Melaine go back to her position before she approached me and took 2 chairs from behind her seat. She prepared the chair in front of her seat and sat down.

“You can sit here.” She said while pointing at the chair in front of her.

Melaine sat down on the chair and I followed her. I was still confused by the appearance of the 2nd Melaine, but for now, I will not let it bother me. I still don’t understand Melaine’s intention of taking me to this room, I guess it was to meet with this girl but why?

“So, what did you want to talk about? Big sister~” The other Melaine? said to Melaine.

‘Big sister?? She’s Melaine’s sister?’ I thought while doing my best to maintain a poker face. Right now I am in front of a stranger, so I won’t easily show my surprised face. My reaction earlier was my blunder which I won’t repeat again.

“I did say to you to not call me that!!” Shouted Melaine with an angry tone.

‘It seems they have some problems with each other… It’s not my place to butt in.’ I analyzed the situation and decided to keep quiet for now.

“Why? We have the same DNA. And I, the one that was born after you, naturally is your little sister right? Why did you forbid me calling you Big sister?” Melaine’s little sister said while wiping tears on her eyes.

“Shut up! … We don’t have time for this…” Said Melaine as she sighing to calm herself.

Melaine looked straight to her little sister? and said. “Tell all your subordinates to stop their attack on the random spot using Moon of Akasha’s name. Lady Mugetsu was angry because of it.”

“Hmm, is that so? But, Big sister. I refuse that order.” Said Melaine’s little sister as she smiled.

“Hmm, you refused? I was the one that hired you to attack, now I want it to be stopped and you refuse?”

“Yes, I changed my mind. I, after watching the video of Lady Mugetsu destroying the Esper Association’s facility, had fallen in love with her. I want to present this world to her!! That’s why I will keep attacking using her organization’s name so the world will fear and be awed when they heard Lady Mugetsu’s name!! I will change the world using Lady Mugetsu's name!”

Melaine’s little sister's face was twisted into a sadistic smile.



Author Here~

There are 6 chapters of my new series 'The New Horizon' on my Patreon, the update is inconsistent until chapter 10 (But there will at least be 1 chapter/week at minimum)

Here's the cover of my new Series! The New Horizon!

Spoiler

Cover

Illustrator: Raven (Pixiv https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/40961809)

[collapse]

More than 20 Advanced chapters (For both of my works) Are available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

Most of the money from my Patreon will go to help me write better and Ordering an Illustration for both of my works.

207