Chapter 42 – Strength in Numbers 22
7.3k 38 197
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rekka’s POV

‘She’s crazy, I need to talk now or she won’t stop.’

“You, those impostors are your subordinates?” I asked Melaine’s little sister.

“Rekka!” Melaine suddenly shouted at me.

“Yes!! That’s correct!” Answered Melaine’s little sister in a delighted tone.

“Stop your action right now, Princess didn’t like your action. If you have really fallen in love with her, I know that you will stop your action.” I said.

“Even you? Why don’t you understand? I did all of this for Lady Mugetsu! I want to spread her name to the world!!” Melaine’s little sister's expression suddenly turned into that of anger. She stood up and shouted.

“Hey, all of you!! Capture these 2!! They are here to stop us from offering this world to Lady Mugetsu!!”

“Tch, talking didn’t work as I expected. I was hoping that at least we could end it with a talk.” Melaine clicked her tongue and wear the mask that she held in her left hand. “Rekka, let’s destroy this place. Leave her to me! I will end her myself.” Said Melaine as she stood up and took a fighting stance.

I stood up too and prepared myself to use my ability at moment's notice. The fire appeared above both of my hands ready to be unleashed anytime.

“Are you sure? She’s your little sister right?” I asked Melaine.

When I said that, the wall of the room was destroyed and a lot of people wearing black clothes entered the room surrounding us. Some of them holding a riffle, and some of them were demonstrating their ability as an Esper.

“No, she’s not. She’s a part of my failure from the war 80 years ago. She’s my clone, created by the Esper Association!!” Melaine put her back on mine as we cover each other.

“Clone? I need you to explain it to me after we are done with this!! Leave those small fries to me.” I said as the fire on my hand was getting bigger.

“Yeah, I will leave them to you!” After Melaine said that, she disappeared alongside the other Melaine.

“Alright, come with me you small fry!! I will fry you until not even your ash remained!”

After I said that, a person from the crowd was stepping forward.

“Allow me to fight you by myself. My name is Daniel, I want to request a duel between an Esper with you, Mr. Homuhara Rekka.” He said as he bowed his head.

“Daniel was it, I appreciate your thought. Unfortunately, Princess had ordered me to get rid of you, impostors, quickly. So forgive me as I won’t be able to agree to your request. Come to me together with your comrades! I will end this quickly.” I created a wall of fire to surround the impostors inside.

The guy that introduced himself as Daniel stepped backward to join his comrades. His face was twisted into a mad scowl after I refused his request for a duel.

“You!! Even if you are the right hand of Mugetsu, don’t get cocky!! There is no way you could defeat us by yourself.” Daniel said as he created a ball of water from his palm and shoot it towards me.

As the ball of water approached me, I send a wave of flame forwards. The flame engulfs the water vaporizes it and keeps going in Daniel’s direction. He was eaten by the wave of flame with temperature reached around 4000°Celcius and burned alive.

“AAAHHHHhhh-!” After getting burned into charcoal, his remains collapse to the ground and shattered into black ash.

“Now, if you lot doesn’t want to end up like him, come !!”

***

3rd POV

Melaine had used her ability to slow down the time around to the extreme and take her look-alike outside the factory. She feels responsible for creating this mess by hiring her own clone created by the Esper Association to act like Naomi’s organization member.

After Melaine took her clone out from the factory, she deactivated her ability and the time turned normal again.

“You want to stop me that much? You even bring me outside by yourself!” Screamed Melaine’s clone. “You think you had a right to stop me and kill me because I’m your clone? Did you really think that!!?”

Melaine had a pained look on her face hearing her clone scream. She indeed felt responsible about it, but it was mostly her fault that the situation becomes like this.

“No, I just want you to stop this! If I want to kill you, I won’t save you from that facility!! I suggest you stop and come with me! We can be together under Lady Mugetsu if you accept it. You want to change the world right? Imagine doing it while following Lady Mugetsu. I know your feeling, I too had fallen in love with her after all!”

Melaine shouted back at her clone, she wanted to save her clone. That was the reason why she targeted this factory first and had a talk with her.

“Liar! There is no way I could do that. There is no way you will accept me! No one will accept a clone like me!!” Melaine’s clone shouted as she dashed to Melaine. She stretched her hand and made a pulling gesture. A rock behind Melaine was pulled when Melaine’s clone was making a pulling gesture, flying towards Melaine.

“I will!! So stop it!” Melaine slowed down the time and evade the rock. She went towards her clone and moved her because she was in the rock’s flying path.

Melaine deactivated her ability after she moved her clone.

“Again, you are talking about accepting me. But, you refused to be called big Sister!! You never call my name!! I had a name too, why you never call me by my name?” Melaine’s clone was shouting while controlling the objects around Melaine to attack her.

“I was afraid!” Melaine activated her ability and disappeared. “I am afraid to accept you, that’s until yesterday.” Melaine appeared behind her clone and restrained her hand.

“I don’t know if there is someone with the same goal as me!! I was afraid if I accept you, the Esper Association would change their target to you!!” Melaine shouted as she toppled her clone to the ground.

“Then, why were you never called me by my name?! Try to call me!!” Melaine’s clone struggled under Melaine’s restrain. She can’t free herself and can’t use her ability because her hand was restrained.

“I-I … Bel… just stop this and go with me.” Melaine said. “It’s been 80 years, I come here to stop you and fix our relationship. I was a jerk by abandoning you and treat you like a subordinate of mine. I want to apologize to you, I want to start this over.”

Melaine’s clone, Bel, struggle stopped. A crying sound could be heard from her.

“Finally… after 80 years… you called me. Why did you never call me by my name? The name that you had given me when you freed me from that facility?”

Melaine released her restrain over Bel and said. “Well, I...”

Right before Melaine finished her sentence, she heard a voice of something exploding from behind. She turned back while helping Bel to stand up.

“I will tell you later, okay? For now, we need to help Rekka.”

“Okay, I will help too, because this was caused by me.” Bel wiped her tears and stood up.

“Alright, let’s go.” The two of them disappeared from their location and appeared again inside the factory that was burned by flames.



Author Here~

There are 6 chapters of my new series 'The New Horizon' on my Patreon, the update is inconsistent until chapter 10 (But there will at least be 1 chapter/week at minimum)

Here's the cover of my new Series! The New Horizon!

Spoiler

Cover

Illustrator: Raven (Pixiv https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/40961809)

[collapse]

More than 20 Advanced chapters (For both of my works) Are available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

Most of the money from my Patreon will go to help me write better and Ordering an Illustration for both of my works.

197