Chapter 43 – Strength in Numbers 23
6.8k 33 206
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

3rd POV

Rekka stood in the middle of the burning factory surrounded by black ash, the remains from the impostors. He noticed Melaine and Bel appeared inside the building and turned towards them.

“Oh, you are done Melaine?” Asked Rekka.

“Y-Yeah, it seems you didn’t need my help? And I come here as fast as I could when I heard the explosion.” Answered Melaine.

“That was me, I am too fired up that I forgot to see the surrounding. I accidentally blew up some underground gas channel.” Rekka dusted his clothes and approached Melaine and Bel. He looked at Bel and said. “Is she coming with us?”

“Yes, that’s my plan. Is she a bother?” Said Melaine as she looked at Rekka.

“Well…”

“Please allow me to come with you! I will do anything, I can even pretend to be Lady Mugetsu sometimes if you needed me to. Although I’m a clone of my Big Sister, my ability is Telekinesis!” Bel stepped forward in front of Rekka and begged him.

Seeing a girl begged in front of him make him a bit hesitant. Rekka looked at Melaine and saw her nodded her head.

When Rekka was about to agree to bring her, a siren and the sound of a helicopter approaching was heard.

“It’s the Esper Association, they were fast.” Said Melaine as she took off her mask and give it to Bel. “Bel, wear this. We can’t allow them to see your face.”

Bel took Melaine's mask and wore it. Melaine looked at Rekka waiting for his approval.

“Alright, we can bring her.” Rekka said and he controlled the fire that burns the building and made it disappear.

“Good, how about we show our face to the Esper Association before we go back to the base?” Said Melaine as she activated her ability and slow down the time.

They disappeared from their previous position and appeared outside the factory. When they appeared outside the factory, they saw a group of people wearing PD uniforms already surrounded the factory.

From the group of PD, a man in his thirties stepped forward holding a megaphone.

“A- Stop your movement!! This area is surrounded by the Esper Association! Cease your resistance and surrender!!” He shouted on the megaphone causing his voice to be louder.

“Bel, it’s your turn.” Melaine looked at Bel that was wearing a mask like Mugetsu.

Bel looked at Melaine and then turned to Rekka. She seems to look for approval from Rekka to do something.

“Oh? I see, maybe Princess will allow it if it’s just like this. You can do it.” Rekka nodded and give his permission. He walked and stopped behind Bel, he wanted to create the usual situation when he attacked the Esper Association with Princess.

Bel nodded and used her Telekinesis to control the object around them.

“My mask had a feature to change your voice, I already set it to sound similar to Lady Mugetsu's voice 6 months ago.” Said Melaine.

Bel nodded and turned to look at the group of PD that turned wary when she uses her Telekinesis.

“Surrender? You want me, Mugetsu, to surrender? Are you dogs of the Esper Association serious?” The voice that came out from Bel was similar to Naomi’s voice 6 months ago when she made a declaration.

The group of PD officers were hit by a realization, at first they had thought that there was no way Mugetsu attacked a factory in the United States. Although her appearance was similar to the reported file of Mugetsu, they thought it was an impostor.

But, after they saw her Telekinesis ability and her voice was similar to the video that was turning as evidence in the Esper Association. They know that the person in front of them was not an impostor.

“A-attack!!!” The man that was holding the megaphone shouted out an order.

The group of PD officers immediately unleashed their ability to Rekka’s group.

Fire, Ice, Earth, Wind, any kind of ability were launched. Seeing the attack, Melaine activated her ability and disappeared from their position.

Because the attack from the group of PD causing a cloud of smoke and dust, they can’t see Rekka’s group. They waited for the cloud of smoke and dust to disappear to see their condition.

As they were waiting, a fireball with a diameter of 30 meters appeared above them and slowly but surely coming down.

“Barrier!! Put on the barrier!! Anyone that has Ice and Water ability, shoot that fireball! No matter what we can’t let it hit us!!”

Shout and scream filled the group of PD, barriers, and wall of earth were erected above their group. Water and Ice were launched at the fireball causing a steam explosion.

Hot steam filled the area, the vision was limited because of the white steam. At that moment, a voice could be heard.

“Is this the level of this country’s Esper Association? I was disappointed. Hear me, you dog of Esper Association. Tell your owner that we, the Moon of Akasha, will spread the truth to the world!! I, Mugetsu, swore on my name!”

The group of PD officers were panicked, the man that gave out the order earlier took a quick decision and gave another order.

“Wind ability Esper!! Use your ability to get rid of this steam!! FAST!! Or they will escape from us!”

The Espers with the ability to control Wind used their ability and get rid of the steam. They managed to get rid of the steam after a few seconds. But when the steam was cleared, Rekka’s group were nowhere to be found.

“DAMN IT!! They have escaped.” The leader slammed down the megaphone that he held. He gritted his teeth and looking at the sky. “Moon of Akasha, just wait. The Esper Association will capture all your members!!” He looked at the helicopter at the sky that was recording the attack.

***

Meanwhile, with Naomi.

After Naomi has done with her coffee, she wears her mask again and entered the house.

“Dan-Bi, thank you for the drink.” Naomi gave the empty cup to Dan-Bi and thanked her.

“You’re welcome, Princess.” Dan-Bi took the empty cup and put it on the table together with the rest of the cups.

“Princess, what will you do now? Do you want to stay over?” Asked Anna.

“Unfortunately, I can’t stay over. I will go back for now, and I don’t know when will I be able to come here again.” Naomi said as she shook her head.

“I see, that’s really unfortunate. But, Princess. Please visit us when you have time, okay?” Anna approached Naomi and hugged her. Anna looked up at Naomi's face while hugging her.

“If I have time.” Said Naomi.

Anna beamed out a smile and release Naomi from the hug. “Okay!! Please be careful on your way back, Princess!!”

Anna waved her hand.

“Please be careful Princess.” Said Dan-Bi as she bowed a little.

“Yes, see you again.” Answered Naomi as she exited the house and flew back to her home.

‘Now, I need to think of an excuse. I don’t want my parents to suspect me right now.’ Naomi flew back while thinking about her excuse.

‘Well, let’s say I just get back from my friend's house.’ Naomi didn’t know yet, that she will get a surprise when she has arrived at her home.



Author Here~

There are 6 chapters of my new series 'The New Horizon' on my Patreon, the update is inconsistent until chapter 10 (But there will at least be 1 chapter/week at minimum)

Here's the cover of my new Series! The New Horizon!

Spoiler

Cover

Illustrator: Raven (Pixiv https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/40961809)

[collapse]

More than 20 Advanced chapters (For both of my works) Are available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

Most of the money from my Patreon will go to help me write better and Ordering an Illustration for both of my works.

Thanks the New Squad Leader :
- Judd

206