Chapter 44 – Strength in Numbers 24
7k 23 215
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

3rd POV

“I’m home.” Naomi said as she entered her house. She destroyed the mask that she was wearing earlier and threw it into the sea. She destroyed it because she has no plan to use the mask for at least a year, she wants the name Mugetsu to disappear for a while.

“Oh, Naomi! Welcome home, where were you? Coming home this late? It’s dangerous outside!” Naomi’s Dad, Tetsuma welcomed Naomi with a shout from the living room and asked her.

“I was in my friend’s house, I met them when I was done negotiating with the Esper Association.” Answered Naomi as she took off her shoes and go to the living room.

“Is that so, but it’s good that you are safe.” Said Tetsuma.

In the living room, Tetsuma and Mizuki were sitting on the couch watching a TV. When Naomi entered the living room, Mizuki looked over her and said.

“Did you have dinner already?”

“Not yet, is there any ingredient on the kitchen Mom?” Naomi approached the couch and stopped behind Mizuki.

“There is curry in the fridge, you just need to heat it in the microwave.”

“Okay, I will change my clothes and heat the curry.” Naomi goes upstairs to her room and changed her clothes. She wears a loose white t-shirt and shorts.

After changing her clothes, Naomi went to the kitchen and heated the curry. She took a plate and preparing the rice as the curry was being heated in the microwave.

*ding* The sound that indicates the Microwave was done heating the curry was heard by Naomi. She took the plate full of rice and put the curry on top of it.

Naomi goes to the living room bringing the curry rice and sat down on the couch beside Mizuki.

“Naomi, eat in the dining room. Why did you eat here?” Asked Mizuki.

“Well, I want to watch TV too, it’s just 1 plate so I think I could eat it while watching the TV.” Answered Naomi.

“Maa, don’t sweat it, mom! Naomi has been a good girl, so if she wants to eat here, why not?” Said Tetsuma as he patted Mizuki's shoulder.

“I guess so, well enjoy your meal, Naomi. Is it good?” Said Mizuki.

Naomi took a bite of the curry rice and said. “Umm, It’s good.”

“That’s good.” Mizuki watches the TV again as she said that.

The program that was aired on TV was a comedy from the US because all of them understand English, they had no problem understanding the joke and the language.

Naomi enjoyed the curry rice while watching the comedy show, but suddenly the camera of the show was changed into that of news.

「We are very sorry for the sudden change in the schedule. We just received a live feed from one of our news helicopters. They managed to record the explosion from the factory in the middle of a city. The news helicopter right now was recording the incident right above the factory. Let’s ask the personnel on the scene.」

The screen was changed into a burning factory in the middle of a city in the United States.

“That’s terrible, the fire is so big that it engulfed the whole building. How’s the fate of the worker inside?” Tetsuma touched his chin with his right hand while watching the TV.

「Thank you, John, from the Studio. This is Amy reporting from the scene. As you can see, the fire had eaten the whole factory and kept getting bigger.」

The Esper Association’s car had arrived and the PD came out one by one. They surrounded the building in an orderly manner.

「The Esper Association PD had arrived. Could the burning factory be the act of an Esper?」

The factory was burning in a flame bigger than the building itself. The flame was getting bigger, but suddenly it disappeared. The reporter was surprised and got fired up.

「Look! The fire suddenly disappeared. The Esper Association’s public defender has surrounded the building. Let’s take a look at how the situation will develop from the sky.」

Naomi was getting excited watching the news. She ate her curry faster and finished in a flash in order to focus on watching the TV.

‘An attack! This is exciting. I want to join in too~’ thought Naomi.

Naomi stood up and picked a bottle of water in the fridge and sat down again on the couch. She drank the water while watching the TV.

「Wait, there is someone standing in front of the factory!!」

After the reporter said that, the camera was zoomed in to the entrance of the factory.

「That is!! A figure of 3 people standing in front of the factory is… they are! The Moon of Akasha right hand, codename from the Esper Association Salamander!! And in front of him… to think she is here! The one called the worst Esper in history by the Esper Association, Mugetsu!!! The 3rd figure is unknown, a girl with the same height as Mugetsu, no information is known!!」

Naomi spurted the water on her mouth when she heard that.

“Naomi!! That’s dirty!” Exclaimed Mizuki.

“That’s right Naomi, you can’t spurt water like that!” Added Tetsuma.

“I’m sorry, I just got surprised to see the news. I heard about them from my friend 6 months ago, to think they appeared on TV is a surprise for me.” Said Naomi.

‘What’s that reporter said? I am called the worst Esper, at least call me Moon of Akasha’s leader or The strongest Esper. The worst Esper, really?’ thought Naomi.

「They seem to talk about something with the Esper Association PD.」

As the reporter said that, in the camera, every object around the 3 figures were floating.

「She uses her ability!! Go higher! Take the helicopter higher, we don’t want to get into their crossfire.」

As the helicopter went higher, the camera keeps zooming to keep the TV viewers informed about the situation.

The Esper Association’s PD could be seen using their ability to attack the 3 figures. They created a cloud of dust and smoke that prevented the reporters to see the situation.

As the cloud of dust and smoke begin to dissipate, the 3 figures were standing on top of the factory「Look, they are on the factory’s roof!」

Suddenly, a big fireball appeared right below the helicopter, almost touching the helicopter. The reporter was panicked and tell the pilot to go away from the location.

「T-T-That’s from us, studio please respond! We will back away from here, it’s too dangerous.」

「Roger, thank you for reporting from the scene. I will take over.」

‘Well, what were those idiots doing there with someone that was cosplaying as pitiful me from 6 months ago?’

When the helicopter went away from the location, a burst of white steam favor filled the area where the fireball was.

The camera went back to the guys in the studio and Naomi lost her interest.

“Dad, Mom, I will go to my room.” Said Naomi. “Good Night.” She approached Mizuki and give her a kiss on the cheeks.

“Good Night Naomi.” Both of them answered Naomi and she went upstairs.

‘Those idiots! If they want to attack someplace, why did they leave me!!’ Naomi felt a bit angry because she was left alone by her subordinates.

‘If they were like that, I won’t invite any of them to attack someplace in the future!!’



Author Here~

There are 6 chapters of my new series 'The New Horizon' on my Patreon, the update is inconsistent until chapter 10 (But there will at least be 1 chapter/week at minimum)

Here's the cover of my new Series! The New Horizon!

Spoiler

Cover

Illustrator: Raven (Pixiv https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/40961809)

[collapse]

More than 20 Advanced chapters (For both of my works) Are available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

Most of the money from my Patreon will go to help me write better and Ordering an Illustration for both of my works.

215