Chapter 49 – Strength in Numbers Final
6.6k 28 212
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello there~

The 3rd arc is done, next, we will be entering the new arc!

Thanks for all your support and comment, and a special thank you to all of you who have supported me on Patreon.

Well, Enjoy the chapter!~

“So, can you explain? Melaine.”

As Naomi promised, she visited the base a week after her deal with Hyun-Woo. She visited at dawn because today she still had a business in her office.

Because Naomi demolished her mask the last time she visited the base, she buy a new mask before coming here. She buy a white mask this time to make sure no one would suspect her as Mugetsu.

Right now Naomi sitting on the couch and asking Melaine that sat across her.

Sitting beside Melaine is an exact copy of her, only her hair was cut short resembling Naomi’s hair. She’s Bel, the leader of the impostors, and Melaine’s supposed to be a clone.

Melaine lowered her head, she feel guilty towards Naomi for taking a decision by herself.

“I have no excuse-“

“Umu, so you have no excuse. How about your twin sister?” Naomi looked at Bel and she flinched.

Although Bel was scared by what will Naomi did to her, she was happy that she finally saw her beloved Lady Mugetsu right in front of her. Bel’s expression melted into a happy smile with her droll dripping from her mouth.

‘So this one is no good too, as expected of Melaine’s sister. They both a pervert!’ thought Naomi as she watched Bel.

“I-I-I am happy to meet you, Lady Mugetsu!!” Bel exclaimed as she leaned forward do Naomi.

Melaine reached toward Bel and pulled her back to the couch before she can lean any further.

“I’m sorry for her behavior! Also Lady Mugetsu, she’s not my sister!”

Melaine restrained Bel that struggled to reach Naomi.

‘Hm, she’s not her sister? Then… she’s her daughter?’ Naomi was thinking that Bel is Melaine’s sister at first. But, after remembering Melaine’s ability, Naomi thinks that it was not strange if she had a daughter.

“I see, so she’s your … that. I understand.” Naomi nodded and raised her hand to stop Melaine from restraining Bel.

Bel stopped her struggling had a shocked expression on her face, she looked at Melaine who had the same expression.

“I … see.” Melaine muttered as she released Bel.

Melaine had a small smile on her face, she released tears from her eyes. Melaine feels relieved when Naomi said that she understand, she had always thought that Naomi will know that Bel was her clone.

Bel released tears from her eyes too when she looked that Melaine was crying.

Melaine wiped her tears and looked at Naomi, “Can you allow her to stay here, Lady Mugetsu? She can sleep in my room together with me.”

“No problem, just … be nice to her. Okay?”

“Yes, I will take care of her.” Nodded Melaine.

‘As expected, she is Melaine’s daughter! Now that matter is done, let’s get into the other.’ Thought Naomi.

“Then that matter is done. Let’s get into the previous one. Why’d you keep interfering with my plan, Melaine?” Asked Naomi.

“Yes, I have no excuse.”

“Still have no excuse? The reward that I promised you, I won’t give it. Consider that your punishment.” Naomi crossed her leg as she said that.

“Tha-“ Melaine almost shouted at Naomi but she stopped herself and said, “I understand. But, could you tell me my fault? I annihilated the impostors as you command, but why’d I interfere with your plan?”

“That girl…” Naomi pointed at Bel, “She was the one that dressed like me 6 months ago right?”

Bel and Melaine nodded at Naomi. Then Melaine had a realization.

“Oh, I had messed up.”

Melaine remember that Mugetsu had declared she will disappear for 2 years. And Melaine had made Bel acted as Mugetsu before the 2 years of disappearance. She had made Mugetsu a liar that break her own words.

“I messed up real big. I made the public think that Lady Mugetsu was a liar.” Melaine paled when she realized what she had done.

Bel realized it too and she bowed to Naomi.

“I’m really sorry, I acted as Lady Mugetsu without asking for permission. Please punish me instead of Big Sister!” Bel apologized to Naomi and defended Melaine.

‘Hmm, Big Sister? Melaine, you’ve gone that far?’

“As I said, my punishment for Melaine is voiding her reward. I won’t give you any punishment of any kind.”

Naomi stood up and approached Bel, she put her hand to Bel’s head, patting her.

Bel looked up when she feel Naomi’s hand on her head. She saw Naomi’s figure and smiled.

“Thank you, I will follow you forever, Lady Mugetsu.”

“No problem.” Naomi looked at Melaine and called her. “Melaine.”

Melaine perked up her head and looked at Naomi.

“Follow me.” Naomi pulled her hand from Bel’s head and walked away to the exit.

Melaine stood up and followed Naomi, exiting the house. Melaine didn’t know why Naomi asked her to follow Naomi, but she just complied and followed behind Naomi.

Naomi flew up to the roof and look around the surrounding of the house, she use her Telekinesis to lift Melaine and drop her beside her. There is no one outside except for Naomi and Melaine. Even in the house there is only Bel in the living room, Anna and Dan-Bi were nowhere to see but Naomi guessed that both of them were in their room.

“You know, this is my favorite spot in this base.” Said Naomi.

Melaine was puzzled why Naomi suddenly told her about the matter, but she just nodded.

“Can you tell me her name?” Asked Naomi.

Finally, Melaine realize why Naomi told her that this was Naomi’s favorite spot. Naomi wanted to talk to her about Bel.

“Her name is Bel, I … sort of abandoned her a long time ago. But a few years ago I found her again and she had lived her life under my order until we attacked the factory in the United States.”

Melaine shared Bel’s name to Naomi and how she’s doing until Bel decided to come with Melaine.

“Can you tell me the story?”

Melaine nodded and she told Naomi when Bel was born and why she abandoned Bel. Melaine didn’t hide anything and told Naomi every single detail. From how Bel was her clone made by the Esper Association until how Melaine managed to find Bel again a few years ago.

Naomi nodded while she listened to Melaine’s story, she once again changed her view on Melaine after Melaine’s story ended.

‘I see, so she’s not a pervert. But a crazy pervert. Who in their right mind believed that their daughter was a clone except for Melaine?’ thought Naomi.

“… is something wrong, Lady Mugetsu? You’ve been silent since I finished my story.”

Naomi looked at Melaine and comforted her.

“You’ve been through a lot, didn’t you?”

Melaine once again break down into tears as she hugged Naomi.

“..Y-yeah.”

Seeing Melaine’s crying figure, Naomi decided something.

‘Umu, I will be good towards you from now on. I don’t know that you are crazy.’

She looked at the clear sky that just greeted a sunrise a while ago. Suddenly Naomi saw a big white door appeared in the backyard of the house on the corner of her vision.

From the white door, came out a woman wearing a white shirt and black vest. Naomi wasn’t familiar with the woman and she put on her guards immediately, alerting Melaine that hugged her.

The woman seemed to feel Naomi and looked up. When she saw Naomi, her eyes bulged and she goes down on her knees.

“Princess!! It’s me, Chi. I brought to you the new recruits of the Moon of Akasha!! Please give your words toward them.

As Chi said that, one by one a person came out from the white door. The first one was Rekka, followed by Hyun-Woo and Julia the maid.

After they came out from the door, the 5 recruits that help them to annihilate the first fake base came out from the door.

Not only them, a lot more people still pouring out from the door and filled the backyards. They looked around in awe and talked to their nearest comrade.

“SILENT!!” The crowds turned silent when they heard Hyun-Woo’s shout. Hyun-Woo looked at Rekka which he replied with a nod. Both of them walked and stopped beside Chi before kneeling on the ground and shouted together.

“We greet the Princess!!”

Instantly the crowds behind them, which numbered around 200-300 people kneeled simultaneously and shouted.

“””We greet the Princess!!”””

Naomi looked at them dumbfounded and thought.

‘What happened?’



Author Here~

There are 6 chapters of my new series 'The New Horizon' on my Patreon, the update is inconsistent until chapter 10 (But there will at least be 1 chapter/week at minimum)

Here's the cover of my new Series! The New Horizon!

Spoiler

Cover

Illustrator: Raven (Pixiv https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/40961809)

[collapse]

More than 24 Advanced chapters (For both of my works) Are available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

Most of the money from my Patreon will go to help me write better and Ordering an Illustration for both of my works.

212