Chapter 60 – Avos Island 11
6.2k 25 195
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Half of the sun's body had sunk in the sea on the west. A white door appeared in a roof of a 25 story building, to be precise in the Koto City near the Tokyo Gate Bridge which was now connected directly to Avos Island.

6 persons appeared from the white door, 4 of them wearing a black mask with a white crescent moon mark under the mask’s left eyes. 2 of them, a muscular man and a girl who wear a black sunglass didn’t bother themselves wearing a mask.

“Why are you guys bothering to wear a mask?” Asked the muscular guy, Stephen to the others.

“Unlike you, we’ve worked in the shop. We use the mask to hide our identity.” Spite Yuki towards Stephen.

“Sister, you know that even if Stephen works in the shop, he will make a mess right? That’s why it’s better if he does as he please.” Mizu tried to calm his sister down. He doesn’t want his sister to be in a bad mood before the mission.

Stephen huffed when he heard Yuki, he consider Yuki's word as a child rant and ignore her. Yuki who saw this almost yelled at Stephen again but stopped by Doni who suddenly interject between them.

“Now now, please calm down, both of you.” Doni spread his hand to both sides, separating Yuki and Stephen.

He turned to Luna and Selena to ask a question. “More importantly, Luna. Why did you open the gate here? Isn’t it better if you directly drop us on the bridge?”

“A-as Miss Chi had said in the briefing, I’m here only as insurance. I need to be as far as possible from the ambush location but still be able to see it. So I can open a gate to retreat when we are at a disadvantage.” Explained Luna.

“Ooh! I see, so it’s like that. By the way, we should hide our name right?” Suggested Doni to his comrade who wears a mask.

“Ah, no need for me. Because I will stay here.” Luna raised her hand and said to Doni.

Stephen crossed his arm and said. “No need for me as well.”

“Call me brother.” Said Mizu as he looked at Doni.

“Call me sister.” Continued Yuki.

“I have no idea why I need a fake name.” Selena said in a calm voice. She went away to the corner of the building that was facing the bridge and put her suitcase down.

Doni shoulder’s dropped in defeat because his comrades didn’t take it seriously. “Come on!! Look, even Princess has a codename that is Mugetsu. Didn’t you think it was cool?!”

“Eh?” the siblings let out a surprised sound while Luna and Stephen looking at Doni with a puzzled expression.

Doni who saw their reaction raised his eyebrow and asked. “You think Mugetsu is Princess’s real name?”

4 of them nodded at the same time and said.

“Un.”

“That’s right.”

“”Yes.””

“Guys…” this time Doni shrugged his shoulder in defeat.

“Hey, it’s time. They just passed the entrance of Avos Island. They will be here in a few minutes.” Selena called out to the groups.

Their atmosphere changed instantly as they turned towards Selena. They didn’t know about Selena’s power yet, but they didn’t doubt what she said, except Doni who ask her.

“How did you know that?”

Selena takes off her eyeglasses and points at her eyes with her index finger.

“Hawkeye, that’s my ability. Only allow me to see quite far but it’s useful.” She answered Doni and opened her suitcase.

Inside Selena’s suitcase was a long barrel for a rifle and its body in one compartment and a bipod and magazines in the other one. The gun body is similar to the M200 sniper rifle in black color.

She took it out and assembled it, with skillful movement, Selena managed to assemble her gun only in a few seconds. The rifle didn’t have any scope, only its body and a long barrel to make the bullet travel distance longer than the short barrel.

Stephen who saw her movement let out a whistle of admiration because of her skill to assemble her weapon. Although he is a martial artist, he respects those with skill even though they are skilled in their own specialization.

She took the bipod from her suitcase and installed it on her gun. She positioned the gun towards the bridge and turned towards Doni and the others.

“Quite useful for this. I didn’t need any scope and was able to see the enemy clearly.”

“Wow! That’s a frickin’ amazing. You’ve got a sniper rifle?!” Exclaimed Doni. “Well, I will leave my back to you then, Selena.”

“It’s Miss for you, yellow hair.” Selena glared at Doni with her sharp eyes.

“O-Okay, Miss Selena.” Doni faltered under Selena’s glare and took one step back.

“HAHAHAHAHA, I like you, girl!! You have the nerve!” Laughed Stephen as he patted Doni’s shoulder. “But, let’s talk about that later. You said the enemy is on the way, so open the gate right now! I really can’t wait to crush them.”

“O-okay!” Luna said and she used her ability to connect this roof to the bridge.

A white door appeared in front of the group. Stephen entered the door without saying anything while dragging Doni.

“W-wait!! Call me Static later!!” Doni shouted as he was dragged inside the door and gone.

“Brother, let’s go.”

“Yeah, let’s go, Sister.”

Lastly, the Ao sibling entered the door and Luna deactivated her ability.

“Good luck!”

***

(Let’s turn back the time right after Hotaru teleported Naomi)

Mischa’s POV

Now, Hotaru already teleported Naomi. I can do my job without minding the safety of my friend.

I turned my attention towards the boss of the thugs, according to Naomi, and asked him.

“Why did you attack that girl?” I took out my gun which I put in the holster and pointed it at his head.

“ha..haha… HAHAHAHAHAHA.”

The thug leader let out a laugh when I pointed a gun at his head. Is he crazy?

“Why are you laughing?” I tried to question him, and he stopped his laugh as he look at me with a smile.

“You said why are we attacking that girl?” He pointed at 2 men behind him and continued. “Those men hire us. But, what I didn’t think was they hire us to attack a dangerous girl.”

A dangerous girl? I raised my eyebrow at that. For I know that Naomi is a kind girl, who sometimes plays a little prank on Hotaru, based on what she told me in our exchange. Could it be, the dangerous girl that he spoke of is Naomi’s helper?

“What do you mean by a dangerous girl? Do you mean the Esper who helped my friend?” I urged him to talk while looked behind me to make sure that the thugs didn’t do anything.

“Nay! There is no one who helps her. She lied to you. She’s the one who cut my legs.”

Naomi was the one who cut his legs? Is he telling the truth? Wait, could it be.

“I see, so that’s how it was. I understand”

When I said that, Hotaru teleported back behind me.

“The Esper Association will bring a car to bring them away, maybe they will send a truck because of their amounts.” Hotaru catch her breath as she told me. It seems she was teleporting to a lot of places to ask for a vehicle to take them.

“I see, thanks.” I said to Hotaru before focusing my attention on the thug boss. “That’s how it is. You will tell the rest of your story in the Esper Association jail. I don’t have lie detection ability, but I know for sure that you are lying.”

Yes, the thug boss must be lying to me. He must be thinking that I was an easy target because of my appearance. The story about Naomi cut his legs may not be a lie, but there is definitely an Esper who had helped Naomi.

I put my gun in the holster again and took out a handcuff from my back uniform’s pocket. We as PD always bring a handcuff and ability limiter to secure the criminal, but because he’s not an Esper, I just use a normal handcuff to secure him.

“W-wa-wait! You must believe me!!”

I took no heed of his plead and approached him to handcuff his hand behind his back. He kept struggling while I was trying to handcuff him, so I use my ability to make myself stronger and handcuffed him by pulling his arms behind his back.

crack

A sound of crack came from his arms, followed by his scream. “AAAHH!!”

I think I broke his arms.



Author Here~

More than 38 Advanced chapters (For ALL my series)  Are available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

Most of the money from my Patreon will go to help me write better and Ordering an Illustration for both of my works. Lastly thank you to all the patrons!! 

Also, Big thanks to the new Executive!!
- Dem1kles
- Thunderstorm XV

195