Chapter 68 – Avos Island 19
5.5k 26 175
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mischa and Hotaru arrived at what seems to be the warehouse’s attic. It was dark and dusty, they had trouble seeing the area.

Mischa looked at Hotaru who stood beside her and whispered. “Hotaru, we must proceed cautiously, even with my enhanced sight, I still have some problem seeing in the darkness.”

“Yeah, and we should stick together. So we can teleport instantly if the enemy found us.” Suggested Hotaru.

Mischa nodded and began surveying the attic. There were a lot of boxes with dust on top of it. The attic seems to be never touched because there is even dust on the floor. Mischa and Hotaru proceeded quietly, they looked around to see if there is something unusual. And, to her surprise, Mischa found 1 box without any dust in the corner of the attic, near stairs that lead downward.

She poked Hotaru’s shoulder and pointed at the box. “Hotaru, look over there. That box is not covered by dust, that means…”

“That box is new, or it just moved.” Continued Hotaru.

“Yes, want to check it?”

Hotaru nodded and both of them approached the box. Because the position of the box was right next to the stairs, they cautiously moved to avoid the stairs so even if there is someone downstairs, they won’t see them.

They’ve reached the box and Hotaru got surprised. Her eyebrows raised and her mouth opened. She was surprised because she saw Akasa Inc.’s logo on the lid of the box. She put her hand on Mischa’s shoulder to get her attention.

Mischa turned to Hotaru and raised her eyebrow in a questioning manner.

“Mischa… that logo. That’s Naomi’s company logo. It was printed in the lid of the box.” When Hotaru said that, Mischa looked at the lid of the box.

Mischa was not familiar with the logo, but if Hotaru who worked as Naomi’s guard for almost a year said that, there is no way it was a mistake.

“So the probability that this was the weapon smuggler’s warehouse is increased.” Whispered Mischa.

“Yeah, with that box here confirmed it. And … the information from Mugetsu about Naomi’s attacker was confirmed with that box too.”

“But, Hotaru. If they are a weapon smuggler, why did they attracting attention by setting an explosion in Avos Island’s guard post? And they had said something about missions.”

Mischa was puzzled by the jumbled information. Should she trust Mugetsu, then Naomi’s life is in danger right now. But, if the information about the mission is correct, that means.

Hotaru’s eyes bulged in realization and said to Mischa. “This weapon smuggler is part of a bigger organization. And they are hostile towards Avos Island or the Esper Association and Mugetsu’s organization.”

“Is there any possibility that we have information about their organization in Esper Association’s database?” Asked Mischa.

Although Mischa was trained in the same way as Hotaru, she was by no means experienced in a situation like this. Hotaru, on other hand, was experienced with protecting Naomi and she has been working as a PD officer far longer than Mischa.

“I don’t know, maybe they are part of an organization which was arrested by the Esper Association. Or they could be a brand new organization inspired by Mugetsu. But the latter part is not possible if they are indeed hostile towards her organization.” Reasoned Hotaru.

“But that’s not important, Mischa. We need to arrest them and interrogate them to find the truth. That’s our best way to obtain information, and it’s better than we assumed something that was based on information from the criminal.” Continued Hotaru.

“Yes, you’re right. How long until the reinforcement arrived?” Mischa asked while pulled her holo phone to see the time.

“Around 1 minute. We should go downstairs now to find out how many enemies are in this warehouse. And I think we should leave the box untouched right now.”

Mischa nodded as they slowly walked towards the stairs and scanned the area to see if there are any enemies. Because Mischa, who had reinforced senses and hearing didn’t hear anything downstairs, she gestured at Hotaru using her hand and they slowly walked downstairs using the stairs.

Mischa and Hotaru both didn’t feel any presence of Esper in the warehouse, that’s why Mischa didn’t use her ability to seal an ability right now. That ability was dangerous for her enemy, but also dangerous for her ally. She could make her ally powerless if they entered the area of her ability.

Because it was a warehouse, the 2nd floor was made of aluminum steel around 1 meter wide around the warehouse wall and they could see the ground floor which was full of Intermodal containers and wooden boxes. A steel fence around 1 meter high was the only safety so they didn’t fall to the ground floor.

The warehouse was dark, except in one area where an artificial light shines. In the middle of the room, surrounded by containers, a few light sources were lit. Hotaru and Mischa immediately crouched and tried to see how many peoples were in the warehouse.

They looked at the light source and saw a group of people holding guns while eating something from a can.

“Hotaru… it seems my prediction is wrong. They have more than 3 people.” Whispered Mischa while she looked at a group near the brightest area in the warehouse.

“Yeah, they are more than 3… They didn’t even come close to 3 people.”

The groups were made of a different little groups that came together. There are almost 10 areas that were surrounded by the containers that have their light lit. And in every area, there were at least 10 people who held guns.

“They are more than 100 people!! We are lucky we didn’t attack them without waiting for the reinforcement.” Said Hotaru as sweat dripped from her forehead.

When they observed their enemy, the communication device on Mischa’s back pocket began to vibrate. She pulled out her communication device and put it on her ears. She lowered the volume of the communication device so only people close to it can hear it. Hotaru looked at Mischa who pulled out her communication device leaned her ear close to it to hear what the HQ said.

“The reinforcement has arrived in front of the warehouse, ready to attack. Please report, Officer Mischa Belyaeva.”

Hearing the reinforcement had arrived, Mischa and Hotaru smiled at each other. She held the communication device near her mouth and answered.

“This is Officer Mischa Belyaeva. Right now we are inside the warehouse, on the second floor. From what we see, there are at least 100 people inside, all of them are armed with guns. Not all of them are confirmed as enemies, but we found a box with Akasa Inc.’s logo in the attic. The box seems new and just moved over there.”

“Copy that, we will order an arrest to all peoples inside the warehouse and you are allowed to kill someone if they shoot their guns towards you. And, Officer Mischa Belyaeva, we got another problem with the other request. We didn’t manage to find Akasa Naomi in her room, right now the Officers that we sent over were searching for her.”

“WHAT?!!” Surprised, Mischa let out a loud voice. That voice managed to attract the attention of the people below, and they looked in Mischa’s direction on the 2nd floor.

***

The biggest groups in the warehouse heard the voice. In a box in the middle of the group, a bald man with a bulky figure wearing a white tank top and military pants was sitting while wiping his handgun.

When he heard the voice, he looked up to the 2ndfloor and then ordered a man beside him.

“Oi, go check what was that. If it’s some rat, then kill it.”

“Yes! We will go there immediately.”

The group of people went to the 2nd floor following the man’s order.

“We will not let anyone bother our plan.” Muttered the bald man as a frown appeared on his face while looking at the spot where Mischa and Hotaru were on the 2nd floor.



Author Here~

More than 40 Advanced chapters (For ALL my series)  Are available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

Most of the money from my Patreon will go to help me write better and Ordering an Illustration for both of my works. Lastly thank you to all the patrons!! 

Big Thanks to the new Executive!!
- Дмитрий Лагода

175