Chapter 71 – Avos Island 22
5.7k 60 184
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Yawn~ What a nice nap.” Naomi let out a long yawn as she stretched her hand up in the sky. She just woke up in her hotel room while wearing her white pajamas.

She get off her bed and approached the window of her room and opened the curtain. Naomi squinted her eyes as the morning sunlight light up the room. The sky is clear without any single cloud as the sun directly greeted Naomi because her room's window directly faced east.

After Naomi was satisfied with the morning sun, she went to the bathroom to wash her face and brush her teeth. She looked at the reflection of her face in the sink mirror and tidied her hair.

“I always let my hair fall, should I try to change my hairstyle and tied it in a ponytail?” Naomi went to the closets and tried to find any rubber band to tie her hair. She didn’t manage to find any, because she never had any need of them before.

Then, she remembered that Hotaru tied her hair in a ponytail.

“I should ask Hotaru for a Rubber Band. I think she should be in her room right now.”

Naomi took out a fresh set of a white t-shirt with a black stripe on its sleeves and a black skirt with 2 white stripes on both of the skirt's sides and changed her pajamas into them.

After she changed her clothes, she went out of her room and go to Hotaru’s room. Arrived in front of Hotaru’s room, Naomi knocked on the door.

Knock, Knock!

Soon, Hotaru’s voice could be heard from inside.

“Who is it?!” her voice sounds groggy and loud.

The door was opened and Hotaru’s head peeked out. Her eyes were red and a dark circle formed under them. There is a sign that she lacked sleep and stayed up all night. If someone was looking at Hotaru right now, they would say she needs to have some rest and some naps. She was still wearing her PD uniform from last night but it was disheveled with the button near the collar section was unbuttoned.

Naomi smiled as she said to Hotaru. “Miss Nobi, did you by chance has-“

At first, Hotaru was upset because someone was knocking on her door right in the morning after she stayed up to try to find Naomi. But, upon seeing that it was Naomi who stood in front of her room, her eyes bulged and she turned away and yelled, interrupting Naomi.

“MISCHA!! COME OVER HERE!! THIS GIRL… NAOMI IS HERE.”

‘What?’ Naomi was surprised by the sudden change in Hotaru. She appeared as someone who have no energy to spare, but upon seeing her, she suddenly becomes energetic and yelled with a stupidly loud voice.

“WHAAT?” This time, Naomi heard a loud yell and a heavy sound of footsteps running towards her from inside.

Mischa pulled Hotaru who stood in the middle of the door and jutting out her head to see Naomi. She was in the same state as Hotaru, still wearing a disheveled PD’s uniform. She raised her head and looked at Naomi’s face before slowly she looked at Naomi’s entire body a few times until she looked at Naomi’s face again.

Naomi was confused with Mischa’s behavior and tilted her head. “What’s wrong, Mischa? You looked at me like you saw a ghost.”

“Naomi?” She asked in disbelief. She approached Naomi and extended her hand past Naomi’s shoulder and hugged her. Tears forming in Mischa’s eyes as she tried to hide it by burying her face on Naomi’s chest.

Naomi was feeling weird right now. Her hands were in the air, confused whatever she should hug Mischa back or kept her hands in the air. Then Naomi decided to hug Mischa back because she felt that Mischa was shaking when hugging her.

“I-I m gflad tou ar okfay.” Mischa was saying something in incomprehensible words because she pushed her face against Naomi.

“I-I am okay, what do you mean, Mischa?” Naomi was confused by what was going on.

At first, Hotaru yelled when she saw her. Second, Mischa looked at her like she was looking at a ghost. Third, Mischa hugged her.

Mischa pulled away from Naomi as she wiped the tears on her eyes. She looked straight at Naomi and said. “Y-you came back just fine. We asked the Esper Association to sent a pair of PD officers last night to protect you. But, they said that you were not in your room and we were panicked!!”

Naomi remembered that she met pair of PD officers last night, and they did say that they need to secure a target for protection. Naomi began sweating from her back as realization washed over her.

‘I… avoided them by chance, because they assumed that I will never leave my room after being attacked? Doesn’t that mean, it was my fault?! No no no, I refuse!’

“O..Ohh, last night?” Naomi raised her index finger and pointed at the ceiling as she said. “I was in the roof to calm myself after being attacked yesterday when suddenly a girl wearing a black dress and mask-“

Before Naomi could finish her sentence, she was once again interrupted by Mischa's shout.

“MUGETSU!!”

“Right, she’s Mugetsu, I don’t know why but she appeared in front of me.” Naomi nodded and closed her eyes for a while. She opened her eyes as she pointed to Hotaru’s room.

“Before I explained about what happened yesterday, can we enter first? It seems… the hallway is not the place where we should discuss about this matter.” Naomi looked at her right and left before looking her gaze at Mischa.

Mischa realized her mistake and she immediately entered the room. Hotaru who was ignored all this time sighed and followed Mischa.

‘Nice! Let’s do this! Time to arrange a story to fool Mischa and Hotaru. Should I do that?’ Naomi entered the room and closed the door behind her while planning on how to deceive Mischa and Hotaru.

Hotaru was lying on her bed, snoring hard while Mischa was sitting in one of the chairs inside the room.

Naomi's gaze was looking at Hotaru who slept like a log without even bothered hearing Naomi’s story. Mischa followed Naomi’s gaze and said.

“Forgive her for acting like that, Naomi. She used her ability all night trying to find you. Now, could you tell me how can you disappear from your room? The PD that came here said that your room was locked, and they were forced to borrow the master key to enter your room only to find that you were not there.”

“Right, let’s start at the time when I met with Mugetsu on the roof.” Naomi sat in the chair opposite Mischa and crossed her legs. She saw Mischa nodded and put on a serious face.

“As I said earlier, I was calming myself on the roof while looking at the sky. Suddenly, a girl wearing a black dress and black mask descended beside me without any sound and startled me.” Naomi paused for a while to make sure that Mischa was indeed listening to Naomi’s explanation.

“Yes, we covered that part. What happened next?”

“Well, you see… I was taken to their base.”

‘Chi Diner is one of my organization bases, so I was not lying here~’

“Wha?! You said that you were taken to their base!!?” Mischa stood up suddenly, making her chair fall over, and leaned at Naomi. Her face was now close to Naomi, and if one of them leaned any closer, their mouth will touch each other for sure.

Naomi raised her hand in front of her to make Mischa back away from her. “W-wait! Close! Too close!! I will explain it so can you back away and sit again?”

Mischa, following Naomi's request, fixed her chair that fall over and sit again. This time she glared at Naomi, demanding an explanation as she mouthed. “So?”

Naomi took a deep breath as she put on a serious face as she spoke with a serious tone.

“I forgot.”



Author Here~

More than 40 Advanced chapters (For ALL my series)  Are available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

Most of the money from my Patreon will go to help me write better and Ordering an Illustration for both of my works. Lastly thank you to all the patrons!! 

Big thanks to the new Executive!!
- Joshua Davis

Also big thanks to the new squad leader!!
- Grynnoir

184