Chapter 83 – Force of Change 8
5k 18 179
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I’m just joking. There is no way I’ll drop you from 5KM above the ground, right?” Naomi pulled her hand from Melaine’s head and Melaine sighed in relief. Melaine looked at Chi that stood behind her and saw that Chi’s head was raised as she gazed at the ceiling with a small smile.

After she pulled her hand, Naomi gestured to Hyun-Woo to come closer with her hand. “Hyun-Woo, sit.” She said as she pointed at the chair beside her.

Hyun-Woo immediately tensed and straightened his back as he answered. “Yes!!”

He walked slowly to the chair that was pointed by Naomi with a stiff movement.

“Did you put a barrier around this underground base to hide its presence from the outside?” Naomi asked Hyun-Woo who was now sitting beside her.

“Yes, I put the barrier already. But, the barrier can’t fully hide your presence or Melaine. Right now Melaine’s presence would be like B-Ranked Esper for the Esper outside the barrier.”

Naomi nodded in satisfaction and turned her head to look at Chi.

“Chi, where is the breakfast that I asked?” Naomi said with a smile. Naomi loved the breakfast from the café, that’s the reason why she smiled.

But from Chi’s eyes, the spectacle where Naomi threatened Melaine was still fresh on her mind. She tensed and turned to look at Naomi and answered her.

“Yes, I believe that the breakfast will be delivered to this room soon. I took the liberty to ask for 4 breakfasts so please forgive me if the breakfast isn’t delivered yet.”

“No problem, that works too. We could discuss the next matter while having snacks too, that’s not a problem. By the way, why are you standing there? Take a seat in that chair.” Naomi pointed at the chair near Melaine on the right side of the table.

Chi nodded her head and sat in the chair that was pointed at by Naomi. At that time, the door was opened and Naomi immediately changed her mask into a full-mask state again. Naomi allowed the members that she knew more than a year to see the lower half of her face because she trusted them. But that’s a different story for a member that she had yet to meet or trust.

The waitress that escorted Naomi to the underground base earlier, Lanya, entered the room while holding a tray full of sandwiches in her left hand and a tray with 4 cups of coffee in her right hand.

“Please excuse me.” Lanya said as she approached Naomi and the others directly between the tables and set the coffee in front of each of them and took out a plate from the basket and arrange the sandwiches on top of the plate in front of Naomi.

After she had done arranging the breakfast, she took three steps back and bowed. All of that was done quickly, Naomi didn’t even have the chance to request something.

“Well then, I will excuse myself.”

“Un, good job.” Said Naomi.

Hearing the confirmation from Naomi, Lanya turned back while having a smile on her face and left the room quietly.

After the door fully closed, Naomi changed her mask into a half-mask state again and looked at Chi.

“I quite like this mask, can you tell me who made this mask?” Naomi asked while picking one of the sandwiches with egg and cheese fill and bit it.

“That mask was a product from one of our engineers. They are also the ones that modified the guns from Akasa Inc. so the gun’s origins won’t be able to be tracked back.” Explained Chi to Naomi.

‘Wow, that must be difficult. The guns from our company are embedded with some unique code to know that they are from our company. Heck, even a bullet from our company was embedded with one too. That’s why I can recognize the bullet that was shot at me at that time because of the unique design from our company.’

“Give my praise to them. They did a good job with modifying the guns and this mask. Also, could I ask for 1 more mask similar to this one? Preferably with voice change features.” Asked Naomi as she took the last bite of the sandwich in her hand.

Melaine who understood why she wanted 1 more mask said. “Is this for that plan, Lady Mugetsu?”

Naomi grinned as she answered. “Indeed, the ones that I hope you to be my impersonator. Alas, you are too tiny, in every aspect.” Naomi looked down at Melaine and stopped at her chest as she said that.

“Don’t make fun of me! Even if I’m tiny, I am one of the strongest Esper in this world!” Melaine puffed her chest shamelessly, well there is no need to have shame if she was as flat as cutting board.

Naomi chuckled and teased Melaine. “Strongest Esper who get blown away when she tried to hug me. Indeed, the strongest.”

“Um, what do you mean by a plan to impersonate you, Princess?” Chi raised her hand as she asked Naomi.

Hyun-Woo also nodded his head as he focused on Naomi. He knows nothing about the plan because when Naomi told Rekka and the others about her plan, Hyun-Woo was already on the Avos Island.

“That’s the topic that I wanted to talk about with both of you.” Naomi picked the coffee cup in front of her and sipped it a little before she continued. “It’s about my plan for the next month for now. Our plan after that will depend on the result that we accumulate in this one month.”

Hyun-Woo and Chi thoughtfully nodded their head. They listened closely in order to not miss any details that Naomi said to them.

“Melaine knew my plan already so actually it doesn’t matter if she leaves this room, but after considering it. I think I need to tell her something important that I decided earlier.”

Melaine tilted her head to the right and appeared to be confused. She was about to ask Naomi what’s that important thing that she needs to do, but Naomi cut her off.

“I will tell you later. For now, I think I need to explain my plan to Hyun-Woo and Chi.”

Naomi then explained her plan to Hyun-Woo and Chi. She told them that she wanted to hide the flying base for now and need Hyun-Woo’s barrier to hide them from prying eyes. Hyun-Woo nodded his head and said “Certainly.”

Naomi then continued her explanation and told Chi to give an order to the ones who can open the teleport door to relocate Rekka and the other on the flying base to this underground base. Chi nodded and gave her acknowledgment. Naomi explained the rest of the plan like what she told Rekka and the other last night before she finally turned to look at Melaine.

“Now, I think you should follow me from now on.”

Melaine was surprised because Naomi asked her to follow her everywhere.

“Really?!” She can’t hide her tone of excitement when she asked that. Naomi nodded her head and Melaine shouted. “Finally!! You acknowledge my love, right?!!”

“No. I am not.” Denied Naomi flatly.

Melaine shrugged her shoulder and Naomi turned to look at Chi. She put her hand on her mask and pulled it from her face, revealing her face to Chi.

Chi was surprised to see Naomi’s face and hurriedly opened her holo phone to look at Naomi’s picture that was on the screen earlier. She repeatedly looked between the picture of Naomi on her holo phone and Naomi’s real face.

Seeing her confusion, Naomi grinned and said. “I think you need to know my face, right?”

Still in a confused condition, Chi held her head and muttered. “To think the person that I designated as protection target is Princess herself...”



Author Here~

More than 50 Advanced chapters (For ALL my series)  Are available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

Most of the money from my Patreon will go to help me write better and Order an Illustration for both of my works. Lastly thank you to all the patrons!! 

Big Thanks to the new Squad Leader!!
- Andreas Jörgensen
- M C
- Tomas Nordendorf
- victor diaz

179