Chapter 93 – Force of Change 18
5.2k 22 165
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“That salad was not bad at all. Could it be every dish in this restaurant is delicious?!”

Naomi exited the restaurant and walked away from it. She had done all things that she needed to do and just waiting for Mischa’s answer to her offer.

‘I don’t think Mischa will accept the offer though. Or rather, I don’t know if the Esper Association will allow Mischa to accept the offer. While the offer itself will help Mischa to get stronger, I don’t think any organization would allow their member to learn something outside of their specialty.’

Naomi put her hands on her pants pockets and walked around the Avos Island while looking up to the sky. She was not putting her guard up in order to not get attacked unprepared like a few days ago.

But, even though Naomi was attacked while being unprepared, there is almost no one that could harm her. She let out a long sigh of resignation as she looked around to see other people laughing and smiling as if they never got bored in their life.

“I had nothing to do,” Naomi muttered and paused a little before she decided something. ”… Let’s take a nap in the hotel.”

Naomi went back to her hotel and entered her room. Without even changing her clothes, she dived to the bed and closed her eyes before drifting into sleep.

***

“Hum hum huum~” A young girl was walking down the road to the hotel that Naomi resides. She was humming a happy tune as she skipped on her way with her hair that was tied in a ponytail waved to the right and left.

The sky has turned dark when she got back to Avos Island after the young girl left her beloved lady to convey her message to her subordinates. Well, calling her a young girl is somehow wrong because she is more than 90 years old.

“I’ve conveyed her message to Bel already~ Now it’s time for me to get my rewards~ I wonder what my reward is~ Although she didn’t say anything, I know that she will give me something even if I didn’t ask for it!” Yes, the young girl in question is Melaine

Melaine entered the hotel where Naomi reside and walked towards the elevator. She pressed the button of the elevator and waited for the elevator door to be opened. While waiting for the elevator, 2 people walked towards her and stopped beside her.

Melaine, as a veteran in life, put her guard up against the new arrival and eyed them while trying to be as discreet as possible. She saw 2 people, or rather girls that stood beside her and recognize them. She decided to greet them out of courtesy, mainly because the girls that stood beside her were Mischa and Hotaru.

“Oh~ What a coincidence. Did your investigation towards me run smoothly?” Asked Melaine with a smug smile on her face.

Mischa just looked at her silently and answered her.

“We found some good thing about you, and also the bad thing. Did Naomi know about your deeds in the past?

Melaine acted like she didn’t know a thing and put her index finger on her chin as she looked up at the ceiling.

“Now then, which one? I did a lot in these 90 years, but I assure you that she knew everything. Don’t you underestimate Lady Naomi, Mischa Belyaeva.”

As Melaine said that, the elevator door opened and she entered the elevator.

Mischa and Hotaru also followed to enter the elevator.

“What do you mean by don’t underestimate Naomi? I’ve been in Naomi's side for more than a year and followed her every step as her bodyguard. So I don’t understand what you’re implying.” Hotaru raised a question towards Melaine as she furrowed her eyebrow.

She and Mischa have conducted every investigation in the Esper Association’s office to know the individual called Melaine Monet. They managed to find her data, or rather a stack of her data in the Esper Association database.

At first, they were surprised by the amount of data, but strangely, the data was at least 70-80 years old and there is no new information about the individual called Melaine Monet for the last 40 years. The new information has only arrived around 1 or 2 years ago when Melaine’s mansion was destroyed by what the Esper Association believes was Mugetsu.

The data itself was filled with lots of amazing deeds from Melaine Monet. Not only that, there is the oldest data that Mischa found by chance saying that the individual called Melaine Monet is dangerous. At least from the Esper Association perspective, Melaine is dangerous.

As the last SSS-Ranked that walks on earth for more than 90 years, Melaine alone holds the power equivalent to a big country. But Mischa was confident, she know that she will have a hard fight against Melaine if by chance a fight broke out, but she was confident to stop Melaine or at least to make her retreat.

What Mischa is worried about right now is the safety of Naomi. Is it wise to let Melaine be under Naomi? Is it safe for Naomi to be near Melaine? What if Melaine manipulates Naomi?

But Mischa's question was quickly shut down by Melaine's next word.

“Lady Naomi is the brightest person that I know. She saved me, she saved my subordinates, she gave my unofficial sister shelter. Even if you stick with her all the time, you won’t be able to notice her real talent. Why? That’s because you underestimate her. You branded her as low ranked Esper that needs protection, without knowing that she’s strong enough to protect herself.”

Hotaru gritted her teeth in frustration because Melaine’s word was true. Mischa also looked down to the floor because she too was underestimating Naomi’s power just because Naomi was a low-ranked Esper.

But amongst them, Hotaru took the hardest hit. She accompanied Naomi all the time. In her office, practice, even to this island.

The elevator door was opened and they’ve reached the highest floor of the hotel. All of them were stepping out of the elevator. They walked in the same direction silently and Melaine stopped in front of Naomi’s door and said.

“Well, don’t think of it too deeply. If I don’t know what she could do, then I will in the same stead as you girls.” Mischa and Hotaru stopped in front of Hotaru's room while Hotaru pulled out her key and opened the lock on the door. They turned to look at Melaine when she said that and waited for her next word.

“So, Mischa Belyaeva. How about you took Lady Naomi's offer? I took a liking toward you that didn’t act differently after seeing my record in the Esper Association database. How about it?”

Mischa thinks for a few seconds before nodding her head and said. “I am in your care.”

“Good.” Melaine opened the door or rather tried to. The door didn’t move at all and she was put in an awkward situation.

Melaine slowly turned to look at Mischa and Hotaru who held their laughter.

“Maybe I could join in your room for today?” Melaine said with a wry smile.



Author Here~

More than 50 Advanced chapters (For ALL my series)  Are available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

Most of the money from my Patreon will go to help me write better and Order an Illustration for both of my works. Lastly thank you to all the patrons!! 

Big Thanks to the new Executive!!
- Toriam

Big Thanks to the new Squad Leader!!
- ToXic Koala000
- Judd

165