Chapter 98 – Force of Change 23
4.4k 24 168
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Turning back the time a little

Naomi monitored her subordinates that were trying their best to keep Mischa away from them. Rekka sends dozens of fireball to Mischa to stop her from approaching them in the sky. Mischa couldn’t fly, she could only jump.

Honestly, Naomi was surprised that Mischa could jump that high. When she confronted Mischa for the first time, her Adjustment was not that great. She initially thought that Mischa could only jump around 100 meters to the sky, but now she had reached 150 meters and still keep going without any sign to stop soon.

“Melaine, what do you think about Mischa? How much is her power level according to your calculation?” Asked Naomi while her gaze still focused on the holo phone screen that shows Rekka changed his attack from fireball to a flame thrower.

“I’d say around 11000 at first, but with the ability to enhance her jump that high, I suppose it's higher than that.” Answered Melaine seriously.

Naomi stay silent right after that, and the holo phone that she used for communication was connected again to Chi’s and her report came in. She reported that Mischa has managed to break the 200 meters threshold and kept going higher.

“Did she see you and Rekka clearly?” Asked Naomi.

‘If she saw Rekka and Chi, then my plan has succeeded. I just need someone with credibility to witness Mugetsu with her subordinates leaving Avos Island. Now, I need to make a move and make Mischa see me.’

Chi answered Naomi back and told Naomi that Mischa saw them clearly. Naomi nodded her head, satisfied with the result as she saw Mischa begin to fall from her holo phone. She was surprised, why did Mischa begin to fall? Not only that, she fell fast with her head facing the ground directly.

Naomi picked her holo phone and put them into her pocket in a fast speed.

“Melaine! Take me to Mischa now!” Shouted Naomi.

Without any delay, the world has stopped and only Melaine and Naomi who was able to move freely in the stopped world.

Naomi rushed out of the underground base while flying at a fast speed and arrived at Mischa’s location, or rather below Mischa’s location and Naomi gave instruction to Melaine.

“Take this holo phone for communication with Chi. Go find Hotaru and distract her until I contacted you.” Naomi gave Melaine her holo phone that she used as a method to communicate with Chi and the group.

“Consider it done, Princess. By the way, what would you do in the meantime?”

Naomi enhances her sight and looks at Mischa’s figure that was stopped in mid-air and finds out that her guess and worry was spot on. Her sportswear has burned spot in a few place that was caused by Rekka’s flame.

‘She lost her consciousness as expected. 200 meters above the ground is still considered low altitude, but the oxygen level is a bit thinner than the ground. With Rekka burning the oxygen to light his fire, Mischa got no air to breathe on as she keep pursuing Rekka and the other.’

She didn’t expect this result, she instructed Rekka to throw flames at Mischa, but that was when Mischa was on the ground and could move freely to dodge Rekka’s flame.

With her jumping at Rekka’s group, her movement becomes limited, as a result, she can’t dodge Rekka’s flame and stay inside it for a period of time.

“I will help Mischa for now. You can stop your ability on me in 5 seconds, I hope you can stall Hotaru as long as you can.”

With a nod, Melaine said. “Good luck, Lady Naomi.”

“You too.”

After Naomi said that, she heard a thud near her legs and saw that her forgotten suitcase was sitting there and the time has resumed again.

‘That pervert, good job.’ Thought Naomi, praising Melaine in her mind.

Naomi once again focused her sight on Mischa that fell at a fast speed and reached 50 meters above the ground in no time. She wears no mask and acted like Naomi, that’s why she extended both of her hands and use her Telekinesis on Mischa’s clothes to slow her fall.

Keeping her power at C-Ranked Esper while keeping Mischa floating slowly to the ground needed a little concentration on Naomi’s part. She needs to control her ability to make sure that she didn’t use it on Mischa.

Only A-Ranked Telekinesis Esper was able to fly, and that notion held true because the low-ranked Esper with Telekinesis ability could only handle something with certain weight limits.

Naomi had searched for the internet and other sources to find C-Ranked Esper weight limits. And from her research, C-Ranked Esper could only hold around 20 to 30KG if their control over their ability is top-notch.

Naomi calculated Mischa’s weight to be around 39kg or maybe 41kg and that was past the weight limit of C-Ranked Esper. That’s why Naomi only tried to slow down Mischa’s falling speed instead of outright stopping her fall.

After Mischa reached 20 meters above the ground, Naomi could use her ability to the full potential of C-Ranked Esper and slow Mischa’s fall even further, making it look like Mischa was floating in the air although the truth was she was just falling slowly to the ground.

Naomi feel gaze directed to her from the above and saw that Bel looked at her curiously. She shifted her gaze to Chi and saw her telling something to Bel before they went away, leaving them alone.

Naomi sighed in relief and placed Mischa on the ground slowly. After making sure that Mischa had indeed landed safely, Naomi relaxed her hands and picked her suitcase that was sitting near her legs, and approached Mischa.

She crouched near Mischa’s head as she touched Mischa’s nose with her index finger. She frowned at the figure of unconscious Mischa and muttered a word.

“What a troublesome girl.”

Making her suitcase floating beside her using her Telekinesis, Naomi scooped Mischa up and carry her in a Princess carry.

The expression on Mischa's face was that of pain. She winced a little when Naomi carried her and that was not unnoticed by Naomi.

“Even when you are burnt, you keep going and didn’t back away. Could it be that you are a fool, Mischa?” Said Naomi in a tone full of ridicule.

A smile slowly crept on Naomi's face as she walked away from their location. She looked down at Mischa’s figure and said to herself.

“Well, it can’t be helped. After all, you are a hero. The SSS-Ranked Esper. The Esper Association Public Defender. And more importantly, my friend as well as my enemy.”

Naomi walked slowly towards their hotels, carrying unconscious Mischa in her hands. She stepped slowly in the middle of an empty street. The location was devoid of any people, they have to go to the shelter as soon as the first wave of flames was thrown above their heads.

In the street that was devoid of people, there were two girls walking in the middle of the road. Or rather, there was no way that anyone was here at this time.

That’s why Naomi put on her guards immediately when she felt an Esper pressure near them. She looked around and tried to find a good spot to lay Mischa down. She found a taxi that was parked near her location and opened the door with her Telekinesis before she laid Mischa on the passenger seat.

After making sure Mischa was in the safe spot, Naomi’s expression turned cold as she turned.

“Come out.” A chill tone was coming out from her mouth, directed at the Esper that was monitoring their move.

“Oya oya, I thought that you were just a C-Ranked Esper. But you have a rather sharp sense, aren’t you?”

Accompanying the voice, A man with short black hair wearing a long-sleeved black shirt and black pants suddenly appeared on the road across Naomi.

“Who are you?” Asked Naomi as she readied her Telekinesis to hold the man anytime.

The man bowed a little with his left hand on top of his chest.

“It’s nice to meet you, Akasa Naomi. I am called Zhang, a member of an organization called Smiling Sun. I hope we can get along.”



Author Here~

More than 52 Advanced chapters (For ALL my series)  Are available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

Most of the money from my Patreon will go to help me write better and Order an Illustration for both of my works. Lastly thank you to all the patrons!! 

Big Thanks to the New Executive!!
- Deadpool2695

Big Thanks to the New Squad Leader!!
- Silvermoonlite

168