Chapter 139 – The Storm 25
4k 8 157
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rekka’s POV

“Luna, open the gate to the location near Smiling Sun’s base. Melaine and her subordinates will show you the location.” I glanced at Luna who stood on my right and she nodded her head.

She then looked at Melaine before creating a white door that was used to teleport the team. She stood in front of the door and Team 1 that was tasked with attacking the Smiling Sun base entered the door one by one while wearing their masks.

There were only Hyun-Woo, Chi, Selena, and I left in the underground base. Anna and Dan-Bi were upstairs in the restaurant, they were ready to move if necessary.

“Rekka, says… Are you sure that I don’t need to do anything except putting on a barrier around the base?” Asked Hyun-Woo as he patted my shoulder.

I looked over my shoulder and saw him make a difficult expression on his face. Although he appeared to be a fool in front of Princess and he got punished a lot, but his loyalty towards Princess will never waver. Not only that, he’s my best friend who had served Princess with me since she made this organization, although I will never say it to him directly.

“I know that you wanted to help, but your job is to make money and protect the base. We can’t risk your identity being revealed to the Esper Association, especially because you were the former guard of the Esper Association.”

Hyun-Woo let out a defeated sigh as he pulled his hand away, “Then I will protect this base. You can leave it to me. I will leave her protection to you.”

I nodded my head and looked at Luna who approached Hyun-Woo from behind. I had always seen her approaching Hyun-Woo at every chance… could it be that she like him?

I grinned at Hyun-Woo, but he didn’t catch my meaning. Well, that was okay, a couple was born in this organization for the first time. But, right now was a time to be serious. Let’s help Luna to get closer to Hyun-Woo later on.

“Luna, are you recharged yet?”

Luna turned to look at me and nodded her head, “Yes, I am ready to open another door.”

“The destination is the abandoned building behind Avos School.”

Luna nodded her head and stepped in front of me. She extended her hands and a white door appeared in front of me.

I looked at Selena who carried her briefcase and wore leather skin-tight clothes that were made from a strong material that was able to block a bullet. It was made from the same material as Princess’s new dress that was integrated into a bracelet.

“Let’s go.”

I stepped into the door, followed by Selena behind me. As soon as I stepped on the other side of the door, honestly, I was surprised. She was playing with a box in her hand as she looked at the sky outside the windows.

I saw Princess sitting in front of me with a pile of perfumes on the other side of the room. Selena who stepped out after me was also surprised when she saw Princess, no, it was Akasa Naomi for her, sitting in front of her.

Princess turned to look at us and smiled, “Took you long enough. But it didn’t exceed my expected time.”

Selena didn’t say anything and just looked at Princess with her mouth gaping in surprise. I needed to act natural, so I smiled at Princess and said.

“Our Esper needed to recharge before transporting us. I’m sorry if it’s exceeding your expected time. But, how did you know that we will appear in this building?”

That’s right, how did Princess know our teleport location even without me telling her? I was really curious about it. Once again, I realized how smart Princess was, and I know that with my intelligence, I can’t understand what Princess thought in her mind.

“It’s easy. Where do I want to appear if I am a terrorist? The first one would be the area with no surveillance. The area near Avos School would be perfect. Second! I will choose a location where there are no witnesses. So an abandoned building near the Avos School would be perfect. Easy right?”

Princess tossed the box that she played to me and said, “That was for you, I think.”

I caught the box with my right hand and looked at it. It was given by Princess, surely this box was important.

Selena seemed can’t comprehend what happened, she just looked at Princess silently. Princess noticed her gaze and stood from the bench. She approached Selena and observed her from a different angle as she circled around Selena. For some reason, Selena just stood there while looking at Princess.

Princess had a curious gaze and finally, her gaze stopped at the briefcase that was strapped over Selena’s shoulder.

“Ah, that briefcase… I just noticed it, but it was made in my company, right? So it was one of the weapons that I sent through Hyun-Woo, huh. I just noticed it after looking at it in a close distance.” Said Princess as she stepped back and smiled.

She stood beside me with a smile on her face and both of her hands on her waist. At this point, Selena nodded her head and said.

“Yes, Princess. You’re correct.”

Unexpectedly, Selena noticed Princess’s identity without anyone telling her. Well, that was natural as Princess threw hints here and there. Even I would notice it, maybe.

“Hahahaha, you’ve noticed? I try to act like my usual self, but you notice the hint that I gave you, huh.” Princess laughed happily and looked at Selena.

A moment later, Princess’s smile dropped from her face and her expression turned serious.

“Then it was our time to move.” Princess’s tone was different from earlier. This time, she had the voice and tone that she used when she acted as our leader.

That meant, “It began.”

Princess nodded her head and extended her left hand towards the perfumes. All of the perfumes in the room floated and then flew out of the windows.

“Princess?!” I shouted because I was surprised by Princess’s recklessness. Why did she throw the perfumes out of the windows?!

Selena was also surprised by Princess’s sudden behavior. Maybe she had another plan from us?

“Don’t worry, it’s all within the plan.” Said Princess as she smiled.

So she did have a plan. After all the perfumes have been thrown out of the windows, Princess’s expression turned into her usual smile.

“Now, we just need to wait for Mischa to get me. Treat me as Akasa Naomi instead of Mugetsu from now on.” She said that and sat on the bench again.

I understood now, so that was her plan! I looked at Selena and said.

“Selena, go to the roof and secure the area. Stop everyone except Mischa Belyaeva and Nobi Hotaru. Shoot them if you need to.”

Selena nodded her head and turned towards the door in the room, “Understood.”

Leaving those words, she exited the room.



Author Here~

More than 55 Advanced chapters (For ALL my series)  Are available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

Most of the money from my Patreon will go to help me write better and Order an Illustration for both of my works. Lastly thank you to all the patrons!! 

Big Thanks for the New Squad Leader!
- Kevin

157