Chapter 203 – Prelude to War 19
2.2k 16 100
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Luna arrived with Melaine and Mizuki a few minutes later. They were surprised to see a boy talking to Mischa and Hotaru, but Mizuki was more surprised when she found out that boy was, in fact, Naomi, who was turned into one by her enemy.

The said enemy was out cold and was flying behind Naomi, but that wasn’t important. A daughter has turned into a son because of an enemy.

She felt a rather strange feeling, but she calmed down a little after seeing Melaine didn’t fret over it. No, it was more correct to say that Melaine was frozen in her place when she saw Naomi as a boy.

However, that lasted only for a few seconds. Now they decided to go back to their base and went into the meeting room after sending Angella to Jorden.

Jorden had already taken Andrew with him as he needed some samples except for the blood that Melaine had taken 80 years ago to find out about something.

Firstly, he wondered how they were able to keep their young appearances like Melaine and her subordinates. He could understand Melaine, but how did the Executives achieve that?

Melaine herself didn’t know about it. She volunteered to find out about it and asked Jorden to see if she was brainwashed or not. Jorden immediately denied it, as Naomi had killed the brainwasher, and the effect of the brainwashing was lifted from everyone in the world.

Then that left two possibilities. Either there was another clone of Melaine like Bel, or the Esper Association had made pills similar to the one to increase the power level but used Melaine’s ability as the base to keep their time stopped.

Those two were the possibilities that Jorden's thought according to the information provided by Melaine.

Secondly, Jorden wanted to find out the side-effect of using the pills that increased power level. He knew a bit from Millie, who possibly used the same pill, that her body broke down a little, and her ability to think had decreased for a few days as the side effect of using the Doping to increase her power level.

As Jorden and the other scientists didn’t want to be disturbed, Melaine decided to go back to the meeting room. Inside the meeting room was Naomi, as a boy. He had changed his clothes into a suit similar to Rekka. They now had the same height, so his clothes fit him perfectly.

Mizuki sat beside Naomi while asking him worriedly, but he kept saying that he was fine and there was nothing wrong with his body right now.

Mischa and Hotaru sat on the right side of the table, while Hyun-Woo and Chi sat on the left side of the table.

Luna had left to rest because she had used her abilities twice to literally travel the world, so she was now exhausted.

After Melaine entered the meeting room, she sat beside Hotaru quietly.

Naomi noticed her. He looked at her and asked.

“Melaine. Do you know how long this transformation will last? Even Mischa can’t cancel it because he only activated his ability once, and the change in my body seems to be similar to getting surgery instead of under an effect of ability like the brainwash that was put on Millie and Mischa.”

Melaine nodded her head. Naomi’s explanation was correct.

Angella’s ability was only used once, and the change in Naomi’s body occurred at that one time. However, after her body was changed into a man's, the ability was already done; it had changed the body fundamentally.

Mischa’s ability to seal another’s ability was only effective to an active ability such as pyrokinesis and such. It couldn’t erase an ability that affected a body.

That was the reason why she couldn’t erase the brainwashing that affected her the whole time. She didn’t even realize it.

“It’s similar to that. Did you remember exhaling a rainbow smoke, Lady… should I call you young master now? I am honestly confused, hahahaha.” Melaine giggled at her own joke. She had noticed Mischa stealing glances at Naomi a few times as her face turned red every time she saw Naomi’s serious face.

He was a handsome boy. It was natural for her to be like that.

Even Melaine often stole a glance at her loved one when she was young. However, that loved one had turned into something like a stranger after a certain incident.

“Don’t joke around, Melaine.” Said Naomi sternly. “I want to go back to my original body. For now, just call me Naomi. Also, I did inhale the weird rainbow smoke that came out from that guy’s hand.”

“I see… That rainbow smoke is Angella’s ability. But please don’t worry… Naomi. Your body will be turned back after a day. His ability was only efficient in surprising his enemy. That’s why he always brought a lot of Espers with him.”

“How can a guy like that become the executive of the Esper Association?” Asked Naomi. She thought that the Executives of the Esper Association were all strong Espers.

Melaine put on a serious face and said.

“He’s the best guy in torture and information gathering. He can become a girl anytime to get information from a client by pretending to be… call girl. Also, his torture method involves that.”

“What a psycho.” Muttered Naomi ominously.

“Truly a psycho.” Added Mizuki with a cold tone.

Both Mizuki and Naomi narrowed their eyes. They were really similar to each other even though Naomi was now a boy.

As the atmosphere turned tense, Hyun-Woo raised his hand to ask for permission to talk, but Naomi shot it down immediately.

“Hyun-Woo, I said no joking right now. Calling me Princess or Prince is prohibited too.”

Dejected, Hyun-Woo lowered his hand. Chi consoled him by saying, ‘It’s okay,’ before she turned to Naomi.

“Then, Naomi.” She raised her hand to ask for permission.

“Yes?” Asked Naomi.

The atmosphere had turned rather normal after Hyun-Woo’s question was shot down. He also had a small smile. It was his intention to turn the atmosphere into normal again by a silly question, but he never expected it to work wonderfully.

Chi also understood his intention; that was why she asked.

“What will you do next that your body is still like that? To be honest, I hope to get a day to prepare for the War.”

“I…” Naomi was about to say that he would destroy the Esper Association himself, but his mother interjected.

“Naomi. They are here with you because they wanted to. Don’t say that you will end the war yourself.” Mizuki said worriedly. “I know that you are strong. But you can depend on us, you know? We, your parents, are here to support you. You also have wonderful friends and subordinates who follow you even after knowing your ability.”

Naomi was silent. She heard her mother talking… or rather, scolding her for the first time in her life.

“So Naomi. You can depend on us. Take a rest until your body turns normal again. Rather, as you are now a boy and no one recognizes you, why don’t you go out with your friend? You can do some shopping like a normal teenager or go watch some movie with her.” Mizuki glanced at Mischa as she said that. There was a playful smile on her face as if she had planned something.

Mischa looked at Mizuki and saw her staring at her with a gaze that said, ‘You have my permission!’

Mizuki must’ve noticed that Mischa had been stealing a glance at Naomi and turned red every time. She didn’t know why she felt like that; it was her first time.

But Mizuki mentioned going with your friend while looking at her. She had implied something, and Mischa understood it.

Naomi had indeed needed a rest. But, knowing his personality, he would refuse it by saying that he was fine.

“I…” Once again, Naomi was about to say something but was interjected by another person. This time, it was Mischa who interjected her.

“Let’s go, Naomi! I want to see a movie that aired today!”

“B-“

“Just go, Naomi.” Said Mizuki.

“However…”

Unexpectedly, this time it was Melaine who interjected.

“Yeah! Just rest for a day! You have defeated an executive from the Esper Association today, so just rest for today!”

Because almost all the people in the room pushed her to rest, she couldn’t help but sigh and accept it.

“Fine! I will rest for a day!”



Author Here~

More than 100 Advanced chapters (For all of my series)  Are available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

Most of the money from my Patreon will go to help me write better and Order an Illustration for both of my works. Lastly thank you to all the patrons!!

100