Chapter 204 – Prelude to War 20
2.5k 18 98
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Naomi was forced to leave the meeting room with Mischa. Both of them were kicked out by Melaine, who used her ability to stop time.

When they realized it, they had already stood in front of the meeting room, and the door was locked from the inside.

“They even kicked us,” Naomi mumbled in irritation as he glanced at the locked door.

Mischa had now gotten used to Naomi’s appearance. She managed to calm herself so as not to be embarrassed each time she looked at Naomi.

“Yeah.” Answered Mischa. “So, they said to shop and anything, but… what will you do? I will accompany you.”

“Hmm…” Naomi touched his chin as he looked at the ceiling. He thought that it might be his last chance to walk around the street calmly as the War against the Esper Association had started with him attacking the Executive.

‘Maybe it will not be bad walking with Mischa. I never hang out with her, just the two of us, even though we are friends.’

He looked at Mischa and then flashed a smile.

“How about we watch a movie together.”

The sudden smile was effective toward Mischa, who just managed to calm herself. She got surprised, and her face reddened again.

“Oh?” Naomi noticed that. He was not dense, and he clearly noticed that Mischa was looking at him strangely. “Mischa… Are you…” He was about to ask Mischa about his suspicion, but she quickly interrupted him.

“O-oh! M-Movies are good! L-let's watch it, Naomi!” She stuttered a little and paced away to the exit.

Looking at Mischa, who acted as if she was a girl who was about to have her first date, made Naomi have an urge to tease her again.

“Maybe being forced to rest is not as bad as I thought.”

Naomi then quickly followed Mischa from behind. As he was in a man’s body now, he tried to act like one and put his hands on his pocket.

***

Inside the meeting room after Melaine kicked Naomi and Mischa out.

Melaine sat on the seat that Naomi used previously with a serious look in her eyes.

“Even though I said that Lady Naomi would turn back in a day, that was only a possibility and had a low chance. The best way to turn her back was to use Angella’s ability to turn her back.”

“So you did lie about it, Melaine.” Said Mizuki as she looked at Melaine with a knowing gaze.

Melaine nodded her head. “Yes.” She then looked at Chi. “I’m sorry, but Chi. How is the experiment with the pills going? Can we extract the ability of an Esper from their DNA?”

“We still can’t understand it. If we seriously research it, I think we need at least a month.”

“A month is too long.” Grumbled Melaine. “I will help with my ability to stop the time around the research lab. Can you research it under such conditions?”

Chi turned silent for a while as she touched her chin. She was not sure if the other researchers would be able to stay sane in such a condition.

The researchers were not crazy enough to research something in a stopped time. Not only that, it would cost them their sanity if they stayed too long in such a space.

After thinking for a while, she finally reached a conclusion.

‘If it’s only Jorden and me then…’

She had decided. Researching the pills was not only to turn Naomi back to normal, but it would also benefit the organization as a whole.

If they succeeded, there was a chance they would be able to imitate Esper’s ability.

She then looked at Melaine and nodded firmly.

“It’s possible if it’s only Jorden and me. But… the time needed to research it… I can’t say for sure how long it will be needed.”

The others were silent when they heard Chi. They were impressed by her dedication.

She was willing to sacrifice her time and energy in a stopped time to research the pills.

“I will help too.” Rekka chimed in. “Although I am not as smart as Chi or Jorden, I can be of help too.”

“Rekka…” mumbled Chi. She appeared to be happy when Rekka volunteered himself.

“Alright. I will stop the time later after the three of you are ready. Now, into the next thing. Let’s talk about Lady Naomi and Mischa.” Melaine said seriously.

Hearing her, Mizuki also nodded seriously. “Indeed, this is a truly unexpected situation. To think that girl actually had something to my daughter… This is a joyous occasion.”

“Eh, what did you say, Mizuki? I also have a feeling for Lady Naomi, but you never said that!”

“Do you think I am a fool, Melaine?” Asked Mizuki seriously. “Your feeling towards Naomi is just something that you made up, isn’t it? You just want to run from your old love; that’s why you acted like that.”

“Tsk! I got found out, huh? You are the second person who noticed it.”

“Don’t underestimate me in something like that. I can read a person’s feelings easily.”

“Well, that’s true. Even Lady Naomi noticed that my feelings toward her were superficial. She’s the only one who could see my acting until you appeared.”

“Fufufu, my girl learned from the best.”

The others were confused by the revelation. All this time, they believed that Melaine acted like a pervert near Naomi because she truly loved her.

However, now that the person herself said that she actually had no feelings for Naomi was surprising. They couldn’t comprehend what had happened.

“Putting that aside, what do you think about Lady Naomi and Mischa? I think they loved each other.”

Hotaru couldn’t comprehend what she said. They loved each other? But they never showed it.

“I agree. I think Princess has a special feeling towards Mischa. She only lost her cool whenever Mischa was involved. There was a time when she was about to destroy the Earth when she noticed that Mischa was brainwashed.” Explained Rekka.

“Oh! That time, huh? The companies around the world panicked and ordered a lot of weapons from us. I must say that time made us gain a lot of profit. Fufufufu.” Mizuki giggled dangerously, and the other decided to ignore her for now.

“But Melaine… Why do you think that they love each other? I know about Mischa being shy around Naomi when she turned into a boy, but…” Hotaru asked Melaine, but the one who answered her was Mizuki, who regained her calm.

“You didn’t expect that Naomi loves her, right, Miss Hotaru?”

“Ah, yes! I have been with Naomi for more than two years, but I never heard her saying something about love or such.”

“It’s easy.” Answered Mizuki. “If Naomi didn’t love her, then she wouldn't go through such lengths to save her. She wouldn’t even feel something even if Mischa was in danger, because you know? That girl… she has no drive. The only reason why she lives is to find something interesting.” Explained Mizuki with a sad smile.

“Right, as expected of her. Lady Naomi told me that she made this organization because she was bored at that time.” Melaine chuckled at her own words. The others were surprised, but Melaine quickly added. “But, you see? Lady Naomi seriously cherished us. She even went to find the executives herself because she didn’t want to involve us. She’s serious about this organization.”

“Then, the reason why you lied to Princess earlier?” Chi asked curiously.

Mizuki puffed her chest proudly and said. “Of course, so that they can have a date! They will realize their feelings, and they will start dating each other!”

Hotaru looked at Mizuki and asked.

“You don’t mind if Naomi dated a girl?!”

Mizuki smiled at Hotaru and replied.

“As long as that girl is happy, then I have no problem. If you are worried about descendants, then we have science to help them... Or at least, it would be good if both realized their feelings in their outing.”

Hotaru smiled wryly as she thought.

‘She’s too free-spirited like Naomi… Just older…Are everyone in the Akasa family like this?’



Author Here~

More than 100 Advanced chapters (For all of my series)  Are available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

Most of the money from my Patreon will go to help me write better and Order an Illustration for both of my works. Lastly thank you to all the patrons!!

98