Chapter 211 – Prelude to War 27
1.8k 7 93
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The show was fantastic, especially the music. Naomi and Mischa watched the show without saying anything; however, their hands were locked with each other unconsciously. It was Mischa who sought Naomi’s hand at first.

As Naomi also didn’t mind locking hands with Mischa, he then guided Mischa’s hand to the chair armrest, and they locked hands while watching the two and half-hour-long opera.

The Phantom of the Opera was a story about a genius disfigured musician. The man in the show wore a white mask over the right half of his face.

The music was also beautiful; Naomi quite liked the one at the beginning and the middle. The Opera finally came to an end with a thief entering the main character's house and taking his white mask.

The entire audience clapped their hands after the show ended, and the actors bowed their heads. Naomi and Mischa were about to clap too, but they realized that their hands were still locked together and stared at each other.

“Umm…” Mischa mumbled, and Naomi quickly pulled his hand.

“My bad…”

The atmosphere became awkward, but the audience clapped again, this time even louder than before.

Clap– Clap–  Clap!

Naomi was confused. The show had ended, but why did the audience clap their hands again? Even the couple beside him was clapping their hands too. He then looked at the stage and saw the person who played the masked main character earlier on the stage with the person who played the female lead.

The man had blonde hair, and he was quite handsome, while the girl was a redhead, they looked good with each other.

“Hello, thank you for attending our last show this month. We have an important announcement to make.” The actor looked at the actress beside him with a big smile on his face.

“Oh my! Is he going to propose?” The middle-aged woman beside Naomi exclaimed.

“It seems so. He’s a romantic type, huh? Proposing in front of a lot of audiences.” Added the husband of the woman.

“Umm, is this normal by any chance?” Asked Mischa.

She was never in an opera before, so she didn’t know whether proposing his love in front of the audience was normal or not. She did think that it was romantic, but she was confused. Why did he do it in front of a lot of people? Wasn’t it supposed to be a happy occasion for two people?

“It’s uncommon, but it happened a few times. It’s one of Opera’s charms.” Answered the woman. “My husband here also proposed to me in this opera house, fufufufu.”

The husband blushed because he suddenly mentioned, “Please don’t say that, dear. It took me a lot of time before I finally had the courage to propose to you in the opera house.”

“Your husband is so romantic, lady. If it’s me, then I will have no courage to do that.” Said Naomi.

“That’s why I accepted his confession that time.” Answered the woman with a smile. “I think he will propose right now.” She then turned to the stage.

As she said, the man on the stage suddenly kneeled in front of the girl and took out a gun… Wait.

Naomi’s eyes suddenly narrowed when he saw the gun. He prepared a Telekinesis barrier that surrounded the stage in case the man tried to shoot the gun toward the audience. It was invisible, so no one noticed that they were already safe.

The audience shrieked, and panic broke inside the opera house. They stood from their seats and ran towards the emergency exit. They pushed each other, and some of them even fell because of it.

The actress on the stage looked terrified, while the man had a twisted smile.

“What is he doing?” The woman beside Naomi muttered. Her eyes narrowed sharply; she wasn’t panicking at all.

Mischa was able to recover from her shock in a second. She looked at Naomi and whispered, “Naomi.”

He nodded slightly and whispered back, “I already secured the area.”

The couple beside them were still seated even though the others were running around, trying to exit the opera house. There were some who were able to keep their calm, but they were seated on the highest floor that couldn’t be seen from below.

Naomi tried to observe the situation. The man seemed to talk to the girl in a low voice. He enhanced his hearing to catch what the man said, but the husband who had talked to him earlier interrupted his concentration.

“You should make your way to the exit, young Naomi. At least you can protect your girlfriend with that.” He said in a worried tone.

“Don’t worry, mister…”

“Paul. Please call me that.”

“Mr. Paul. Thank you for your concern, but please don’t worry about us; we are Espers.” Appeased Naomi.

“Even so…”

“Ssh! Dear. Please be silent; I tried to listen to their conversation.” Interrupted the wife.

Hearing what she said, she must be an Esper with the Adjustment ability or something related to her ear.

With no more distraction, Naomi could now hear what the man was saying.

“Rossie, I have always loved you, but… why did you go out with Mali yesterday? You broke my heart, my Rossie!”

The man said with a concerned tone, but he looked scary instead of romantic with a handgun in his hand.

The audience had all managed to exit the opera house, leaving only a few curious people inside. All of those people were Espers who were confident in their ability to block the bullets, including Naomi, Mischa, and the middle-aged couple beside them.

“J-Johan… W-What do you mean?!”

“You know what I mean, Rossie! I knew that you loved me too! But, why did you go out with Mali yesterday, to a hotel on top of that!”

“Y-you misunderstand, Johan! I-I have always loved you!”

“Lies!” The man shouted. He then started rambling about his reason for loving her and such.

From their conversation, Naomi could understand one thing.

“Cheating, huh. It’s such a common thing nowadays.” Muttered the woman beside Naomi.

“…”

Mischa was listening to the man’s rambling with a serious expression. In contrast, Naomi had enough of it.

“It’s just madness.” He muttered.

“Love is like that. It’s dangerous but sweet at the same time.” Answered the woman.

“I see. Lady, please call the police. I will take care of the gun.”

“Hmm?” The wife looked at Naomi, but he had already extended his right hand in the direction of the man.

The hand of the man who tried to point his gun at the actress suddenly twisted, and he dropped his gun while screaming.

“Arggh!! It hurts!!”

Naomi threw the gun away with his Telekinesis before he made the barrier around the stage disappear. Next, he stood up and helped Mischa to stand with his hand. Mischa took his hand with a smile and took his help happily.

“Thanks.” Said Mischa.

Naomi nodded his head and then turned to the wife, who looked at him in wonder. “Who are you?”

The husband now looked at Naomi cautiously while putting his right hand above his chest. There was a bulge underneath his suit.

‘He brings a gun, huh?’ thought Naomi.

He smiled, bowed his head at the couple and answered, “Just someone who wanted to take his loved one to watch an Opera show.”



Author Here~

More than 100 Advanced chapters (For all of my series)  Are available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

Most of the money from my Patreon will go to help me write better and Order an Illustration for both of my works. Lastly thank you to all the patrons!!

93