Chapter 212 – Prelude to War 28
1.8k 12 86
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The middle-aged couple watched quietly as Naomi calmly left the opera house with Mischa. After Naomi’s little show of ability, the wife’s eyes never left him even for a second. The police had arrived and secured the ground area and the stage.

The actor was apprehended for carrying an illegal gun and the crime of attempted murder. After the police arrived, the remaining people were sent to other rooms for questioning. The couple was also sent to another room, but theirs was a private room with a luxurious atmosphere.

Two beautiful sofas were put in the middle of the room with a round table between them. The mini bar was filled with alcohol and wines. It looked like a room that was befitting for VIPs.

The Man, Paul, sat on the sofa across from his wife and asked her with a concerned tone.

“Elizabeth, dear, could he be?”

He had an inkling about something after he saw the boy’s little show of ability. That was such an accurate Telekinesis that it didn’t even hurt the man, Johan, on the stage. He controlled his Telekinesis in a way he only twisted the actor’s wrist a little before using it again to throw the gun away.

“I don’t know, dear. As he said earlier, the names Naomi and Mischa are common in Japan and Russia. However, the only people who have those names and act together are them.”

“As expected, huh? Thank god, there is nothing that happened in this country. If he somehow runs amok in England, my desk will be filled with documents.”

“That’s true. I finally have a rest from my duty; I can’t say that I appreciate his presence here.”

“You’re correct. But, there is something that I am curious about.”

“What is it, dear?”

“Why is Naomi a boy? Isn’t she a girl?”

“I don’t know either. Maybe his(?) subordinate has some power to change his(?) gender?”

“It could be…”

Both of them fell silent, thinking about the possibility of someone who had the ability to change one’s gender. If such an ability existed, it led to another question.

“But why?” Asked Elizabeth.

“Right… Why did he change his gender just to visit the opera?”

“Hmmm…” Both of them grumbled. They couldn’t understand the youth’s train of thought.

“Maybe he just wanted to have a date, after all?” Guessed Paul.

“…” Elizabeth looked at her husband for a second, two seconds, before finally nodding her head. “That’s the only possibility.”

“… Let’s not talk about it anymore. We can’t guess what he was thinking about.”

“Yes… But, we need to have a meeting after this… Haa…” Elizabeth sighed tiredly. She held her head and leaned her back against the sofa's backrest. “Is it karma for us who snuck out of our work?”

“Ha-hahaha… Maybe…” Paul answered while smiling wryly.

After they stopped talking, the door of the room was knocked from the outside, and a voice followed suit. “Excuse me. May I enter the room? I am the chief of the police.”

Elizabeth fixed her sitting position immediately. She straightened her back and put her hands on top of her thighs.

Paul also fixed his sitting position. He was now looking overbearing with his serious expression and straight back. Then, with a commanding tone, he answered the police.

“You may enter.”

The door opened right after. A wrinkled old man with a dark grey police uniform and hat entered the room. His hair was white, tied in a ponytail. However, even though he was old and had a lot of wrinkles on his face, his body was still stout and big.

In the face of the old man, who held a lot of authority due to him being the chief of the police, the couple was still able to keep their calm. No, it was the opposite. The chief of the police was the one who tried his best to keep his calm.

His mouth was watering from anxiousness. He stopped a bit away from the couple, put his right hand on top of his heart, and bowed 90 degrees to the couple, more specifically at Elizabeth.

“Your Majesty Elizabeth, the Queen of England. I’m sorry for my tardiness.”

“It’s okay. You may rise, chief.” Ordered Elizabeth.

“Yes!” The old man answered and raised his body.

“How is the situation?” Asked Paul.

“Yes, Your Majesty. The situation has been solved. The actor, Johan, has been secured by my subordinates and now is transferred to the nearby jail.”

Elizabeth nodded her head, “Good. Keep up the good work, chief. Ah, also…”

“Yes?”

“Akasa Naomi and Mischa Belyaeva are in this country. Please stand by until they leave the country.”

“…” The chief narrowed his eyes. He heard two names that were famous due to the press conference that shook the world. But, as a professional, he couldn’t let his surprise be shown on his face. He nodded his head and acknowledged, “Certainly.”

“You may leave, chief.”

“Yes, Your Majesty.”

The chief turned away and left the room.

The couple, the Queen of England and her husband, were left in the room. Their expression immediately softened as they slumped into the chair.

“Haa– This is troublesome….” Sighed Elizabeth.

“Indeed.” Answered Paul.

***

In the research lab in an underground base.

Sweat dripped from Melaine’s face as she stood idly inside the space where the time stopped. Jorden, Chi, Rekka, and Anastasia worked at a fast speed to research the blood taken from the two Executives to make the ring that Melaine asked for.

They had been in this space for almost two months already. They worked tirelessly and only ate when Melaine got them food from the outside. However, in the outside world, only two hours had passed.

“Take these documents on that side, Anna!” Ordered Jorden.

“Yes, sir!”

Anastasia had gotten used to being ordered. She had adapted fully and accepted her fate of being Jorden’s assistant. She knew that she couldn’t escape, so she accepted and enjoyed her new life.

Melaine was also tired of going back and forth to bring meals to them. However, she was happy with their progress.

‘A little bit more.’

The research was almost finished. They were at the last stage of the research, testing. Rekka was in charge of it as he was the most skilled in controlling his ability among those present in the room.

“Just use it similar to when you use your power. However, you must concentrate on the ring instead of your body.” Chi explained the way the ring worked. “If you are able to move this sand, then this experiment is a success.” She pointed at a small amount of sand on the floor.

“Alright, I will give it a try.” Rekka answered. He raised his right hand in the direction of the sand. There was a silver ring on his middle finger; it was the ring that was created after tireless research of Jorden and the other. This ring was created from Andrew’s blood; it had the ability to control sand.

He tried to draw the power from the ring as he concentrated. Jorden and Anastasia also stopped working and looked at Rekka. Melaine also narrowed her eyes in anticipation.

After a few seconds, the sands moved a little, and the others cheered.

“Yes!! We can now turn Princess back to normal!” Exclaimed Rekka.

“It moved!” Chi shouted happily.

“We did it!”

“Yes, sir!”

Jorden and Anastasia high-fived each other.

"After two months! The time needed is more than I thought, but we succeed!" Chi dropped on her butt and sighed.

Seeing their success, Melaine smiled from the side.

‘Finally. With this, we are one step closer to stopping Avos.’ She quietly clutched a vial with red liquid inside her pocket. ‘I will take her back from him, definitely.’



Author Here~

More than 100 Advanced chapters (For all of my series)  Are available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

Most of the money from my Patreon will go to help me write better and Order an Illustration for both of my works. Lastly thank you to all the patrons!!

86