Chapter 262 – Dolls 13
948 10 49
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“You brat!” Stephen roared and quickly swung his arms, trying to hit the boy. However, the boy suddenly disappeared, as if he was never there to begin with. What was left was the wound left by the boy.

With his right hand, Stephen quickly pressed the wound to stop the bleeding, but the blood still poured out like a waterfall. “Fuck, this hurts.”

Doni, who was watching from the side, quickly activated his ability and went to Stephen’s back to protect him.

“Hey, are you okay, Stephen?” The blonde boy asked worriedly.

“It’s nothing!” Stephen answered as he looked around. “Where is that fucker? He suddenly appeared and disappeared again the next moment I knew. Even the officer that I was about to beat disappeared alongside that fucker.”

“That’s rather dangerous from how you explain it.” Doni smiled bitterly. Then he looked at the place where the previous officer stood. “There is no sign of movement. It seems that our opponent is troublesome. Do you think he has left us alone on purpose?”

“Don’t know. But I will fucking beat him to a pulp if I find him again. Anyway, Selena told me to retreat. It seems that things have gone smoothly for the siblings. It’s vexing, but I need to tend to my wound too. It fucking hurts.”

“Then let’s quickly retreat,” Doni replied. He then looked at the terrified men to the side and waved his hand. “Hey! We will leave this place. You guys need to run away before this area is flooded by water!”

“Huh?” The men let out a confused sound, unable to understand what had happened. However, when they saw Doni and Stephen running away, they moved their legs and ran in the opposite direction.

They had already seen the battle earlier and were afraid of both guys. Silently, those men swore never to do anything bad again, even on impulse.

***

While Stephen and Doni fought the Public Defenders, Ao siblings were doing their jobs quietly.

The duo troublemakers were doing a really great job at making a commotion that no Public Defenders noticed the river was flooded little by little. To further mask their involvement, Mizu created artificial rain by making use of the dark cloud in the sky.

It honestly was a hard job, but the river was flooded within 5 minutes after he created artificial rain around the river area.

Some people stopped and called the Public Defenders when the water entered the street, but at that time, Mizu had been long gone, and it had become Yuki’s turn to freeze the sewer to create a lasting effect.

The mission ended successfully, and a lot of Public Defenders went to the river to check what had happened.

On the roof of the hotel, Selena let out a tired sigh as she put her rifle back into the case. She was still watching the river area to find the person who had managed to injure Stephen.

Unfortunately, the ones who moved to the river were normal PD officers and some police officers. There was no white-haired boy with a white suit among them.

Selena wasn’t able to record his appearance. His appearance was only a second, and she was too late when she took out a camera. The boy was already gone.

“That white-haired boy. Who is he? To think he was able to injure Stephen when he was using his ability. I should report it to Princess.”

Taking her holo phone out, she called the secure line that was designated as the only communication line for this mission. This line connected to the holo phone in the base, and the one who held that phone was only Chi.

The call was immediately connected, and Selena immediately reported.

“HQ, this is Selena. The mission is a success, and Hanz has managed to infiltrate their base and steal some information. However, there is a little bit of a problem that I need to report.”

A second later, Chi’s voice rang from the speaker, answering.

[This is HQ. What is the problem, Selena? Do you need reinforcement?]

“No, but. I need to report an appearance of a boy that I suspect is a dangerous individual from the Esper Association. That boy has white hair. He wore a white suit, and his ability was unknown. But one thing is for sure. That individual can appear and disappear at will. He was also able to injure Stephen when he used his ability. That’s my report.”

[Do you have any pictures of this said individual.]

“Unfortunately, no. He only appeared for a second, injuring Stephen, then disappeared with the officer that Stephen fought against.”

[Alright. I have received your report. Please go to spot Y-192. We will send Luna to open the portal in an hour. Got it?]

“Copy that.”

[Well then, good work, Selena.]

The communication ended after that, and Selena looked at the two teams that began to make their retreat back to the hotel.

“We need to retreat, huh? So HQ does know something about that boy.” Selena muttered as she put her holo phone back in her pocket. “We were not told about it, maybe because it was still under suspicion. But now that we had seen that boy directly, we were told to retreat. Is the boy that dangerous?”

Selena had no way to confirm it. However, she would follow the HQ’s order. They were the ones who knew about the real situation while she was only doing a mission. Of course, it still made her a bit curious, but she wouldn’t do anything that could destroy HQ’s plan.

“I am content with being able to be a part of this. It is enough for me as long as the Esper Association is destroyed. I will be able to live freely without being plagued by my mind after that.”

The people who gathered under the Moon of Akasha’s banner were the victims of the Esper Association. Selena wasn’t an exception. But, she kept what the Esper Association took from her a secret from anyone else.

“Maybe Princess already knows. Or maybe Mrs. Mizuki also knows about it after seeing my rifle. But it’s not important. I should focus on this mission.”

At that moment, a shadow appeared on the edge of the roof. That shadow was clad in black, but a clear red liquid dripped from the shadow’s hand.

Selena noticed the shadow, and her eyes widened.

“Hanz?! What happened?” She immediately approached the shadow worriedly.

The shadow, Hanz, took a step forward. His body was wobbling, seemingly out of focus. When he reached Selena, he took out a small object from his pocket.

“T-The security is tighter than I thought. My subordinates are now still hiding around the areas, all of them are injured, but they should be fine. More importantly, take this. I will hide for a while to recover my wound and continue my surveillance here. Please take this to the Princess. This is important. Don’t give it to other people, not even Rekka, only to Princess. Eyes and ears are everywhere. I just found out about it earlier.”

Selena understood the severity of the situation. She nodded and took the object from Hanz.

“I will. Good luck.”

Hanz didn’t answer Selena’s words. The shadow under his feet moved and engulfed his whole body. He then disappeared from the roof, leaving Selena behind.

“Eyes and ears are everywhere. That means…”

Those words rang inside Selena’s mind. But the meaning was clear.

“There is a spy inside our organization.”

Author Here~

More than 20 Advanced chapters (For this series)  available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

49